Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we enter Chapter 11, we are placed at the foot of the Rainbow Sage's tower.  If only we had captured a certain prince and used him to exchange for the Sage.  Camilla will be buddying up with Odin, because she grants bonuses if most of Odin's key stats, and thinking down the line, if Odin does not win the groom poll, Camilla would be a good mom for Ophelia.  Although to be fair, Camilla is a good mom for anybody with her stat spread.

jzqivDf.jpg

We decide to go tackle Rinkah's room to the northeast.  We let Odin step just into range to pull the room and tank with Nosferatu.

Ex7ccSG.jpg

Clearing out the room isn't too difficult and Niles even captures himself a new playmate that can throw Shurikens.

yFJOMUn.jpgHgIKIeB.jpg

Selena goes in for the kill against Rinkah.

wSqT7la.jpgFSH8gNK.jpg

Apparently Rinkah didn't get the memo that this wasn't a Casual run.

Azama's room can be a big PITA with his Hex staff, which essentially takes my units out of combat viability.  We're going to save his room for last and circle around.  Circling over to Setsuna's western room also gives time for the debuffs on our units to wear off and let's Azura dance for more XP.

04QreyT.jpg

Second verse, same as the first, Odmilla ventures into the room to bait the units forth.

emcnRpf.jpgD6rVzf2.jpg

Jakob picks up some more healing and chip XP for an underwhelming level-up.

7ciXjg3.jpg

Odin takes out Setsuna with nonlethal Onion damage, granting him an impressive level-up.

lJbhNrg.jpgSK7JR1b.jpg

Looks like all that hard work for Odin is paying off.  His relatively low speed isn't a total loss, as Nosferatu can't double anyway, so he just has to avoid getting doubled.

12 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

To us dutch people, everything that's not perfectly flat is a mountain Rezzy.

I'm pretty sure Camilla is second in line in Nohr at the very least.

I think Hinoka said something about how she had planned to abdicate the throne to Takumi if that moment ever came. It's been a while since I last played Fates though.

Reveal hidden contents

We'll find out if you finish your playthrough anyway.

I mean, I think Hinoka commands a whole army of them so that shouldn't be a problem.

Wait, you're implying Hinoka isn't the strategical mastermind I thought her to be?

Please try to keep him alive...

Now that we found a different cute Dutch girl, can we stop calling me one?

I see

Leo would make a better monarch than Camilla, so it's for the best.

We shall see

She did pass up the opportunity of firing arrows onto the Nohrians as they scaled the hill to their fortified position.  Or they had no scouts watching for them.  Either way, it doesn't make her look that good.

I shall endeavor to make him good.

Maybe

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Can confirm

I'll have to visit again one day.  It's been 14 years since I was there.

The next room has a single blubber guy in the southern half of the room for some reason whose attack range doesn't overlap with the bulk of the rest of the ninjas, so Selena wants to get in on the fun and bait the Oni.  Beruka pairs up to watch her back.  Perhaps the Oni isn't let into the ninja club, so he has to stand apart from everybody.

PKn7KUP.jpg

Selena senses that she's a bench candidate, so she gets a fantastic level-up in the hopes that I keep using her.

KD4Xrtr.jpg

Odin and Arthur engage Kaze, and he is so marveled at the twins of justice and glory that he mulls over joining us.  Arthur gets a level-up in his key stats for his troubles.

qgCwlBS.jpgWGSCdsG.jpg4b1Wb3a.jpg

Rezzi helps mop up the rest of the room and levels as well.

kzrBlCj.jpg

Niles snags a Spirit Dust from the chest and we think of candidates for it.

Nyx is dead.  Elise's magic is high enough that she doesn't need it.  Jakob could, but he's one of the Str/Mag split classes that uses Strength for combat.  Rezzi could use it, but I decide to continue Odin's blatant favoritism.

kixOHzX.jpg

The group then takes a 5 minute smoke/coffee/soda break to regroup and let their debuffs wear off.  The Hoshidans are so nice to wait for us.  Azura dancing for XP in the mean time.

6Ce6HEG.jpg

The next room looks scary, especially with that Life and Death guy, so we let Elise and Jakob play Red Light with a couple of the enemies before we send anybody in.

87Oavok.jpg0uCR1aq.jpg

Odin takes a beating, and decides to stop connecting his attacks.  I'm glad he didn't have to face all those guys in one round.

