Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

Gazak is holding the line down south, Odin having been called up north.

2BVZfNP.jpg

Initiate Operation Odin Wall.

9ktxjMq.jpg

Our honorable ally Saizo murders a defenseless healer in cold blood.

rBFs8WF.jpg

Selena takes out a creepy doll to level up.

rwCfe3O.jpghRF4UTx.jpgI5ljbJz.jpg

I guess I'm not only the mom of the Counting Gang, but also Selena now, too. @Arcanite@Anime27Arts@SullyMcGully@Septimius Severus@Rex Glacies@DefaultBeep@Bartozio@Infinite Dreams@Natalie et al, in case I forgot anyone.

We now try to storm all the reinforcements in one turn.

1dhWUq6.jpg?1JWhEOsY.jpgKptdmQJ.jpg

I wonder how RNG blessed my Odin has been.  Or maybe all my past ones were just RNG screwed.

Gazak and Saizo are laregly clearly out the southern room by themselves.

AlnBd4i.jpgB0WSakv.jpg

Gazak gets an okayish level-up.

1O4m3YP.jpg

The reinforcements cleared, we can regroup and push east.

z4np7VG.jpg

Meanwhile Leeroy Jenkins is getting himself in trouble by charging ahead by himself.

fg09Dwp.jpgIO3iNHl.jpgZzT8GPA.jpgWhrcmrF.jpg

Too bad letting Saizo die doesn't mean I don't have to face him as an enemy later.  This Ironrunner takes no responsibility for the Thanatos of Green Units.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This map provides ample opportunities for healing XP.

aT83aVS.jpg

Gazak paired with Camilla are left alone after Saizo red-shirted himself.

o9ADXoi.jpg

Forrest gets his first level-up and Jakob gets a level-up that makes Forrest's look good.

350Tbzh.jpgs3bEuoD.jpg

Gazak should write Ryoma a thank-you note for this club.

dkJa8Dv.jpg

Azura gets another Dance Level-up.  I think I've only used her in combat twice and by accident.

A5AVn3O.jpg

Gazak is looking very proud of himself, moving into enemy range to draw them in.

zd3VJZ9.jpg

This Life and Death Mechanist could give us a bad day, so Odin is going to put him out of our misery.

8WUmaoH.jpg

Moving just into the enemy range doesn't draw them towards us, so Arthur has to pull multiple enemies on one enemy phase.

Sle2wnR.jpgIPxItPj.jpgq9lP0Or.jpg

It's always a shame when the shield gauge blocks an attack that only would have done 2 damage anyway.

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I guess I'm not only the mom of the Counting Gang, but also Selena now, too. @Arcanite@Anime27Arts@SullyMcGully@Septimius Severus@Rex Glacies@DefaultBeep@Bartozio@Infinite Dreams@Natalie et al, in case I forgot anyone.

Perhaps it's the hair that reminds her of her own mother? You don't share exact hair colors, but it's not like she'll get to see her actual daughter-mom in this route, so I suppose she went for the next best option.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Perhaps it's the hair that reminds her of her own mother? You don't share exact hair colors, but it's not like she'll get to see her actual daughter-mom in this route, so I suppose she went for the next best option.

Maybe, though speaking of identical ancestors, but uncle showed me a picture of my great-grandparents at about my age, and if you didn't know better, you might have sworn it was a picture of me.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

:(

Sorry Nym, how could I forget you?  Forgive me, it was a long day.  I need a macro to tag all my friends.

LxnFo64.png?1

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Sorry Nym, how could I forget you?  Forgive me, it was a long day.  I need a macro to tag all my friends.

LxnFo64.png?1

You are forgiven :)

Just now, Nym said:

You are forgiven :)

Thanks, I always worry about missing someone when I tag like a dozen people.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks, I always worry about missing someone when I tag like a dozen people.

Don't worry I'm small, people tend to forget about me.

That awkward moment when you didn’t know Saizo gives you a Speedwing if he survives because you always get him taken out so he stops leeching your xp.

