Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For the Hunter's Knife, I took the strategic decision of forgetting to put it in his inventory.  Ironman, so no resets.

The last Freeze staff stubbornly refuses to use it until I move closer into range, so Jack Frost has to bite the bullet and get frozen.

xtQdScB.jpg

Leo, backed up by Camilla, is danced by Azura and moves to the periphery of the Sky Knight Reinforcements' range.

rGJzX6O.jpgQ7lv2JQ.jpg

I try to remember if Azura has leveled HP once.

Kaze wanted to know what it felt like to miss 97% twice.

XnF254j.jpg

Arthur comes to Kaze's aid.

y9Sf0dN.jpg

Niles draws the Peg Knight and gets closer to his comfort zone of 1HP.

Dzkbkgc.jpg

Leo tanks the reinforcements to the west, his only problem is finishing them off.

To answer @LordFrigid's question, I fought fire with fire, or in this case, Freeze with Freeze, to keep the Reinforcements from swarming my weaker units.

S5LLnAc.jpg

Mr Mom comes to help Leo with the horsies.

AKBbD3v.jpg

Thinking back to Silas, Jakob wants to make the enemy know how it feels to be frozen in the same spot four turns in a row.

z4WqWNp.jpg50QNGRQ.jpg

As a commentary on my playstyle, Jakob gets equal amounts of skill and luck.

ASkEAMY.jpg

Kaze stubbornly refuses to level Strength and steals the cash register's drop box.  If they valued their gold, they wouldn't keep it in a chest in the middle of the auditorium.

sNAZGLD.jpg

For the final push, we identify the final Shrine Maiden with the entrap staff.

lTML1PA.jpg

Odin seeks to rectify this.

gSMxDZV.jpg

We then draw out the Archers, giving Arthur yet another level.

U7DPmSY.jpg

We then begin to whittle Kumagera down for capture.

qjV5KO5.jpg

We reach the moment of truth, but I do not like those odds.  We this not an Ironman run, I'd go for it, but I'm not willing to risk a 15% chance of losing Niles.  If only Hex didn't last the whole darned map.

7yALRdI.jpg

So I send Beruka in to kill him instead.

LEkAihp.jpgR16phVB.jpg

And Chapter 14 Complete!

TDmPbqh.jpg

Deaths: None, unless you count Kumagera

New Units: Leo, Keaton

I believe azura has base 16 ho so yes you have

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

We reach the moment of truth, but I do not like those odds.  We this not an Ironman run, I'd go for it, but I'm not willing to risk a 15% chance of losing Niles.  If only Hex didn't last the whole darned map.

Stick him behind someone else to build DG meter? For future reference, I guess.

~

Nice work! I totally forgot about Freeze. Probably because I don’t deploy staff users that much in mid-game...

Edited by LordFrigid

17 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Stick him behind someone else to build DG meter? For future reference, I guess.

~

Nice work! I totally forgot about Freeze. Probably because I don’t deploy staff users that much in mid-game...

Maybe, but being so close to the end, I was wary of making a dumb mistake again and getting Niles killed.

To be fair, I forget what the "Effective" daggers are called, so I don't always have them handy, unlike Hammer and Beastkiller, which I usually remember.

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I didn't know about this! Good luck!

Side note, I didn't know they made Azura's level up quote so gloomy in English lol

Thanks!

What's she say in other languages?  Speaking of the Japanese version.  In the Conquest Dance scene, Garon sounds like Gollum from LotR during his groans of increasing discomfort.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe, but being so close to the end, I was wary of making a dumb mistake again and getting Niles killed.

That’s fair. One other thing I thought of...Odin wasn’t next to Kumagera at the end, was he (for the Heartseeker Avo debuff)?

Not a big deal, tbh. Kumagera’s cool, but the actual CQ units are better.

13 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

That’s fair. One other thing I thought of...Odin wasn’t next to Kumagera at the end, was he (for the Heartseeker Avo debuff)?

Not a big deal, tbh. Kumagera’s cool, but the actual CQ units are better.

I don't remember for sure, but with there being other units sitting around him, I didn't want him to initiate an enemy phase against one of them and get a lucky crit off.

Thankfully, I still have more characters than deployment slots.  I'll need to play matchmaker with my units soon.

