Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

Ah, it looks like Odin has pulled ahead a bit in the poll.  We'll leave the poll open for at least a couple more chapters, I'll give a warning when it's coming to a close.

8 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Good call, for where you are in your playthrough, imo. Life and Death is really for one specific set that might be risky on Iron Man. Shurikenbreaker would have had some good value if taken in Ch 10 (lets him walk down the LHS with Nosferatu and beat up Takumi for that Elixir...which I may or may not have just done a few hours ago), and laugh at Ch 11’s Ninja room. I agree that +5 dmg > 1 mov, that one was more of a safety pick, just in case you’re into stuff like that.

Let me know if you decide on something specific for Laslow. Otherwise, I’ll probably just throw some set together tomorrow afternoon.

Congrats on getting Takumi in Chapter 10.  I didn't even want to try going for him there.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, the rules are the rules. Trying to execute someone for what their brother did, have you no shame? (No, no you don't)

It's also funny that they're quite unalike twins as well, if only they could have a database of enemies they had captured. Maybe Iago needs to get criminal justice on Garon's agenda.

Is Rezzi The One Ring in this metaphor?

Remember, justice is an illusion!

Well, Rezzi is Precious to her siblings and they seem obsessed with getting her back at all costs, so it would seem apt.

We begin Chapter 13 surrounded with mages to our west and armors and Takumi to our east.

9SdG3Bh.jpg

Beruka is deemed worthy to wield the Hammer and plays knock-knock with the first Armor Knight, giving her a middling level-up.

FZBd4jU.jpg?1

Arthur, Niles, Odin, and Elise head west to beat up the mages, and Arthur suffers one of his many misfortunes.

ndbgdpf.jpg

Orochi packs quite a punch, but Odin and Arthur are able to take her down.

2MQ0f4O.jpgFeHR5Ug.jpg

Clearing out some more enemies gives Niles a decent level-up.

R8A03UJ.jpg

Back east, Azura dances and gets only Skill on her level-up, which is most essential for Dancers.

q693MhJ.jpg

Laslow has been paired with Rezzi, taking out the Armors with a Levin Sword, and gets a good level.

KKvEMdL.jpg

The next section I was a bit more reckless than I should have been.

Takumi advances towards Takumi, which I didn't realize until later, left Azura open.

LyEPnTW.jpg

Charlotte and Benny sense I just did something stupid and try to rush to my aid.

cc6sFhj.jpgWNimfeM.jpgaqjA1iP.jpg

Sadly, Benny's low movement really hurts him in this chapter, and Charlotte is a bit too squishy to use comfortably.

Laslow takes out Takumi, who was more of a pain to take down than I had anticipated.

zOULzO5.jpg?15j4LJaf.jpg

Hey Takumi, I've had a chance to level up too, you know.  You should know that in RPGs that rivals always scale to level with each other.

And now I will leave you with this picture.  And anyone who read Highlights Magazine as a kid, tell me what you see wrong with this picture.

jStSsem.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

And now I will leave you with this picture.  And anyone who read Highlights Magazine as a kid, tell me what you see wrong with this picture.

Oh dear.

Spoiler

It’s Azura you’re talking about, right? I think she can survive a shot from a Wyvern Rider without the knight pair-up with those HP and Def stats.

Actually, it’s the Knight itself that I’m more worried about.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Well, Rezzi is Precious to her siblings and they seem obsessed with getting her back at all costs, so it would seem apt.

So Isildur = Mikoto. Discuss?

Of course Sauron = Anankos.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

jStSsem.jpg

Spoiler

Considering how she's going to die in the end of Conquest anyway, might as well get it out of the way, stop taking her advice and kill Takumi right now.

As for Gooron, I don't recall her singing there, so we're safe.

Man, if only it was able to account for this stuff, it's times like this when you want IS to apologise and get Kaga in.

Anyways, plans for taking out Scarlet?

Great job on Chapter 12.  Chapter 13 is no cakewalk.  Hope Azura survives!

When you fight Scarlet there is a Wyvern Rider with Quick Draw if you want to capture a generic wyvern with a unique skill.  If that one is too difficult, some show up as reinforcements in the northwest after you engage Scarlet.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

And anyone who read Highlights Magazine as a kid, tell me what you see wrong with this picture.

Goofus and Gallant FTW!

