Which supports from Awakening are your favourites and why?

I didn't see this topic floating about anywhere (nor do I remember seeing it) and was just having a look through my support log to see if I could find something and came to the realization that a discussion about favourite supports seems absent. (I only checked the first 5 pages admittedly so if there is in fact an identical topic floating around then please go ahead and merge them.)

In any case, as the title states I want to know everyone's favourite support conversations and why you like them. No limits on answers but I do want at least one that's made you laugh and one that speaks to you on a personal level. Maybe just for kicks throw in your personal favourite line from any support you enjoy.

This is just for fun so cut loose and have a little fun, people! (^o^)/

I find Morgan!M and Lucina to be a rather bittersweet one. Like their respective parents they're essentially two sides to the same coin. Lucina's woes are pretty heavily touched upon with the strain she feels from the very burden she carries. However Morgan's own problems just seem to merely grant him a peace that Lucina truly yearns for. I really appreciate how this little dynamic works with Morgan unintentionally upsettting Lucina and making matters worse for her. He comes along later and tries his best to make her feel better which ultimately ends up working.

I really enjoy Morgan!F and Owain if only for the fact that she very openly takes complete advantage of him and he's just completely oblivious to it.

In a similar fashion I enjoy Morgan!F and Inigo. Though you get to see her tormenting a floundering Inigo she also displays a very caring personality in her dedication to keeping an eye on his future dates to make sure no one robs him blind again.

I think my personal favourite line in any support is from a conversation between Avatar!F and Basilio when Basilio is asked what she's supposed to do with the flowers he gave her and he hasn't a clue so suggests eating them.

I guess mine would be a tie between Virion & Cherche and Virion & Fredrick.

Virion is a character I did not like before finishing a fair share of his support logs. He was gross is his interactions with other characters and most of his C rank supports boiled down to characters bing put off by his sarcasm and unwanted flirting. Eventually though, the Shepards come to realize the he is good person with a bit of a tragic past. By the time I finished his A rank supports Virion had gone from being one of my least liked characters to one of my favorites. 

Best quote though goes to Avatar(F) & Gangrel. For their S rank support he wants to celebrate by, "slaughtering all the livestock they can find!"

Other then her avatar and child supports I really like Tharja's supports especially with Libra and Nowi.  Her supports made me go from I like using this unit but their personality is bad, to really liking her and making me want to defend her as a character.  I also really like Donnel's supports with most of the other characters, they show that he is actually pretty smart and wants to learn new things and expand his world view.

Chrom x Frederick, specifically their C Support.

This was the first Support conversation of any kind I ever laid eyes on and I fondly remember having an enormous fit of laughter over the poster of Chrom.  The image of Chrom posing with a sword and scales with nothing covering his nether regions but a big ribbon of text saying "Chrom Wants You!" still cracks me up to this day.

(I know this isn't fully consistent with how it's described in-game, but still.)

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

My favorites that I can remember now are:

Stahl x Cordelia because she gets over Chrom and there are small details in the Japanese version even better than English like their last line.

Frederick x Panne because we get some background.

Cherche x Gregor because Minerva.

Maribelle x Kellan I don't ship them but we get some background for him

Lucina x Brady because we can see another side of her character and was funny to see her dominating Brady, also  their VA being actually married.

Cynthia x Gerome was super cute and she helping him to fly and all and he looks like a super hero.

7 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Chrom x Frederick, specifically their C Support.

This was the first Support conversation of any kind I ever laid eyes on and I fondly remember having an enormous fit of laughter over the poster of Chrom.  The image of Chrom posing with a sword and scales with nothing covering his nether regions but a big ribbon of text saying "Chrom Wants You!" still cracks me up to this day.

You might enjoy this: https://youtu.be/GWisFh-SK-w?t=2m1s

17 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I also really like Donnel's supports with most of the other characters, they show that he is actually pretty smart and wants to learn new things and expand his world view.

I know that you just praised his intelligence and I do agree (especially with how quickly he got through the book that Maribelle loaned him) but watching him singing at the start of one of his supports with Cordelia just makes me think he's going around stating the obvious which is pretty fun in itself.

1 hour ago, Noisy said:

I guess mine would be a tie between Virion & Cherche and Virion & Fredrick.

Virion is a character I did not like before finishing a fair share of his support logs. He was gross is his interactions with other characters and most of his C rank supports boiled down to characters bing put off by his sarcasm and unwanted flirting. Eventually though, the Shepards come to realize the he is good person with a bit of a tragic past. By the time I finished his A rank supports Virion had gone from being one of my least liked characters to one of my favorites. 

Best quote though goes to Avatar(F) & Gangrel. For their S rank support he wants to celebrate by, "slaughtering all the livestock they can find!"

On my original playthrough, I never actually managed to use Virion so his supports went up due to the Barracks for me. Looking at his supports, with the Avatar he shows that he has a very keen perception on why certain people are in certain roles and at the very least I appreciate that one detail about him if nothing more.

