Red and Blue Bow Unit Speculation

Who do you think will be the first red and blue bow users in Heroes? Personally, I think that Alm has a very likely chance of being a red bow user. As for the blue bow user, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe Brigid or Louise.

• indigoasis changed the title to Red and Blue Bow Unit Speculation

My assumption is that they're going to make colored bows be units with magical or semi-magical bows.

Mulagir and Fujin Yumi are both associated with wind and therefore make sense as green bows.

Red would of course be fire or dark, and blue would be thunder or light, but I don't know of any bows that canonically fall into those categories (mind, I haven't really played any main-series game past Radiant Dawn).

Sakura has a personal Spellbane Bow in Warriors that could potentially be used as a blue bow based on her light-based Musou attacks, ignoring the fact that all of the bow users in that game use the same wind-based normal attack set.

If we go by Light=Blue color then I could see Shining Bow in the game being wielded by Nina or an alt of Sakura or Fates Anna. Also maybe Mila's Bow wielded by CYL2 Celica as a blue bow.

There is also the fact that there or legendary bows like Yewfelle or Reinfleche that have yet to be implemented into the game though I am not sure what color they would be or who would wield them.

If we go by Affinity for archers my thought are:

Green(Wind/Ice): Wil, Rolf, Astrid, Sin, Sue, Igrene

Red (Fire/dark): Neimi, Rath

Blue (Thunder/Water/ Light): Shinon, Leonardo, Louise

It gets a bit tricky guessing the color for bow units outside the gba and Telius games.

How about a sacred forge update for Rebecca that lets her use the Reinfletche??? (i.e. Raven getting the Basilikos)

...Then with the upgrade options for the Reinfletche+, Rebecca can become a Green Unit or Blue Unit or Red Unit depending on which upgrade is chosen. 

That would be a cool new mechanic. (and a much needed boost in viability for what is currently a rather underwhelming hero)

Edited by Shoblongoo

22 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

If we go by Affinity for archers my thought are:

Green(Wind/Ice): Wil, Rolf, Astrid, Sin, Sue, Igrene

Red (Fire/dark): Neimi, Rath

Blue (Thunder/Water/ Light): Shinon, Leonardo, Louise

It gets a bit tricky guessing the color for bow units outside the gba and Telius games.

I see no reason why they would use a character's affinity to determine their color. Raven isn't a blue axe for being ice affinity, and Lilina isn't a blue tome for being light affinity.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I see no reason why they would use a character's affinity to determine their color. Raven isn't a blue axe for being ice affinity, and Lilina isn't a blue tome for being light affinity.

Just some theory that I have. Most archers in the series don't have a color to identify with.

5 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Most archers in the series don't have a color to identify with.

Hence why they're all colorless.

Due to the fact that Bowbreaker is ineffective against colored bows, my assumption is that colored bows will be given out rather sparingly. We'll probably have at most only one or two for each color for a very long time.

They'll either keep coloured bows limited or have all new archers get colour assigned from here. 

Now that Lyn has taken the spot of first green bow unit, I wonder if they'll bother doing anything fancy with the Fuujin. Green really was the ideal colour for it. Maybe they'll throw in Kiragi with it, but again the Fuujin doesn't make sense as anything but green. So should they go the route of keeping coloured bows an exclusive club we can forget about it.

Edited by Nanima

8 minutes ago, Nanima said:

So should they go the route of keeping coloured bows an exclusive club we can forget about it.

I'm expecting Takumi to show up eventually as a green bow Legendary Hero with wind's Spd boost. Maybe a bit obnoxious that pretty much every wind Legendary Hero will be green, but whatever.

Could also work for an alt Takumi.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm expecting Takumi to show up eventually as a green bow Legendary Hero with wind's Spd boost. Maybe a bit obnoxious that pretty much every wind Legendary Hero will be green, but whatever.

Could also work for an alt Takumi.

Depends on how many LG Heroes there'll be. I doubt they'll make the very next Wind Legendary a green archer yet again. If they make 4 heroes of every element, he migh have a shot though.

Definitely better than all of his alts being colourless at least.

Parthia is known as the bow of flame so I could see one of the Archanean and Valentia characters to be a red bow user. Alm is the most likely candidate for Valentia.
For Archanea I don't expect a Jeorge alt anytime soon so maybe Norne or Wolf/Sedgar since Hardin is already in the game.
I could also see Noire using a red bow since she can use dark magic. Ballisticians could be colored but I doubt IS would add them in Heroes.

For the blue archers, I could see one of the Fates' archers using a Shining bow. Anna would make the most sense to me since we already have Spring Alfonse and Sharena.
Ichaival is associated with Odin so Brigid and Febail could be blue.

A Takumi alt would probably be green because of the Fuujin Yumi being associated with wind.

I expect most of them to be quite rare and limited to legendary or seasonal banners though except if we somehow get colored bows in FE16. 

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Depends on how many LG Heroes there'll be. I doubt they'll make the very next Wind Legendary a green archer yet again. If they make 4 heroes of every element, he migh have a shot though.

Definitely better than all of his alts being colourless at least.

I mean, I have no expectation that Takumi would appear anytime in the next few months. The next two banners are most likely going to be fire and water in whatever order, and Lyn is returning for the Legendary Hero banner at the end of July to take the green slot, which means the absolute earliest they could feasibly add Takumi in as a green bow Legendary Hero would be at the end of August.

There is also no reason to assume that they'll stop releasing Legendary Heroes after they reach x number of each element. They'll just keep trucking with duplicate combinations of element and stat boost after that.

At the rate they're releasing legendary heroes, we'd still need at least 10 months to get through all possible element and stat boost combinations right now. I wonder if the game (or interest in legendary heroes) will even last that long.

I think there's a good chance Yewfell will one of them, Possibly a Red bow since it'll probably keep its renewal effect and therefor be red so its with the Falchion. Either Febail or Brigid.

Blue is a bit more ambiguous it could be the CYL2 Celica could be since holy magic bow or something, I think an Alm Alt is a chance Luna, cos y'know the night sky is kinda blue. From there I don't really know, they could change Innes to be blue?

23 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

That the game will last well beyond 10 months is probably the easiest guess to make. 

Will interest in the game still be as strong then as it is now, though, is the question.

So I have a few ideas. Red: There's Alm of course, and this one is a bit of a longer shot but Jeorge getting a legendary alt. Yeah it's unlikely but he's the main wielder of Parthia and in echoes it has fire effects when critting.

Blue: This one is much harder,  unless FE switch protag uses a bow, the only other option I can think of is Shinon. This of course would mean a Tellius banner usually, which given we have colored bows and colorless dragons now, beast unit origin?

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hence why they're all colorless.

Due to the fact that Bowbreaker is ineffective against colored bows, my assumption is that colored bows will be given out rather sparingly. We'll probably have at most only one or two for each color for a very long time.

I'm guessing they eventually plan on releasing at least one for each color/movement type combination, since that's a new noteworthy area for them to explore, but slowly and only among rare units.

Most of them will probably be alts, whether legendary, seasonal, or otherwise, and just end up in whatever color has room for them.

I'm thinking we'll see a red bow for the June brides event, they stuck with the class's weapons last time, but this will give them some flexibility.

Outside of holiday banners, it's hard to say. Takumi will eventually get one, but otherwise archers are pretty unpopular