Rate the Unit, Day 92: Brave Ephraim & Brave Veronica

Shiki

42 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

He's the Brave Lyn of this batch

I don't know if I'd go that far. He's fantastic, and at this point, probably top 3-5 units in the game, but what he does is replicable. B!Lyn made even Reinhardt, the meta scourge at the time, look like a chump by being able to handle non-red DC melees (AKA Hector and Effie) as well as ORKO 90% of the cast with a simple hone cavalry. Just to note, due to the power creep armors have had, he's probably better than she is, but at the time of introduction, I'd say she was more powerful relatively than he is now.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

I'm tempted to just give him the 10. He's only .09 away from the round-up under my system as it is...

Do it! Just say it's a favoritism point for having sweet art ;):

Edited by bottlegnomes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celica is amazing. Either give her Aether or pair her with a healer. She literally doesn't want anything except an assist skill.

9/10 She's top tier sword infantry.

Bector gets 10/10

I don't even have him and I know he's the most broken fucker in the game. 

9 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I don't know if I'd go that far. He's fantastic, and at this point, probably top 3-5 units in the game, but what he does is replicable. B!Lyn made even Reinhardt, the meta scourge at the time, look like a chump by being able to handle non-red DC melees (AKA Hector and Effie) as well as ORKO 90% of the cast with a simple hone cavalry. Just to note, due to the power creep armors have had, he's probably better than she is, but at the time of introduction, I'd say she was more powerful relatively than he is now.

I only meant that just as Lyn was the best of the CYL 1 heroes, Hector is the best of the CYL 2 heroes.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I only meant that just as Lyn was the best of the CYL 1 heroes, Hector is the best of the CYL 2 heroes.

I'd say that Hector is kind of in a situation where his competition isn't gonna be as good as he is. Even with major investment, the only one who could come close is Hardin.

Brave Eph is awesome, but competes with all the Hectors and Chrom/Lissa/Grima. Veronica is likely the best staff horse. Celica competes with all the strong sword infantry. 

I mean hopefully we don't see fucking Celica get powercreeped in a few weeks like Brave Roy did back then :p

While these are the two I don't have, I think I've seen enough at this point to know roughly how well they perform 

Celica

Competing in the sword infantry category isn't easy, but she does make it work. Her unique B skill turns any weapon into a brave weapon at full HP, giving her some rather unique and varied builds, such as brave armorsmasher and firesweep. Her base royal sword lets her pull off her standard galeforce sweeper set quite effectively making her a force to be reckoned with on player phase.

She does have several flaws though, one being a lack of self sustain preventing multiple uses of double lion without healer support, which limits team composition. She also has a middling enemy phase when compared to her rivals Karla and Ayra, but still manages to bring something unique and powerful to the table in an overcrowded category.

Her multiple viable builds average around a 9/10

Hector

This guy can never be a bad unit it seems. Hector is Hector, playing very similarly to his base form in fact, with built in QR, but now with a lower threshold and an added killer effect. Oh, and he's a lance armor now.

It's not too hard to see where it goes from there, with a unique version of DC that has it combined with sturdy stance for even better performance on enemy phase. With bold fighter he gets a powerful player phase, notably being able to run Ignis instead of the standard bonfire due to the killer effect on Maltet, making him a superior option on player phase compared to his main competition, Hardin. In comparison, his dual phase set also leaves room for a seal slot as he doesn't need the QR seal.

That aside his only real drawback is not getting accelerated cooldown on enemy phase due to not being able to run steady breath without sacrificing DC. Other than that he's basically the best blue armor. 10/10, Hector OP

Not a lot of ratings. People have forgotten about this one, didn't they?

Brave Celica: 9
Brave Hector: 9.92

Hector has the honor of having the highest rating so far (surprise, right?).