Iyt2Kyt.jpg

Having engaged the enemy, we send in backup, which results in a few level ups.

rloqY5r.jpg980oIs0.jpgoqUSZYl.jpg

Jakob's been getting a lot of XP this chapter.  Odin's level isn't great, but it's got Speed, so yay?  Beruka strangely gets Magic for the second time.  I kinda wish she would start getting Strength instead.  Maybe she wants to Bolt Axe.

Niles decides to capture a Samurai, because why not?

kzANGoN.jpgrX4J5FH.jpg

Niles is really into bondage, so this causes him to level-up.

rBDWaap.jpg

Next we shall tackle the annoying Azama room.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

I didn't know you've been to the Netherlands, cool!

Also, Odin is coming along well I see.

Yep!

This is the best he's been for me in Fates.

Azama'z Hex staff really neuters our units, and running into his room is asking for trouble, but there's a few tiles we can plant units in to make him waste his charges.

Lk9TyqG.jpg?1SGjPCg6.jpg?1

Jakob gets hit with Hex, but Elise dodges it twice, expanding all the charges.

Odin again leads the fray into the room and Miracle activates, because of course it does.

U4rFAkw.jpg

We sing the refrain and send in the troops, giving Arthur another good level-up.

Bo4UE5j.jpg

Next is Azama, and since he's unarmed, we could just leave him, but since no one is actually dying in here, I don't see any problem with roughing him up a bit.

u2vsDYZ.jpg8IXNKUW.jpg9vLYrKl.jpg

Niles picks up an Enfeeble staff from the other chest.  Azura sings the song that gets her a bit closer to death every time she sings it for some more XP.

5s2K9Nt.jpg8L9SnmR.jpg

We make our way up to the inner sanctum and Hinoka's group just sits there waiting for us.

KwuL59F.jpg

Odin continues to carry this map, taking out Hinoka's flunkies.

u2RNR0F.jpgVeJmwoT.jpg2QSYb3W.jpgzSn9SMI.jpg

The last couple guys would be nice XP, but I didn't want to press my luck and just wanted to end this map.

GDdDgBE.jpgt6PTmsP.jpguRWWULg.jpg

Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection Complete!

Deaths: None, not even the enemies

New Units: Kaze, Generic Ninja, Generic Samurai

11 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Wow Odin is doing great! I may just use him when I pick up conquest 

And what 3-4 deaths so far right. That's really good for conquest lunatic 

Three so far: Silas, Mozu, Nyx

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

not until i see proof that you're not one

Woah your Odin is so good Rezzy! I have never had a good one. Well done for not getting anyone killed too! 

34 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Three so far: Silas, Mozu, Nyx

Ah okay.

technically Silas is "retired", but he's as good as dead 

have you thought about which child units your gonna pick up?

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

1 hour ago, Natalie said:

Woah your Odin is so good Rezzy! I have never had a good one. Well done for not getting anyone killed too! 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Ah okay.

technically Silas is "retired", but he's as good as dead 

have you thought about which child units your gonna pick up?

Silas is a restless spirit haunting the group and refusing to move on right now.  It's like he doesn't realize he's dead.

Kana for sure.  Ophelia and Soleil, since Odin and Laslow are both so high in the poll.  Shigure, Dwyer, Nina, and Percy have a decent chance, since Azura and their fathers are doing well so far.  We'll play it by ear and see how the next few chapters go.

Back in the post-chapter story, Azura's plan to prolong to war continues with allowing the entire Hoshidan army to escape rather than taking any prisoners.  Remember later on, we could have ended this war twice over already.  If we're going to all the trouble of taking them alive, why aren't we taking them alive.  We don't even get any promises that Hoshido will leave our territory or anything.  Our victories don't mean anything, if we're not gaining any actual advantage from our efforts.  But ended the war is not what Azura wants.  Nohr failed to keep her safe when she was a child, so now it must pay by having a ravaging army torment the countryside.

g0rQPCM.jpgBrY6NhR.jpg

Hinoka: Okay, Rezzi, I'll come quietly if you let my people go.

Rezzi: Nah, we'll give you a mulligan on this one.

Hinoka: Wait, you're not taking me prisoner?

SVGTJFD.jpg

Niles: Wait boss, I thought we were supposed to actually be capturing these guys?  Should I let them go?

Rezzi: Sure, where are they at?

Niles: I already sent them to the dungeon.

Rezzi: Really?  That's a lot of work, we can just leave them there for now.  Maybe they'll join us if we ask nicely.

