Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

For doing Ninja Cave or for doing the paralogues late and making them too difficult?

The former. I dunno why, but I expect a death at least...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would probably be wise to promote some of those unpromoted units before tackling the cave; this is where the unpromoted units really start to drop off. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

11 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Ninja Cave isn't that bad.

You got the Calamity Gate. You're fine.

I wouldn't be too sure of that - I mean, this IS an ironman run, and Rezzy really cut it close with Odin in the last story chapter. Knowing that she's going to be dealing with enemies that can do 40% damage even if they whiff... yeah.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Thing about Ninja Cave is that as tough as some of those enemies are, they're largely immobile until you choose to aggro them. And there's no turn limit or endangered recruitable units or perishable loot to race for.

You can pretty safely turtle the entire map as long as you don't get impatient and overreach with your pace of advancement; there's nothing really spurring you to advance quickly.

IDK. I've always found it to be one of the easier maps in Conquest. 

You just have to make sure you account for poison damage and debuffs in your survivability calcs, and don't accidentally isolate vulnerable units from the rest of your army when you set off dragon veins.

Eternal Stairway is where I'm expecting to see some more deaths, TBH.   

Edited by Shoblongoo

17 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The former. I dunno why, but I expect a death at least...

We shall see.

16 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Ninja Cave isn't that bad.

You got the Calamity Gate. You're fine.

Hopefully

14 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Well I think this is where your luck ends.

To be fair, the only time I really felt a death was from stupidity on my part was Mozu.

6 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

It would probably be wise to promote some of those unpromoted units before tackling the cave; this is where the unpromoted units really start to drop off. 

I'll have to decide who's worthy of a Master Seal pretty soon.

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I wouldn't be too sure of that - I mean, this IS an ironman run, and Rezzy really cut it close with Odin in the last story chapter. Knowing that she's going to be dealing with enemies that can do 40% damage even if they whiff... yeah.

I wonder just how far I can push Odin.

4 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Thing about Ninja Cave is that as tough as some of those enemies are, they're largely immobile until you choose to aggro them. And there's no turn limit or endangered recruitable units or perishable loot to race for.

You can pretty safely turtle the entire map as long as you don't get impatient and overreach with your pace of advancement; there's nothing really spurring you to advance quickly.

You just have to make sure you account for poison damage and debuffs in your survivability calcs, and don't accidentally isolate vulnerable units from the rest of your army when you set off dragon veins.

Eternal Stairway I didn't find too bad, but I also had my Replicate army by then as well.  Fuga's and Hinoka's wind rides, I'm dreading though.

Do be careful with Odin--this isn't Awakening and Nosferatu tanking is not that good. (but its easy to get lulled into a false sense of security that it is because of the Awakening mindset, and then your sorcerers go *squish*) 

I don't know how you'd feel about using DLC classes for this playthrough in lieu of limited master seals, but Witch Ophelia is best girl

Edited by Shoblongoo

4 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

There is the matter of the Speedwing that you get if Saizo survives. Assuming Rezzy plans to go for it, that is. Which may not happen, seeing as this is an ironman run...

3 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

I don't know how you'd feel about using DLC classes for this playthrough in lieu of limited master seals, but Witch Ophelia is best girl

Which makes it a pity that the Witch's Mark was wasted on Nyx.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

3 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Do be careful with Odin--this isn't Awakening, and Nosferatu tanking is not that good. 

I've been using the free DLC promotion items, but my rules do not allow grinding for them.

Arthur and Selena have been Dread Fighters

Rezzi and Leo have been Dark Falcons

Nyx got the Witch Seal, but it didn't end well for her.

Our first order of business today is to let Leo's son out of time-out.

CCrHzyf.jpg

He's already at level 20, so it's time for a promotion.

9opt1WY.jpg

Our choices are Berserker and Hero, and making him anything but a Berserker just feels wrong.

exLkwNt.jpg

Rezzi lampshades the fact that we took a few years to start a family before finally making landfall for our war effort.

