Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

7 minutes ago, CA Valkyrie said:

This is basically the layout of my own prisoner run.  Rules are based of what other players did and some are my own added stipulations. Logbook was not used.

Rules and Preparation:

- Lunatic Difficulty, Non-Ironman

- The only story units allowed are Corrin, Niles, and Azura.  Other story units can be used on their join chapter, but must be benched afterwards IF prisoners can fill deployment slots.

- The prison must be built after Chapter 8. The roster must increase at a rate of 2 prisoners per chapter until all deployment slots are occupied by only prisoners and the Big 3. Chapter 13 should be the first Chapter with where this takes effect.  And suffice to say this chapter sucks really hard.

- No DLC Classes/Skills allowed (sorry Aether).

- Skill buying for Corrin and Niles is not allowed. 

- But skill buying for Azura is okay since I want to keep her as a dancer at all times.  I will limit the allowable skills to the troubadour and sky knight class lines.  She will also be the only unit entitled to the Boots.

- Castle visits for shops/armory/forging/resources are fine.  Visitor reward items are as well. 

- DLC Maps are okay for the purposes of support grinding.  Gen 1 units can be support-grinded if their child provides a paralogue with capturable enemies.  Boo Camp and Ghostly Gold are permissible if you really hit a wall.

(My Boon/Bane and marriage choices.  Yours may vary)

- I used a +Mag/-Luck Male Corrin with Diviner Talent.  He married Nyx for the dark mage class line.

- Niles married Mozu for the archer class line.

It is quite the challenge but still very fun!  Probably the most fun I had playing Fates.  Rules aren't set in stone.  Feel free to tweak some or add your own, whatever gives you the most entertaining experience! :D:

Sounds fun, I might try it someday when I feel like coming back to Conquest.  I feel when I do limit runs, I have to share them somehow, otherwise, I just play to minmax most of the time.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it looks like some more friends have decided to join us.

o2LePlq.jpg

This looks like a job for Xander.

H81kTox.jpg

These guys have the annoying combination of being archers and having counter.  This might not be too big of a problem in a vacuum, but with the nerf to 1-2 range weapons, it can be hard to have enough units to hit these guys at 2 range, since the counter damage is often more than they deal on their own.

0aIFs41.jpgFWa3Pzy.jpgfo4opEf.jpg

And then we'll dance so Ophelia can go again.

Wphb56B.jpgXqIUAUH.jpg

I remember wondering to myself what Ophelia's magic cap is.

SiWkoCt.jpg

Now doesn't that look beautiful?

yJtFZjj.jpg

No time to rest on our laurels, though, we still have enemies advancing.

jzSaDRB.jpgrOw5PmZ.jpg

Nina really relies on that crit to do any damage.

9WrNc2d.jpg

Let's see how they like a taste of their own medicine.

cStprJN.jpgSBTD6co.jpg

No magic to honor his late mother Beruka is a bit disappointing, but otherwise, a very nice level-up.  I'm half tempted to give him the next Goddess Icon, but wonder if that Luck stat is beyond help at this point.

qF5xT21.jpgIN1C5tl.jpg

Who's a good boy?  Mama's little merciless engine of destruction, yes you are!

5XRFRYl.jpg8b8g6zG.jpg

At this point we have a sort of tank wall, while making sure to keep our more vulnerable units far back.  The guys ahead have Lunge, which is probably one of my most despised skills, right after Void Curse.

ZBR2TO3.jpg

And they go for my boy Kana.  How does lunging with a projectile weapon even work?  Are they like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat?  That only works if they yell "Get Over Here!"

9bxEYWF.jpgRNPJd6o.jpg

I think Kana actually is the one who takes the least damage from these guys, but I guess since he can't retaliate at range, they decided to go for him.

hDSGJvo.jpg

And Kana got all the way heck over by the forts, but thankfully them breaking our line didn't do any lasting damage.

