Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

My personal favourite name for a forged weapon is the flame shuriken I got for Felicia. For obvious reasons I call it "Freezerburn". Of course, I named Odin's forged thunder tome "Bedeviling Bolts", so that's a close second.

If we're talking about weapon forge names, I forged Odin a +2 thunder tome called Othangorarerst, just to trigger his aching blood, the name is meaningless though

1 minute ago, Pengaius said:

If we're talking about weapon forge names, I forged Odin a +2 thunder tome called Othangorarerst, just to trigger his aching blood, the name is meaningless though

I did kind of forget to mention in my prior post it was because of this lp I went back to naming them with creativity as opposed to "just to trigger aching blood". Entymology-wise I don't think I have to explain freezerburn being a play on the term and the fact Felicia has ice powers paired with a flame shuriken. The bedeviling bolts are a reference to the "Bolts of Bedevilment" Stan Lee and Steve Ditko used to use as a spell in 1960s Dr Strange stories. Mind you, the full name wouldn't fit, so I had to go with something that did. I merely thought with Owain/Odin's tendencies, he'd take a spell like that and name it aptly. I figure if I promote Arthur, he can have a sword named Caliburn (given Excalibur is taken namewise).

Regardless, for me this is the end of posting about weapon names lest I get warnings for derailing the thread. Which I doubt I'd achieve even if I tried given everyone's here to view the LP, as opposed to listening to my thoughts stemming from viewing it. It's like no one watches football to listen to the commentators.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

Have fun with the corridor of death. I've honestly never done the next chapter the intended way. I've tried, and I've managed to beat each half of it independently, but something bullshit always screws me over in the end after sinking over an hour into it (the worst being when the floor drops and Ryoma can suddenly proc astra and 1 round Corrin). Killing Ryoma is always just so much easier than dealing with inevitable end.

I played the normal way previously, but I was always on Casual Mode.  I'll have to see if my Corrin is up to snuff for a one-on-one.

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Beruka’s genes shining through!

Is it the standard Conquest thing of “0 damage, coward mode on”?

Maybe, though I thought they would have dealt at least a little damage.

9 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Since we're stepping into the belly of the beast, I wonder... Will Rezzy not risk it, or will she press her luck with Inevitable End?

That is the question of the day.

5 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Cmon Siegbert, you can do it! Show Rezzi who's boss!

I'm open to letting him try.

3 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

My personal favourite name for a forged weapon is the flame shuriken I got for Felicia. For obvious reasons I call it "Freezerburn". Of course, I named Odin's forged thunder tome "Bedeviling Bolts", so that's a close second.

I usually always name my Iron weapons, but sometimes I leave the personal weapons unnamed, so I don't forget what they are.

2 hours ago, Pengaius said:

There are no meaningless names, just ones that Odin hasn't written a backstory for yet.

2 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

I did kind of forget to mention in my prior post it was because of this lp I went back to naming them with creativity as opposed to "just to trigger aching blood". Entymology-wise I don't think I have to explain freezerburn being a play on the term and the fact Felicia has ice powers paired with a flame shuriken. The bedeviling bolts are a reference to the "Bolts of Bedevilment" Stan Lee and Steve Ditko used to use as a spell in 1960s Dr Strange stories. Mind you, the full name wouldn't fit, so I had to go with something that did. I merely thought with Owain/Odin's tendencies, he'd take a spell like that and name it aptly. I figure if I promote Arthur, he can have a sword named Caliburn (given Excalibur is taken namewise).

Regardless, for me this is the end of posting about weapon names lest I get warnings for derailing the thread. Which I doubt I'd achieve even if I tried given everyone's here to view the LP, as opposed to listening to my thoughts stemming from viewing it. It's like no one watches football to listen to the commentators.

I personally don't mind a little side discussion on fun names for forged weapons.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Capture one of those Inevitable End Ninjas for me. I'm curious to see what will happen.

I can try, but Niles might not be up to the task of stepping into the hallway of death.

On 7/22/2018 at 4:07 PM, Vaximillian said:

At least Iago gets canonically killed, unlike Assama Bin Laden.

I'm honestly jealous of how good a pun you gave for him.

22 hours ago, Rezzy said:

qMIRACr.jpg

I agree, anyone who uses Hexing Rods must die.

Did he just confess to his monstrous ways?

