Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

36 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Like when? Because empty words will get you nowhere with me.

It's not the only Axe I'd carry, but when you don't double anyway, that extra damage can be the difference between killing and not, like with Percy against the Spear Master.

31 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Higher mt, crit, and no penalty to regular avoid, with only 5 less hit 

crit avoid not so much 

Percy's personal skill helps with that a bit.

5 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

And if it's given to a high skill unit(which you'll want for as high a crit as possible) the hit penalty is negligible and the speed nerf can be ignored by units with wary fighter, darting blow, or have a ton of speed

(also potentially infinite in number, take that 3-4 killer axes a run cuz shop limitations, it's even available right off the bat and doesn't require a shop upgrade to obtain)

It also has blood on it, ooooooohhh spooooky

It's also Beruka's blood too.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'd like to know what magic causes the wind to shift in opposite directions every 6 seconds.

The magic of being fierce gusty.

15 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Poor dear is so upset in his status portrait. Of course, no one likes suddenly becoming useless!

Least Jakob isn't his dad.

8 hours ago, Rezzy said:

It's a divine blade, but I guess they never said it was a benevolent god.

Considering who made it at the time, yeah.

Either way, the staircase is next. The one that's going to be climbed up despite the fact that Hoshido is downstairs.

Conquest everybody. Least it'll be the end of the unfun ride.

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

wx1lYti.jpg

tfQLMej.jpg

qlFb287.jpg

13 hours ago, Rezzy said:

aT4Fxkv.jpg

ZHFgIQP.jpg

19 hours ago, Rezzy said:

.3GH7aj9.jpg

Beruka sends some love to her son Kana, with a good level-up.

19 hours ago, Rezzy said:

TCgvGgU.jpg

kc0Qrdo.jpg

Problem with Beruka being every second gen unit's mother is that she seems to have passed on the strength curse. Only Nina and Ophelia bothered to get any, and only one of them will use it.

That Ophelia is looking Class.

That Nina...not so much...

Best physical defense in your army on a unit that can't tank bows @ Percy. Good job.

Edited by Shoblongoo

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

VAxyNqf.jpg

I don't think you properly understand the severity of this situation.  We've gone past the point where the writers go out of their way to say we've not been killing people.

I just lost it here. Too funny XD 

This chapter can be such a pain to deal with but I'm glad you were able to get through it without any casualties. I'm curious to see how you'll deal with the next chapter though. 

19 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Higher mt, crit, and no penalty to regular avoid, with only 5 less hit 

crit avoid not so much 

Yeah, never mind the severe downsides that can be significant if the RNG goes against you... Which it can and will.

18 hours ago, Pengaius said:

And if it's given to a high skill unit(which you'll want for as high a crit as possible) the hit penalty is negligible and the speed nerf can be ignored by units with wary fighter, darting blow, or have a ton of speed

(also potentially infinite in number, take that 3-4 killer axes a run cuz shop limitations, it's even available right off the bat and doesn't require a shop upgrade to obtain)

It also has blood on it, ooooooohhh spooooky

Axes and high skill units are two things that aren't exactly known for being used in the same sentence... Also, Darting Blow won't help against the speed buff to enemies. And the only fast axe users are either Camilla or they're junk.

18 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Percy's personal skill helps with that a bit.

Not by enough. Especially for Percy himself.

14 hours ago, Dayni said:

The magic of being fierce gusty.

Least Jakob isn't his dad.

Considering who made it at the time, yeah.

Either way, the staircase is next. The one that's going to be climbed up despite the fact that Hoshido is downstairs.

Conquest everybody. Least it'll be the end of the unfun ride.

I imagine Jakob's school of parenting is a bit like this.

Wait, don't we go uphill on the Eternal Stairway in Birthright?

10 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

Problem with Beruka being every second gen unit's mother is that she seems to have passed on the strength curse. Only Nina and Ophelia bothered to get any, and only one of them will use it.

It's funny, but it seems the -Atk curse has carried over.  And Nina's Strength isn't exactly anything to write home about, either.