Apparently our weapons are like phasers and we can set them to stun now.

eEDlEGV.jpg?1

Rezzi wants to have her cake and eat it to.  It seems using the very much alive Takumi and Hinoka as prisoners to sue for peace with Ryoma has not occurred to anyone.

Kaze walks in and thinks it would be a shame if not at least one named character was taken prisoner here and offers himself up to the cause.

dxZLhSe.jpg

Rezzi meets the Rainbow Sage and asks for her power boost.

oP1gBjM.jpg

Mr Sage cheaps out and goes the "The Power was in you all along" route.  He lets us know he runs his funhouse to let us grind for XP, and that's about it.

HlMH65h.jpg

He's a troll, and he knows it.  The two shoot the breeze for a bit.

I4scNjI.jpg

Thanks, Sage, but this isn't a spoiler-free LP; the game's been out for two years now, I don't think we need to do spoiler tags.

Rainbow Sage hints at his mysterious backstory, which is never really explained in CQ.  Oh, I'm sure we'll learn more about him in Rev!

MYOC4wV.jpg

He tells us we don't get any bonus now, but he gives us one plot-coupon good for a power-up once we meat back up with a "Hero of Nohr".  Arthur is sad to learn it isn't him.  All that is left to do is report to Daddy Garon.

1AiO4WT.jpg

Iago comes to rain on our parade.  Why exactly does he hate us so much?  Did we drink the last of his milk and put the empty cartoon back in the fridge once or something?  Maybe he just has the "Detect Good" spell active at all times, and our lack of ebul throws off his groove.

5ZI0lly.jpg

Garon is mad that the Rainbow Sage's backstory is never properly explained in any of the routes, so he has decreed that he must die for his sins.  Ambiguity and vagueness is a capital offense in Nohr.  Rezzi balks at killing the Sage in cold blood.

JD83oes.jpghBvNVbC.jpg1Gs5FXh.jpg

Rezzi, no, don't say that.  Being cruel and pointless is just a bonus in Iago's eyes.

ZN50SqH.jpg

Language again, Rezzi!  I don't want @eclipse to have to come in and censor us.

Dumbledore comes in and tells us he was planning to die soon anyway, so it's okay.

a4MwqD3.jpgEPs3esq.jpg

Taste-the-Rainbow hints at his backstory, and I hope you guys enjoy this, because this is the closest he ever gets to explaining his past.

C3YepxY.jpgEcsbu8K.jpg

I think he's already a few marbles short of Mousetrap Board. 

wKEFZam.jpg

Convenient we got here in time, since you made no effort to reach out to us.

S3ATkyt.jpg

Rezzi knows she could fix everything if she got a chance to talk to Daddy Garon.  Old Skittles could probably be useful if they took him prisoner and made him buff our whole army.

P2dsXrq.jpg3z63Ntw.jpg

Live by the rules-lawyering, die by the rules-lawyering Iago.

6ziN6G1.jpgqXQV9Ay.jpg

Don't feel bad Rezzi, everyone's campaign gets railroaded sometimes.

With that, we return to our pocket-plane and plan our next step.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Rezzi meets the Rainbow Sage and asks for her power boost.

oP1gBjM.jpg

Mr Sage cheaps out and goes the "The Power was in you all along" route.  He lets us know he runs his funhouse to let us grind for XP, and that's about it.

HlMH65h.jpg

He's a troll, and he knows it.  The two shoot the breeze for a bit.

I4scNjI.jpg

Thanks, Sage, but this isn't a spoiler-free LP; the game's been out for two years now, I don't think we need to do spoiler tags.

Rainbow Sage hints at his mysterious backstory, which is never really explained in CQ.  Oh, I'm sure we'll learn more about him in Rev!

MYOC4wV.jpg

He tells us we don't get any bonus now, but he gives us one plot-coupon good for a power-up once we meat back up with a "Hero of Nohr".  Arthur is sad to learn it isn't him.  All that is left to do is report to Daddy Garon.

1AiO4WT.jpg

Iago comes to rain on our parade.  Why exactly does he hate us so much?  Did we drink the last of his milk and put the empty cartoon back in the fridge once or something?  Maybe he just has the "Detect Good" spell active at all times, and our lack of ebul throws off his groove.

5ZI0lly.jpg

Garon is mad that the Rainbow Sage's backstory is never properly explained in any of the routes, so he has decreed that he must die for his sins.  Ambiguity and vagueness is a capital offense in Nohr.  Rezzi balks at killing the Sage in cold blood.