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Takumi advances towards Takumi, which I didn't realize until later, left Azura open.

Interesting strategy on Takumi's part, but I'm glad Takumi was still taken down in the end~

I'm pretty certain you meant to say Laslow here, but it made me smile regardless, haha.

Also... oof, Azura... here's hoping luck favors the Azura more than it favors the bold Arthur!

4 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Oh dear.

Hide contents

It’s Azura you’re talking about, right? I think she can survive a shot from a Wyvern Rider without the knight pair-up with those HP and Def stats.

Actually, it’s the Knight itself that I’m more worried about.

Spoiler: She can't.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Anyways, plans for taking out Scarlet?

Why yes...

3 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Welp azura looks like she's screwed 

We shall see.

1 hour ago, CA Valkyrie said:

Great job on Chapter 12.  Chapter 13 is no cakewalk.  Hope Azura survives!

When you fight Scarlet there is a Wyvern Rider with Quick Draw if you want to capture a generic wyvern with a unique skill.  If that one is too difficult, some show up as reinforcements in the northwest after you engage Scarlet.

Goofus and Gallant FTW!

No plans for captures this chapter.  It can be a bit risky, so I like to only do it when I can do it without having to worry about putting Niles at risk, which is a bit tough here.

32 minutes ago, Black Zero said:

Oh my... things are looking grim for Azura 

Indeed

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Interesting strategy on Takumi's part, but I'm glad Takumi was still taken down in the end~

I'm pretty certain you meant to say Laslow here, but it made me smile regardless, haha.

Also... oof, Azura... here's hoping luck favors the Azura more than it favors the bold Arthur!

Ah yes, I meant Laslow

We return to our story with Azura right before an engagement with the Armor/Wyvern dynamic duo.  There is roughly a 58% chance for them to hit her, which would put her down in one hit, since she's got less HP than Shedinja.

Sadly, I do not have a pic of this battle.  I honestly expected her to die, but when they missed her, I just sat in stunned silence for a minute before realizing my good fortune.

The other pair attacks Beruka, which gives her enough XP for a crappy level-up, but I'm so relieved I don't care.

B1ONadO.jpg

Beruka's levels have been odd.  She's only got Strength once, but her 15% Magic growth has leveled up three times in five levels.

RNG also demands Odin have bad level-up in exchange for Azura's life.

6agix3h.jpg

Just as the eastern front quiets a bit, we have trouble in the west.  Arthur is beaten to within an inch of his life, and Elise the over/under on hits can survive from these guys is 0.5.  Azura has no time to celebrate her untimely aliveness and dances Camilla over to reinforce the party out west.  It's a sad state of affairs that Benny is so slow that he cannot even reach those guys from his starting position.  Mommy Dearest is able to deliver a key kill to save her comrades.

FJTZEaf.jpg?1

We know that one of those Armor Knights is actually Ryoma, so we've beaten him twice in two chapters now.  Laslow is holding his own to the right and is coming along nicely.

JK831HU.jpgRllvyFa.jpg?1

The east is now clear, and that flank prepares for their southern assault.  Jakob heals up Beruka to level up.

lWd9jlL.jpg

As we go south, Laslow steps just into range on the border of Reina's aggro range.  Strangely, she divides her forces with half going east and half going west.  This actually is quite a boon for me, as the Heroes of Justice on the left flank easily deal with the cavaliers, letting Rezzi and Laslow et al handle Reina and her bifurcated henchmen.

jaZUTcR.jpg

And here is Exhibit A for why I don't like Reina.  She's a psychopath, but never gets called out for it.

Beruka kills a Cavalier, and I'm trying to remember if I've gotten a single good level-up from her.

jNhwROb.jpg

Arthur spies an outlaw trying to steal from the residents, so he gives him a quick strip search and delivers his judgement.

k3igSN4.jpgtgTpAPm.jpg

Oh my, did Arthur just level Luck?  Maybe that's why Azura survived.

The houses now safely free from Bandits, we are free to demand tribute from them.

mGSMRbp.jpg?1EeZn8Pg.jpg?1UgrZic4.jpg?1jNTZgcZ.jpg?1

We are now down to just the last pack of Scarlet's gang.  I know there's capture candidates, but I don't want to press my luck.

CKnrwFV.jpg

Odin volunteers to pull the boss.