10 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

That Ophelia is looking Class.

That Nina...not so much...

Best physical defense in your army on a unit that can't tank bows @ Percy. Good job.

Nina has to follow in her mother's footsteps of being an RNG screwed disappointment.

8 hours ago, Black Zero said:

I just lost it here. Too funny XD 

This chapter can be such a pain to deal with but I'm glad you were able to get through it without any casualties. I'm curious to see how you'll deal with the next chapter though. 

The logistics of dealing non-lethal damage to every enemy units in combat was always baffling.

Yeah, this was one chapter I was really worried about.  Any time wind is involved, it makes me really nervous for some reason.  I'm dreading Hinoka's.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Yeah, never mind the severe downsides that can be significant if the RNG goes against you... Which it can and will.

Axes and high skill units are two things that aren't exactly known for being used in the same sentence... Also, Darting Blow won't help against the speed buff to enemies. And the only fast axe users are either Camilla or they're junk.

Not by enough. Especially for Percy himself.

A little risk is always involved.  Had I not used the Axe there, we would have left one more enemy alive, which could have killed us in enemy phase.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

The logistics of dealing non-lethal damage to every enemy units in combat was always baffling.

Yeah, this was one chapter I was really worried about.  Any time wind is involved, it makes me really nervous for some reason.  I'm dreading Hinoka's.

Especially the way they scream when they are killed... you'd think it would be their death cry or something. 

You lose control of your own movement, which is one of the most basic fundamental tools of the game. So I get why you feel uneasy about it, it makes me feel that way too.

Ughh I just finished that map on my own run not too long ago. Got stuck on it for a few days... I found a lot of success in patience and keeping my units closely together. Also the Freeze staff and the bowbreaker skill was very helpful! 

On 6/18/2018 at 10:44 PM, Black Zero said:

Especially the way they scream when they are killed... you'd think it would be their death cry or something. 

You lose control of your own movement, which is one of the most basic fundamental tools of the game. So I get why you feel uneasy about it, it makes me feel that way too.

Ughh I just finished that map on my own run not too long ago. Got stuck on it for a few days... I found a lot of success in patience and keeping my units closely together. Also the Freeze staff and the bowbreaker skill was very helpful! 

We are tickling them pretty hard.

That's probably why I'm uneasy about them.  Eternal Staircase may be hard, but it doesn't give me the same sense of dread.  Ugh Hinoka's map.  I think Azama has a Hexing Rod, too.

I hope to update again soon.  Work has been crazy busy lately, so I haven't had much time for Fire Emblem the last couple weeks.

33 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

So what is the strategy going to be for the next chapter?

I'll be stacking units with Royal blood and try to remember to bring my holy weapons.  I want to give Shigure Lancefaire, since I imagine he'll be very useful next map.  I also have an Energy Drop that I should probably give to somebody soon.  I'm thinking maybe Shigure, since he's my only bona fide Lance user right now.

An open request to anyone with a North American Castle.  I would like to get Lancefaire for Shigure.  If I'm not able to find it, I can settle for another skill on him, but since I plan to keep him Lance Locked, Lancefaire would be the best option for him.

A massive shout-out to @LordFrigid for Shigure with Lancefaire.  I will pick it up as soon as I can visit again.

We join Xander being a massive hypocrite.

sBB6cr4.jpg

Oh, so now taking prisoners is okay?  We have just enough spaces for each member of the Hoshidan royal family, too.

I think Xander was here, because he was just giving the fifth degree to his retainer.

fTd6M6d.jpg

@Infinite Dreams And he's married now, too.  I wonder what Selena would think.  Maybe she's the one who told Xander.

JeViLkK.jpg

@Vaximillian@Arcanite I see that Odin plays World of Warcraft, too.

nZm63va.jpg

Wow, I think this is the first time I've ever gotten a stat booster from the lottery.  Now I have to decide who to give it to.  My top two candidates are Xander and Kana.  They're both pretty good at tanking physical attacks, but that extra +2 Def makes a big difference, when they're taking 3+ enemies in a single round.

