Rate the Unit, Day 92: Brave Ephraim & Brave Veronica

Shiki

Sully - Sully is not unviable, just uncompetitive. Among lance cavs, her attack is only higher than that of Spring Xander at base. The Attack superboon is her biggest lifeline, and brings her arena score up another point entirely. The only other Lance Cavs that can score this high via stats while taking a relevant boon are Legendary Ephraim and Atk/-Res Spring Xander. 34 speed was the highest among lance cavs until Roderick and Oscar showed up and matched her. But a 30/34 offensive spread looks more poor when compared to other options once they've taken a boon as well. Sully's magical bulk matches that of Mathilda, but Mathilda's focus on having a high Res stat over high HP lets her deliver and avoid Ploys. While 42 HP is not reasonably high enough to Panic Ploy other units, and of course cavs cannot infantry pulse. 2.5 out of 10. Outclassed in all regards, but she's got more to offer than Jagen and only sits at three to five points lower offensive than the competition. I've seen worse launch units.

Cordelia - Nothing gets players excited more than the 35/35 offensive spread. Cordelia ties with Est for highest atk stat while 35 speed is less than Tana, Shigure, and Clair. Cordelia is still competitive as a firesweep lance user, and only behind Est in proficiency with the brave lance. If we're considering optimized skills, stats, and max merge levels, I'm more impressed by Hinoka's unique lance and Shigure's higher stat total, both of whom score higher than Cordelia can. 7 out of 10.

Past Ratings

Spoiler
  1. Aflonse - 3
  2. Marth - 7
  3. Sharena - 3
  4. Jagen - 1
  5. Anna - 4.5
  6. Barst - 3
  7. Cain - 4
  8. Draug - 7.5
  9. Gordin - 5
  10. Jeorge - 5.5
  11. Abel - 5.5
  12. Linde - 9
  13. Minerva - Abstain
  14. Merric - 3.5
  15. Maria - 6
  16. Wrys - 3.5
  17. Ceada - Abstain
  18. Ogma - 4
  19. Catria - 4
  20. Est - 6
  21. Sheena - 6.5
  22. Cecilia - 4
  23. Clarine - 6.5
  24. Matthew - 4
  25. Palla - 2.5
  26. Roy -7
  27. Gwendolyn - 7.5
  28. Shanna - 4.5
  29. Bartre - 7
  30. Fae - 7.5
  31. Serra - 4
  32. Lissa - 2
  33. Tiki - 8
  34. Lilina - 7
  35. Florina - 1.5
  36. M!Robin - 3.5
  37. Hector - 8
  38. Raven - 8.5
  39. Gaius - 4 out of 10
  40. Virion - 3.5
  41. Raigh - 1.5
  42. Sophia - 3.5

Ratings I would change in retrospect: Definitely drop Gordin to 2. Dunno what I was thinking that day. Would also drop Linde a full point.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sully

• Unremarkable stat line with decent Spd and alright Res, but low Def and poor Atk.
    • Decent red and passable blue matchups on offense with a Harmonic Lance set and Hone Cavalry active. Needs Swordbreaker to properly deal with faster Red foes.
    • Can get victories with an EP set, but takes a lot of damage due to her lower defenses.
  • As a cavalry unit, she can run a cavalry field or combat buff in her C passive slot.

Overall, I give her 6 for combat (cavalry team assumed; decent red, passable blue matchups on the player phase), and 1 for support (cavalry field/combat buff), for a total rating of 5.5/10.

Cordelia

• Offense-focused stat line with good Atk and Spd, and low Def and Res.
    • Capable user of all of the prominent offensive lances (Brave, Slaying, Firesweep, Harmonic), with solid red and blue matchups on the player phase with a Hone Fliers buff active. She can use Desperation for sustainability if she isn’t running a Firesweep set.
    • Relatively poor defensive matchups due to low Def and Res.
  • As a flier, she can run a flier field or combat buff in her C passive slot.

Overall, I give her 9 for combat (flier team assumed; solid red and blue matchups, small sustainability bonus), and 1 for support (flier field/combat buff), for a total rating of 8.5/10.

~

Scoring method:

Spoiler

Units are evaluated based on both their combat performance and their team support capabilities (i.e. their whole contribution to a team).

• Combat performance is judged by matchups, especially against enemies that are at triangle disadvantage or neutral to the unit. Performance against more relevant meta threats is more valuable than performance against units that are rarely seen. Scale of 0 to 10.
    • Sustainability and filling a useful niche are given small bonuses, when applicable.
    • I will look at least one PP-focused and one EP-focused skill set for each unit, but only evaluate based on performance for whichever phase I deem the unit to be stronger on.
  • Support capabilities are decided by how much support a unit can provide (without horribly compromising their combat capabilities), and how valuable I feel that support is. Scale of 0 to 3.
  • At the end, the combat and support scores will be weighted (with a heavy focus on combat performance), combined, and rounded to the nearest .5 to obtain the total rating. Dancers and Singers will get +1 point to their total rating (not to exceed 10), because I value Dance/Sing utility highly.