Nbk126N.jpg

Scarlet falls before our overwhelming force.

cI49PGF.jpgg7c1nbf.jpg

Scarlet's words are technically true, since a functioning spinal cord is required for one to bow.

Scarlet's reinforcements have the punctuality of road construction and are a bit late to the party.

COWBNkV.jpg

There are crummy level-ups all around as we put the enemy out of our misery.

elYUUX2.jpg?1XGlY6nk.jpg?1O9y5Cfg.jpg?1

Azura can still take less hits than a Blackjack player with a deck full of face cards, so we have to protect her behind a wall of her bulkier companions.

iWY0hey.jpg

The rest of them break upon our ranks, and with that, Chapter 13 complete!

cLMUToG.jpg?1

Deaths: None not Azura

New Units: Charlotte, Benny

RWOzJIO.png

Anyway, nicely done again! Thank heavens for good fortune for Azura, and for letting everything else go pretty okay after that particular scare as well, haha.

39 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

RWOzJIO.png

Anyway, nicely done again! Thank heavens for good fortune for Azura, and for letting everything else go pretty okay after that particular scare as well, haha.

I think that was my first potentially lethal encounter that didn't actually result in a death

37 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

What the hell is up with beruka's levels. 3 magic and 1 point of strength!

I wasn't planning on making her a Malig Knight, but I may have no choice.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

So when are you going to be getting the children (assuming any marriages happen)?

Probably around when we pick up Xander and more or less get our set team.  I haven't been going out of my way to grind supports, so we don't have an S Supports ready to go just yet.

I will probably close the Groom poll around that chapter.

YGiILYh.jpg?1

Takumi hasn't learned his lesson from three chapters ago.

I5WWDJT.jpg?1

Well, at least we're making demands now, rather than just letting them go.

JDRnXGL.jpg?1

Hey, maybe since he pretty much admits he's just going to come back to cause trouble, we take him prisoner here?  You know what they say, fool me once, shame on you, fool me four times, shame on me.

Azura senses the Emo is strong with Takumi.

BXAIJqm.jpg?1

We let Azura know us being worried about causing Takumi's strife, and she lets us know, we should worry, because it's definitely our fault.

imP5kQt.jpg?1

Azura wonders if Takumi has been taken over by a malevolent force, or if Fates just has bad writing.  It's still up in the air.

6dlrR26.jpg?1

Next we see Hans going all Justinian on the rebels here. @Septimius Severus

vL8YK0b.jpg?1Esxix2Q.jpg?1

The Hoshido soldiers who didn't escape have also all been slaughtered en masse.

bM7xNeh.jpg?1

This is treated as a moral event horizon in the game, but as far as Medieval warfare goes, it's a bit tame.  Nohr has been facing rebellions left and right.  In spite of Corrin's mercy with the Ice Tribe, there has been no slowing to them.  Slime monsters aside, it's not unheard of for a king to make an example of a village or two to prevent others from uprising.  Half the country must have been complicit in helping the Hoshidans, because they have been popping up left and right.  This Evil Empire needs less mustache twirling and more actual jackboot.  There's no point in wanton evilness if it's not actually accomplishing something.

For the Hoshidans, Nohr is well within its right to execute all of them.  They have been defeated and released in good faith three times.  Yet they have come back to attack every single time.  It would be foolish not to execute them at this point.  Keep letting them go, and they'll come back to defeat you because you don't deserve to lead a country at that point.  Plus, we must demand justice for Nyx!  #justicefornyx

And since she must die in every route, Scarlet gets a Nohrian Handshake from Hans.

NqePZzR.jpg9yeOTwV.jpg

Rezzi is clearly annoyed that her whole warfare-with-no-killing couldn't go on forever.

Azura smiles as her plan begins to bear fruit.  She will drag this conflict on for as long as she can to maximize the suffering.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wasn't planning on making her a Malig Knight, but I may have no choice.

I will give you fair warning - you might be disappointed with the result. Can you really expect much from someone who'll be stuck in a position where they will never be able to use tomes well..???

7 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I will give you fair warning - you might be disappointed with the result. Can you really expect much from someone who'll be stuck in a position where they will never be able to use tomes well..???

