In Your Opinion, Which Pairs have the Best Romantic Chemistry?

36 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The only issue is the case of how Nowi is the loli body type, so despite the nice chemistry there is, there are issues still. 

I do like Donnel/Nowi, since it actually cuts into Nowi's backstory, going about her birthplace, which I almost believe is to be Jugdral.

I think loli is just something we're going to have to live with...unfortunately.  (Y'know, thanks to the lore already in place...)

Yeah but doesn't Donnel/Nowi, Ricken/Nowi have problems too?...Like it's sort of pedophilia in the other way, if you think about it...

Then again

Tiki

in anything

17 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

as an add on to this. Severa's self esteem issues are tripled with this pairing cause you know perfect father, perfect mother, and perfect younger sister like geez. It honestly makes her attitude a little more understandable also Morgan's sibling convo makes the most sense with Severa IMO.

Speaking of Severa, I really like Severa and Owain. Honestly if you want a reason as to why I absolutely adore the tsundere archetype I direct you to this support chain. I love the fact that she had his name written on her sword all this time and that she's always liked him even though she never really knew how to express it properly until now. It's just so cute.

What do you mean by Robin being the "perfect father"?

Edited by Soleater

14 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

as an add on to this. Severa's self esteem issues are tripled with this pairing cause you know perfect father, perfect mother, and perfect younger sister like geez. It honestly makes her attitude a little more understandable also Morgan's sibling convo makes the most sense with Severa IMO.

Speaking of Severa, I really like Severa and Owain. Honestly if you want a reason as to why I absolutely adore the tsundere archetype I direct you to this support chain. I love the fact that she had his name written on her sword all this time and that she's always liked him even though she never really knew how to express it properly until now. It's just so cute.

Yeah, I didn't want to bring up Severa too much into that but that's basically how I feel about it as well. I also did SeveraXOwain my first playthrough and yeah it worked very well. Honestly that's the pairing in my personal fanon of awakening.

7 minutes ago, Soleater said:

What do you mean by Robin being the "perfect father?"

Well disregarding the fact that he's a self insert. he is a master tactician and chrom's right hand not to mention the fact he's pretty well versed in combat as well and extremely intelligent.

13 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

Well disregarding the fact that he's a self insert. he is a master tactician and chrom's right hand not to mention the fact he's pretty well versed in combat as well and extremely intelligent.

Yeah but from what we've seen of them, that's about all they're good at - and even then, they aren't perfect. The Virion support is one that comes to mind, where they got thoroughly beaten in a strategy game, and then refused to drop it until they evened out the scoreboard.
Another is the Libra support, and their horrendous painting skills.
The (ironically) hard time they had pairing Cherche's wyvern with a male one (and nearly got roasted for it if memory serves me).
They can also get pretty short with people actually - Lissa in their C support, and Gaius and his insistence to pay them back are two good examples.

Ik the painting thing comes off as small, but when standing next to a character who has a major defining trait of being naturally talented (and getting mad at people for thinking her no less than, well, perfect), I don't think Robin is "perfect" per say.

15 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Yeah, I didn't want to bring up Severa too much into that but that's basically how I feel about it as well. I also did SeveraXOwain my first playthrough and yeah it worked very well. Honestly that's the pairing in my personal fanon of awakening.

Okay but I love fanon versions of Fates and Awakening casts - it's always so cool to see all the little differences between one person's let's say, Severa, and another's ^^

Edited by Soleater

1 minute ago, Soleater said:

Yeah but from what we've seen of them, that's about all they're good at - and even then, they aren't perfect. The Virion support is one that comes to mind, where they got thoroughly beaten in a strategy game, and then refused to drop it until they evened out the scoreboard.
Another is the Libra support, and their horrendous painting skills.
The (ironically) hard time they had pairing Cherche's wyvern with a male one (and nearly got roasted for it if memory serves me).
They can also get pretty short with people actually - Lissa in their C support, and Gaius and his insistence to pay them back are two good examples.

Ik the painting thing comes off as small, but when standing next to a character who has a major defining trait of being naturally talented (and getting mad at people for thinking her no less than, well, perfect), I don't think Robin is "perfect" per say.

Okay but I love fanon versions of Fates and Awakening casts - it's always so cool to see all the little differences between one person's let's say, Severa, and another's ^^

really it's just a matter of me seeing a lot of people singing robin's praises quite a bit and that would obviously be something people would expect Severa to be like considering she is the older sibling and thus would be expected to be as good if not better than both of her parents.

9 minutes ago, Otts486 said:

really it's just a matter of me seeing a lot of people singing robin's praises quite a bit and that would obviously be something people would expect Severa to be like considering she is the older sibling and thus would be expected to be as good if not better than both of her parents.

Okay fair - and Morgan being pretty gifted too cannot help with that.

