Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Leo wants to get the Mysterious Dancer for his Heroes account.  He blew 400 Orbs and only got 3 Inigos in the Performing Arts Banner.

Man, I wish I'd gotten one Inigo.

Anyways, the most convincing disguise has worked. I don't remember if the Hoshidans and Azura are actually working together here, I think that's maybe.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoshido is actually the bad guy in this whole war! They just keep provoking Nohr at every turn! And people thought Hoshido was "good."

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

We get Rend Heaven for Camilla, since it's got an insanely good trigger rate and works for both her weapons.

YES. Unleash the beast! Let lil mama on wings go ham! 

-I see that you have mastered the tried-and-true strat of Sacrifice Nyx for the Greater Good. Well played.

-That Odin game is on-point.  

-I have never paired Odin with anyone other than Elise and in my headcannon, they are soulmates. Adjusting headcannon for drama of Elise discovering that he is romantically involved with Big Sister.   

Edited by Shoblongoo

As brutal as the Nohr Lunatic endgame is, I remember it being super-cheesable with liberal abuse of skill inheritance.

...that  [everything]breaker rend heaven Camilla is already looking pretty wonky... 

Like when I was going in for my run where I just wanted to break the game as hard as you can possibly break it and cheese even the brutality of endgame Nohr--I gave everyone in my party replicate. Basically giving myself 32 deployed units to plow through everything the game was throwing at me, when i was only supposed to have 16. 

Anddd I Fear Mountain DLC'd the [warp] skill onto all my magic girls. (i.e. "Ohhhh???? The game if forcing me to split up my army; half against Hana's forces on the left side of the map and half against Tsubaki's forces on the right??? lololololololol  [replicate elise]. [replicate ophelia]. [replicate felicia]. Pair up 6 times + warp 12 units over to the right; everybody go fuck Tsubkai. KK--everybody back to the left now. Murder Hana's face.)    

Andddddddd...yeah...

That broke the game.  

Edited by Shoblongoo

15 hours ago, Rezzy said:

3yaJrJf.jpgGyP7qto.jpg

She had ankle length blue hair, was singing that one song you know how to sing, and had an outfit just like yours, but black.  See anyone like that?

6Tycp1F.jpg

Well, keep an eye out, won't you?

Azura's costume is like all those of Team Rocket's, they are all foolproof.

12 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

As brutal as the Nohr Lunatic endgame is, I remember it being super-cheesable with liberal abuse of skill inheritance.

...that  [everything]breaker rend heaven Camilla is already looking pretty wonky... 

Like when I was going in for my run where I just wanted to break the game as had as you can possibly break it and cheese even the brutality of endgame Nohr--I gave everyone in my party replicate. Basically giving myself 32 deployed units to plow through everything the game was throwing at me, when i was only supposed to have 16.

Andddddd...yeah...

That broke the game.  

Well Rezzy best choose her skills well then 

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

A flying mount and not being Sword locked.

It's always the one you least expect.

I guess we're going to hell together.

She can become a pagasi if you have a spare heart seal, but that might be a bit much. I don't think being sword locked is that bad in this game though, since kodachi's exist. Hero's also aren't sword locked. I am also totally not biased towards best girl Selena.

Still trying to imagine people being scared of Elise.

Oh well, everything is more fun if you bring a friend along.

13 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Still trying to imagine people being scared of Elise.

>>>>75% magic groth
>>>>>base stat [11] @ lvl 1 

ELISE: "I'm such a good fighter!"

ENEMY: "...bullshit..."

ELISE: *basic fire tome*
Image result for nuke gif

Edited by Shoblongoo

On 5/14/2018 at 4:06 PM, Rezzy said:

I will try to catch the boss next chapter, if things go smoothly.

The main thing you have to worry about is the shrine maiden next to him with an Entrap Staff.  I would take her out first and bait out the archers, before advancing to capture him (Leo w/ pairup works well).  Kumagera has Countermagic so be careful when attacking him with mages or Shining Bow. 

I'm using him on my current playthrough and he is a beast.  His base magic is decent enough where he can use tomes for decent damage.  And at Level 5 he gets Death Blow which pairs well with Mjollnir and Killer Axe.  He can even use Great Club effectively because he has Certain Blow.  A can't miss unit IMO.