Ephraim, Sacred Twin Lord

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
43/46/49
35/38/41
23/27/30
34/37/40
23/26/30

Base Skills:

Garm
( - )
Draconic Aura

Close Def
Special Fighter
Armor March

Veronica, Brave Princess

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
33/36/40
29/32/35
33/36/39
18/21/24
16/19/22

Base Skills:

Hliðskjálf           
Recover+
Windfire Balm+

( - )
Wrathful Staff
Close Guard

53 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Not a lot of ratings. People have forgotten about this one, didn't they?

Things are probably slow due to the combination of these being very new characters and the fact that there are a lot of new things going on in the game right now to busy oneself with, such as the CYL banner, Legendary Marth, Abyssal difficulty, and the upcoming update.

Brave Veronica:

Veronica is one of a kind. Healer, Damage dealer, Buffer and Debuffer combined into one. So far no other unit exists in the game that can do the same things as she does. Albeit her damage capabilitys pale compared to professional damage dealers they cant offer the amount of utility she gives to a any Team.

Offense: 8/10, Her offenses are good, not very good or excellent but good.
Support: 10/10 with her Windfirebalm and her personall Stave she is one of the best support units in the game, combined with the fact that she can heal AND Debuff the enemy at the same time
Versatility: 10/10 she can fit into any Team
Bulk: 6/10 Her bulk isnt that great, she has SPD going for her so she can avoid doubles, but her Bulk gets higher once she debuffed all enemys and buffed herself

all in all i would give her 8.5/10

I've had a bit of a hard time rating these last two units, I've had a lot of different thoughts crossing my mind about them but I think I'm ready to rate them.

Brave Ephraim: I wasn't sure if I'd rate him the same as Brave Hector or a little below, but I'm starting to think he's just as good. He comes with his own set of excellent skills and can do a lot of what Hector does, except he's a green unit and not a blue one. That puts him in competition with the other three green Hectors, but I honestly think Ephraim outshines them. He can get insane bonuses and his skills are, as I said, excellent. He's a fantastic unit and a great choice. 10/10

Brave Veronica: Similarly to B/Ephraim, Veronica reminded me of another unit. She seems a lot like Sothe, except on a horse and with a staff. But I think she outshines Sothe. In fact I'd say she's probably the best healing cavalry in the game right now, going right up with Maribelle. She still kind of falls behind the other Brave units due to her class, but she's impressive in her own right. 8/10

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

Time is short, and I'm annoyingly busy, so I'll briefly peruse matchup lists and keep this one brief for now, with the intention of returning to edit in my usual spiel later. Might happen, might not.

Garm Ephraim

Garm is silly. His natural Special Fighter B Passive works so well with it, it's not even funny.

Incredibly strong blue and very strong green matchups with mixed phase capability (10), and armor field/combat buff & Panic Ploy support (1.5) earn him 9.5/10.

Veronica

She's a little better than Maribelle, combat-wise, as she's naturally faster and Hliðskjálf covers her lower Atk. Her support capabilities are comparable: she cannot Ploy, but Hliðskjálf has that covered too. Overall, I don't feel that she's so much better at combat than Maribelle so as to deserve higher than the same 6.5/10.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have used a different weighting for healer combat and support scores, to emphasize their support role.

• 1 month later...
On 11.10.2018 at 1:41 AM, Simpsons138 said:

We've got three new banners since Brave Heroes, being Doorway to Destiny, Nohrian Dusk and Generals of Muspell, I think it's time to rate these units, 13 total

Well, as you can see, almost no one is rating these units, so yeaaaaah. The last round was the Brave Heroes one and you would expect people jump on this more enthusiastically.

I mean I would be up to continue this but alas without the demand it would be a bit pointless. Even the other thread went silent for a month.

23 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Well, as you can see, almost no one is rating these units, so yeaaaaah. The last round was the Brave Heroes one and you would expect people jump on this more enthusiastically.

I mean I would be up to continue this but alas without the demand it would be a bit pointless. Even the other thread went silent for a month.

There is almost no point in rating them because its all armor and dragon land (more armor). Other units just cant touch what armorers and dragon&armor combination can bring to the table thanks to broken stupid skills.