Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

Wow this is a really awesome and entertaining playthrough.  Chapter 10 is always a b*tch and you handled it like a champ.  Haitaka is one of my favorite characters and I so wish he could form supports with your team.

There's a really cool thread on the Fates section that lists a whole bunch of units you can capture.  Chapter 11 has two really good ones: a Samurai w/ Lunge and Armored Blow (center room), and a Ninja w/ Seal Speed (Rinka's room).  I remember running into them on my first Conquest Lunatic playthrough but never captured them.  They seem like some handy units.  Plus the character portraits are very well done.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, CA Valkyrie said:

Wow this is a really awesome and entertaining playthrough.  Chapter 10 is always a b*tch and you handled it like a champ.  Haitaka is one of my favorite characters and I so wish he could form supports with your team.

There's a really cool thread on the Fates section that lists a whole bunch of units you can capture.  Chapter 11 has two really good ones: a Samurai w/ Lunge and Armored Blow (center room), and a Ninja w/ Seal Speed (Rinka's room).  I remember running into them on my first Conquest Lunatic playthrough but never captured them.  They seem like some handy units.  Plus the character portraits are very well done.

Thanks, that means a lot to me!

It's funny, but looking at Haitaka, he has better stats than a bunch of units in my army.

I might try to capture one of them, assuming it doesn't put good ol' Niles in danger.  I think I have the jail that only has one cell right now, though, so not sure if I could get both.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I might try to capture one of them, assuming it doesn't put good ol' Niles in danger.  I think I have the jail that only has one cell right now, though, so not sure if I could get both.

I’m pretty sure Lv 1 Prison holds 2 units.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's funny, but looking at Haitaka, he has better stats than a bunch of units in my army.

And joins with a solid weapon rank to boot.

Just now, LordFrigid said:

I’m pretty sure Lv 1 Prison holds 2 units.

And joins with a solid weapon rank to boot.

Ah, that's good.

Yep, I was able to put a Killer Lance and other good ones my other units couldn't even equip yet.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Jakob must be mad that I'm not going to marry him this time.

She's in Heroes, so the curse shouldn't get her.

If she dies I'll... I'll... nimble your fingers!

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

How does one nimble a finger?

Oh wait that's not a good verb.

Woops

7 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

OH IT'S NIBBLE

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ok Rezzy so I'll nibble your fingers if Felicia dies.

(I hope it's the correct word this time...)

4 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Oh ur gonna capture rallyman when you find him right?

Will try, but we'll see how lucky I am.  With Ironman, it can be a bit tougher.

4 hours ago, Nym said:

If she dies I'll... I'll... nimble your fingers!

4 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

4 hours ago, Nym said:

Oh wait that's not a good verb.

Woops

4 hours ago, Nym said:

OH IT'S NIBBLE

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ok Rezzy so I'll nibble your fingers if Felicia dies.

(I hope it's the correct word this time...)

I actually read it as nibble the first time, though i am a bit tired.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Will try, but we'll see how lucky I am.  With Ironman, it can be a bit tougher.

I actually read it as nibble the first time, though i am a bit tired.

Oh well, at least you get the point (don't be pressure by it though)

18 hours ago, Rezzy said:

As @LordFrigid pointed out, a level 1 prison can hold 2 units.  So you can capture both the Ninja and Samurai assuming you don't have anyone else in the prison currently.

The Ninja isn't as tough to capture but the Samurai in the center room is a bit more difficult, especially if he lunges you off your position and puts you into the range of the LoD Samurai and the Malefic Aura Diviner.

On my first Lunatic game I played this map super conservatively by having my whole team go room by room.  If your Effie is strong enough she can potentially one man the left site (or at least the archer room) with a Javelin and Arthur backpack.   It worked out okay on Hard Mode but not sure how it fares on Lunatic. She might need additional help.  I actually found Azama's room the most difficult, but Niles handles the diviners quite well thanks to his high res (even with the WT disadvantage and hexing rod debuff).  It's just that archer he needs to worry about.

I think you got this! :) Curious to see what you do. 

23 minutes ago, CA Valkyrie said:

If your Effie is strong enough she can potentially one man the left site (or at least the archer room) with a Javelin and Arthur backpack.