Unless she gets a bunch more Magic level-ups, I'm still going to go Wyvern Lord with her.  Even getting 3 Magic level-ups means she still only has 3 Magic.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

No plans for captures this chapter.  It can be a bit risky, so I like to only do it when I can do it without having to worry about putting Niles at risk, which is a bit tough here.

That's fair. He's a pretty tough capture.  And you do get better wyvern options later on in the game.

In Chapter 14, you can capture the boss Kumagera, an Oni-chieftain who really kicks some serious ass.  There's also a couple generics hanging around who aren't too dangerous to catch and come with some decent skills.

2 minutes ago, CA Valkyrie said:

That's fair. He's a pretty tough capture.  And you do get better wyvern options later on in the game.

In Chapter 14, you can capture the boss Kumagera, an Oni-chieftain who really kicks some serious ass.  There's also a couple generics hanging around who aren't too dangerous to catch and come with some decent skills.

I will try to catch the boss next chapter, if things go smoothly.

Next chapter, we will also finally be getting Leo!

Praise RNG-sus...must have felt bad for what happened to Nyx.

Also, I probably won't get to finishing a Laslow skill assortment until tomorrow, since I got a little held up at work today. Regarding Replicate, are you all-out banning it, or just banning its purchase?

Just now, LordFrigid said:

Praise RNG-sus...must have felt bad for what happened to Nyx.

Also, I probably won't get to finishing a Laslow skill assortment until tomorrow, since I got a little held up at work today. Regarding Replicate, are you all-out banning it, or just banning its purchase?

Banning its purchase, although I'm not sure if I'll be getting any robot horses in this playthrough.  It was going to be the same with Warp, but my only Witch died, so that's a moot point.

No worries on Laslow.  I managed to pick up Bowfaire for Niles from you today, so thanks again.  I likely won't be able to play until tomorrow myself anyway.  I've got a ton of paperwork I need to get done before tomorrow.

Nice going Rezzy, thank god Azura survived!

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

The other pair attacks Beruka, which gives her enough XP for a crappy level-up, but I'm so relieved I don't care.

B1ONadO.jpg

Beruka's levels have been odd.  She's only got Strength once, but her 15% Magic growth has leveled up three times in five levels.

RNG also demands Odin have bad level-up in exchange for Azura's life.

6agix3h.jpg

Honestly, I'd agree to 10 of those levels in a row if it saved Azura's live any time.

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

As we go south, Laslow steps just into range on the border of Reina's aggro range.  Strangely, she divides her forces with half going east and half going west.  This actually is quite a boon for me, as the Heroes of Justice on the left flank easily deal with the cavaliers, letting Rezzi and Laslow et al handle Reina and her bifurcated henchmen.

jaZUTcR.jpg

And here is Exhibit A for why I don't like Reina.  She's a psychopath, but never gets called out for it.

Where you see a phychopath, I just see someone who really likes her job.

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Beruka kills a Cavalier, and I'm trying to remember if I've gotten a single good level-up from her.

jNhwROb.jpg

Why is she still being used over Selena?

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

The houses now safely free from Bandits, we are free to demand tribute from them.

UgrZic4.jpg?1

The idea of Elise threateing people for tribute is hilarious.

9 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Scarlet falls before our overwhelming force.

cI49PGF.jpgg7c1nbf.jpg

Scarlet's words are technically true, since a functioning spinal cord is required for one to bow.

You're terrible for making that joke, and I'm terrible for laughing about it as hard as I did.

On 5/12/2018 at 8:33 PM, Rezzy said:

Ryoma, you can threaten me with bodily harm and death to win me over all you want, it's just not the same as when Daddy Garon does it.

Oh Rezzy, you crack me up!  :lol:  Love the commentary.

Damn, now Laslow is down by 2... I'm sad. 

Yay! I'm happy that Azura survived!

11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Azura smiles as her plan begins to bear fruit.  She will drag this conflict on for as long as she can to maximize the suffering.

Hahaha omg I love how you're portraying her! 

17 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Nice going Rezzy, thank god Azura survived!

Honestly, I'd agree to 10 of those levels in a row if it saved Azura's live any time.

Where you see a phychopath, I just see someone who really likes her job.

Why is she still being used over Selena?

The idea of Elise threateing people for tribute is hilarious.

You're terrible for making that joke, and I'm terrible for laughing about it as hard as I did.

Yep, losing the Dancer would make this a lot harder.