11 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Inevitable End and other enemy-only skills don't show up on captured units. I looked it up.

Good to know

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm honestly jealous of how good a pun you gave for him.

Did he just confess to his monstrous ways?

The punishment had to be swift and severe.

4 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

you know considering how difficult this is

silas needs an F.

Silas needs an F?  I think I may be missing something.

Caught back up! I can't believe Elise died :( Nice job on clearing chapter 24! I remember you saying that you were worried about it. 

Chapter 25 is a tough one. Last time I played I got stuck on this map for a while. Do you have a strategy in mind or are you at the planning phase right now? 

If we're still talking about forge names, my brother is doing a Royals Only run of Revelation, and his forges have pretty hilarious names. Case in point:

Spoiler

-Yumimagic (+1 Iron Yumi)

-"Sword" (+1 Dual Naginata)

-Popcorn (+1 Dual Katana)

-Handy! (+2 Hand Axe)

-Thursday (+2 Thunder)

-Fimbufqhlosemr (+1 Fimbulvtr)

-Gotchaclothes (+1 Raider Knife)

And my personal favorite...

-Yumi in my tumi (+3 Brass Yumi)

16 hours ago, Black Zero said:

Caught back up! I can't believe Elise died :( Nice job on clearing chapter 24! I remember you saying that you were worried about it. 

Chapter 25 is a tough one. Last time I played I got stuck on this map for a while. Do you have a strategy in mind or are you at the planning phase right now? 

Elise's sacrifice will not be forgotten.

I'm in a sort of planning stage right now, or rather I've not been able to play much lately due to being crazy busy with work and planning my son's birthday party coming up.  I hope to be able to play some this weekend.

4 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

If we're still talking about forge names, my brother is doing a Royals Only run of Revelation, and his forges have pretty hilarious names. Case in point:

Reveal hidden contents

-Yumimagic (+1 Iron Yumi)

-"Sword" (+1 Dual Naginata)

-Popcorn (+1 Dual Katana)

-Handy! (+2 Hand Axe)

-Thursday (+2 Thunder)

-Fimbufqhlosemr (+1 Fimbulvtr)

-Gotchaclothes (+1 Raider Knife)

And my personal favorite...

-Yumi in my tumi (+3 Brass Yumi)

I always enjoy silly names.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Elise's sacrifice will not be forgotten.

I'm in a sort of planning stage right now, or rather I've not been able to play much lately due to being crazy busy with work and planning my son's birthday party coming up.  I hope to be able to play some this weekend.

Our little Cinnamon roll will never be forgotten. Naga bless her soul. 

Oh nice! Happy future birthday to your son! Just take your time, no need to rush. It's more fun to read your posts when you can put your all into it! :)

On 7/28/2018 at 2:18 AM, Black Zero said:

Oh nice! Happy future birthday to your son! Just take your time, no need to rush. It's more fun to read your posts when you can put your all into it! :)

Thanks!

We return to see the aftermath of our battle with Hinoka.

4sQN13S.jpg

Once again, fighting in front of the castle, rather than from within it is your downfall.

46Nv5ZK.jpg

Third time's a charm, I suppose.

KpNtW12.jpg

About that... We may or may not have already killed all the reinforcements.

AUReXZ4.jpg

I guess Azama just likes seeing people die.  It doesn't matter which side they're on.

TMsVtcz.jpg

Or enemy soldier.  Or enemy peasant.  Or ally.  Anybody really.

bPWJOPZ.jpgUyx7ZfT.jpgIreXuXv.jpg

Rezzi is going to throw the book at you, literally.

pdAKv3M.jpg

We should have done this a long time ago.

EQp422i.jpg

Except Azama, he must face justice for the Hexing Rod.

vcdssQy.jpg

I also want all those 1-2 Range Javelins and Hand Axes your army has that I can't get anywhere for some reason.

dRFsRiT.jpg

My bloodshed is calculated and in the service of a greater good.

XgA7V4d.jpgRgZBXPI.jpg

I could always use a new flier.  Do you have anything in blue?

5wrKZIL.jpg

You know, why don't we give this a chance?  I mean, if the end goal is just to have Garon sit on the throne?  Why not just convince Ryoma to completely evacuate the palace so Garon can march in and sit on the throne?

Hinoka keep lollygagging, risking a neck massage from Hans.