This method of evaluation essentially compares each unit to a hypothetical "god unit" who is stellar at everything, instead of each unit to each other.

All my ratings.

Sully

Best described as a melee-version of Olwen in terms of statline and also a natural anti-Red button due to innate Sapphire Lance. If you are to make her good; you gotta hope you get an +ATK because of that superboon and she'll be serviceable. One more thing, she has at least access to Cavalry buffs. If I were to recommend a set for Sully, it's either a Slaying Lance+ with Fury set or a Firesweeper build with Life and Death/Swift Sparrow.

Still, her statline is not too remarkable and you gotta be crazy enough to experiment with her.

Cordelia

35/35 neutral offenses is just nuts and the fact that she's a Flier means she's the ideal candidate for a Firesweep Lance. She is rather squishy though on both physical and magical sides.

Super tired. Maybe I will do just one. Did two anyways.

Here is how my criteria are rated:

Spoiler

Mobility:
Armor units are 0/10. Infantry units are 5/10. Cavalry units are 8/10. Flying units are 9/10. Units with unique mobility skills will bump up their score.
Range:
Melee units are 0/10. Distant Counter Weapon melee units are 5/10. Ranged units are 10/10.
Player Phase Raw Performance:
This is based on the W:L:I ratio. Enemies will have a set up of +5, +Spd, Moonbow, and Fury. The unit will be +0, may not use Breakers, and will not have Chills or Ploys activate. Units may have access to buffs (usually, +4 to any two stats for infantry and armors, and 6/6/0/0 or 0/0/6/6 for cavalry and fliers). I would also list the build used to achieve that ratio. I think the following formula is pretty reasonable:
(W%) - (L%*0.25) = Raw Performance
Player Phase Weighted Performance:
Since most units can get a raw performance score of at least 5, setting 5 as 0 for the weighted performance makes more sense in judging how good a unit is.
(Raw Performance - 5) * 2 = Weighted Performance
Player Phase Independence:
This just means how reliant the unit is on buffs. If I take off the buffs and the unit still performs pretty well, they will get a good score. The formula is that same as the raw performance:
(W%) - (L%*0.25) = Independence
Enemy Phase Raw Performance:
See Above.
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance:
See Above.
Enemy Phase Independence:
See Above.
Ease of Use:
This is an average of the mobility and range scores.
Performance:
This consolidates the weighted performance and independence scores into one score, and uses the higher of Player Phase or Enemy Phase. This also means that the build used in weighted performance may not necessarily be their best build, since there may be an alternative build with a slightly worse performance but have much higher independence.
(Weighted Performance * 0.8) + (Raw Performance * 0.1) + (Independence * 0.1) = Performance
Support:
Most units by default will be 0/10. Units with 30+ Res start from 1/10. Dagger units start from 1/10. Healers start from 2/10. Buffers start from 3/10. Fliers start from 4/10. Dancers/Singers start from 5/10. Other unique support skills may further boost their score.
Other:
If the unit has some unique application or fun build, it will be noted here. For example, since Raven mages have a performance penalty, they will get some extra points here for being relevant and viable in certain team compositions.

Familiarity/Experience:
This just means how familiar I am with this particular unit or type of unit in Arena. If it is a low number, that means you should take the following rating number with a grain of salt since I do not have much experience with this particular unit and/or type of unit.
Rating:
The rating is how good I think a unit is. Here is how I weigh each criterion:
Ease of Use 4/10
Performance: 5/10
Support: 1/10
Other: If the unit got some unique application or fun build, they will get a boost to their rating.

Notes:
1. A unit's build in raw performance will not take into account a unit's support build, Raven build, or any other builds. Likewise, a unit's ease of use, support, and other criteria will not take into account the unit's raw performance build.
2. Since healers' Firesweep build [+Atk, Pain [Dazzling Staff], Attack +3, Wrathful Staff, Attack +3] requires the user to do two rounds of combat to measure how good it is, that overwhelmingly skews the combat results for healers, so I decided to tone down their performance by using Brazen Atk/Spd-Desperation and taking away 10 HP or 25% of max HP, which ever is greater.
3. The build used in raw/weighted performance may not be the best build. If there is an alternative build with a slightly less performance but much higher independence, that build will be used instead.
4. Axe and dagger versions of Wo Dao are not available in the regular summoning pool yet, but I think they will be added in the future, so I am using Giant Spoon and Lethal Carrot.

Disclosures:
I have a strong bias for non-armor Player Phase ranged units. My experience with melee and armor units in Arena is pretty minimal, so my rating for them is mostly based on theory. My Arena core consists of BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia. I am usually in Tier 20, but I may drop to Tier 19 if I do not fish for points.