1 hour ago, Nym said:

They had  mini Team Rocket's flag with them with the gigantic R in the middle. So of course anyone would realize it's them, even fools XD

True. Also, a couple other episodes (one in Advanced Generation, one in Diamond & Pearl) had Meowth try to disguise itself as another Pokémon... key word there being "try". The ruses failed because the Pokedex scan outed the disguised Meowth, instead of the Pokémon he was trying to claim he was. Also, another failed disguise attempt was in one episode where Misty got suspicious of Team Rocket, and even removed Jessie's glasses. Otherwise, they, or at least James, tend to have pretty good disguises (Jessie oft keeps her signature long red hair; Meowth, however, tends to get away with "disguises" that shouldn't work more often than he should). Anyway, one instance that was particularly ridiculous was in an early Diamond & Pearl episode; the "disguise" was just some green jackets... that were open, thus clearly showing the R on their outfits.

50 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks!

What's she say in other languages?  Speaking of the Japanese version.  In the Conquest Dance scene, Garon sounds like Gollum from LotR during his groans of increasing discomfort.

In JP, she says the "I'm so happy that I could sing" part, but doesn't say she won't. Also, her portrait is the happy one.

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

U7DPmSY.jpg

I have high level promoted Arthurs with less speed. Like, ~15-20 levels higher.

I know part of it is his class too, so it's not like he's just gotten ridiculously lucky too.

Either way, shame to not see Kumagera caught. Regardless, we get to a frustrating chapter I actually like next.

12 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

In JP, she says the "I'm so happy that I could sing" part, but doesn't say she won't. Also, her portrait is the happy one.

I guess English Azura has to be edgier.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

I have high level promoted Arthurs with less speed. Like, ~15-20 levels higher.

I know part of it is his class too, so it's not like he's just gotten ridiculously lucky too.

Either way, shame to not see Kumagera caught. Regardless, we get to a frustrating chapter I actually like next.

I forget his growths, but my Arthur has been turning out very well, particularly in Strength and Speed.  I might have to marry him off soon.

58 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Arthur is doing pretty well for himself isn't he?

53 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

One could even say lucky??? 

Must be where he got that one point of Luck from.

Tough break on Kumagera but I do understand the reasoning to killing him and not risking Niles.  Niles is so important to your team for his utility and ability to capture.

Don't worry there are so many cool enemies to capture in the game, so missing out on Kuma isn't a total loss.

Some of my main prisoner units include: an Adventurer with Seal Str and Def (Ch. 16), Master Ninja with Move+1, Grisly Wound (Ch 17), and a General with Warding Blow (Ch. 18).  They're actually pretty safe to capture.

Edited by CA Valkyrie

9 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

The Paralouges have alot of cool units to capture, if you plan on recruiting some future children later in the LP.

Just recruited Forest and Nina last night and caught some real good ones: a Paladin with Trample, Hero with Darting Blow, and a General w/ Inspiration, Armored Blow, and Wary Fighter.  And the bases are quite nice.  Max weapon ranks to boot.

11 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

@ghast swears by Gazak being the best unit in Conquest. 

Gazak's a monster.  Bases are insane.  And he has Certain Blow, which is deadly when combined with Gamble, Beserker Crit Bonus, and Great Club/Killer Axe. 

And he has Pavise cuz sure, why not?

Nice job again!
You made the right choice with Kumagera, in my opinion; in the interest of caution, I never count on my own units hitting if their hit rate isn't at least 90%.

On 13-5-2018 at 8:02 PM, DefaultBeep said:

Why must you betray me like this :'(

Odin is love, Odin is life.

On 14-5-2018 at 11:49 PM, Rezzy said:

Next we see Hans going all Justinian on the rebels here. @Septimius Severus

vL8YK0b.jpg?1usPCpHe.jpg?2

I do not see the resemblance; I have no idea what you're talking about.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I guess English Azura has to be edgier.

Isn't the whole point of the English version to make everything a degree worse?

3 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Any particular reason why? Because honestly, I see that title as belonging to Camilla and no one else.

3 hours ago, CA Valkyrie said:

Tough break on Kumagera but I do understand the reasoning to killing him and not risking Niles.  Niles is so important to your team for his utility and ability to capture.

Don't worry there are so many cool enemies to capture in the game, so missing out on Kuma isn't a total loss.

Some of my main prisoner units include: an Adventurer with Seal Str and Def (Ch. 16), Master Ninja with Move+1, Grisly Wound (Ch 17), and a General with Warding Blow (Ch. 18).  They're actually pretty safe to capture.

I'd like to capture a few of those guys, or at least Rallyman.

The Paralouges have alot of cool units to capture, if you plan on recruiting some future children later in the LP.