Holy guaca-freakin’-mole, I did not realize Gazak’s HP pool was that huge.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It would be a shame to let all those skills go to waste. @CA Valkyrie

Awesome job, Rezzy! For a captured generic he's not too shabby (let me know what his name is once you recruit him), plus you can never have too many ninjas.  Grisly Wound + Poison Strike is just too nasty.  And Movement +1 is a great skill on a  utility/range attacker unit.

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Gazak is holding the line down south, Odin having been called up north.

Good to see Gazak is motivated to prove himself to daddy Leo after finally being accepted.

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Our honorable ally Saizo murders a defenseless healer in cold blood.

rBFs8WF.jpg

Hoshidodans are the good guys here, I swear

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Selena takes out a creepy doll to level up.

I5ljbJz.jpg

I mean, you're everyones mom right?

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

JWhEOsY.jpgKptdmQJ.jpg

I wonder how RNG blessed my Odin has been.  Or maybe all my past ones were just RNG screwed.

Don't forget the statboosters though.

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

After all that tagging in the heroes pull topic, I was convinced you had one tbh.

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

RIP Saizo’s Speedwing, you shall be avenged.

(I’m an affiliated member of the Counting Gang too!.. I think.)

Welcome to the family.

10 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

That awkward moment when you didn’t know Saizo gives you a Speedwing if he survives because you always get him taken out so he stops leeching your xp.

Holy guaca-freakin’-mole, I did not realize Gazak’s HP pool was that huge.

I usually keep Saizo alive, but I didn't think a Speedwing was worth risking my units on.

He also got the +5HP skill when he leveled up, which is nice.

9 hours ago, CA Valkyrie said:

Awesome job, Rezzy! For a captured generic he's not too shabby (let me know what his name is once you recruit him), plus you can never have too many ninjas.  Grisly Wound + Poison Strike is just too nasty.  And Movement +1 is a great skill on a  utility/range attacker unit.

I'll let you know his name once he fills out his prisoner room and board paperwork.

6 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I see you have no problem taking prisoners.

Are we calling Rezzi a hypocrite?

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Good to see Gazak is motivated to prove himself to daddy Leo after finally being accepted.

Hoshidodans are the good guys here, I swear

I mean, you're everyones mom right?

Don't forget the statboosters though.

After all that tagging in the heroes pull topic, I was convinced you had one tbh.

Just like Rezzi, Gazak wants to prove himself to Daddy.

I suppose I am.

He's gotten a few stat boosters, but even without them, he's been getting pretty good level-ups for the most part.  I originally just wanted to make him usable.

2 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

hey I'm a counter to @Rezzy

Now I know how my grandmother, who had 9 children feels trying to name them all by rote.

Edited by Rezzy

It's nice to see Gazak can one-shot these guys.

y9MfmJ8.jpgYFoNoiF.jpg

I thought Gazak's growths were supposed to be good.

BT0gzDG.jpg

These guys are pretty beefy.  I'll need to get Arthur a better dagger.

rv0qeDV.jpg

Gazak got Gamble from his last level-up, which we may replace, since 10 crit still doesn't seem like a good trade for 10 hit.

OT8V9Jc.jpg

We get a free Master Seal, which will come in handy for one of the many units I have ready to promote.

tw7rWxj.jpg

Effie has really fallen behind the curve on damage output, but at least she can tank still.

LvLAnlO.jpg

At least she gets Strength, I suppose.  Too bad everything is bad.

0InLR2m.jpg

These guys can't take a hint and another batch of reinforcements arrive.  Too bad there's not a choke point to exploit this time.

WtPmiAi.jpgatU8NYo.jpg

Odin falls a bit short of being able to one-shot them.

ICBU8F2.jpg

We want to try to eliminate as many as possible before they can attack.

LRLh3Qc.jpg

Time to endure enema phase.

0K9tMOR.jpg75OZvfd.jpgTRRlPdO.jpggyDQ4mT.jpg

I wonder if the AI knows to make the weakest attack the one that gets blocked or if it's just a coincidence.

Time for Nina to get some XP.  At least she gets Speed.

JhwYEU0.jpg4ZVUz6m.jpg

Time to spread out the XP from all the weakened enemies.