Other:

Spoiler

Template

— — — — — — — ◆Red◆ — — — — — — —
— — — — — — — ◾Blue◾ — — — — — — —
— — — — — — — ⬟Green⬟ — — — — — — —
— — — — — — — ●Colorless● — — — — — — —

Mobility: /10
Range: /10
Player Phase Raw Performance: /10 — #:#:#
Player Phase Weighted Performance: /10
Player Phase Independence: /10 — #:#:#
[+Boon, -Bane, Weapon, Special, A, B, Sacred Seal, #/#/#/#]
Enemy Phase Raw Performance: /10 — #:#:#
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance: /10
Enemy Phase Independence: /10 — #:#:#

Ease of Use: /10
Performance: /10
Support: /10
Other: /10

Familiarity/Experience: /10
Rating: /10

Summary:

_______ got bad/okay/good/stellar combat performance.

She/He can run Ploys to support the team.

She/He can support their team with daggers/Light Breath and Dark Breath

She/He is a great mobility support unit as a flier.

She/He can also run Firesweep-Hit and Run as a flier unit.

She/He can run a Firesweep-Poison Strike-Poison Strike.

She/He can run Wrathful Staff-Dazzling Staff to emulate Firesweep archers.

She/He can run a Raven set.

Summary:

— — — — — — — ◾Sully◾ — — — — — — —

Mobility: 8/10
Range: 0/10
Player Phase Raw Performance: 6.78/10 — 177:22:54
Player Phase Weighted Performance: 3.56/10
Player Phase Independence: 3.76/10 — 101:23:129
[+Spd, -Res, Harmonic Lance [Spd], Moonbow, Life and Death, Desperation, Speed +3, 6/6/0/0]

Enemy Phase Raw Performance: 7.48/10 — 193:15:45
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance: 4.96/10
Enemy Phase Independence: 5.17/10 — 139:33:81
[+Atk, -Res, Harmonic Lance [Spd], Moonbow, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, Speed +3, 6/6/0/0]

Ease of Use: 4/10
Performance: 5.23/10
Support: 0/10
Other: 0/10

Familiarity/Experience: 0/10
Rating: 4/10

Summary:

Sully got okay combat performance. She surprisingly did better with an Enemy Phase build.

— — — — — — — ◾Cordelia◾ — — — — — — —

Mobility: 9/10
Player Phase Raw Performance: 8.42/10 — 217:16:20
Player Phase Weighted Performance: 6.84/10
Player Phase Independence: 5.89/10 — 153:16:84
[+Spd, -Res, Harmonic Lance [Spd], Moonbow, Swift Sparrow, Desperation, Speed +3, 6/6/0/0]
Enemy Phase Raw Performance: 7.77/10 — 202:22:29
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance: 5.53/10
Enemy Phase Independence: 6.32/10 — 169:36:48
[+Spd, -Res, Harmonic Lance [Spd], Moonbow, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, Iote's Shield, 6/6/0/0]

Ease of Use: 4.5/10
Performance: 6.9/10
Support: 4/10
Other: 10/10

Familiarity/Experience: 2/10
Rating: 6.5/10

Summary:

Cordelia got good combat performance. She is a great mobility support unit as a flier. She can also run Firesweep-Hit and Run as a flier unit.

Edited by XRay

Sully: 3.57
Cordelia: 7.79

Oh boy, here we go.

Hawkeye, Desert Guardian

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
42/45/48
30/33/36
19/22/25
24/28/31
27/30/33

Base Skills:

Killer Axe+
( - )
Growing Light

Death Blow
( - )
Threaten Atk

Nino, Pious Mage

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
30/33/36
30/33/36
33/36/39
16/19/22
23/26/30

Base Skills:

Gronnblade+
Draw Back
( - )

Resistance+
( - )
Hone Atk

Edited by The Priest

Hawkeye - Best Res stat and general magic bulk on any axe infantry. But his speed is so low that manaketes could double him. His physical bulk is finely average for his class, allowing archers to quad him for the ORKO. So the niche is clearly mage counter with some frontline potential for dealing with non red manaketes. Hawkeye's mixed bulk can also be used with Emerald Axe. Usually such a skill/weapon is a crutch, but Hawkeye is definitely the best anti blue. 5.5 out of 10. Tops a particular niche and a good stat distribution put this guy above other picks, but he can potentially provide little help to the team depending on what you encounter and what his build is.

Nino - Tied for fastest green mage and has an above average attack stat for her class. Her defensive distribution is not notable, and if she fails to one shot with the blade tome, she can be obliterated by a lot of meta relevant units with a single counterattack. Her team has to max out buffs in order to ensure these one hit kills, and that's a lot of necessary setup. Green tome is probably the most wholly competitive color as well with only a few duds like Merric hanging around. You have to look at some of the more unique picks such as Better!Olwen and Gunnthra, the Naga users for dragon killing, or Spring Sharena who trades a point in attack for better ploys and magic bulk. Nino will probably still be competing at or near the top no matter how many great tome users get released, so 8 out of 10 for always doing her best.