4PVb5LE.jpgGwJE5yI.jpgtO7TdFv.jpgb6xZWqm.jpg

More so than any other weapon, shuriken don't seem as OP when you can't grind and every point of damage matters.  When you deal significant damage with all weapons, the 1-2 range and debuffs really make them seem better than they've been for me this run.

82UuZ8W.jpg

Better hope that 6% chance doesn't let him triple his damage on us.

YfDi8UG.jpg

I believe I stated my intentions earlier, but since we've finally reached a point where it's not "every player attack matters", we'll go ahead and let Camilla take a dip in Malig Knight to pick up Trample.

LqAv3X8.jpg

Not pictured: Way too many turns ferrying all my units across the chasm.  I am not charging face first into Mr Fury's little posse over there.

You will also notice that the two eastern most stairs have soldiers standing on top of them, which for some reason prevents us from climbing them.  One would think we could give them the Edward II treatment by charging up with a Lance, but I guess we're too polite for that.

Well, well... How do you plan to get through THAT??? Me, I'd just not play ball and instead cheese the Basaras with Spy weaponry, but that's not an option for you, is it...

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Well, well... How do you plan to get through THAT??? Me, I'd just not play ball and instead cheese the Basaras with Spy weaponry, but that's not an option for you, is it...

I thought I'd take a page out of William the Bastard's book in the Battle of Hastings in 1066. @Julius Nepos@Natalie

19 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Better hope that 6% chance doesn't let him triple his damage on us.

I think that unlike in past FE games, you must actually be able to do damage before the game checks to see if a crit happens.

On 7/10/2018 at 12:10 AM, Michelaar said:

Kana must realy love his ol' grampa.

Everyone loves going to Grandpa's house.

On 7/10/2018 at 3:07 AM, Vaximillian said:

If you don’t want to come at them, make them come at you!

You'll see

On 7/10/2018 at 5:49 PM, Shadow Mir said:

I think that unlike in past FE games, you must actually be able to do damage before the game checks to see if a crit happens.

That's too bad, seeing an enemy crit doing nothing if more fun than seeing your Luna miss.

We join our mission, already in progress.  Darn job keeping me from playing Fire Emblem...

rkZRo2i.jpg40993v6.jpg

Xander moves in to kill the Basara who is blocking our stairs.  He isn't lucky enough to crit or proc Luna, but he should kill on Enemy phase.  There are tons of archers, but Xander should not take too much damage from them.

3ismvql.jpgCwotYow.jpgn6My0bw.jpgepvXdUE.jpg

Well, Xander gets better at hitting things, at least.

bkkQ93L.jpg

Hey, our new Aegis skill procs.  Xander sure loves proccing his new skills.

lSNjbFi.jpg

Now here is where our William the Bastard strategy comes in @Vaximillian@Julius Nepos@Natalie.  We make a small dent in their forces, the most important of which is that we clear the stairs.  This allows us to perform numerous hit and run strikes, since they will not follow us down the stairs.

qKqFIhu.jpg

To make things even better, the soldiers return to their original positions after we feint a retreat.  Nice work Harold.  We can even pelt them with ballista bolts as the move back and forth.

qoDgLtL.jpgFzvZEBm.jpg

Our stairs are now free.

1Wt5ih3.jpgEl4Zb3L.jpg

Let's move in Odin so Xander doesn't get too lonely up there.

84pfOAd.jpgqfcueWr.jpg

Glad I got Odin that kill now.

aEo3m4B.jpgOVTXtTU.jpg

Still able to Nostank, good to know.

0QzJReK.jpg

And we retreat again, killing them their daily does of vitamin ballista.  It may be cheesy, but when you find a plan that works, you gotta go with it.

Time for more hit and run tactics.  It feels like playing Baldur's Gate, where you can shut the doors, and enemies don't know how to open them.

OMUYMuS.jpgcqCwKrs.jpg

Now to brace for those guys with Lunge.

wvCmBCs.jpgGoOErIU.jpgPjbcTSl.jpgkBh3wrR.jpg

Well, one-shotted them mitigates a lot of the annoyance associated with Lunge.

xKgN9xr.jpg6PACMst.jpgPDtWYCf.jpg

The one point stat curse is back.