Another option for the Archer room is Nosferatu Odin. He doesn’t have much trouble hitting bows, and if he’s not too strong he’ll leave them just alive enough for other units to get free kill xp. I think there’s a spot where every enemy except maybe one will be able to reach him...

16 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Another option for the Archer room is Nosferatu Odin. He doesn’t have much trouble hitting bows, and if he’s not too strong he’ll leave them just alive enough for other units to get free kill xp. I think there’s a spot where every enemy except maybe one will be able to reach him...

I've always been RNG screwed in the past with him so he's always been relegated to pairup fodder, which he does do a good job at.  Both his class options give good bonuses depending on what you need. 

But yeah, I think it's about high time I try out NosTank Odin and see what all the fuss is about.  I have heard some good things about him.  I think Nosferatu works better on the enemy's turn and pairs well with Vantage which Odin has access to.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:30 AM, Rezzy said:

Such loyalty is admirable.  Since we do not have the gems, we send Odin in to convince him to join our cause.

PvjUO43.jpg?1

Seems a bit funny that Haitaka and Odin just it it off and with that Haitaka was convinced to join.

He must also have aching blood.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:30 AM, Rezzy said:

cGPDjT7.jpg?1

Odin has good stats. That's a good sign.

With that, Conquest's fun ride is almost upon us (not to be confused with the unfun ride of 16-21). 

Of course, I also miss there's two new pages and there's chapter 10. I missed the ride. :P

RIP Nyx (Another unit who I wish was better), good job Haitaka.

Edited by Dayni

7 hours ago, CA Valkyrie said:

As @LordFrigid pointed out, a level 1 prison can hold 2 units.  So you can capture both the Ninja and Samurai assuming you don't have anyone else in the prison currently.

The Ninja isn't as tough to capture but the Samurai in the center room is a bit more difficult, especially if he lunges you off your position and puts you into the range of the LoD Samurai and the Malefic Aura Diviner.

On my first Lunatic game I played this map super conservatively by having my whole team go room by room.  If your Effie is strong enough she can potentially one man the left site (or at least the archer room) with a Javelin and Arthur backpack.   It worked out okay on Hard Mode but not sure how it fares on Lunatic. She might need additional help.  I actually found Azama's room the most difficult, but Niles handles the diviners quite well thanks to his high res (even with the WT disadvantage and hexing rod debuff).  It's just that archer he needs to worry about.

I think you got this! :) Curious to see what you do. 

7 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

6 hours ago, CA Valkyrie said:

I've always been RNG screwed in the past with him so he's always been relegated to pairup fodder, which he does do a good job at.  Both his class options give good bonuses depending on what you need. 

But yeah, I think it's about high time I try out NosTank Odin and see what all the fuss is about.  I have heard some good things about him.  I think Nosferatu works better on the enemy's turn and pairs well with Vantage which Odin has access to.

Yep, I'll probably turtle this chapter room by room.  I'll see how Odin matches up against the mobs, but I'll try not to get too overconfident with him.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Seems a bit funny that Haitaka and Odin just it it off and with that Haitaka was convinced to join.

He must also have aching blood.

Odin has good stats. That's a good sign.

With that, Conquest's fun ride is almost upon us (not to be confused with the unfun ride of 16-21). 

Of course, I also miss there's two new pages and there's chapter 10. I missed the ride. :P

RIP Nyx (Another unit who I wish was better), good job Haitaka.

Yeah, a pity about Nyx.  Two out of the three lost units so far I've used Seals on.  I was hoping to keep Nyx around as a second mage, but Odin will have to continue being awesome by himself.

I see that Odin and Laslow are tied once more.  I also find it hilariously apt that @SullyMcGully voted Laslow.  To add a little bonus to the poll, whoever wins my Groom Poll, I will 5* and build up in Heroes (assuming someone in Heroes wins the poll).

After the thrill of Chapter 10, we have a bit of housekeeping to do before Chapter 11.