Thanks to @DisobeyedCargo for your plug on you Pokemon Nuzlocke.  I find your nickname for female Machop quite appropriate.

We do some last bit of preparation before heading out.

Selena must be very insecure. @DisobeyedCargo

2grmd1b.jpg

Well, considering you're the only one left.

ihbgu1n.jpg

Beruka's body isn't even cold yet.

sEQGyiR.jpg

I'm beginning to think Selenda may have had a hand in Beruka's death.

fVI5QlG.jpg

I guess being the second favorite of Cordelia's has really given Selena an inferiority complex.

WR3LKMb.jpg

Or maybe Beruka was planning to leave Camilla.

Back at the jail, Xander decides that since Justice is an Illusion, imprisonment is pointless, and our ninja friend is let out of pokey.

Lf2SHM9.jpg

And thanks to LordFrigid, we finally get Lancefaire on Shigure.

RwSAVaJ.jpg

I was literally holding off on starting the next chapter for this.  I think he'll be a big asset there.

14 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I'm interested to see how you deal with the Stoneborn. Feel free to let me know if you have any other skill requests. And congrats on that Dracoshield from the Lottery Shop!

Will do?

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'd almost say I have that Shigure from a castle.

Except I'm on the European My Castle section so of course I don't.

It's a shame that American and European castles can't visit each other.  I see no real reason why they can't.

We check in to see Iago, and he's busy monologuing.  Since Zola's plan to knock out Iago's main competition for the best hair award failed, he seems to be in a bad mood.

Waxzh6M.jpg

Do you even want to win this war?  Between our releasing the leaders of the opposing army at every opportunity, our attacking our own allies, and Iago's sabotaging our efforts, it's a miracle we've made it this far.

KSWg4Kd.jpg

Turtling, my man, turtling

6CBRIdi.jpg

Everyone forgets about Beruka.

dHP4IHC.jpg

But we've started killing people!  We even genocided a whole Kitsune village, shouldn't Daddy Garon be happy about that?

KVQFztT.jpg

Shouldn't the stairs go down if they're leading to hell?

XDcls9L.jpg

I think people are taking bets on how many units I'll lose next chapter.

u1CVFy1.jpg

This man seriously needs a hobby.

7OqaDL7.jpg

So is this like the Spanish Steps of Rome or is this supposed to be a natural formation? @Septimius Severus

lNfuKHm.jpg

I'm not super familiar with the Fatesland map, but doesn't Hoshido have a pretty long coastline on its eastern and possibly southern boarders?  Why can't we just land a navy there?

hvWbB3l.jpgG6STeim.jpg

I accept their surrender.

pMt7jRn.jpgX1E9QlD.jpg

How did the Faceless get here?  Were they airdropped by the Royal Wyvern Brigade?

qCqWy0F.jpg

I guess they were sent by Gharnef.

IdDdasb.pngpWUEkOi.jpg

Oh, so they're reinforcements from Daddy Garon, but two questions?

1: How did they get here?

2: Why don't we have anyone who can control these guys?  Shouldn't Leo have learned some spell to control these guys in Dark Mage School?

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Shouldn't Leo have learned some spell to control these guys in Dark Mage School?

Spoiler

In Birthright Leo seemed to have no trouble controlling Faceless so maybe it's just that you can't take control of another person's faceless.

24 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

How did they get here?

Guessing Iago warped them in as a present, must've forgotten to wrap it up though.

So we have a few stat boosters to dish out.

p2PjFLj.jpg

Kana has been putting in good work as a tank, and an extra 2 points of mitigation per attack would be really nice.

uq8KLlK.jpg

Shigure is our only real Lance unit, so he really needs some help in that Strength score.

jD9LU4Y.jpg

I've noticed that Leo's hit rates have been a little shaky, so bumping up his skill would be nice.  That extra 4% hit makes a big difference.

This is another map where the Dragon Veins are essential, so we stack our team up with Royal Blood again, and those who aren't royal at least have a monster effective weapon.

XiJc69k.jpg

One last order of business is getting ourselves another flier for this map.