Image result for fe gazak

It would be great to get Gazak.

3 hours ago, CA Valkyrie said:

Just recruited Forest and Nina last night and caught some real good ones: a Paladin with Trample, Hero with Darting Blow, and a General w/ Inspiration, Armored Blow, and Wary Fighter.  And the bases are quite nice.  Max weapon ranks to boot.

Gazak's a monster.  Bases are insane.  And he has Certain Blow, which is deadly when combined with Gamble, Beserker Crit Bonus, and Great Club/Killer Axe. 

And he has Pavise cuz sure, why not?

I'll probably start doing some of the Children Paralogs soon.  I don't remember what chapter they start getting the Child Seal.  It might be smart to wait until then to save money on Master Seals.

2 hours ago, Septimius Severus said:

Nice job again!
You made the right choice with Kumagera, in my opinion; in the interest of caution, I never count on my own units hitting if their hit rate isn't at least 90%.

Odin is love, Odin is life.

vL8YK0b.jpg?1usPCpHe.jpg?2

I do not see the resemblance; I have no idea what you're talking about.

Isn't the whole point of the English version to make everything a degree worse?

I think King Garon would have approved to Justinian's solution to the Nika Revolt.  Justinian even knows who the true enemy is.  More plans have been thwarted by Green units than Reds.

We return to our post-chapter story with Leo and Rezzi.

fZuB88l.jpg

Sadly, the singer's identity is one of the many plot threads in Fates that never gets properly explained or resolved.

8rnuSnQ.jpg

I don't think Garon and Hoshido understand what neutral territory means.  It's supposed to mean you DON'T attack each other, not anything goes.  Maybe the leader of Nestra should step in, whoever that is.  I think it's run by a council of ducks.  That's why the theater has a nice pond.

10ZCBOb.jpg

We'll try really hard not to disappoint Daddy Garon, but him expecting us to get straight A's at the Nohr Institute of Evil can be a bit daunting.

dQ5GoDA.jpg

Rezzi tries to bring a little bit of nuance to Daddy Garon's wanton homicide.  She thinks that at least having a few show-trials first would show much more finesse.

ho2uIi9.jpg

Leo knows that Daddy Garon is old-fashioned and does not take kindly to suggestions.

IOhS1yR.jpgwkXc29q.jpg

Leo is going through a rebellious phase and knows being ordered to kill Rinkah and Kaze is just like being ordered to eat your meatloaf and asparagus.  Just hide them, and Daddy will think that you were obeying him.

E6Jvrpm.jpg

Just like all siblings, put them together, and they will find knew ways to defy their parents' wishes.

Next the Yato evolves after being exposed to Leo's book.

BdHWDxe.jpg6BF2t0P.jpg

Too bad there isn't a single Flying class that can use swords in Fates.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'll probably start doing some of the Children Paralogs soon.  I don't remember what chapter they start getting the Child Seal.  It might be smart to wait until then to save money on Master Seals.

That would be chapter 19. And I would not recommend waiting unless you want to S U F F E R. And get results that are hardly worth the hard work, too.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That would be chapter 19. And I would not recommend waiting unless you want to S U F F E R. And get results that are hardly worth the hard work, too.

I think I'll be doing the Kana and Ophelia paralogs before then, since Odin has now officially won.  Not sure how to close one poll without closing them all.  I'll look into it.

Once the Laslow poll has a winner, I'll pick up Soleil too.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I think I'll be doing the Kana and Ophelia paralogs before then, since Odin has now officially won.  Not sure how to close one poll without closing them all.  I'll look into it.

Once the Laslow poll has a winner, I'll pick up Soleil too.

Early recruitment on Ophelia comes with the perk of better availability on all the sweet loot you get from her map (horse spirit, calamity gate, and lightning are all especially clutch for heaping favoritism on Leo). If saving every village is too risky on iron man, what tome(s) you wanna prioritize grabbing???

Early recruitment on Ophelia comes with the perk of better availability on all the sweet loot you get from her map (horse spirit, calamity gate, and lightning are all especially clutch for heaping favoritism on Leo). If saving every village is too risky on iron man, what tome(s) you wanna prioritize grabbing???

I'll need to take a look at which prizes are where, but Lightning and Calamity Gale are particularly great tomes to have for sure.

I'll be doing Ophelia's map after Rezzi's designated grind chapter.

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Do you has any intent on going back into Nohr Noble?

I think I might, Grim Yato gives the bonus even without being equipped, but Draconic Hex is also one of my favorite skills.