ZbGGHj1.jpg

Apparently, no one told the leader of this expedition the name of the country that we were landing in until we got here.

ctoTL4L.jpg

We sure have a lot of sympathy for a guy who kidnapped Azura, stole our gold, and most unforgivably did not give us any boots.  Small side rant, why does Shura have no support conversations other than Corrin?  It would seem obvious to have him support with...

A: Azura: due to their shared history

B: Kaze and/or Saizo due to their shared hatred of Mokushu

C: Niles and/or Beruka due to their extralegal extracurricular activities

I don't even think he should be S Supporting with everybody, just flesh him out a bit.  It would be nice to have some non-retainers get the spotlight sometimes.

7jyS5Kg.jpg

Any friend of Daddy Garon is a friend of ours.

BZPA2R5.jpg

The "good guys" have been launching unprovoked attacks again.

l93iEPM.jpgBx41PFW.jpg

Kotaro is painted as a liar, but with how Hoshido has been invading us left and right, I'm inclined to believe him.

rzZjLxu.jpg

Xander, save some XP for the unpromoted units.

p1zvTss.jpg

Okay, what noob sent our dancer out to solo the Ninja Cave?

HOe0NQD.jpg

Does this look like the face of mercy?

WP39Pma.jpg

To be fair, that's the best time to take aim.

s5bqkly.jpgLggrWxu.jpg

I never understood why Saizo would never let Kaze in on this little tidbit about who killed their father.

What vile tactics would he stoop to?

juHA9aT.jpgufAeLDT.jpg

He what?  Wait, why is this a problem?  Since when is taking prisoners considered a war crime?  It's not like he's torturing her back there, or if he is, it's never mentioned.  And if he's half the bad guy they say he is, he should.  Kagero is the right-hand of the king, crown prince whatever, and Kotaro just has her in a cage, doing her no harm other than using her to try to get Hoshido to stop their continued attack on his nation.  If anything, Kotaro deserves commending for trying to end this hostility with as little bloodshed as possible.

78GlNee.jpg

I really don't see the problem here.  We just captured Gazak and are making him fight for us.

D568d3w.jpg

Why lie here?  You did nothing wrong, you took a hostile combatant as prisoner.  That has been a standard wartime practice for thousands of years.

li1QhMG.jpg

Rezzi what right do you have to lecture a sovereign allied leader about taking POWs.  Kagero wasn't some innocent civilian she's at best a high ranking soldier in Ryoma's army, and at the worst a spy.  The fact that she was only taken prisoner and not tortured, interrogated, and/or executed show a degree of civility on Kotaro's part.

Sx6G9iL.jpg57jq7rD.jpg

Why are you apologizing?  You did nothing wrong.  After defeating an enemy, your options are either

A: Kill them

B: Take them prisoner

C: Let them go

A is cruel unless under severe circumstances.  C is just stupid unless it's in exchange for concessions.  B is the most humane and logical choice.  Why is taking prisoners a bad thing in this game?  Is it just some cultural aspect of Nohr where they love killing people so much that somehow taking them prisoner instead just became a taboo somehow?

ks5ZErf.jpg

No, we just let them go so they can come and attack us again the next day.

7wSpPMT.jpg

Et tu Xander?

lVV0GEG.jpg

Go Kotaro!  Oh, wait we're on the other side.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't even think he should be S Supporting with everybody, just flesh him out a bit.  It would be nice to have some non-retainers get the spotlight sometimes.

But he looks too old to be paired with anyone!

Yeah, yeah it would. Remember when old units got good supports?

Okay, what noob sent our dancer out to solo the Ninja Cave?

HOe0NQD.jpg

Does this look like the face of mercy?

I assume Elise went with Azura, finished up and helped Camilla with what she had left, coming back with her.

She's not delica- wait, wrong blond woman who's a sibling to the main lord.

If anything, Kotaro deserves commending for trying to end this hostility with as little bloodshed as possible.

The unfun ride is well and truly in full swing. That being that Kotaro's being unfun in Corrin's eyes by not letting spies roam free to cause more trouble.

Thanks Fates Mangaka.