Past Ratings

Spoiler
  1. Aflonse - 3
  2. Marth - 7
  3. Sharena - 3
  4. Jagen - 1
  5. Anna - 4.5
  6. Barst - 3
  7. Cain - 4
  8. Draug - 7.5
  9. Gordin - 5
  10. Jeorge - 5.5
  11. Abel - 5.5
  12. Linde - 9
  13. Minerva - Abstain
  14. Merric - 3.5
  15. Maria - 6
  16. Wrys - 3.5
  17. Ceada - Abstain
  18. Ogma - 4
  19. Catria - 4
  20. Est - 6
  21. Sheena - 6.5
  22. Cecilia - 4
  23. Clarine - 6.5
  24. Matthew - 4
  25. Palla - 2.5
  26. Roy -7
  27. Gwendolyn - 7.5
  28. Shanna - 4.5
  29. Bartre - 7
  30. Fae - 7.5
  31. Serra - 4
  32. Lissa - 2
  33. Tiki - 8
  34. Lilina - 7
  35. Florina - 1.5
  36. M!Robin - 3.5
  37. Hector - 8
  38. Raven - 8.5
  39. Gaius - 4 out of 10
  40. Virion - 3.5
  41. Raigh - 1.5
  42. Sophia - 3.5
  43. Sully -2.5
  44. Cordelia -7
  45. Hawkeye - 5.5
  46. Nino - 8

Ratings I would change in retrospect: Gordin would be a 2.5. Dunno what I was thinking with him. Linde would also drop a point.

Edited by Glennstavos

Hawkeye: Hawkeye is better than usually given credit for. He may not be as good as Dorcas, Raven, or Bartre, but he does his job good enough. He has good attack and can take a hit, but his speed is pretty bad. 6/10

Nino: Nino is one of the best green mages in the game, if not THE best. Her speed is great and she can hit hard, with her only downfall being her physical defense. But hey, no unit is perfect, right? 9/10

Hawkeye: very niche and not versatile at all. 3/10 at best. While his mixed bulk is awesome, the fact he has to use an Emerald axe or Triangle Adept to even be somewhat usefull makes him very garbagoooo, there are units that do his job better and bring alot more to the table then simply being a Blue color check. Heck those units dont even have to be green lulz

Nino: 8/10 hands down still the best green mage nuker for offense. But the meta has shifted away from her.

Hawkeye. He is in an odd spot, he has an above average Atk, average Def and above average Res coupled with a high Hp and atrocious Spd. This should let him be a good EP tank right? Not exactly. His stats let him tank a few hits but his Atk isn't high enough to ORKO back and his defenses, while decent, aren't optimized enough to let him survive more than 2 or 3 rounds of combat. He has a niche as the infantry axe with the highest Res but outside of that he's outclassed by Dorcas. If he gets a Prf one day maybe he'll become a beast but right now he doesn't have a lot going on for him.

Rating: 4/10

Nino. She does her best to nuke the enemy. She has the best offensive spread of all the green mages with only S!Sharena coming close to it (although she has extra BST and a Prf to compensate), thanks to her default Gronnblade she just needs the basic buffs of Hone Atk+Hone Spd to wreck almost everything in the game....Or she used to, at least. The meta has shifted towards high amounts of bulk that makes OHKO/ORKOs quite difficult to make and Nino's defenses are pathetic making her extremely suceptible to dragons, DC armors and many other threats. It doesn't help that Panic Ploy is a popular skill which renders Nino moot if she's hit by it (and that's not too hard considering her abysmal Hp). Nino is still very powerful but she doesn't shine like she used to. 

Rating: 7.5/10

Hawkeye - He can pull a pretty convincing mixed-tank build with +Def/-Spd, or just go +Res/-Spd to bait mages.  His Atk is middling, and his Spd is awful.  Unlike Hector, he doesn't come with extra stats to make up for being doubled all day long, nor can he pull off Reinhardt's massive PP damage (the enemy can't counter-attack if they're dead).  With the hyper-offensive meta, a non-specialized tank doesn't really help.  3/10

Nino - She's the original light and fast -blade mage, and was way easier to get than Tharja.  She'll still nuke blues, most greens, and some reds with the proper setup, but alas, she's an infantry unit, and arranging their buffs is so much harder than any other movement class!  She also dies to any sort of competent offensive unit.  Still good, but sadly out-powercrept.  7.5/10

Hawkeye

• Bulky stat line featuring decent Atk, Def, and Res, and poor Spd.
    • Capable of running an Atk-stacking Brave Axe set on the player phase to net 2HKOs. Yields decent blue and passable green results, but fails to KO many high-physical-bulk foes, including a number of blues (mostly Lance Armors).
    • He has the defensive stat line to capably run a Slaying Axe/Bonfire/Distant Counter set on defense for strong blue and passable green matchups.
  • He has some ploy capability with his decent Res.