Personally, I haven't tried to ship Severa much anyway, but I can see why SeveraxOwain works ^^

22 hours ago, Soleater said:

I think that Vaike/Nowi is one of Vaike's only really good romantic supports honestly - I think Nowi as a few p good other ones too, Libra, Gregor, and surprisingly Frederick too imo. ^^

Robin and Maribelle?  Really?  Why those too?

Oh and I love HenryXCherche, they're so good for each other ^^

She's a little mad with Robin (actually I think she's like that with everyone, and bit more with Robin. For another perspective, I think it's should be her nobility. ), but looks like she wants to hide some love... with that, I started my shipping. :3

I've become a bit of a multi shipper over time.

I like Male Robin with Lissa, Tharja or Olivia

I can only see Female Robin with Chrom, but I also love Chrom and Sumia, so I may never have a female Robin playthough (although I do want to do a female Corrin playthough someday)

I'm found of Lissa and Fredrick

I've shipped Ricekn and Maribelle ever since I first recruited them on my first playthough

Sully and Libra, mainly for an opposites attract element

Donnel and Nowi's supports are cute

As for the second generation, I like Morgan and Owain, Inigo and Lucina, Nah and Yarne, and Gerome and Cynthia

On 5/8/2018 at 5:49 PM, Nicholas said:

She's a little mad with Robin (actually I think she's like that with everyone, and bit more with Robin. For another perspective, I think it's should be her nobility. ), but looks like she wants to hide some love... with that, I started my shipping. :3

Oh yeah, that makes sense!

On 5/9/2018 at 12:39 PM, redtutel said:

I've become a bit of a multi shipper over time.

I like Male Robin with Lissa, Tharja or Olivia

I can only see Female Robin with Chrom, but I also love Chrom and Sumia, so I may never have a female Robin playthough (although I do want to do a female Corrin playthough someday)

I'm found of Lissa and Fredrick

I've shipped Ricekn and Maribelle ever since I first recruited them on my first playthough

Sully and Libra, mainly for an opposites attract element

Donnel and Nowi's supports are cute

As for the second generation, I like Morgan and Owain, Inigo and Lucina, Nah and Yarne, and Gerome and Cynthia

YeahbutifyougetwithoneofChrom'skidsthenMorganandOwainMMMMMMMMMMMyeahno

Inigo and Lucina is a pair of always been kind of a fan of, though it's kind of weird - from a narrative and character standpoint, I think it's more fitting if Lucina gets with no one (or becomes companions with Owain) and leaves the adults forever?  It's sad, but it's almost too fitting for me to ship her with anyone.

AndGeromeandCynthiaareamazingokay^^

16 hours ago, Soleater said:

YeahbutifyougetwithoneofChrom'skidsthenMorganandOwainMMMMMMMMMMMyeahno

In Awakening and Fates, I'm always careful to avoid 2nd generation incest (or any incest, except Corrin and Azura, where I just pretend a single line in the game doesn't exist)

5 minutes ago, redtutel said:

In Awakening and Fates, I'm always careful to avoid 2nd generation incest (or any incest, except Corrin and Azura, where I just pretend a single line in the game doesn't exist)

To be fair, Awakening tries its hardest to make the incest not there with the "Companions" title - a valiant effort, in my opinion (since there were SO many supports, it may be weird to rewrite them if some characters were cousins and all).

Fates...didn't care.  It sucks because a few artists out there made me fall in love with F!CorrinXAzura, and Azurin in general has more chemistry than more than half of the other Corrin ships in there...but because we couldn't go five seconds without making Corrin the prince(ss) of a kingdom/giving Azura a mysterious~ backstory, we got Incest Emblem: Cousin Edition.  Spiritual Successor to Genealogy of the Holy War.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 8:55 AM, KnightOfNohr said:

I've always really liked Henry and Tharja together.

Mmm, they were my OG pair, before getting Henry with Cherche, and Tharja with Ricken (fight me, I barely had anyone left to get her with), but like, as fun as the relationship is, I'm wondering if it's really healthy for either of them??

Because like, they both have issues, and is it a good idea to compound those issues together by hooking up?  Like

You get Tharja's anti-social behavior and her semi-sadistic habits mixed with an enabler who is V E R Y sadistic

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one on SF that actually enjoyed the Tiki X M!Robin Pairing? It just seems so natural somehow for those two to get together. Tiki calling Robin "Mar-Mar" was actually pretty sweet in a depressing kind of way when you consider her backstory and how hard she grieved when Marth passed away. And Robin's enjoying being called by Marth's old nickname really accentuates the fact that He has no memories of his own past and is clinging to Tiki's memories to compensate.

51 minutes ago, GamerX51 said:

Am I the only one on SF that actually enjoyed the Tiki X M!Robin Pairing? It just seems so natural somehow for those two to get together. Tiki calling Robin "Mar-Mar" was actually pretty sweet in a depressing kind of way when you consider her backstory and how hard she grieved when Marth passed away. And Robin's enjoying being called by Marth's old nickname really accentuates the fact that He has no memories of his own past and is clinging to Tiki's memories to compensate.