30 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

There is the matter of the Speedwing that you get if Saizo survives. Assuming Rezzy plans to go for it, that is. Which may not happen, seeing as this is an ironman run...

Which makes it a pity that the Witch's Mark was wasted on Nyx.

I don't why we don't just capture him at the beginning and take it.

Poor Nyx

8 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

I can feel @Levant Mir Celestia's hate-boner incoming all the way from New Jersey :XD:

It would be a shame to cap that Axe rank at B

So we still have more units than slots, so taking a look at the map ahead gives an idea of what we'll need.  There seem to be exclusively "Blue" and "Red" type weapons with no Axes or Bows at all.  This means our Sword and Tome locked units will be working against WTD or neutral at best, so we might let them sit out this time.

IUfWOtb.jpg

We will also want to bring as many healers as possible, since even if the daggers don't hit, they magically do damage to us.

In addition to Rezzi and Azura, who always come, we will bring Elise, Jakob, Forrest, and Niles, who can all heal.  Odin will come even though he uses Tomes, since he is spectacular.  Gazak, Arthur, Beruka, Selena, Camilla, and Effie will round out our group, since they can use WTA against these guys.  Yes, Effie is still around, although early promoting and generally poor level-ups have made her look crummy in everything except Strength and Defense.

DfVOQZG.jpg

We launch Operation Logjam by having Beruka and Niles set up to the north to draw the enemy hither.

Nj3hW1X.jpg

Nina picks up the Legos so no one steps on them.

lpD90Nq.jpg

After drawing the enemies in, we pounce.

TxFYp96.jpg

Vantage is annoying, but even a crit won't kill Jakob.

SggnHGb.jpg

Let's work on building that Sword rank.

05nbe2Z.jpg

Beruka's lack of Strength Level-ups is really starting to show.

urKIzmK.jpg

Hey, this guy has some pretty nice skills, I know we were just saying how horrible taking prisoners was, but do as I say, not as I do.

01MofZC.jpgUNQIj1r.jpg

Our map is starting to look like this.  The Dragon Veins can be used to switch the doors around, but I find it easier to just ignore them and use the choke points already up.

NnZyLwQ.jpg

Niles draws in a playmate.  Note that even a crit would not have killed Niles.

05rOphe.jpgRxUy4sy.jpg

Niles, what is it with you and bad level-ups?

We pile into the next section of the cave and bringing along 4 healers is working out nicely.

ypTAapN.jpg

We make a wall out of our bulkiest units.  Any time enemies have a choice of someone to silence, they go for Odin every time for some reason.

KaHoyY1.jpg

Time for a Gazak attack.

p9eIW4O.jpg

Saizo doesn't really follow our plan, but just decides to charge on in.

XaK4vhg.jpg

Gazak and Aunt Camilla enjoy some bonding time.

b6pO39w.jpg

The trick to not having Odin silenced is to pair him up and then unleash him on the next turn.

eKmsXzn.jpg

Beruka gets a good level-up, but she doesn't know how to level Strength.

ntgYYu0.jpg

That damage total is just getting sad now.

YpGw0z4.jpg

Odin goes forth into the next room with his wife.  Time for some exact damage.

7RGcsYe.jpg

Gazak has triple the damage output of Beruka.

mxsjWKc.jpg

At least she can be okay with WTA.

RfeIvCO.jpg

Or maybe not.

C2DCTYL.jpg

Beruka maxes out her level, having gotten Strength once in eleven chances.  I think she's -Atk nature.

InV0CEr.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Beruka maxes out her level, having gotten Strength once in eleven chances.  I think she's -Atk nature.

The curse returns... anyway, what are the odds of that?

24 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, yeah it would. Remember when old units got good supports?

The unfun ride is well and truly in full swing. That being that Kotaro's being unfun in Corrin's eyes by not letting spies roam free to cause more trouble.

Thanks Fates Mangaka.

Pepperridge Farm remembers.

How dare Kotaro not let spies just run around unchecked.  It's worked out so well for us in the past.

