Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

It would. Unless the only reinforcements are the ones that show up when you turned Hans into a corpse.

The ones on the southern staircase did indeed appear when he died, though since I eliminated Hans before opening the room, they had just been sitting there until now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/6/2018 at 3:10 PM, Rezzy said:

How can you say no to a smile like that?

That smile is so goofy and way too wholesome for Garon.

I may be back later with more stuff. I picked the dragon talent and orange hair too when I played Fates lol.

7 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

That smile is so goofy and way too wholesome for Garon.

I may be back later with more stuff. I picked the dragon talent and orange hair too when I played Fates lol.

Daddy Garon's just a lovable fluff ball.

I tried to go for a redhead, but red hair always seems to be limited for some reason, and you can't pick bright red like Hinoka's for some reason.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Daddy Garon's just a lovable fluff ball.

But of course, that's why he's got a bunch of baby mamas who will literally kill each other in cold blood for status and more loving from him. Don't tell Xander, but Garon's favorite is actually Camilla's mom.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I tried to go for a redhead, but red hair always seems to be limited for some reason, and you can't pick bright red like Hinoka's for some reason.

I noticed this as well. Awakening lets you do red but not orange, meanwhile...

Woohoo, Rezzy is back!

Good to see no one's died here yet. Looking forward to seeing how the room of death is going to go.

On 17-3-2019 at 11:15 PM, Rezzy said:

Even if Rezzi was a traitor, having an advisor unilaterally murder the child of the king seems like it would be even worse treason. @Julius Nepos

I'd invoke emergency law if I were Iago.

But English Iago is just a prick.

1 hour ago, Julius Nepos said:

Is there something lost in translation that's more than just changing the name from Macbeth (a change I was okay with)?

4 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

Woohoo, Rezzy is back!

Good to see no one's died here yet. Looking forward to seeing how the room of death is going to go.

I'd invoke emergency law if I were Iago.

Yes, that room's going to be a ton of fun.

I think it would be more prudent for Iago to wait five minutes and consult with the king, rather than attack the entire remainder of the royal family, even if he feels justified in his actions.  At least it gives us an excuse to finally kill Iago.  Even is Garon wasn't a slime monster and it was a moot point, I don't think Garon would have minded if we had killed Iago earlier, since he likes his daily dose of vitamin murder.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Is there something lost in translation that's more than just changing the name from Macbeth (a change I was okay with)?

His original name was Macbeth?  Irrational hatred for the protagonist does fit Iago a bit more then Macbeth, if we're going for Shakespearean comparisons.

Back to the Room of Death, here is our positioning.

Q1f7ZPi.jpg

We'll try to pick off some units with ranged attacks behind our wall.

0MxaXoA.jpg

Thanks to Azura, we can get an extra attack in.

NepO1s8.jpgr874pEN.jpg

A lucky crit eliminates that general for us.  Also, I realize I left a finger in the shot, if anyone wondered what that looked like.

duNMzDY.jpg

We'll equip the Hand Axe, since there are several ranged enemies here, plus also not doubling can be a blessing in disguise, since killing an enemy on Enemy Phase means taking a hit from another enemy that round.

xraVQMd.jpg

Just barely not enough damage to kill.

dgwGd9h.jpg

This may look like a bad level up, but here it's actually acceptable, since every point of damage mitigation helps here.

WWeCSLJ.jpgawClVY8.jpg

Mommy gets a nice level up from being a stat backpack and blocking an attack on her son.

fExCqWn.jpg

Oh goodie, reinforcements right behind us, this will be fun.  But that's not all.

CL3dwQq.jpg

Not one, but two groups of reinforcements, and these guys aren't pushovers that we can just plant a couple units at the door with and expect to survive.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Oh goodie, reinforcements right behind us, this will be fun.  But that's not all.

I called it. I frigging called it. How do you plan to get out of this pincer maneuver...???

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

We'll equip the Hand Axe, since there are several ranged enemies here, plus also not doubling can be a blessing in disguise, since killing an enemy on Enemy Phase means taking a hit from another enemy that round.

Mandatory reference

comic575.png

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=081318

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

His original name was Macbeth?  Irrational hatred for the protagonist does fit Iago a bit more then Macbeth, if we're going for Shakespearean comparisons.

Hence why I'm on board with the name change.

He does not betray Garon enough for Macbeth to make sense.

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

CL3dwQq.jpg

Not one, but two groups of reinforcements, and these guys aren't pushovers that we can just plant a couple units at the door with and expect to survive.

I mean, fuck wow. Iago you mad genius.

I would get the guillotine out but those can't really be a thing in FE.

55 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I called it. I frigging called it. How do you plan to get out of this pincer maneuver...???

I have a cunning plan.

29 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I love Awkward Zombie so much!

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hence why I'm on board with the name change.

He does not betray Garon enough for Macbeth to make sense.

I mean, fuck wow. Iago you mad genius.

I would get the guillotine out but those can't really be a thing in FE.

Maybe if he lived long enough for Xander to take the throne and still tried to kill us it would fit.

We'll make Iago pay, if it take my last breath.

