Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

51 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Odin should be able to activate dragon veins.

I forget how you get Fuga in Revelations.  Doesn't he show up after you get to Valla, too?  How does he even get there?

He takes over lvl3 hotspring from Izana-Sama

(He literally joins to bathe)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pengaius said:

I guess that harsh desert air makes him mighty grimy and sweaty.

3 hours ago, Pengaius said:

I also hate how they screwed over Scarlet in Rev

of course the best girl is Birthright only :(:

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

With all these Beruka's Axes we've been finding lying around, we give one of her children the super forged version of it.

BN6yAvK.jpg

Too bad it is a really crummy weapon, what with the severe downsides and the accuracy on top of those...

16 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

But Oboro and Reina are on Birthright and Revelation, and Selena and Beruka are on Conquest and Revelation ?

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

But Oboro and Reina are on Birthright and Revelation, and Selena and Beruka are on Conquest and revelation ?

Oof why did i forget them

but still why must Scarlet be screwed like that, is trade Fuga for Scarlet any day!

15 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I also hate how they screwed over Scarlet in Rev

I don't know why they felt the need to exclude characters from Rev, when it's supposed to be the definitive route.

14 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Too bad it is a really crummy weapon, what with the severe downsides and the accuracy on top of those...

It's a decent Killer Axe when forged. 

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

But Oboro and Reina are on Birthright and Revelation, and Selena and Beruka are on Conquest and revelation ?

Poor Mozu

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Never liked Mozu for some reason. 

Ah, unfortunate

It's time to buckle in for Fuga's Wild Wind Ride.

HklKRXX.jpg

We'll bring all the fliers we have available.  Nice we just got Shigure and Percy.

8Uvz4wJ.jpg

I'd like to know what magic causes the wind to shift in opposite directions every 6 seconds.

rRN06xc.jpg

For some reason, Fuga's troops are immune to the wind unless we activate the Dragon Veins.  Well, let's bring some of them down to us.

Igx1x7F.jpgQoDoOpE.jpg1cMp7pF.jpgSRP51KO.jpg

It's amazing how predictable Niles' level-ups have become.  It would be nice to get Stength or Magic.

Percy and Uncle Leo move to take out the

S2egsXq.jpgaQ2URRc.jpg

Shigure grabs Ophelia to hit the mages to the west.  Maybe I should get him Lancefaire.

WpHMgIU.jpg

Now for enemy phase.

fxYOC8V.jpgTqB3iXX.jpgp4v5zyj.jpghukJ4Su.jpg

Now to counter strike.  For some reason, the enemies that got moved down from the wind try to scramble back to their original positions rather than attack people in their range.  Oh well, guess that strategy won't work.

K98xCw1.jpgfPhGirj.jpg

After this phase, poor Forrest gets silenced.

C62LfhJ.jpg

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

After this phase, poor Forrest gets silenced.

C62LfhJ.jpg

Poor dear is so upset in his status portrait. Of course, no one likes suddenly becoming useless!

Some of the Falcon Knights begin moving south, so we need to take them out.  Unleash the archers!

KaIbZuk.jpgMaliLy1.jpg

We may have to do some tanking, so Xander and Camilla team up.  Hyato has a Hexing Rod, so we'll need to avoid that at all costs.

WXHG6aX.jpg

Our first daring gambit is going to be sending our widdle dwagon up into the group of enemies to the northeast.  Sadly, we don't have quite enough attack power to one-shot any of them.  I don't like doing this, but the fliers outright refuse to leave their advantageous position and be baited.

W3RhKId.jpg

Time to send a prayer to Beruka and hope for the best this enemy phase.

K5s7Gpa.jpgHJp2IOt.jpgws8Tq7x.jpggMHuBxb.jpg3GH7aj9.jpg

Beruka sends some love to her son Kana, with a good level-up.

v6edUxz.jpg

Wow, I thought he was out of their range.  Thankfully, he survives, albeit barely.

wfnA32k.jpgPeSw4Bb.jpg

Leave my boy alone!

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Poor dear is so upset in his status portrait. Of course, no one likes suddenly becoming useless!

I really wish they had Restore Staves in Fates.  At least Silence only lasts one round.

Uncle Leo has to mount a daring rescue of his nephew.  If this misses, this may turn out very badly.

gV6b3q2.jpg

Thankfully, we hit, allowing Kana to take out the other Kinshi Knight.

RBtoOTI.jpg

For now, we return to the west.

q7am9R5.jpgyvn7U5B.jpgTCgvGgU.jpg

Not as great a level as I would have hoped.

We aren't out of the woods yet back east.  Thankfully, this guy does no damage to us.

jbItmgI.jpg

But this guy does...

MIkNzt0.jpgkc0Qrdo.jpg

Strength and Magic are always nice.

This priestess needs to die.  Also, why don't we get access to these 1-2 range bows?  They certainly could come in handy.

9Rg6pHS.jpghnY2qD9.jpgKWJ8s9B.jpgkn9rCg1.jpg

How does that guy see with that mask covering his eyes?  Maybe that's why he's only got a 45% hit chance with WTA.

