Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Black Zero said:

I just can't stop laughing! XD

Pffft. I can't deny this one bit.

OH MY GOD hahaha

Nobody cares about Pineapple head :( 

I do my best.

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

This is a completely rationale solution. But unfortunately this is Conquest where rationality doesn't exist.

Mikoto or that other chick that existed purely to stop things getting too incestuous?

My first mistake, I suppose.

Mikoto has driven all memory of the old queen away.

14 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I want to know what she looked like. I for some reason picture her as a short-red-haired smaller-chested Mikoto wearing red instead of blue.

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

Something like this?

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for ikona fire emblem

Hinoka and Sakura do have reddish hair, so that's not unlikely. I wonder if Takumi just went grey crazy early or if he was born with that hair colour. Red head Takumi might actually look pretty cool.

Constant neglect and insecurity has made Takumi old before his time.

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Yes, yes, absolutely yes. Thank you ❤

It's a shame Mikoto had to arrange for her little accident.

Okay, seriously, how many axes did Beruka have?

z3ZVOYK.jpg

Soleil harbors incestuous feelings for her own mother.

TmagLmX.jpg

Laslow tells the tales of his time warping family reunion.

kqlObQr.jpgLPsn7D9.jpg

Hey, it makes more sense than Deep Realms.

Ebf8h8T.jpg

Oh, hey look, it's Rezzi's birthday, today!

MQtQMiE.jpg

It looks like Odin has regifted Rezzi a present.

Gcv8ogU.jpg

Flowers and a book?  You're too kind.

Hinoka was kind enough to give us a Speedwing, and Rezzi seems like a good candidate, because despite having 70% Speed growth, she has not capped Speed yet.

i9S6ipG.jpg

We also decide to switch her back to Nohr Noble for possibly the last time.

mF2bUnY.jpg0yWQLfN.jpg

Selena also wants to get us a gift for our birthday.

PmKG9DY.jpg

Ask @Infinite Dreams, she's the sizing expert.

Without further ado, we move into the castle to meet Ryoma.

t1HwOXt.jpg

Sorry, my schedule makes it hard to update as often as I'd like.

vDyKMIp.jpg

We couldn't have something go well for us, now could we?

HZ491mw.jpg

Ryoma's secret torture chamber?

H1zEDy0.jpg

That's... a bit underwhelming.  You got me all worked up for nothing.  I thought Ryoma was going to cut a deal with a dark god to gain foggy purple powers or something.

B0RiFMK.jpg

Don't look so disappointed.

DVRAPrT.jpg

The Hexing Rod took away what little mercy I might have given.

YhTraAG.jpgUQ5BELn.jpg

We wanted to keep things rated T for Teen here.

uFBpoTL.jpg

Well, at least someone has their priorities in order.

When the omnicidal slime monster tells you to chill, you know you have serious problems.

2FDUNY7.jpg

Thank you, Daddy Garon, can you guys stop doubting my evilness?

EY9gMaF.jpg

Exactly what is your endgame Iago?  Once we've conquered Hoshido will you give it a rest?

44 minutes ago, Jotari said:

"Taboo? What the hell is that?" Fates -2016

We'll leave in the incest, but take our the swimsuits.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

So... what's the plan for the chapter??

I think we're going to have to kill Ryoma.

DGX51Q4.jpg

Ryoma commends me on my minimal deaths so far.

d1YLbVX.jpg

Let's hope RNG favors me today.

HRKJvQA.jpg

And Takumi's dead, too.

umx0mJx.jpg

If unit is within 2 spaces of a flying or infantry ally, grants Atk/Spd +4 during combat.

UGQi8zL.jpg

I like how he's completely unfazed on news of Takumi's death, but losing it upon hearing about Hinoka.

SNp5lyc.jpg

Are you using the royal we?

twDj5MY.jpg

Pp7jJXP.jpg

Okay, but do you mind waiting a minute or two?

ZbcsJ7M.jpgKT2Ai9z.jpg

He sure is adamant about getting his revenge.

z0Ila4Q.jpg

How did Rezzi and Ryoma get separated from the rest of the group?

lLsumxB.jpg

Iago, since when are you in charge?

zzG2E7a.jpg

Didn't you die already?

xDRKFcA.jpg

We're feeling the final crunch on unit deployment.  We'll bring both Nina and Niles for lockpick.  Niles at least will probably get cut after this chapter.  Laslow will be sitting out, but he notably has capped his Strength.  Rezzi has been loaded up with Tonics, since she's not exactly RNG screwed, but nowhere near where my avatar usually is by now.

gMVWle9.jpg

I find this the most inadvertently hilarious thing in Fates.