BCSBmsd.jpgRi7Exr0.jpgKFUjH1m.jpgzI7MGND.jpg

Both of Camilla's level-ups have been pretty bad so far.  Hopefully this doesn't become a trend.

Let's take out this guy before he can reach us.

cKYGcqv.jpg3iJPY90.jpg

At least Rezzi is leveling nicely.

Effie keeps this ninja occupied while the rest of the party goes to meet the other batch of reinforcements.

arGHJE8.jpg

Odin leads the assault.

sx9qC72.jpggsJp8hI.jpg

Effie gets a much better level-up than last time.

AzaO3Id.jpg

We swarm in to take out the rest of the enemies.

AO2bgRm.jpgtY0oHYw.jpg

At least Bowfaire makes up for his woefully low offensive stats.

Gazak takes one for the team from this Swordmaster.  That crit chance is a bit scary.

6VKRito.jpgn5PSfvF.jpg

We try to give Camilla some XP.

0BLa8ks.jpg7bT1nbl.jpg

We reach the inner sanctum, wondering why Kotaro set up a throne in the back of some random cave.

bUaQ3gF.jpgYNqy3RO.jpg

Kotaro's bodyguards refuse to be drawn from their defensive formation, so we'll need to charge in.  We get an okay level-up from Arthur, but I would like to get some more Speed.

AYCdfW1.jpg9q5lpOv.jpg

We take out the last minion with Odin.

QzxlohW.jpg

All of them eliminated, we engage Kotaro.  Let this be a lesson that it is NEVER acceptable to take prisoners.

KAcOPxs.jpgUwA4m7g.jpg3UYBjsn.jpgThOt3rk.jpgywElOq9.jpgGPxhFNK.jpg

Kotaro's last thoughts are only of his nation and how he was trying to do the best for his people.  Now cracks a noble heart.  Goodnight, sweet prince, you were too good for this plot.

caNRwc4.jpg9KSnjKK.jpg

No thanks to you.  If you're not actually dead, cough up that Speedwing.

V9DmcYC.jpg

Probably because Saizo never actually told you.

yWQGKvb.jpg

"Now she's our prisoner!  We've got a cell set up and everything.  She can hang out with the two Ninjas we just caught."

lLzWThz.jpg

Traitor, you keep using that word.  I do not think it means what you think it means.  Rezzi was only escaping from a group that had kidnapped her to her rightful family.  Stockholm syndrome hadn't had time to set in yet.

HQUcaLO.jpg

The better question is, why didn't you take them prisoner?  Wait, does this mean that Kotaro is still alive?  Maybe he'll join our party!

Mb0wxrd.jpg

It's good to know that being beaten to within an inch of his life has not lodged the stick up the most distal portion of his large intestine loose.

So we just let Kagero and Saizo go.  So they can report right back to Ryoma and ruin any element of surprise we might have had.  Not even counting that we destroyed one of the few allies we had in this war.  Does Rezzi even want to win this war?  Azura doesn't appear much this chapter, but I think she had influence on this decision, since it is the course of action that will prolong this war for as long as possible.

@CA Valkyrie It looks like the Ninja's name is Kazuki.

znosysM.jpg

Chapter 17 Complete! (It's called Den of Betrayal, but it seems we're the ones doing the betraying.)

Deaths: None Saizo's Speedwing

New Units: Jinpei, Kazuki

...aaaaaaand my prediction gets broken. Decimated. Shattered, even. Good work, Rezzy.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

22 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Personally, I find Amaterasu rather underwhelming for a level 15 skill - 20% aoe healing just isn't enough when 20% most likely turns out to be less healing than a vulnerary, which would no doubt be obsolete by then.

Yeah, if you want it you might as well have it on Azura who 1. Has a healing skill on her as is, 2. is someone who wants to be a bit behind the front lines and 3. Has such low HP she wouldn't benefit from getting that healing anyway. 30% still isn't amazing for some units, but it is better than a vulnerary for quite a few and frees up their turn or might give them enough that a vulnerary with fully heal them. This of course ignores healing on other units (though that's far easier in Birthright).