I think I have gotten 10 by now.

Those two aren't mutually exclusive.

A flying mount and not being Sword locked.

It's always the one you least expect.

I guess we're going to hell together.

15 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Oh Rezzy, you crack me up!  :lol:  Love the commentary.

Damn, now Laslow is down by 2... I'm sad. 

Thanks, I love everybody's comments!

We will keep the poll open until Chapter 15, so there is time to rally.

14 hours ago, Black Zero said:

Yay! I'm happy that Azura survived!

Hahaha omg I love how you're portraying her! 

Me too!

The story makes so much more sense when viewed my way.

We come back to the castle, where Laslow gives us a salve for the rash he gave us.

X5gCVpK.jpgyH6AnyM.jpg

He really likes to drill home that this is an Ironman run.

YJ46mtH.jpg

Hey, I'm making an effort to keep you alive, you know.

Kakc8Kr.jpg

Laslow can't count.  I've only lost three units to far.  And no, Chapter 5 doesn't count.  That Chapter can go burn in hell.

We venture over to Lord Frigids castle to steal some skills again.

x5WdnqQ.jpg4R1R8qI.jpg

We pick Bowfaire for Niles, since you can never go wrong with Faire for one-weapon units.  We get Rend Heaven for Camilla, since it's got an insanely good trigger rate and works for both her weapons.

The whole family decides to head to neutral territory for a nice show.  We can rest comfortably knowing that Hoshido would never violate the sovereignty of a neutral nation.

9Vb7Bip.jpg

We are finally reunited with a character you should expect blatant favoritism for in this LP.

THMGPgD.jpg

Daddy Garon is absolutely thrilled to see us after our victory in Cheve.  He knows enemies give the same XP regardless of equipped weapon.

1mQSvYg.jpgUcEJXAw.jpg7FvlSoJ.jpg

Daddy Garon would like to put all these rebellions behind him and enjoy a nice night of theater.

Azura wanders off somewhere and we get the best verse of Lost in Thoughts.

Azura went to the Clark Kent school of disguise, and a facial accessory makes her completely unrecognizable.

Next we have Garon's retainers jump to the conclusion that the mysterious dancer is responsible for Garon's affliction.  I mean, they're right, but why is that their first guess?  It looks like he's just trying to pass a kidney stone, and there was no obvious attack directed at him.

SskmLze.jpg6dmbf5r.jpgGuPwXzc.jpg

Leo wants to get the Mysterious Dancer for his Heroes account.  He blew 400 Orbs and only got 3 Inigos in the Performing Arts Banner.

MqTfwTO.jpg

The Pious Kingdom of Hoshido violates Nestra's neutrality and launches an attack against a head of state.  From Nohr's perspective, Hoshido is clearly the aggressor in this war.  First, a princess of Nohr is scouting the border, when she is kidnapped by the enemy and brought before their queen to be brainwashed.  Next, the princess's sentient sword kills the queen to protect the princess.  Rezzi's family then bravely launches a rescue mission and brings her back from her captors.  They do not linger in Hoshido and go straight back to Nohr.  Since then, Hoshido has been marching around Nohr causing havoc and trying to kidnap Rezzi again.  This is but the latest in a series of aggressions by Hoshido against its peaceful neighbor.

Azura then shows back up.

3yaJrJf.jpgGyP7qto.jpg

She had ankle length blue hair, was singing that one song you know how to sing, and had an outfit just like yours, but black.  See anyone like that?

6Tycp1F.jpg

Well, keep an eye out, won't you?

Laslow’s up. Let me know if you want a -faire instead. It’d be pretty trivial to set him up with Hana or Mozu.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

A flying mount and not being Sword locked.

BK Selena’s pretty great, imo. Has Trample through an easily built Camilla/Beruka support if you want, too. Not that there’s anything wrong with Beruka.

8 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Laslow’s up. Let me know if you want a -faire instead. It’d be pretty trivial to set him up with Hana or Mozu.

BK Selena’s pretty great, imo. Has Trample through an easily built Camilla/Beruka support if you want, too. Not that there’s anything wrong with Beruka.

Thanks, I'll have to check him out tomorrow.  Probably won't do a Faire on him, since he's a multi-weapon user, but I'm not too picky.

Selena will serve well, should I take some casualties and need her.  Laslow is using all my good swords right now, though.