We can finally breathe a little easier, with Leo having successfully rescued his reckless nephew.

tyR2Bby.jpgtPlkydV.jpg

Yay, good level for Leo!

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I really wish they had Restore Staves in Fates.  At least Silence only lasts one round.

Hexing rods are a crime against humanity. And dragonity. And furrity… but those should be killed anyway. Anyone caught in possession of a hexing rod (unless they are on our side) must be punished by death, death, and several more deaths.

Also, why don't we get access to these 1-2 range bows?  They certainly could come in handy.

I’d reckon the reason would be “because fuck you”.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hexing rods are a crime against humanity. And dragonity. And furrity… but those should be killed anyway. Anyone caught in possession of a hexing rod (unless they are on our side) must be punished by death, death, and several more deaths.

I’d reckon the reason would be “because fuck you”.

He has to be smack dab in the middle of the map, too.

That seems to be a common reason in Fates.

Time for some good old fashioned Odin.

NrfFL4R.jpg

And Nina opens the eastern chest.

rDoQs2H.jpg

Oh, we've already got one.

Too bad it can't be forged.

Time for the nostanking.

xCnWaAn.jpg

Thankfully, we've got our shield gauge full.

rQxwswg.jpgfB9PyHf.jpg4GgYQYN.jpg

And some reinforcements decide to show up.  Time to terminate them with extreme prejudice.

pvfCBQR.jpg

And we still need to finish the guys up by the chest.

JoaIJ1N.jpgeogptlx.jpg

Nearly perfect level up for your boy, @Infinite Dreams

0frhdHm.jpgwx1lYti.jpg

Magic and Speed always makes me happy.

This better hit.  Shigure, why do you have such an issue hitting anything?

MyKjBRL.jpgtfQLMej.jpg

Thankfully, our successful kill gives Percy a decent level-up, though the curse of Beruka continues.

It seems we have passed the threshold of just barely killing everybody to just barely not killing everybody.

nYzmCHd.jpgVqHvZiJ.jpgwI6oxeS.jpg

That should help quite nicely with Nostanking.  As long as he's not getting doubled himself, Speed isn't too much of an issue for him.

qP1glv5.jpg

Time to finally get around to opening this chest of the west.

tmYHzpS.jpg

This may come in handy, but since you get so few uses, I'll have to use them carefully.

NqV9ea2.jpg

We are now in this position.  Hyato and his Hexing Rod are keeping us from safely passing into the whole center region of the map.  We've given it a wide berth so far, but we've have to figure out some way to move forward now.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

He has to be smack dab in the middle of the map, too.

Hayato doesn’t join in Conquest, does he?
Because otherwise I would have suggested killing him off in a particularly gruesome manner involving some stoneborn. Or Azama’s hexing rod in Hinoka’s chapter. And then murdering Azama several times. Too bad you can’t resurrect enemies. Then again, it might have been a good thing. For the enemies, of course. Because fuck Azama. Fuck that guy.

Nearly perfect level up for your boy, @Infinite Dreams

I wonder if Laslow even has Mag growth for that level-up to not be considered perfect.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

This better hit.  Shigure, why do you have such an issue hitting anything?

Shigure is a Disney princess. Are Disney princesses supposed to harm living stuff?

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hayato doesn’t join in Conquest, does he?
Because otherwise I would have suggested killing him off in a particularly gruesome manner involving some stoneborn. Or Azama’s hexing rod in Hinoka’s chapter. And then murdering Azama several times. Too bad you can’t resurrect enemies. Then again, it might have been a good thing. For the enemies, of course. Because fuck Azama. Fuck that guy.

I wonder if Laslow even has Mag growth for that level-up to not be considered perfect.

Shigure is a Disney princess. Are Disney princesses supposed to harm living stuff?

Nope, he doesn't join, but I don't know why.  His joining wouldn't be any less arbitrary here than in the other routes.

Checking the growths page, no Laslow has no Magic growth and neither does Bow Knight.

Mulan does have a body count.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It's a decent Killer Axe when forged.

Except the -20 crit evade, the being easier to double, and the accuracy still combine to make a bad weapon. Which makes me think that I don't think that word means what you think it means...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Except the -20 crit evade, the being easier to double, and the accuracy still combine to make a bad weapon. Which makes me think that I don't think that word means what you think it means...

Decent enough for certain situations.

We get our eastern flank blown up onto Fuga's platform.  Thankfully, Odin can take out this priestess in one round.

b5RdxKO.jpgWhkZsBJ.jpguPjOk0J.jpg

And one of them gets through to our Dancer.  I'm really glad I gave her that Seraph Robe was back when.

7pKHw9c.jpg

Well we survived that round, let's go again.

cDPtwCQ.jpgg6Ei7PN.jpgC5InXyO.jpg

Meanwhile back on the western team.

dkCVTCA.jpgOemf31j.jpg

We've got some pegs to take care of, Hyato is a real thorn in our side.

NcNPYoI.jpg

We're going to get blown up anyway, so we move forward to take out the ones that flew into our range.