5d1lt3B.jpg

Rezzi is a good candidate, for three reasons.

1: We have a Friendship seal in our inventory, and she's gotten an A Support with Big Sis Camilla.

2: I like Savage Blow.

3: We don't use Dragonstones on Rezzi that much, and Tomes are the best weapon type.

And we can always switch back later.

68Pb9lJ.jpg

We've got our group all lined up and ready to go.

5 minutes ago, deskita said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In Birthright Leo seemed to have no trouble controlling Faceless so maybe it's just that you can't take control of another person's faceless.

Guessing Iago warped them in as a present, must've forgotten to wrap it up though.

It seems like being able to warp in Faceless behins enemy lines should be used as a tactic more often than it has.  Why not just have hundreds of them spawn in the capital of Hoshido?

I forget, did Camilla pick up Savage Blow before going Wyvern Lord?

Anyway, that team looks pretty good; lots of mobility. 3 flying tomes should be effective at keeping everyone safe from the Stoneborn, if Camilla has Savage Blow for damage, and to give Leo the bonus from his personal. I think he can get off an OHKO with that...Bolt Axe Elise can, and I think he hits comparable damage numbers with the setup you gave him.

Edited by LordFrigid

3 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Anyway, that team looks pretty good; lots of mobility. 3 flying tomes should be effective at keeping everyone safe from the Stoneborn, if Camilla has Savage Blow for damage, and to give Leo the bonus from his personal. I think he can get off an OHKO with that...Bolt Axe Elise can, and I think he hits comparable damage numbers with the setup you gave him.

Camilla does indeed have Savage Blow.  If I have the spare money, I might switch her back close to level 15, so she can get Trample.  Her damage output is a tad lower than I would like.

Time to for the Stairmaster.  Our core of fliers will be responsible for setting our pace.

YbTsyYI.jpg

Wow, these guys are beefy.  I'd have hoped the effective weapons would be a bit more effective.

GDZClwd.jpg

Being able to one-round these guys is so satisfying.

6PlQZoK.jpg

And Leo can fly up to finish off the other Stoneborn threatening our starting position.

o5QOdBT.jpg

We can't quite kill this Faceless all by his lonesome, but when Bob the Faceless hits back on enemy phase, we'll finish him off.

uMI7EtZ.jpg

I'm glad I invested in Shigure, I'm scared what his damage output would be if I hadn't.

BDrvewj.jpg

Time to freeze these guys so we don't have to deal with enemy phase too much, and since we're moving up, if we don't use it now, it will be wasted anyway.

XSJ5xgw.jpg

Not to self: Camilla really needs Trample.

xzA5aBt.jpg

These effective weapons are disappointing me more than Dwyer disappoints Jakob.

s359f2J.jpg

And right on cue, Bob the Faceless suicides into Percy.

SFpmtOC.jpg

And the first wave of reinforcements arrives.  They have a skill which is basically a big F-U to those trying to grind.  I imagine Iago went out of his way to put this "Skill" onto his minions.  He's probably back at the castle laughing his oily backside off about how much suffering he will inflict on Rezzi by depriving her of XP.  This man is evil.

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It seems like being able to warp in Faceless behins enemy lines should be used as a tactic more often than it has.  Why not just have hundreds of them spawn in the capital of Hoshido?

Probably a proximity thing. If you need to be relatively close to the capital for it to work chances are it won't.

18 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

>3 flying tomes

>only Rezzi and Leo are in flying tome classes

...???

19 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

These effective weapons are disappointing me more than Dwyer disappoints Jakob.

I've never liked the Kris Knife, tbh. Its Mt is meh and Faceless/Stoneborn have real Def stats. Pegs and Foxes at least have low enough Def that Hunter's Knives will put a good dent in them.

Blessed Bow is KOing the Faceless, at least. That's pretty valuable until you get to the ones on the RHS of the penultimate platform.

17 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

>3 flying tomes

>only Rezzi and Leo are in flying tome classes

...???

I was confusing my usual setup with the one she has here. Whoops.