Edited by CA Valkyrie

18 hours ago, Rezzy said:

We get Rend Heaven for Camilla, since it's got an insanely good trigger rate and works for both her weapons.

Were there any other skills you had been considering for Camilla? Because imo, Rend Heaven is only really useful for physical matchups (or magic vs magic matchups, but Camilla would not do well against those).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

4 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

ELISE: "I'm such a good fighter!"

ENEMY: "...bullshit..."

ELISE: *basic fire tome*
Image result for nuke gif

Looks about right.

Either way it's a shame there's no more bosses outside of paralogues after this chapter to capture, these two are pretty solid units and it'd be nice to see more of this kind of thing.

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Were there any other skills you had been considering for Camilla? Because imo, Rend Heaven is only really useful for physical matchups (or magic vs magic matchups, but Camilla would not do well against those).

Isn't most of the game physical v psychical anyway?

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Isn't most of the game physical v psychical anyway?

Yes, but as I see it, Rend Heaven is only really useful against Berserkers, which have high strength and low-ish defense. And are best engaged from range for the most part.

14 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

...she gave her Camilla axebreaker...

Long as she keeps her speed and luck buffed, should be safe to engage berserkers at melee range 

Erm, she had said in that other post she gave Camilla Rend Heaven...

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Either way it's a shame there's no more bosses outside of paralogues after this chapter to capture, these two are pretty solid units and it'd be nice to see more of this kind of thing.

Yea same here. I wish you could also capture Kotaro who would outshine Haitaka and Kumagera, already awesome units in their own right.  He has a nasty skill set on Lunatic plus S-rank in shurikens and B-rank in swords.

Paralogue bosses are awesome as well.  Gazak has insanely good bases and great unique skills.  Same can be said for Zhara.  Senno though is a mediocre unit.

But the lack of captured bosses is offset by the sheer amount of cool generic units you can kidnap.

5 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I find Rend Heaven's high proc rate offsetting its decreased efficiency versus other proc skills.

Since Laslow's been doing so well, I decided to let the Senate decide who he shall be marrying.

Starting up Chapter 14, we get to bring one more unit than last time, so we'll bring Kaze along for thief utility as well as another Dagger user.

v6iuifG.jpg

In addition to them, we also finally get to use Leo.

d9H9OGw.jpg

Surveying the battlefield, there are a few things of note.  First the boss is capturable, so we'll try to grab him, if we can.

VUEmSPC.jpg

Next Status Staves are flapping everywhere in this map, so we'll have to keep an eye out for them.

0L5tOTd.jpg

Garon wants to destroy Hoshido because they keep using the Hexing Rod.

To the south of this boat theater building thing, Michael Keaton's agent sent him here for an acting job, or so he thought.

yumhF36.jpg

Camilla pairs up with Leo to draw the Peg Knights and Samurais hither, while Rezzi goes south.  By sitting in this square, Beetlejuice can talk to us on the first turn.

aRuKwLS.jpg

Leo tanks like a boss.

afI0Kn1.jpg

Dogberry does not appreciate being kickshamed and lets Rezzi know he is a werewolf.

gOn7tI8.jpg110bBd2.jpg

Rezzi only knows of FE through Heroes and has no idea what Beaststone units are. @GuiltyLove@Vaximillian@SatsumaFSoysoy@DarkLordIvy@Rafiel's Aria

Back north Niles picks off a Sky Knight for a level-up, but puts himself in range of the Hexing Rod in the process.

rrhMrtk.jpg

Rezzi realizes how precarious the line is back north, so she grabs Bruce Wayne and comes to her squishy comrades' aid.

ivRtTrE.jpg

Odin and Elise tag team the southern wing of the theater.  Odin could have just hit the first time, but he wanted to make it interesting by missing a couple times before clearing them out.

PZRpgxt.jpgdoGptEJ.jpg

Elise then lets everyone know of her plan to cosplay as Flora.

q7ZY71i.jpg

After getting Hexed Niles is hanging on by the skin of his teeth.

BxbfsNk.jpg

Beruka picks up Arthur to drop him behind enemy lines to unleash justice upon the party crashers.