As an insurance policy, we move to take out Fuga, if things get too hairy, we can end the map early.

os6BVhX.jpgTwKb6GR.jpgF9aAApS.jpg

Fuga is no match for Leo.

CImqj5f.jpgqxsJJ7h.jpg

We could Seize now if we wanted to, but we won't.  There's one more chest and a Hexing Rod that needs punished.

wTv6QVF.jpg

Shigure dodges a hit and the wind blows him up to the northwestern platform.  I don't think this place is OSHA compliant.

k50fCJ1.jpg2Cz88iX.jpgaT4Fxkv.jpg

At least that Skill helps with his shaky hit rates.

pX00YaJ.jpg35je3eQ.jpgLJ2t5v7.jpgoiwvRwu.jpgCdb98K9.jpg4b7Q4wB.jpg

Seeing Rend Heaven Proc always makes me smile.  And a nearly perfect level up for Xander, too.  I guess he copied his retainer.

Now it's our turn to get hit.

31kCTbm.jpg5KsHTCL.jpg

And now to hit them back.  I wonder why they keep fighting when we've beaten Fuga.

f0t4rO5.jpgd2PKbmt.jpg3fgjuD3.jpg

Speed is always nice and the bulk never hurts.

AaRBAFY.jpgZHFgIQP.jpg

Apart from Strength being pretty useless, this will help us hit a bit more often, 3% more often to be precise.

JchiEzp.jpgyTqiStA.jpg

I sometimes forget the Beast Killer works on Pegasi.

These guys have Axe Breaker for some reason.  At least we have a Lance.

qEd4Poa.jpgs4hHtxi.jpgchdRT4a.jpg

Camilla got hit with the Hexing Rod, but at least we finally have a 100% hit rate with Shigure.  I feel Skill is undervalued as a stat.

6 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I feel that with skill to

I don't know why people always say you should just sell the Secret Books.

Hayato is an annoying little ragamuffin.  He's hit Camilla and Percy with the Hexing Rod and he has Vantage, which will make killing him tricky.  I'd feel bad about murdering a child here, but he insists he's not a child.

kLwkjN0.jpgVAxyNqf.jpg

I don't think you properly understand the severity of this situation.  We've gone past the point where the writers go out of their way to say we've not been killing people.

We're going to have to eat a hit here, but thankfully Rezzi can handle it.

iYlWj9v.jpgbMZ1W9q.jpg

Hey, don't blame me, blame the writers.

ki0vvLx.jpgLlMo905.jpg

Hayato procs Luna, because of course he does, so we respond in kind and offer a brutally unnecessary Dragon Fang.  And how are you surprised at how strong I am.  I'm a frickin' manakete and even my ten year old son has been killing your soldiers left and right.

FnPQvYM.jpg

First Hayato hxes my HP, then he hexes my level-up.  I know I said I liked Skill, but I would have liked to get a bit more than that.

Now we have only the last few soldiers on the bridge to kill to prove how great we are, because nothing says divinely sanctioned ruler like needless murder.

pKM8cSS.jpgEcEFfSm.jpgqlFb287.jpg

We will file this level-up into the "At Least It's Something" folder.

It's nice how well Laslow does with E bows.

X1oK12D.jpgU3DjVRi.jpgIXeWtdH.jpg

We don't want to forget to loot Fuga's treasury.

8jcoWay.jpg

Fuga was right to trust us in moving through his territory.  Hopefully he wasn't planning to use that money to install railings up here.

PFKlfFc.jpg

I wish Azura stopped taking all the good level-ups.  Really, if her Strength and Skill were zero, I'd be fine with that.  That 32 Skill has come in real handy for the three times she's seen combat.

To add insult to injury, I let my fourteen year old daughter be the one to sit on Fuga's throne.

nE4W9uN.jpgQ5SePdz.jpg

I guess Fuga didn't die after all.  He doesn't seem to concerned about all the other dead bodies, though.

b6iLJCX.jpg

"Thank you, they are loyal, because they are too afraid to oppose me."

pwBEZMB.jpg

It's a divine blade, but I guess they never said it was a benevolent god.

iqKhR9P.jpg

"Yes, I embrace my fate. Now I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds."

fDQCdg2.jpg

"Yes, we shall leave no survivors."

4FLWu2U.jpg

"Maybe we should bring Lilith along to the next fight.  She's just been loafing around at the castle and hasn't been pulling her weight."

And Chapter 20 Complete!

Deaths: None

New Units: None

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Decent enough for certain situations.

Like when? Because empty words will get you nowhere with me.

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Like when? Because empty words will get you nowhere with me.

Higher mt, crit, and no penalty to regular avoid, with only 5 less hit 

crit avoid not so much 

25 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Higher mt, crit, and no penalty to regular avoid, with only 5 less hit 

crit avoid not so much 

And if it's given to a high skill unit(which you'll want for as high a crit as possible) the hit penalty is negligible and the speed nerf can be ignored by units with wary fighter, darting blow, or have a ton of speed

(also potentially infinite in number, take that 3-4 killer axes a run cuz shop limitations, it's even available right off the bat and doesn't require a shop upgrade to obtain)

It also has blood on it, ooooooohhh spooooky