Beruka gets a Forged Axe, and Odin gets the Moonlight forged to take advantage of his personal skill.

iYRh1PY.jpgXasG43L.jpg

If you want to know why I named the Axe "Honest Abe", it's because I imagine if Fire Emblem ever gets an Abraham Lincoln Amiibo unit, he'd wield an Axe.

Since Niles is starting to have accuracy issues, and we want to be able to capture.  He gets himself a Secret Book.  Who would have thought being an Archer with no depth perception would be an issue.

3GAtXZh.jpg

We have come to the point where we will get our first purchased skills in this playthrough.  I thought about what to give Rezzy and decided on Trample.  It is great insomuch as it is basically +5 damage to everyone in Conquest, since mounted units are pretty rare, apart from Pegasus Knights.  For Azura, it's an easy decision.  She gets +1 Movement, which brings her up to 7 along with the Boots.

I also have made the executive decision NOT to use the skills Replicate or Warp.  I find them borderline broken, even more so than Galeforce in Awakening.

JFJHcRq.jpgsJK4max.jpg

It goes to show how useful I find the Dragon Stones in this game that I haven't even maxed the weapon rank on it in my Mega Playthrough unit.

Elise gets a transfer from the Prison to the Kitchen, but it seems she does not have much experience cooking.

2RQqB0Q.jpg

After going on Hat Delivery Service a few times, I had a Bond Unit wander into my camp, but sadly per the rules, he had to be sent from whence he came.

056kctv.jpg?1

42 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Odin gets the Moonlight forged to take advantage of his personal skill.

I laughed much harder than I should have at that name.

Edited by LordFrigid

46 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I laughed much harder than I should have at that name.

I aim to please.

17 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

Laslow is just copycat Inigo, but some cats can never be copied too much!

Can one copycat oneself?

We get another visit from a spirit who refuses to pass on into the afterlife.

lRqTbfe.jpg

Yeah, it's like you're no longer among the living.  There's an icy chill when you're around.

Rezzi and Azura discuss the war effort.

EbqReIG.jpg

Yeah, if only we had captured the second in line for the throne and used him as a bargaining chip to end the war.

d2wEe36.jpg

Azura smugly realizes she can manipulate Rezzi's naivete to her own ends.  By pulling the strings, she can get revenge on all those who wronged her and ruin both kingdoms.

Generic NPC #492 fills us in on Hoshido's latest act of aggression.

jaucfYz.jpgwXBDXv3.jpg

Language, Rezzi!

Next, we get filled in that the road to the Rainbow Sage is filled with peril.

WunlLUa.jpg

Aparently, Rezzi is from Kansas, and a slight incline in terrain is completely foreign to her.  I wouldn't even need a parking brake if I stopped my car here.

WDCQMsC.jpg

I get the feeling there was supposed to be another Map Chapter here, and it got cut, but they didn't change the dialogue.  A filler Faceless Chapter, Vallite Soldiers, or even the Rainbow Spirit Army would have made sense here, but instead, it's just a 15 degree angle leading up to the castle.  The people in Notre Sagesse really need to get more exercise.

Hinoka is surprised for some reason.  If scaling this mountain is so hard, how did all you guys get here?

Z8qt4oL.jpg

One last thing before the battle is to buff Odin up a bit.  If he's going to Nosfutank, I'd like him to be a bit bulkier.

hNhocjB.jpgt9tiGPA.jpgwpRcT0p.jpg

We also once again have more units than deployment slots, if we include Haitaka.  He's actually better than a lot of my units, but he cannot support with anybody, so he'll take the bench for now.  If we need him later, he should still be able to fill in.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Aparently, Rezzi is from Kansas, and a slight incline in terrain is completely foreign to her.  I wouldn't even need a parking brake if I stopped my car here.

WDCQMsC.jpg

I get the feeling there was supposed to be another Map Chapter here, and it got cut, but they didn't change the dialogue.  A filler Faceless Chapter, Vallite Soldiers, or even the Rainbow Spirit Army would have made sense here, but instead, it's just a 15 degree angle leading up to the castle.  The people in Notre Sagesse really need to get more exercise.

Hinoka is surprised for some reason.  If scaling this mountain is so hard, how did all you guys get here?

This part has always been amusing to me. Perhaps Rezzi is Dutch? 