9DkchWZ.jpgsdw2feR.jpg

I hate it when that happens.

yxcxY4A.jpg

I think your hair is clipping into your collar.

8Wz1JVW.jpgkGW7JGL.jpg5EcqIpL.jpg

Why is everyone so surprised we kept such a valuable hostage?

3qgw3g9.jpg

Can't we just be one big, incestuous family together?

qbkyyzy.jpg

How did she act when we told her about Takumi?

qmCjBx2.jpg

The line that launched a thousand slash fics.

q5ClnkT.jpg

I assume you mean Ryoma, since that shipped has already sailed on Takumi.

p8o8BTK.jpg

Oh, I guess we just don't care about Takumi, then.

E1zioNP.jpg

Not me personally anyway.

YIDFBXr.jpg

Yes, the dream that she, Rezzi, Ryoma, and Sakura can all be a family again.

Chapter 24 Complete

Deaths: None

New Units: Generic Falcon Knight

Before we go, we'll check in on our new prisoner.

XmaoDFi.jpg

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

pdAKv3M.jpg

We should have done this a long time ago.

I guess she threw the book to the ground.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

5wrKZIL.jpg

You know, why don't we give this a chance?  I mean, if the end goal is just to have Garon sit on the throne?  Why not just convince Ryoma to completely evacuate the palace so Garon can march in and sit on the throne?

Because Daddy Garon doesn't like children being disobedient? He's not in the mood to listen anyway.

You have to wonder if Garon actually had issues with Hoshido before then. I have to assume Garon was jealous of Sumeragi's locks of hair.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

And that is why future events will happen. :P

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

XmaoDFi.jpg

Oh hey, an attack on Titan reference, also I think she just blew a load of your healers out of the water, access to any tile, can go through enemies, super dodgy, and will learn a skill in her next four levels. The A rank in lances is pretty good too, Give her a brave Lance and watch the magic happen. This is one unit definitely worth using

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Because Daddy Garon doesn't like children being disobedient? He's not in the mood to listen anyway.

You have to wonder if Garon actually had issues with Hoshido before then. I have to assume Garon was jealous of Sumeragi's locks of hair.

And that is why future events will happen. :P

They wouldn't have to talk with Daddy Garon, just sneak out of the capital, leaving an empty palace, so Garon can go sit on the throne.

Garon and Izana conspired to pry the Best Hair Award from his cold dead hands.

Good thing Takumi is dead, and we'll not have to worry about him anymore.

25 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Oh hey, an attack on Titan reference, also I think she just blew a load of your healers out of the water, access to any tile, can go through enemies, super dodgy, and will learn a skill in her next four levels. The A rank in lances is pretty good too, Give her a brave Lance and watch the magic happen. This is one unit definitely worth using

I think I'll keep her in reserve until the last chapter.  Her stats should still be viable, and I might need her pass for then.  (Plus I still need to persuade her to join me.)

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

AUReXZ4.jpg

I guess Azama just likes seeing people die.  It doesn't matter which side they're on.

TMsVtcz.jpg

Or enemy soldier.  Or enemy peasant.  Or ally.  Anybody really.

I just can't stop laughing! XD

qmCjBx2.jpg

The line that launched a thousand slash fics.

Pffft. I can't deny this one bit.

I assume you mean Ryoma, since that shipped has already sailed on Takumi.

OH MY GOD hahaha

YIDFBXr.jpg

Yes, the dream that she, Rezzi, Ryoma, and Sakura can all be a family again.

Nobody cares about Pineapple head :( 

11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

5wrKZIL.jpg

This is a completely rationale solution. But unfortunately this is Conquest where rationality doesn't exist.

p8o8BTK.jpg

Mikoto or that other chick that existed purely to stop things getting too incestuous?

5 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Or like, more probably, just a generic Japanese name.

Edited by Jotari

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Mikoto or that other chick that existed purely to stop things getting too incestuous?

I want to know what she looked like. I for some reason picture her as a short-red-haired smaller-chested Mikoto wearing red instead of blue.

47 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I want to know what she looked like. I for some reason picture her as a short-red-haired smaller-chested Mikoto wearing red instead of blue.

Something like this?

Spoiler

Image result for ikona fire emblem

Hinoka and Sakura do have reddish hair, so that's not unlikely. I wonder if Takumi just went grey crazy early or if he was born with that hair colour. Red head Takumi might actually look pretty cool.

Edited by Jotari