Overall, I give him 6.5 for combat (strong blue, passable green matchups on defense), and 1 for support (basic field/combat buff, some ploy capability), for a total rating of 6/10.

Nino

• Offense-oriented stat line featuring good Spd and Atk, passable Res, and low Def.
    • Very strong (albeit buff-dependent) matchups against blues, and good matchups against greens with a standard Gronnblade+/Fury set on offense. Sustainable through the use of Desperation. Has some trouble with Def-targeting DC greens at lower merge levels, but an extra +8 bulk and a +3-4 Def buff greatly mitigate these issues.
    • Her enemy phase performance is not strong, as she is hampered by her low Def.
  • She cannot provide much support beyond the standard C passive field/combat buff.

Overall, I give her 8.5 for combat (very strong blue, good green matchups on offense; small sustainability bonus), and .5 for support (basic field/combat buff), for a total rating of 8/10.

~

Scoring method:

Spoiler

Units are evaluated based on both their combat performance and their team support capabilities (i.e. their whole contribution to a team).

• Combat performance is judged by matchups, especially against enemies that are at triangle disadvantage or neutral to the unit. Performance against more relevant meta threats is more valuable than performance against units that are rarely seen. Scale of 0 to 10.
    • Sustainability and filling a useful niche are given small bonuses, when applicable.
    • I will look at least one PP-focused and one EP-focused skill set for each unit, but only evaluate based on performance for whichever phase I deem the unit to be stronger on.
  • Support capabilities are decided by how much support a unit can provide (without horribly compromising their combat capabilities), and how valuable I feel that support is. Scale of 0 to 3.
  • At the end, the combat and support scores will be weighted (with a heavy focus on combat performance), combined, and rounded to the nearest .5 to obtain the total rating. Dancers and Singers will get +1 point to their total rating (not to exceed 10), because I value Dance/Sing utility highly.

This method of evaluation essentially compares each unit to a hypothetical "god unit" who is stellar at everything, instead of each unit to each other.

All my ratings.

Spoiler

Mobility:
Armor units are 0/10. Infantry units are 5/10. Cavalry units are 8/10. Flying units are 9/10. Units with unique mobility skills will bump up their score.
Range:
Melee units are 0/10. Distant Counter Weapon melee units are 5/10. Ranged units are 10/10.
This is based on the W:L:I ratio. Enemies will have a set up of +5, +Spd, Moonbow, and Fury. The unit will be +0, may not use Breakers, and will not have Chills or Ploys activate. Units may have access to buffs (usually, +4 to any two stats for infantry and armors, and 6/6/0/0 or 0/0/6/6 for cavalry and fliers). I would also list the build used to achieve that ratio. I think the following formula is pretty reasonable:
Since most units can get a raw performance score of at least 5, setting 5 as 0 for the weighted performance makes more sense in judging how good a unit is.
This just means how reliant the unit is on buffs. If I take off the buffs and the unit still performs pretty well, they will get a good score. The formula is that same as the raw performance:
See Above.
See Above.
See Above.
Ease of Use:
Performance:
This consolidates the weighted performance and independence scores into one score, and uses the higher of Player Phase or Enemy Phase. This also means that the build used in weighted performance may not necessarily be their best build, since there may be an alternative build with a slightly worse performance but have much higher independence.
(Weighted Performance * 0.8) + (Raw Performance * 0.1) + (Independence * 0.1) = Performance
Support:
Most units by default will be 0/10. Units with 30+ Res start from 1/10. Dagger units start from 1/10. Healers start from 2/10. Buffers start from 3/10. Fliers start from 4/10. Dancers/Singers start from 5/10. Other unique support skills may further boost their score.
Other:
If the unit has some unique application or fun build, it will be noted here. For example, since Raven mages have a performance penalty, they will get some extra points here for being relevant and viable in certain team compositions.

Familiarity/Experience:
This just means how familiar I am with this particular unit or type of unit in Arena. If it is a low number, that means you should take the following rating number with a grain of salt since I do not have much experience with this particular unit and/or type of unit.
Rating:
Ease of Use 4/10
Other: If the unit got some unique application or fun build, they will get a boost to their rating.

Notes:
1. A unit's build in raw performance will not take into account a unit's support build, Raven build, or any other builds. Likewise, a unit's ease of use, support, and other criteria will not take into account the unit's raw performance build.
2. Since healers' Firesweep build [+Atk, Pain [Dazzling Staff], Attack +3, Wrathful Staff, Attack +3] requires the user to do two rounds of combat to measure how good it is, that overwhelmingly skews the combat results for healers, so I decided to tone down their performance by using Brazen Atk/Spd-Desperation and taking away 10 HP or 25% of max HP, which ever is greater.
3. The build used in raw/weighted performance may not be the best build. If there is an alternative build with a slightly less performance but much higher independence, that build will be used instead.
4. Axe and dagger versions of Wo Dao are not available in the regular summoning pool yet, but I think they will be added in the future, so I am using Giant Spoon and Lethal Carrot.