18 hours ago, Rezzy said:

MQtQMiE.jpg

It looks like Odin has regifted Rezzi a present.

Happy birthday from the DARKNESS Overflowing Rezzi!

17 hours ago, Rezzy said:

EY9gMaF.jpg

Exactly what is your endgame Iago?  Once we've conquered Hoshido will you give it a rest?

"NEVER!"

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

umx0mJx.jpg

If unit is within 2 spaces of a flying or infantry ally, grants Atk/Spd +4 during combat.

It's only making Ryoma stronger!

Hmmmmmm.

Doesn't look like Rezzi can 1-v-1 Ryoma; you're actually gonna have to clear the whole map. (alternatively, if you don't clear the rest of the map but just stall out the clock until Ryoma aggros, its possible to bait him down to a corner of the dueling room where units outside the room can attack him at 2-range. But then you're stuck trying to take him down on the heal tiles + praying to RNG-Jesus that he doesn't proc and crit against your avatar, while you slowly bring him down with javelins or something stupid)

Just cleared this one on that lunatic no-DLC run I've been working on.

You have 3 stave users in Niles, Nina, and Forrest--thats good.

I don't know what your stock of freeze and entrap staves is looking like atm. But the best way to clear this chapter without falling prey do the death corridor on the right or the [Spy Yumi + Lunge] puppets on the left  is to spam entrap + freeze vs. the offending ninjas and lunge trolls.

Ideally, you should also have several big bulky units alternating between tanking duties to avoid getting completely overwhelmed by inexorable end debuffs. Your team isn't quite as bullky as what I was running (I had Keaton, Velouria, Xander, Siegbert, Benny, Beruka, and Percy).

But Gazak should be able to put in a ton of work here. Your Kana turned out super-beefy. And you've got a Camilla that didn't get screwed on growths + the Xander/Siegbert/Percy core.

Looks fine.

I'm still a little skeeved out by you not having a wary fighter tank--Ryoma is one of the main reasons I always like to have a big tanky lancer that can't get doubled for the endgame.

Rally-buffed Gazak with the dual club is probably gonna be your best bet for a player phase OHKO, with minimal risk of eating a potentially lethal counter attack.

Problem I'm seeing is that if you get time-crunched and Ryoma aggros, Rezzi is at risk of going down VERY fast before the rest of your army gets to her.

....pretty sure a critical hit  on a rend heaven proc one-shots vs. 49 hp + 26 defense... 

Edited by Shoblongoo

38 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Hmmmmmm.

Doesn't look like Rezzi can 1-v-1 Ryoma; you're actually gonna have to clear the whole map. (alternatively, if you don't clear the rest of the map but just stall out the clock until Ryoma aggros, its possible to bait him down to a corner of the dueling room where units outside the room can attack him at 2-range. But then you're stuck trying to take him down on the heal tiles over + praying to RNG-Jesus that he doesn't proc and crit against your avatar, while you slowly bring him down with javelins or something stupid)

I don't know what your stock of freeze and entrap staves is looking like atm. But the best way to clear this chapter without falling prey do the death corridor on the right or the [Spy Yumi + Lunge] puppets on the left  is to spam entrap + freeze spam vs. the offending ninjas and lunge trolls.

Ideally, you should also have several big bulky units alternating between tanking duties to avoid getting completely overwhelmed by inexorable end debuffs. Your team isn't quite as bullky as what I was running (I had Keaton, Velouria, Xander, Siegbert, Benny, Beruka, and Percy).

But Gazak should be able to put in a ton of work here. Your Kana turned out super-beefy. And you've got a Camilla that didn't get screwed on growths + the Xander/Siegbert/Percy core.

Looks fine.

I'm still a little skeeved out by you not having a wary fighter tank--Ryoma is one of the main reasons I always like to have a big tanky lancer that can't get doubled for the endgame.

Rally-buffed Gazak with the dual club is probably gonna be your best bet for a player phase OHKO, with minimal risk of eating a potentially lethal counter attack.

Problem I'm seeing is that if you get time-crunched and Ryoma aggros, Rezzi is at risk of going down VERY fast before the rest of your army gets to her.

....pretty sure a critical hit  on a rend heaven proc one-shots vs. 49 hp + 26 defense... 