JD83oes.jpghBvNVbC.jpg1Gs5FXh.jpg

Rezzi, no, don't say that.  Being cruel and pointless is just a bonus in Iago's eyes.

ZN50SqH.jpg

Language again, Rezzi!  I don't want @eclipse to have to come in and censor us.

Dumbledore comes in and tells us he was planning to die soon anyway, so it's okay.

a4MwqD3.jpgEPs3esq.jpg

Taste-the-Rainbow hints at his backstory, and I hope you guys enjoy this, because this is the closest he ever gets to explaining his past.

C3YepxY.jpgEcsbu8K.jpg

I think he's already a few marbles short of Mousetrap Board. 

wKEFZam.jpg

Convenient we got here in time, since you made no effort to reach out to us.

S3ATkyt.jpg

Rezzi knows she could fix everything if she got a chance to talk to Daddy Garon.  Old Skittles could probably be useful if they took him prisoner and made him buff our whole army.

P2dsXrq.jpg3z63Ntw.jpg

Live by the rules-lawyering, die by the rules-lawyering Iago.

6ziN6G1.jpgqXQV9Ay.jpg

Don't feel bad Rezzi, everyone's campaign gets railroaded sometimes.

With that, we return to our pocket-plane and plan our next step.

Oof rip rainbiw sage 

I think iago was mad that you ate his lunch one day or something and that's why he hates you

. . .dastard. . .?

OH YOU BET I'M MAD ABOUT THAT!  IF YOU'RE GOING TO SWEAR, DO IT PROPERLY, YOUNG LADY! :P:

IMO Iago's mad because Corrin stole his shampoo.  Just look at Iago's oily locks!

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Deaths: None, not even the enemies

I love quips like these. Nice work on Ch 11!

~

For better or for worse, this run has convinced me to do another CQ playthrough.

5 hours ago, Natalie said:

I mean you heard my voice, and you'd be the first person to say I sound like a girl.

Also, what happened to everyone on the internet being male until proven otherwise? Can we please go back to those good old days?

8 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Oof rip rainbiw sage 

I think iago was mad that you ate his lunch one day or something and that's why he hates you

He really knows how to hold a grudge.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

. . .dastard. . .?

OH YOU BET I'M MAD ABOUT THAT!  IF YOU'RE GOING TO SWEAR, DO IT PROPERLY, YOUNG LADY! :P:

IMO Iago's mad because Corrin stole his shampoo.  Just look at Iago's oily locks!

And he has not washed his hair since.

7 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Rezzi's smile is beyond deceptive. Everything she does is for her daddy, that evil little girl, deceiving all. 

Of course

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I love quips like these. Nice work on Ch 11!

~

For better or for worse, this run has convinced me to do another CQ playthrough.

I'm glad it's entertaining.

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I mean you heard my voice, and you'd be the first person to say I sound like a girl.

Also, what happened to everyone on the internet being male until proven otherwise? Can we please go back to those good old days?

I remember those days.

Odin and Camilla start to hit it off and Odin is pretty kinky, wanting to wear Camilla's clothes.

Tcw5NdO.jpg

Meanwhile back at the castle, Daddy Garon is very pleased that Rezzi has been doing so well.

QA2U1Ed.jpgXXyiwDA.jpg

Daddy Garon gives Iago some orders, we have been upgraded from "Murder" to "Suffer".  This is a huge step for the father-daughter relationship, since "Murder" is Garon's default state.  We'll get to "Loving Acceptance" eventually.

v6fmV92.jpgWTG66dU.jpg

Daddy Garon even has a plan all laid out for us.

hyCtvOh.jpg

Elise didn't follow the advice not to drink the water back in Notre Sagesse, and she's got a bad case of dysentery.

c4PqHSs.jpgy1Jh04W.jpg

Being a ghost lets Silas freely receive instant messages from the castle and lets us know Daddy Garon is giving us a vacation.

fHAc1ZH.jpg

Somehow the Hoshidan army seems to have free reign over the whole darn country and is at Club Med before us.

oxfH20a.jpg

Ryoma is a simple man.  This war is just to get his step sister that he had for a couple weeks over a decade ago.

H5x1SAt.jpg1ihLhHv.jpg

Ryoma, you can threaten me with bodily harm and death to win me over all you want, it's just not the same as when Daddy Garon does it.