Props to Gangrel on that. You can't have a wedding banquet without the food.

18 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

My favorites that I can remember now are:

Stahl x Cordelia because she gets over Chrom and there are small details in the Japanese version even better than English like their last line.

Frederick x Panne because we get some background.

Cherche x Gregor because Minerva.

Maribelle x Kellan I don't ship them but we get some background for him

Lucina x Brady because we can see another side of her character and was funny to see her dominating Brady, also  their VA being actually married.

Cynthia x Gerome was super cute and she helping him to fly and all and he looks like a super hero.

I think out of all of these, I've only seen the last two and maybe Cherche and Gregor. Getting most of these'll be something to do when I get up later on. Thanks. =)

Lucina x M Morgan(siblings): The support just fits them like a glove. Out of all the characters the spaz that is Morgan seems most likely to freak out over a bug, scream at Lucina to ''Kill it with fire magic!'' despite him being the mage of the two and Morgan taking Falchion to cut apples seems most typical of him.

M Morgan x Owain: Just two goofy characters roleplaying together but Owain gets to show his insecurities and Morgan his nice guy attitude.

Tharja x Gregor: It feels like a cute callback to the old support style where some secrets were deeply buried in one set of supports. Gregor's past is one of such secrets. 

Frederick x Cordelia: ''Do you even recall our conversation? ...If, indeed, it can be called that? You spent two hours describing in vivid detail your unrequited passion for Chrom. You also sobbed repeatedly and kept asking me "Why, Frederick?! Why?!" Then you devoured all the sandwiches and ran off with the picnic hamper''. 

Gangrel x Emyrin: Technically not a support but it does a lot to give Gangrel his place in the team and dispelled me of the belief that he was a non canon addition who's presence only detracted from the overall story. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I'm a huge sucker for Gaius and Maribelle's support. I love characters having an unknown connection like that, and it feels almost rewarding to find it out.

I've also got a special fondness for Noire and Brady's, and Cynthia's A support with Chrom is great.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Gangrel x Emyrin: Technically not a support but it does a lot to give Gangrel his place in the team and dispelled me of the belief that he was a non canon addition who's presence only detracted from the overall story. 

Is that referring to the Barracks conversation they can have or the Hot Spring DLC conversation?

57 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm a huge sucker for Gaius and Maribelle's support. I love characters having an unknown connection like that, and it feels almost rewarding to find it out.

Oh yeah, I can totally get that. Especially since Awakening didn't seem to do it much. I seem to notice that of characters that aren't introduced together or as part of the same group, it feels like just Gaius and Maribelle that had a support like that. Kinda makes this example extra special in that regard.

Inigo and father support(particularly with either chrom or henry as his father): Inigo is my second favorite character in this game for a reason and this support is that reason. The fact that we learn he acts all positive and carefree in spite of what he's been through just so others can have some semblance of hope to look to in their hour of despair is just heartwarming to me. It also makes me view inigo as the second in charge of the future kids. This supports shows how much of a leader he can be and how much of a burden he's willing to bear. Like I like to think that if anything happened to Lucina in the future, he would be the first to take up arms and lead everyone.

Severa x Owain: Pretty much the tsundere archetype at it's absolute finest and oh god that S-support is just so sweet. pretty much the entire reason I ship them.

Lucina x Inigo: This support works really well especially if you've read inigo's father support before hand. It's just really sweet to see the two 'leaders' bonding over the idea of morale and such.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite supports is a rather mundane one: M!Robin and Lucina's A support. It's a beautiful support, and even more romantic than their S support (Lucina ruins it with her wooden dialogue). It also has a tremendous amount of story relevance. 

ANY conversation where Severa shows us the dere instead of her otherwise ever-present tsun. I enjoy seeing Inigo outmaneuver her in their S-support. 

Cherche x Lon'qu: The historical elements/heart warming setup to this pair are by far among my favorite.
Olivia x Chrom: They actually warm up to each other, and I would say Chrom had to actually WORK to get Olivia to warm up to him.
Lissa x Donnel: A surprise and warm-felt combo in my book, their personalities match well.
Nowi x Ricken: They have a VERY similar level of youth to them, fun combo.
Cordellia x Stahl: Both are hard workers, and out of the lot she is also the one that doesn't involve food in some way for Stahl.

Stahl x Cordelia, Lon'qu x Cherche, Gaius x Maribelle, and pretty much anything with Frederick. :P

Though most notable Frederick ones for me are female Robin (Hey there, Freddy Bear! <3), Chrom (those posters, oh my god lol), Panne (background stuff and Frederick getting some development!), and Henry (Freddy's really a big softie that will give you a hug and cry happy tears for you if he wants!). :D

Edited by Anacybele

brady/noire was rly cute iirc 

and i think i liked libra/cordelia

but i'll be honest i haven't booted up awakening in like. foreverrrr so there might be more i'm forgetting