15 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It would be a shame to let all those skills go to waste. @CA Valkyrie

wC3Nccf.jpg

That is a beautiful skillset to be working with in this game. Good to know he didn't just die.

26 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Kotaro's last thoughts are only of his nation and how he was trying to do the best for his people.  Now cracks a noble heart.  Goodnight, sweet prince, you were too good for this plot.

A flight of ninja sing he to his rest.

So, this went alright.

21 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

...aaaaaaand my prediction gets broken. Decimated. Shattered, even. Good work, Rezzy.

Thanks, I think all of the enemies having broken skills makes you more prepared for them.  It's when only a few of them do that it catches you by surprise.

Poison strike and the exclusive Wolfssenlger skill.

Man Conquest in a nushell with those cheeky skills.

Aww kinda bummed you didn't pick Shura for the Ninja R**e Cave.  They have a pretty epic battle conversation.  I so wish you could capture Kotaro :(

Only enemies worth capturing in Chapter 18 are the Generals guarding the Hoshidan Siblings.  They have Wary Fighter AND Warding Blow, and their stats are a little bit stronger than the other generic generals on the map.  Like Kazuki from Chapter 17, these dudes are really awesome prisoner units.  Shouldn't be a difficult capture since you can wait till you have most the map cleared out before fighting them.  Pretty boilerplate on how to take these guys out: whittle them down with Armorslayer/Hammer and Niles swoop in and capture with Shining Bow (my Niles did 0 damage to them with any other bow).  Mine turned out to be named Otto.  Big Otto as I like to call him!

2 hours ago, Nym said:

Poison strike and the exclusive Wolfssenlger skill.

Man Conquest in a nushell with those cheeky skills.

They like to cheat and use illegal skills.

2 hours ago, CA Valkyrie said:

Aww kinda bummed you didn't pick Shura for the Ninja R**e Cave.  They have a pretty epic battle conversation.  I so wish you could capture Kotaro :(

Only enemies worth capturing in Chapter 18 are the Generals guarding the Hoshidan Siblings.  They have Wary Fighter AND Warding Blow, and their stats are a little bit stronger than the other generic generals on the map.  Like Kazuki from Chapter 17, these dudes are really awesome prisoner units.  Shouldn't be a difficult capture since you can wait till you have most the map cleared out before fighting them.  Pretty boilerplate on how to take these guys out: whittle them down with Armorslayer/Hammer and Niles swoop in and capture with Shining Bow (my Niles did 0 damage to them with any other bow).  Mine turned out to be named Otto.  Big Otto as I like to call him!

Shura suffers from lack of supports options and not being Gazak.  Although if I start having lots of troop losses, he could still fill in later.

Next we will be doing Soleil's paralogue, since I believe this will be our last chance to recruit children before units start getting promoted.

Beruka has been running on nothing but fumes and favoritism, so she's going to need a boost to keep her spot on the roster.

XgWMNO2.jpg

We grab Trample for Beruka since it is both cheaper than Axefaire and will apply to Lances as well.

We are going to go for Wyvern Lord, since despite Beruka's best efforts, her Magic is still beyond salvaging.

IMXxaRU.jpgl4CzvyT.jpg

The plot here is refreshingly simple.  Bandits are attacking a town that Soleil is in.

hhJmVfp.jpg

Fire Emblem sure does love the word "dastard".

WNhYq6U.jpg

I don't know exactly what we're trying to say here.

7jm9w38.jpg

Very well.  This map, much like the last one, has a deficit of a unit color, but this time, there's no Blue weapon enemies, so Axe/Bow units, like Gazak won't get much advantage here.

Even though Beruka and Camilla use Axes, they also have flying mounts, which will be nice here.

MITx7oN.jpg

Rezzi and Laslow are force-deployed.  Azura is a given.  Leo, Camilla, and Beruka can fly.  Elise, Forrest, Jakob, and Niles can heal.  Ophelia and Selena are picked for the last roster spots.  Odin is wonderful, but he's starting to get over-leveled and wants to give his daughter a chance to shine.

xHIG6Bg.jpg

Somehow, Laslow's father's intuition lets him recognize his daughter from the outskirts of town through several buildings.  And with that, we shall start.