Disclosures:
I have a strong bias for non-armor Player Phase ranged units. My experience with melee and armor units in Arena is pretty minimal, so my rating for them is mostly based on theory. My Arena core consists of BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia. I am usually in Tier 20, but I may drop to Tier 19 if I do not fish for points.

Other:

Spoiler

Template

Summary:

Summary:

— — — — — — — ⬟Hawkeye⬟ — — — — — — —

Mobility: 5/10
Player Phase Raw Performance: 6.06/10 — 168:59:26
Player Phase Weighted Performance: 2.11/10
Player Phase Independence: 4.65/10 — 137:77:39
[+Atk, -Spd, Brave Axe, Moonbow, Death Blow, Guard, Quickened Pulse, 4/0/4/0]

Enemy Phase Raw Performance: 6.21/10 — 171:56:26
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance: 2.41/10
Enemy Phase Independence: 5.15/10 — 150:79:24
[+Def, -Spd, Slaying Axe [Def], Ignis, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte, Close Def, 0/0/4/4]

Ease of Use: 2.5/10
Performance: 3.06/10

Rating: 2.5/10

Summary:

Hawkeye got bad combat performance. He can run Ploys to support the team.

— — — — — — — ⬟Nino⬟ — — — — — — —

Range: 10/10
Player Phase Raw Performance: 6.35/10 — 171:41:41
Player Phase Weighted Performance: 2.7/10
Player Phase Independence: 2.31/10 — 69:42:142
Enemy Phase Raw Performance: /10 — 137:55:61
Enemy Phase Independence: /10 — 104:66:83
[+Spd, -Res, Gronnowl [Spd][1 Ally], Moonbow, Close Counter, Quick Riposte, Close Def, 4/0/4/0]

Ease of Use: 7.5/10
Performance: 3.03/10
Support: 0/10

Familiarity/Experience: 7/10
Rating: 4.5/10

Summary:

Nino got okay combat performance.

Edited by XRay

Nino: Essentially a green Linde, she's one of your best choices for an infantry green bladetome user. She loses two points of attack to Linde but makes up for it by actually existing, even if lately she does struggle with units she used to have little problems with like blue dragons. Bladetomes are a stronger choice for emblem mages than infantry mages these days, but Nino still does her best. With the addition/improvement of bulky blue units that can survive a hit from her and potentially KO her on the counter I feel she's a bit weaker than Linde these days (comparable reds are rarer, so Linde has less trouble doing her job than Nino). Rating: 7.5/10

Edited by kirauza343

Hawkeye: An interesting green mixed tank with alright attack but lousy speed. There’s the possibility that he could catch a couple mages off guard, but the speed just kills this guy. He’s pretty limited to what he can do, partly due to his speed and another by being an infantry unit. I’ve seen worse though. 5/10

Nino: Ugh I hate this girl. She continues to make me scared shitless in AA because as I’ll begrudgingly admit she’s so damn good. Her offensives are phenomenal, and she’ll more than likely make a huge dent in (if not outright kill) anyone barring high res red mages like Katarina, Sanaki, Julius etc. She comes with a bladetome which she uses to great effect, and generally she doesn’t require much work to be made into a killing machine. A couple things hold her back though. First off, her bulk is overall poor, especially her defense. Even her resistance isn’t particularly impressive for a mage. So anything that she couldn’t kill in one hit and can hit back will very likely kill her. On top of that, she can’t get her blade tome refined which means she’ll miss out on stat increases from other possible tomes unless she opts for something like an awkward owl tome set (don’t do this). She’s still plenty viable though. 8/10

Hawkeye: 3/10. Death Blow fodder. His statline is really quite poor - high HP and low speed is generally bad, res is a poor choice for a melee unit without DC as well (though less bad than it once was due to dragons becoming more prominent).

Nino: 8/10. The memes about her are annoying but she's certainly good. A little outclassed by some emblem blade mages but there's no shame in that.

Hawkeye: 4.22
Nino: 7.60

Today a bit earlier because I'm ill.