UH75Ye1.jpg

We need to hit twice to kill.  If we miss, we have Azura available to dance for the follow up kill.  Hopefully, it doesn't come to that.  We don't want him lunging us into Oboro's group.

wPk1b3D.jpg

We succeed and Rezzi gets a good level-up out of it.

FEcoMYn.jpg

Now that we've knocked out the front line, it's time to swarm Oboro's group.

DAEuimD.jpgJ7r2UZe.jpg

Very nice level for Gazak.

cKo5RiS.jpgZpUfI9m.jpgCH8EPxQ.jpgF2U62go.jpg

@Arcanite@Anime27Arts As long as you live, eh?  We can help you with that.

LWuP6JO.jpgYOnV6cV.jpgN0bxTLJ.jpg2I0A5lE.jpg

Wow, we're actually killing plot characters, now.  We aren't messing around anymore.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

RIP queen of Birthright ;_;

Just think, we spared her the pain of having to see Takumi die first.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

As long as you live, eh?  We can help you with that

Why are you doing this

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Damn blue-haired wench standing in the way. She should see the errors of her ways! 

I hope you DIE

4 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

NOOOOO OBORO WHYYY

You don't cross Rezzi.

3 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Damn blue-haired wench standing in the way. She should see the errors of her ways! 

She said that we couldn't kill Takumi as long as she lived after all.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Why are you doing this

I hope you DIE

Maybe if you had been there, things could have turned out differently.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

RIP best retainer.

But Odin's still alive.

Now that Oboro is down, it's time to eliminate her band of merry men.

G8hiOzR.jpgcKw684n.jpgrfuzfsZ.jpgoRocBC7.jpgzkzflCg.jpg

What is it with my Strategists and getting terrible level-ups?

y8J2vwD.jpgwNZYbnc.jpg

Time to get these chests, before I forget.

AiQfYwP.jpg

Ah, so that's where Shura's Boots went.

lqbV1su.jpg

I wonder why they just leave all their gold up on the battlement.

5T6s0wz.jpg

I wish I could give some of Azura's levels to my combat oriented characters.

nmMsVcB.jpgjjGxSGk.jpg

Oh, so they can get good level-ups.

7xCnPuy.jpg

Buckle in, we are at our denouement.

Okay, let's take out Takumi, once and for all.

HJxQC8T.jpg58zbn7w.jpg7Z9vI0a.jpgxC8Js6t.jpg

There, now that Takumi's friends are all gone, we need to approach.

ULp0YH2.jpg

Mr Cheesy Close Counter.

O1HsESA.jpg

Even if we don't hit, we'll debuff him.

zS9y0r2.jpg

Better tell Izana; he just joined us.

4vumQMy.jpgqI4GZxT.jpg

Glorious shield gauge.

Rezzi wants to take down Takumi personally.

LwY0udQ.jpg0rhzbdD.jpg

Sorry to keep you waiting so long, I had to hit and run for a while.

7LL7TcS.jpgUrH56io.jpg

The power of emo is taking over.

fb9KbLc.jpglfTb2H7.jpg

Maybe just letting him go three times wasn't such a great idea.

EjwZsG2.jpgpX7mMLA.jpg

Well, it ends here for you.  Three strikes and you're out, buddy.

yh0AaCE.jpg

I think my last avatar was much more RNG blessed.  I don't think I'm close to capping anything yet.

BLMG3S2.jpg

Hinata dutifully just waits at the base of the wall.  Isn't there some burning oil or something we can dump on him?

LxsOGUH.jpg

We pelt them with ballista, but they refuse to be baited.

oTX53k0.jpg

With their healing, we can't just whittle their HP down to manageable levels, and I'm just not willing to charge into this group without drawing them to me.

So, let's just end this.

sJnyK48.jpgOeEXJka.jpg

15 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Well, it's time for the Lord of Hax. What's the game plan?

Draconic Hex is my go-to.

9 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

DOes he have point blank this time around?

Yes, the cheater.