How much does the terrain reduce damage? Because it certainly looks like she can take him given she doubles with 50 attack targeting RES (can't forget the +5 from trample). Might take a while, but I'd be surprised if there isn't positive damage being done with that stat line. Especially after he starts moving and you can put her in Rally range.

Edited by Jotari

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

How much does the terrain reduce damage? Because it certainly looks like she can take him given she doubles with 50 attack targeting RES (can't forget the +5 from trample). Might take a while, but I'd be surprised if there isn't positive damage being done with that stat line. Especially after he starts moving and you can put her in Rally range.

The floor quarters damage.

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Well in that case 50 attack against 19 RES, doubling means 31/4*2 = 15/16 damage each turn. I assume the tiles heal 10 too? So yeah, if that's the case she can deal damage and eventually kill him provided Rend Heaven or Astra don't screw things up.

16 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well in that case 50 attack against 19 RES, doubling means 31/4*2 = 15/16 damage each turn. I assume the tiles heal 10 too? So yeah, if that's the case she can deal damage and eventually kill him provided Rend Heaven or Astra don't screw things up.

...thats the rub...

Rend Heaven in particular--thats a very high proc rate to be gambling with 

3 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

...thats the rub...

Only if it one shots. Ryoma doesn't attack on enemy phase for the first twenty turns, so if it procs and Corrin lives, then she just needs a physic or an elixer to top her up before she starts wailing on him again.

Edited by Jotari

39 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It rounds down, which would make it 14. Assuming both hits connect, of course. Also, the tile only heals for 5% HP, which is negligible barring a serious streak of bad luck.

19 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Only if it one shots. Ryoma doesn't attack on enemy phase for the first twenty turns, so if it procs and Corrin lives, then she just needs a physic or an elixer to top her up before she starts wailing on him again.

A Physic might not reach, and even if they could get into position to heal, the healing formula means it won't be enough to top her off without using something else. Or another charge of Physic. Rezzy better hope she packed enough concoctions....

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 2018-07-30 at 10:01 PM, Rezzy said:

I like how he's completely unfazed on news of Takumi's death, but losing it upon hearing about Hinoka.

NOBODY LIKES PINEAPPLE HEAD :(

On 2018-07-30 at 10:01 PM, Rezzy said:

xDRKFcA.jpg

We're feeling the final crunch on unit deployment.  We'll bring both Nina and Niles for lockpick.  Niles at least will probably get cut after this chapter.  Laslow will be sitting out, but he notably has capped his Strength.  Rezzi has been loaded up with Tonics, since she's not exactly RNG screwed, but nowhere near where my avatar usually is by now.

Rezzi is looking pretty good! :)

13 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

It rounds down, which would make it 14. Assuming both hits connect, of course. Also, the tile only heals for 5% HP, which is negligible barring a serious streak of bad luck.

A Physic might not reach, and even if they could get into position to heal, the healing formula means it won't be enough to top her off without using something else. Or another charge of Physic. Rezzy better hope she packed enough concoctions....

Bear in my Rezzi will be getting healed by the floor too, limiting the amount of damage Ryoma can do. I know when I played Lunatic he could basically only deal damage by proccing something (which between Rend Heaven, Astra and Crits, isnt negligible).

Has Rezzi died yet during the playthrough.

Edited by Jotari

On 7/31/2018 at 9:42 AM, Dayni said:

Happy birthday from the DARKNESS Overflowing Rezzi!

"NEVER!"

It's only making Ryoma stronger!

I wonder if the birthday present is random or if it tries to give you your spouse's weapon.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:29 AM, Jotari said:

"I'm mad eager to see you bleed, but patience is still a virtue." - Ryoma.

He has to count to 10 before acting rashly, or 20 in this case.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:39 AM, Shoblongoo said:

Hmmmmmm.

Doesn't look like Rezzi can 1-v-1 Ryoma; you're actually gonna have to clear the whole map. (alternatively, if you don't clear the rest of the map but just stall out the clock until Ryoma aggros, its possible to bait him down to a corner of the dueling room where units outside the room can attack him at 2-range. But then you're stuck trying to take him down on the heal tiles + praying to RNG-Jesus that he doesn't proc and crit against your avatar, while you slowly bring him down with javelins or something stupid)

I don't know what your stock of freeze and entrap staves is looking like atm. But the best way to clear this chapter without falling prey do the death corridor on the right or the [Spy Yumi + Lunge] puppets on the left  is to spam entrap + freeze vs. the offending ninjas and lunge trolls.