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

She has a 45% Strength growth, so she should have gotten roughly 5 Strength level-ups by now.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It would be a shame to cap that Axe rank at B

Why do you say this? Because there's practically nothing above B rank worth using.

7 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Pepperridge Farm remembers.

How dare Kotaro not let spies just run around unchecked.  It's worked out so well for us in the past.

She has a 45% Strength growth, so she should have gotten roughly 5 Strength level-ups by now.

About 1.4% to level 1 or less strength. If we take into account that Rezzy's playing though...

On 5/18/2018 at 9:11 PM, LordFrigid said:

I really like BKs myself. Maybe it's my Shurikenbreaker bias talking. If you really want Amaterasu, you can always have her dip Kinshi later. Though...depending on what you plan on doing, it might not be worth it. I only picked it up once on her, and it turned out to be nothing better than a trophy, because when Leo can wipe vast swaths of maps, you kinda stop caring about healing auras.

Personally, I find Amaterasu rather underwhelming for a level 15 skill - 20% aoe healing just isn't enough when 20% most likely turns out to be less healing than a vulnerary, which would no doubt be obsolete by then.

On 5/24/2018 at 2:47 PM, Rezzy said:

Hey, this guy has some pretty nice skills, I know we were just saying how horrible taking prisoners was, but do as I say, not as I do.

Glad you caught this guy (the one with Grisly Wound AND Movement+1 in the treasure room, right?).  He's doing pretty well on my prisoner playthrough.  Master Ninja is just a great class overall and the unique skills he has really compliments the ninja class tree.

9 minutes ago, CA Valkyrie said:

Glad you caught this guy (the one with Grisly Wound AND Movement+1 in the treasure room, right?).  He's doing pretty well on my prisoner playthrough.  Master Ninja is just a great class overall and the unique skills he has really compliments the ninja class tree.

I don't think it was, seeing as it was rather early, and second, the screenshot only showed the top screen, so I dunno what skills he had.

23 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Why do you say this? Because there's practically nothing above B rank worth using.

Someone's gotta use that Brave Axe.

22 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

brave axe is worth it

And what a Brave Man he is.

19 hours ago, Bartozio said:

About 1.4% to level 1 or less strength. If we take into account that Rezzy's playing though...

Pretty nice odds there.

16 hours ago, Michelaar said:

You're doing really well so far.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Personally, I find Amaterasu rather underwhelming for a level 15 skill - 20% aoe healing just isn't enough when 20% most likely turns out to be less healing than a vulnerary, which would no doubt be obsolete by then.

It's not great, but better than nothing, I suppose.

1 hour ago, CA Valkyrie said:

Not that guy, but stay tuned to see about him.

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I don't think it was, seeing as it was rather early, and second, the screenshot only showed the top screen, so I dunno what skills he had.

Nope, the first guy was just insurance in case the +1 Movement guy proved uncooperative.

22 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

brave axe is worth it

This! Is! Nerfta!

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Someone's gotta use that Brave Axe.

Omg teh nerfiness

In all seriousness, though, I think braves aren't worth it - 8000 gold for a weapon with iron level might and much lower accuracy AND hefty defense drops??? Count me out.

Nina inherited her dad's poor hit rate.

jU3oOXH.jpg

Time to recharge the ol' HP bar.

4xjLKu9.jpg

Nothing to see here, just Odin earning his reputation.

N148rll.jpg

At this time, a mob of reinforcements arrives to the northwest.  It's time like these that I'm glad we don't have ambush spawns in Fates.  The best man for the job is far to the southeast of here, but a quick dance by Azura lets him close the gap in one turn.  And I think I might have used Rescue here as well, but forgot to get a screenshot.

u3Q3Ve3.jpg

Arthur takes out one of the enemies Odin passed just now in Operation Odin Wall and levels up.  Not great, but he got Strength at least.

obwGREP.jpg

It would be a shame to let all those skills go to waste. @CA Valkyrie

wC3Nccf.jpgzkPnVvn.jpg

Note the positioning of Odin, preventing all the reinforcements from reaching our weaker party members.  Forrest moves up and tops off Odin to ready him for enemy phase.