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

XasG43L.jpg

If you want to know why I named the Axe "Honest Abe", it's because I imagine if Fire Emblem ever gets an Abraham Lincoln Amiibo unit, he'd wield an Axe.

He's also got RTomebreaker (How would that even fit? RTomBrakrFddr?).

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Ah yes, Notre Sagesse. The dangerous... intimidating.... taxing..... *snore

11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Elise gets a transfer from the Prison to the Kitchen, but it seems she does not have much experience cooking.

2RQqB0Q.jpg

Please, if someone as adorable as Elise cooks for you, you'll be motivated regardless of what you actually get to eat. What's this food poisoning you're talking about?

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, if only we had captured the second in line for the throne and used him as a bargaining chip to end the war.

Isn't Hinoka second in line though?

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

d2wEe36.jpg

Azura smugly realizes she can manipulate Rezzi's naivete to her own ends.  By pulling the strings, she can get revenge on all those who wronged her and ruin both kingdoms.

Azura is the real final villain of Fates confirmed!

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Insert bad joke about woman and driving here

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Pegasi.

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

One last thing before the battle is to buff Odin up a bit.  If he's going to Nosfutank, I'd like him to be a bit bulkier.

hNhocjB.jpgt9tiGPA.jpgwpRcT0p.jpg

We also once again have more units than deployment slots, if we include Haitaka.  He's actually better than a lot of my units, but he cannot support with anybody, so he'll take the bench for now.  If we need him later, he should still be able to fill in.

Odin is going to become either the greatest hero of your playthrough, or the saddest death if this keeps up. Looking forward to chapter 11.

5 hours ago, Natalie said:

I mean, if her hair color is any indication

6 hours ago, Natalie said:

Rezzi Dutch girl confirmed

5 hours ago, Michelaar said:

That mountain doesn't even seem that steep.

Even calling it a mountain might be a bit generous.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

He's also got RTomebreaker (How would that even fit? RTomBrakrFddr?).

Ah yes, Notre Sagesse. The dangerous... intimidating.... taxing..... *snore

Odin is a very giving man.  He's got one of the best skill sets of the intro units, but sadly cannot capitalize on it very well.

46 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Please, if someone as adorable as Elise cooks for you, you'll be motivated regardless of what you actually get to eat. What's this food poisoning you're talking about?

Isn't Hinoka second in line though?

Azura is the real final villain of Fates confirmed!

Insert bad joke about woman and driving here

Pegasi.

Odin is going to become either the greatest hero of your playthrough, or the saddest death if this keeps up. Looking forward to chapter 11.

I mean, if her hair color is any indication

Elise seems to pop up everywhere in my shops.  I guess she wants to be helpful.

I'm not totally sure if the primogeniture of Hoshido prioritizes males over females, but Hinoka does say that she never expected to be queen and that she thought Ryoma or even Takumi would have gotten the throne before her.

Perhaps

Pegasi might have been able to make it, but it would take a while to transport their whole army, and there's also the point that we also have flying mounts, so they still shouldn't be surprised.

Or both, a heroic death would be the way he'd want to go out.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Even calling it a mountain might be a bit generous.

To us dutch people, everything that's not perfectly flat is a mountain Rezzy.

I'm not totally sure if the primogeniture of Hoshido prioritizes males over females, but Hinoka does say that she never expected to be queen and that she thought Ryoma or even Takumi would have gotten the throne before her.

I'm pretty sure Camilla is second in line in Nohr at the very least.

I think Hinoka said something about how she had planned to abdicate the throne to Takumi if that moment ever came. It's been a while since I last played Fates though.

Spoiler

We'll find out if you finish your playthrough anyway.

Pegasi might have been able to make it, but it would take a while to transport their whole army, and there's also the point that we also have flying mounts, so they still shouldn't be surprised.

I mean, I think Hinoka commands a whole army of them so that shouldn't be a problem.

Wait, you're implying Hinoka isn't the strategical mastermind I thought her to be?

Or both, a heroic death would be the way he'd want to go out.

Please try to keep him alive...

Now that we found a different cute Dutch girl, can we stop calling me one?