Felicia, Maid Mayhem

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
31/34/38
20/23/26
34/37/40
15/18/21
32/35/38

Base Skills:

Felicia's Plate (After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within 2 spaces through their next actions. Calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.)
( - )
Glacies

Resistance+
( - )
Breath of Life

Jakob, Devoted Servant

Spoiler

Max Stats:
35/39/42
25/29/32
27/31/34
22/25/29
21/24/28

Base Skills:

Silver Dagger+
Rally Resistance
( - )

Defense+
Renewal
( - )

Edited by The Priest

Felicia: At first, she was a niche anti-mage check with her high speed and resistance, but she eventually got her own weapon which really works wonders on her. Her normally atrocious attack is somewhat mitigated thanks to the weapon targeting the lower defensive stat, and she still turns most mages to mincemeat. She has trouble with dragons who have fairly balanced bulk and can rip through her, as well as knights who many players equip with distant counter. She thus relies quite heavily on Desperation to reliably kill units. If used carefully, she can make some clutch moves. 7.5/10

Jakob: He’s got nothing really. Balanced, unimpressive stats all around with no real niche to differentiate himself. No matter how much someone like Metakite might tell you otherwise, he’s just an overall poor unit. Maybe a personal weapon down the line is possible? 2/10

Edited by SilvertheShadow

Felicia - Great personal weapon and is top of her class in speed and magical bulk. Felicia was a comparatively good dagger unit before she got the buff. Targeting the lower of Def and Res was the perfect answer to her non-mage matchups. There are still a lot of things that Felicia cannot kill, and the likelihood of her surviving a DC weapon or dragon is nonexistant. Still, for offensive dagger picks, she's a contender for the very best. She can also occasionally apply safe debuffs and damage if their team includes any mages or healers, something most other dagger units cannot do. The cooldown charge +1 against mages help her build up glacies which can then be used to nuke somebody she wouldn't otherwise be able to attack. 6.5 out of 10.

Jakob - This is why you reclass Jakob to Paladin. Stats are unremarkable across the board. He can't compete as an offensive or defensive dagger unit. 1 out of 10

Past Ratings

Spoiler
  1. Aflonse - 3
  2. Marth - 7
  3. Sharena - 3
  4. Jagen - 1
  5. Anna - 4.5
  6. Barst - 3
  7. Cain - 4
  8. Draug - 7.5
  9. Gordin - 5
  10. Jeorge - 5.5
  11. Abel - 5.5
  12. Linde - 9
  13. Minerva - Abstain
  14. Merric - 3.5
  15. Maria - 6
  16. Wrys - 3.5
  17. Ceada - Abstain
  18. Ogma - 4
  19. Catria - 4
  20. Est - 6
  21. Sheena - 6.5
  22. Cecilia - 4
  23. Clarine - 6.5
  24. Matthew - 4
  25. Palla - 2.5
  26. Roy -7
  27. Gwendolyn - 7.5
  28. Shanna - 4.5
  29. Bartre - 7
  30. Fae - 7.5
  31. Serra - 4
  32. Lissa - 2
  33. Tiki - 8
  34. Lilina - 7
  35. Florina - 1.5
  36. M!Robin - 3.5
  37. Hector - 8
  38. Raven - 8.5
  39. Gaius - 4 out of 10
  40. Virion - 3.5
  41. Raigh - 1.5
  42. Sophia - 3.5
  43. Sully -2.5
  44. Cordelia -7
  45. Hawkeye - 5.5
  46. Nino - 8
  47. Felicia - 6.5
  48. Jakob - 1

Ratings I would change in retrospect: Gordin would be a 2.5. Dunno what I was thinking with him. Linde would also drop a point.

Edited by Glennstavos

Felicia

• Magically bulky stat line with strong Spd and Res, but poor Atk, Def, and HP.
    • Felicia’s Plate (calculates damage using foe’s lower defensive stat), with the effect refinement (special charge rate +1 against tome-wielding foes) is a powerful weapon that capitalizes on her mage-checking capabilities.
    • Good offense matchups against mages, but her low Def and HP stats harm her performance against dragons and Distant Counter melee foes. She can use Desperation to safely engage physical foes that she can 2HKO if she manages to successfully take a hit.
    • Strong defense matchups against mages, but cannot deal with physical foes.
  • She can capably run ploys to provide debuff support for her team. She provides additional debuff support through her weapon.

Overall, I give her 6.5 for combat (mage-checking niche, and quite good at it, but has difficulty with physical foes), and 1.5 for support (ploy capability, other debuff capability through her weapon), for a total rating of 7/10.

Jakob

• Balanced but mediocre stat line with low numbers all around.
    • Poor matchups on both phases, where his low offensive numbers hamper his player phase performance, and low defensive numbers hamper his enemy phase performance. He can potentially focus on debuffing his foes with a -sweep skill.
  • In addition to the standard C passive field or combat buff, he can provide debuff support through his weapon.

Overall, I give him 3 for combat (poor matchups on both phases), and 1 for support (basic field/combat buff, debuff support), for a total rating of 3/10.

~

Scoring method:

Spoiler

All my ratings.