2nd favorite Male Robin pairing, beaten only by Lucina, and even then, it's damn close.

On 6/4/2018 at 12:35 PM, GamerX51 said:

I'm giving this a look, because I kind of like Tiki's older self where I wasn't the hugest fan of young Tiki. There are a few things about what she said regarding how she thought of Marth that made me pause; namely, she says in her A support with Nah:

Nah: Did you love him? King Marth, I mean?

Tiki: He was human. I was manakete. The gulf between us was too great.

She doesn't mention Caeda, the woman Marth married. This is denial; she never got over him, and her reasoning here is BS. Nah's very existence invalidates it, and it's actually a wonder that the surprisingly mature Nah doesn't call her out here, though that might be because of respect. 

Her attaching to Robin is actually quite interesting, and makes for some neat storytelling. It's not quite Aragorn/Arwen, but there is an interesting implication regarding long-lived people falling in love with short-lived peoples. 

My personal M!Robin favorite pairing, however, is with Lucina. This is largely because of the story implications, and the confrontation scene. 

As for the rest of the children, Fates has spoiled me of any pairings involving Inigo, Severa, and Owain. I have a hard time pairing Severa/Selena with anyone other than Tsubaki because it's the only way her inferiority complex gets resolved, Inigo/Laslow with anyone other than Peri because he's the only one who manages to make a good person of her. For Owain/Odin I don't have a pairing I particularly like, beyond simply Ophelia existing. 

9 hours ago, SerCaladran said:

Inigo/Laslow with anyone other than Peri because he's the only one who manages to make a good person of her.

I personally go for Azura, since Azura is the only one that ever makes Inigo follow his true passion, being dancing. 

9 hours ago, SerCaladran said:

For Owain/Odin I don't have a pairing I particularly like, beyond simply Ophelia existing. 

I go for Elise, since she's the only one that unconditionally accepts Odin's manner of speaking and even tries to learn it herself. 

Hmmm. Definitely RobinxLucina. It's so adorable and because M!Robin can't have Chrom (even though I think it's personally my absolute favorite), I think Lucina works really well in-story. And I love to think of the awkwardness of Chrom when he realizes his best friend is in love with his daughter. Also, because Robin doesn't have his memories and Lucina is out of place, I feel like they match pretty well both being new to the world and stuff. And I'm a sucker for Lucina realizing she fell in love with the person who betrays them all and that she has the strength to want to strike him down to save the world.

I'd want anybody I was with to have that sort of strength. I like it.

Otherwise, I really, really, really like Owain x F!Morgan and even Inigo x F!Morgan. SADLY, because my dear daughter is the child of Lucina, it doesn't work because incest, but if I ever did a play through where Robin didn't get with Lucina I would do one of those. 

I also particularly enjoy BradyxNoire. Something really sweet about them always in the healing bay together since being children. 

One other notable one is also CordeliaxGregor (I love that she takes the initiative with him). And I think that's it on things I really like. 

• 2 months later...

I'm an unashamed Virion fanboy, as a character and unit (though mostly character). His supports almost invariably add value to both involved characters, and he's just so interesting. With that in mind, I think the Virion/Cherche support is fantastic -- it shows that Virion isn't just some flippant philanderer, and that he truly cares and struggles with some heavy shit. The chemistry between them is extremely believable, and the S support does not feel like a 5 second marriage.

Aside from that big one, I'm a big fan of the Virion/Panne support. It's simple, but heartfelt and natural. 

I’ve always loved:

Henry/Olivia-not because of their supports tbh, but Inigo just works as Henry’s son to me. It really helps explain his extroversion vs introversion. And his relationship with Peri in Fates. And he tells Soleil that he laughs like a madman whenever he’s getting his butt kicked in battle so...*shrugs*

Chrom/Sumia-mainly because of the “hints” during the main storyline. Plus Lucina and Cynthia just click as siblings.

Inigo/Cynthia-I am a huge sucker for childhood romances. Plus their supports are the only ones where Inigo isn’t treated like a nuisance. In my fanon universe, Cynthia  is Soleil’s mother. I have a long and somewhat complicated explanation on how that could be but I’m too lazy to write it and others may call B.S.

Owain/Severa-their supports are both cute and funny, in Awakening as well as Fates.

I love Frederick and Panne to the depths of the earth, they're such fxxking GOALS

Same for Lucina and Yarne, IDK why I love the Taguel pairing so much, I JUST DO, Lucina and Yarne are fxxking precious together, I never get tired of them.

Olivia X Henry, Gerome X Cynthia, as well as Morgan X Nah are also ones that I find really work~ 

And Robin X Lon'qu, the early Support Convos aren't the best but I will go down with the S-Support until the end of time~

I also always loved Inigo and Severa. Romantically I know it isn't the strongest but the fact that they end up in Fates in the same place just speaks to me on an emotional level.

Honestly I like too many ships in Awakening and I need to stop rambling.

Edited by Landmaster