Xander's retainers than show up to save me from Ryoma's love.

oBBt97U.jpg?1

Let's take a look at our new allies, which includes the much awaited Laslow.  We still have enough deployment slots for all out non-captured units, since Elise is unavailable this map.

SamC3rH.jpgKMJUOC0.jpgavyN6ni.jpg

I also want to implement a new rule.  In chapters like these where there are objective that can result in Game Over, or if Rezzi dies, an ally will be sacrificed, determined at random.

We take it slow and steady, gathering a few medicine pots, while avoiding the poison ones.  The first part of the courtyard lulls us into a bit of a false sense of security.

LKYjYPE.jpg

It's pretty uneventful until we meet the Kagero and Saizo region.  I wonder if they notice that Kaze defected to us.

R9i9Qxt.jpgw2pMBdF.jpg?1pyqrc7P.jpg

Kagero gives Rezzi a nice level-up.

qkdPysL.jpg

Niles approaches Saizo and says there's not enough room in Colorless Hell for the both of them, showing he is the superior fodder unit.

IWDMVF8.jpgbJAKeK9.jpgtllrELS.jpg

Now that they're gone the rest of the flunkies aren't too tough.  Laslow gets some new toys, and there are level-ups all around.

tlKCghg.jpg?1ijjUZFc.jpgAgK20Sj.jpgQwohWrC.jpgBg5Md9D.jpg6FBxZzB.jpg

The XP party goes pretty well until the status staves start spamming us.  We're on the clock so we can't just wait them out.

Effie gets rooted and takes the brunt of their attack.

3JDnFkv.jpg

Will she survive?  We shall see next time!

Jakob provides some timely healing and levels up.  As far as two stat level-ups go, this one isn't bad.

xJyKXck.jpg

Laslow pushes through the enemy ranks and levels again.  The shrine maiden must pay for Silencing Odin for the last four turns!

yHUOEbQ.jpgBAoRYgz.jpg

Down south a swarm of archers has been advancing towards us.  Arthur and Effie go to meet them, supported by Camilla and Selena respectively.

GErmA8S.jpg?1

Laslow/Rezzi go within the Entrapment range to the east, letting Laslow get a bit more combat XP.

N0kzpOu.jpg

Back south, Arthur levels up nicely.

qAgE1aJ.jpg?1

It is at this point that I realize that sending Rezzi east might not have been a great idea, since I am running out of turns.  Odin meets Ryoma and challenges him.

5Vx8cEg.jpg

Odin brings down Ryoma enough for Rezzi to safely take him out, having gotten her HP Hexed earlier.  We were very careful to account for his Vantage here.  Beruka supporting gives her enough Def to survive a hit.

89v0Voq.jpgDg3KyJl.jpgZswZYXr.jpgakcUkyR.jpg

Ryoma sounds the retreat, and for the third time, we just let a prince/princess of Hoshido go without capturing them.  At least Rezzi gets a level out of it.

RJIeFCp.jpg1a7rv8F.jpg

And with that, we clear the Chapter and get ourselves Ryoma's book, too.

KZYSYiy.jpg?1

I wonder if letting all these guys just leave every time is going to come back to haunt us.

sD9hp5l.jpg?1

Elise fully recovers after getting her medicine. 

QyKEPUx.jpg

No sick days for you, little lady.  I want you back to the front lines tomorrow.

YBhJoGd.jpg

I also want to know why the Hoshidans have full control of the entire country.  Is there anywhere in Nohr we haven't been running into them?  I thought Nohr was supposed to be the big evil aggressive empire, but it looks like they've been getting curb stomped by Hoshido, apart from us.

4bdOehf.jpg

Elise is dreaming of Gunter, because she wants his Hone Cavalry.  She's a big meta-gamer.

And with that, Chapter 12 complete!

Deaths: None

New Units: Laslow, Peri

First of all:

14 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Nope~ You and I both know you have the cutest voice, Bart~

Secondly, well done Rezzy! You had me scared that something tragic had happened to Laslow, but I'm grateful that wasn't the case this time, haha.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

First of all:

Nope~ You and I both know you have the cutest voice, Bart~

Secondly, well done Rezzy! You had me scared that something tragic had happened to Laslow, but I'm grateful that wasn't the case this time, haha.

I didn't want to ruin the surprise.  The biggest scare I had was that I wouldn't have enough time to get to Ryoma since the last section was a tough slog.

I just caught up and I think this is super dope! Nice job on chapter 10 especially, I was scared for what would happen but it went well all things considered. Your comments make me crack up a lot! Gonna follow this! :)