RjPVH76.jpg

Odin continues missacring everyone to level-up.

rB0gJhm.jpg

Kaze gets a participation award for chipping down a Sky Knight.

cY98qAa.jpg

Mr "I Only Need One Hit Point" finishes off the enemy.

Jclnfkj.jpg

Kaze picks off another mook to level up.

capHoj7.jpg

Yes, true, but you didn't level Strength, did you?

Clearing the first wave of enemies results in a couple more levels.

A0f2uCD.jpgwRaGKG7.jpg

Sadly, Laslow eats a Hex during all the commotion.

221U1Ep.jpg

While Kaze is meandering back to the rest of the party after obtaining the Seraph Robe from the stage, we let the Shrine Maidens waste their charges of Freeze and Enfeeble before moving eastwards.

LrsyLLf.jpg

9 hours ago, Nym said:

Azura's costume is like all those of Team Rocket's, they are all foolproof.

Funny thing is, the first time they did show up disguised (which was in the Pikachu vs Raichu episode), Misty recognized them, shouting thanks to Team Rocket (who later realized that they spent the episode cheering for Ash and his friends, in one of many fourth wall breaks).

50 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I find Rend Heaven's high proc rate offsetting its decreased efficiency versus other proc skills.

Fair enough, I suppose. I just find the potential for it being a dud to cause me to not see it as that great, especially on magic units.

No Hunter's Knife? O.o . Also, Leo hype!

I'm interested to see how you deal with the reinforcements.

Edit: On the Laslow poll...Camilla!Soleil ftw.

Edited by LordFrigid

12 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Funny thing is, the first time they did show up disguised (which was in the Pikachu vs Raichu episode), Misty recognized them, shouting thanks to Team Rocket (who later realized that they spent the episode cheering for Ash and his friends, in one of many fourth wall breaks).

They had  mini Team Rocket's flag with them with the gigantic R in the middle. So of course anyone would realize it's them, even fools XD

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

No Hunter's Knife? O.o . Also, Leo hype!

I'm interested to see how you deal with the reinforcements.

For the Hunter's Knife, I took the strategic decision of forgetting to put it in his inventory.  Ironman, so no resets.

The last Freeze staff stubbornly refuses to use it until I move closer into range, so Jack Frost has to bite the bullet and get frozen.

xtQdScB.jpg

Leo, backed up by Camilla, is danced by Azura and moves to the periphery of the Sky Knight Reinforcements' range.

rGJzX6O.jpgQ7lv2JQ.jpg

I try to remember if Azura has leveled HP once.

Kaze wanted to know what it felt like to miss 97% twice.

XnF254j.jpg

Arthur comes to Kaze's aid.

y9Sf0dN.jpg

Niles draws the Peg Knight and gets closer to his comfort zone of 1HP.

Dzkbkgc.jpg

Leo tanks the reinforcements to the west, his only problem is finishing them off.

To answer @LordFrigid's question, I fought fire with fire, or in this case, Freeze with Freeze, to keep the Reinforcements from swarming my weaker units.

S5LLnAc.jpg

Mr Mom comes to help Leo with the horsies.

AKBbD3v.jpg

Thinking back to Silas, Jakob wants to make the enemy know how it feels to be frozen in the same spot four turns in a row.

z4WqWNp.jpg50QNGRQ.jpg

As a commentary on my playstyle, Jakob gets equal amounts of skill and luck.

ASkEAMY.jpg

Kaze stubbornly refuses to level Strength and steals the cash register's drop box.  If they valued their gold, they wouldn't keep it in a chest in the middle of the auditorium.

sNAZGLD.jpg

For the final push, we identify the final Shrine Maiden with the entrap staff.

lTML1PA.jpg

Odin seeks to rectify this.

gSMxDZV.jpg

We then draw out the Archers, giving Arthur yet another level.

U7DPmSY.jpg

We then begin to whittle Kumagera down for capture.

qjV5KO5.jpg

We reach the moment of truth, but I do not like those odds.  We this not an Ironman run, I'd go for it, but I'm not willing to risk a 15% chance of losing Niles.  If only Hex didn't last the whole darned map.

7yALRdI.jpg

So I send Beruka in to kill him instead.

LEkAihp.jpgR16phVB.jpg

And Chapter 14 Complete!

TDmPbqh.jpg

Deaths: None, unless you count Kumagera

New Units: Leo, Keaton