Felicia. Originally Felicia was bad, she had a huge Res and Spd stat but terrible everywhere else. While that spread screams mage killer it didn't worked due to her lack of damage outside of her specials and also the existance of Raven tomes. Thankfully the weapon refinery gave her a wonderful Prf in Felicia's plate which makes her pathetic Atk less of an issue thanks to it's properties that allow her to target the lower of the enemies Def or Res and also accelerates her special trigger when fighting mages. Despite these boons Felicia still has a lot of trouble killing everything that's not a mage due to her pathetic Atk and due to her pathetic Hp/Def she won't survive against any kind of physical damage nor dragons breath which are more common than mages in this meta making Felicia a niche choice. Felicia excels at her niche but it isn't very useful nowadays. 

Rating: 4.5/10

Jakob. Worst unit in the game, grind him for feathers. He doesn't have anything going for him. Middling to low stats across the board, doesn't have a Prf to grant him a niche against the other dagger units. This will be short, Jakob is the worst dagger in the game due to his Jack of all trades, Master of none nature which is made even worse thanks to the ranged unit penalties he faces. Maybe if IS gives him a Prf one of these days he'll find something unique to do but right now he has nothing.

Rating: 1.5/10

Spoiler

Mobility:
Range:
See Above.
See Above.
See Above.
Ease of Use:
Performance:
Support:
Other:

Familiarity/Experience:
Rating:
Ease of Use 4/10

Notes:
3. The build used in raw/weighted performance might not be the build with the best score. If there is an alternative build with a slightly less performance but much higher independence, that build will be used instead.

Disclosures:

Other:

Spoiler

Template

Summary:

Summary:

She/He can support the team with daggers/Light Breath and Dark Breath.

— — — — — — — ●Felicia● — — — — — — —

Range: 5/10
Player Phase Raw Performance: 2.92/10 — 98:16:139
Player Phase Weighted Performance: 0/10
Player Phase Independence: 2.1/10 — 54:17:182
[+Spd, -Res, Felicia's Plate [Spd], Moonbow, Swift Sparrow, Desperation, Speed +3, 4/4/0/0]
Enemy Phase Raw Performance: 3.01/10 — 81:19:153
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance: 0/10
Enemy Phase Independence: 2.19/10 — 61:22:170
[+Spd, -Res, Felicia's Plate [special], Glacies, Fury, Quick Riposte, Close Def, 4/4/0/0]

Ease of Use: 5/10
Performance: 0.57/10
Support: 2/10
Other: 1/10

Summary:

Felicia got bad combat performance. She can run Ploys to support the team. She can support her team with daggers. She also got a niche as a mage tank/counter.

— — — — — — — ●Jakob● — — — — — — —

Range: 5/10
Player Phase Raw Performance: 4.08/10 — 105:7:145
Player Phase Weighted Performance: 0/10
Player Phase Independence: 1.43/10 — 40:7:206
[+Spd, -Def, Barb Shuriken [Spd], Moonbow, Life and Death, Desperation, Speed +3, 4/4/0/0]

Enemy Phase Raw Performance: 3.73/10 — 96:7:150
Enemy Phase Weighted Performance: 0/10
Enemy Phase Independence: 3.1/10 — 82:14:157
[+Spd, -Res, Lethal Carrot [Spd], Moonbow, Fury, Quick Riposte, Speed +3, 4/4/0/0]

Ease of Use: 5/10
Performance: 0.68/10

Summary:

Jakob got bad combat performance. He can support the team with daggers.

Edited by XRay

Felicia: She has too much of a hard time really hurting anything. Even with her new weapon, her attack is still low. But somehow she manages not to be the worst dagger unit in the game, I suppose her speed and resistance are to thank for that. 4/10

Jakob: He's as bad as Gaius, with poor stats and really nothing going for him. He can buff okay, I suppose, and at least I kinda like his design. 3/10

11 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

@The PriestWill we be going back for Fir for the next round?

Sure.

Before "personal weapons for everyone" was a thing Felicia was pretty awful. High Spd and Res which pushed her to be a mage killer but her low Atk made her unable to achieve clean kills on popular mages.
With her Plate however not only did she get faster Specials against mages (which spell death to fast ones like Nino or Linde) but she can now deal serious damage against units with loopsided defensive stats; she is pretty much a 2-range Breath user. While she is is still struggling achieving clean ORKO due to ther pathetic Atk she is pretty formidable in fights now and she always had some added utility in form of Dagger debuffs and Ploy capability (38 Res with Fury is no joke).

So 6/10 from me.

Felicia: 5.43
Jakob: 1.86

Nice, Jakob managed to score worse than Jagen.

Fir, Sword Student

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
37/41/44
22/25/29
33/36/39
21/24/28
28/31/34

Base Skills:

Nameless Blade (Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count -1).)
( - )
Glacies

Speed+
Pass
( - )

Eliwood, Knight of Lycia

Spoiler

Max. Stats:
35/39/42
28/31/34
26/30/33
20/23/26
29/32/35

Base Skills:

Durandal (If unit initiates combat, grants Atk+4 during combat.)
( - )
Sacred Cowl

( - )
Axebreaker
Ward Cavalry

Edited by The Priest