Looks fine.

The hallway of death is worse than Hexing Rod.  Even with Wary Fighter, it's not the actual attacks' damage that is killing you, but the poison damage and stacking debuffs.  If I were grinding here, I could entrap an enemy or two, but I need to save my rod for next chapter, so I'm not sure if I want to risk it.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:15 AM, Jotari said:

On 7/31/2018 at 12:25 PM, Shadow Mir said:

On 7/31/2018 at 12:29 PM, Jotari said:

On 7/31/2018 at 12:46 PM, Shoblongoo said:

...thats the rub...

On 7/31/2018 at 12:49 PM, Jotari said:

On 7/31/2018 at 1:08 PM, Shadow Mir said:

We shall see...

19 hours ago, Black Zero said:

NOBODY LIKES PINEAPPLE HEAD :(

Rezzi is looking pretty good! :)

Thanks, Rezzi has been loaded up with tonics for this map.

18 hours ago, Jotari said:

Bear in my Rezzi will be getting healed by the floor too, limiting the amount of damage Ryoma can do. I know when I played Lunatic he could basically only deal damage by proccing something (which between Rend Heaven, Astra and Crits, isnt negligible).

Has Rezzi died yet during the playthrough.

Rezzi has not died.

So, my plan for this map is to take out Ryoma.  We both deal minimal damage to each other, so this will take several rounds, not accounting for skill procs.  If you're playing this map as intended, they want you to split your forces between the two sides.  This being Lunatic and Ironman, that is a recipe for a TPK, so I'm going to move my whole team right and not risk getting overwhelmed.  If I get as far as the hallway of death, I will turn and take out the enemies on the left side with my whole team.

WBdM6SQ.jpg78fyFdj.jpg

I would, but Rallyman is stuck on the other side of the wall.  How did I get separated from the rest of the group again?

BGGkNdA.jpg

The joke's on you.  I'm a redhead; I never had a soul to begin with.

Z5PXTmD.jpg

Operation: Don't Divide and Conquer commences.  By sending in Camilla first, we can utilize Savage Blow AoE damage.

sfSQRsD.jpg

It's Take Your Child to Work Day for the Nohrian Royal Family.

QxixE1W.jpg

And now for Enemy Phase.

erSVkE1.jpgiCPDYiL.jpg

Sticks and stones will break your bones, but shuriken will never hurt me.

SbV5w9o.jpg

I may have forgotten to mention, Rezzi's tome has received another forge.

Ns5ESq3.jpg

It is now that I realize that Odin does not have Calamity Gate in his inventory.

7Ix9qkn.jpg

If it wasn't for Inevitable End, Xander would be able to handle this map quite easily.

VFD2ldC.jpg

So many zeros.

UJUVlGk.jpgCSpUHfD.jpg

This battle reminds me of a melee combat between two low level D&D mages who had run out of spells and took turns whacking each other with their quarterstaves.

cWKFRLB.jpg

We approach the Hallway of Death.  Conquest is mostly well designed, my own misgivings with wind mechanics aside, but Inevitable End is just cheap.

We continue the Nohrian Royal Family's favorite bonding activity.

wvXqiOI.jpgfZAJRqI.jpgJbxUFmR.jpgbd1A1xy.jpg

To know Gazak is to know Strength.

8r38LLM.jpgahRDHIz.jpg

Not great, but Leo does pick up Galeforce, albeit the nerfed Fates version.

bm8n5oM.jpgjZAnI4z.jpg

Rezzi finally procs Dragon Fang to separate their HP totals a bit.  We also get e nice level up for our efforts.  Ryoma is still alive, though.

daqt92G.jpg

I'm wondering to myself why I brought both Niles and Nina, since I don't think I'll actually be getting any chests this chapter.

Ivrr27k.jpgqCGGR2s.jpg

@Michelaar@Julius Nepos Explain.

t5R3wGa.jpg

This map just doesn't have a good way to approach it.  Even barely moving into range means getting hit with 5 or so attacks with poison damage and stacking debuffs.  If I had a spare Rescue Staff and/or Entrap, I might be a bit more cavalier here, but I think I'll just turn around.  Sometimes, the only winning move is not to play.

rKu4dC4.jpg

Rezzi and Ryoma continue to poke each other.

kBh37HH.jpg

At least I didn't use a Raider weapon on you.

4UREtdf.jpg

Well there we go.  Now Daddy Garon can become King of Hoshido and live happily ever after.