RE: The name change, Iago is overall more fitting, but I'm still against it on principle as it was wholly unnecessary and will just leads to completely needless confusion if the Japanese creators ever do decide to use Iago in the future (see the whole Alondite Ettard situation). Name changes should only be applied when they convey a different cultural meaning to what was originally intended (like Tina -> Terra), one Shakespearean name to another Shakespearean name doesn't achieve that, even if the latter is ultimately more suitable.

One area Nina has actually not been RNG screwed is Resistance, so we can use her to try to eliminate the sorcerers.  I have to be careful to keep her alive though, since she's the only lock picker I brought.  Maybe I should have brought Niles too, come to think of it, but too late to change that now.

HLBckzr.jpg2PTyW92.jpg

Rezzi of course, is just good at killing everything.

iCyUXBz.jpg

Not good enough to get a satisfactory level-up though.

Down in the southern end of the hallway, Kana is earning his allowance.

eSCDwq9.jpg1N6640f.jpg

We've got a couple nice charged shield gauges for the bottom entrance on the hallway.  Our top half is rather less assured, but we'll just have to pick a god and pray.

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

RE: The name change, Iago is overall more fitting, but I'm still against it on principle as it was wholly unnecessary and will just leads to completely needless confusion if the Japanese creators ever do decide to use Iago in the future (see the whole Alondite Ettard situation). Name changes should only be applied when they convey a different cultural meaning to what was originally intended (like Tina -> Terra), one Shakespearean name to another Shakespearean name doesn't achieve that, even if the latter is ultimately more suitable.

Generally I'd like the names to be consistent, but also think they should still take localized names into account when making new names.

Okay, lets see how this enemy phase goes.

rONPzgr.jpg

Rather unfavorable matchup, but we survive.

JI92tZM.jpg1vamQ0O.jpg

Gosh, leveling weapons sure takes forever in Fates.  Also, not featured, but the maids keep physicing the Generals health back up every turn, which makes this chokepoint feel like the Western Front from World War One.

RjBythy.jpg

To be honest, I'm quite fine with taking low damage hits and not counter attacking until the northern menace is dealt with.

BeDEr08.jpg1vdjcP6.jpg

We'll jut keep poking at each other.

BionzAI.jpg

Another glorious level up for Prince Percy.

6naef2f.jpg

Yay?  Too bad I don't think there are even any sword wielder enemies left.

Back to the top, we still have lots of enemies to deal with.

LN1zXpP.jpgenv4FIE.jpg

I often forget Bows are weak to magic, because the doubled up weapon triangle was unnecessary and most less sense than the original one.

2Vo4vUb.jpg

Stop hurting Leo!  He's good for now, but he can't take many more hits like that.

cXjJUI7.jpg

So we survived another enemy phase.  It looks like everyone in the southern room is lining up at the DMV.

Behold our strategic placement of Azura, Rallyman, and Dwyer.  Gazak doesn't really need to be paired up with Dwyer at this point, but I don't have a spare move to unpair him right now.  Every last heal is needed.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Gosh, leveling weapons sure takes forever in Fates.

If you think leveling weapons is bad here, go play Binding Blade, where weapon rank is slow to rise. THEN we'll talk.

20 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

If you think leveling weapons is bad here, go play Binding Blade, where weapon rank is slow to rise. THEN we'll talk.

Oh, I have, but being compared to the snail doesn't make the turtle fast.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Oh, I have, but being compared to the snail doesn't make the turtle fast.

If I may be frank, outside of A to S, which doesn't apply to all classes, I never felt that getting weapon ranks up was THAT slow in Fates...

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

6naef2f.jpg

Yay?  Too bad I don't think there are even any sword wielder enemies left.

That's depressing. Not one generic? I think you're either right or close to it.

52 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

If I may be frank, outside of A to S, which doesn't apply to all classes, I never felt that getting weapon ranks up was THAT slow in Fates...

I mean, I do think it feels like a slog. That could be because of your options on lower ranks though.

And as for slower, BB's one thing, but Thracia is glacial. It's just that in that game if you actually manage to keep units alive long enough they'll have gotten to higher ranks eventually.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

If I may be frank, outside of A to S, which doesn't apply to all classes, I never felt that getting weapon ranks up was THAT slow in Fates

It's more so the fact that bronze/brass is absolute garbage and unless you promote early by the time you get your second weapon the enemies are going to have enough defense to stick you into the single digits if you use your E rank weapons, especially if you pick up swords or magic. At least in BB the prepromotes have multiple good weapon ranks and only the low Str units really have trouble when picking up a new weapon, while it is tedious getting from D to C to B looking at you Zeiss and Tate you mostly use iron, steel and the 1-2 range weapons in BB anyway so you only really get killer utility as the jump to silver is only really needed if you have poor Str. In the case of tomes it's just Aircalibur all the way baby for me at least. 

Game I really felt weapon levelling up was a chore was Path of Radiance. It seems like you have to specialize in a single type, which is pretty annoying since only half the S ranked weapons are available to the player for no good reason.

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I think it's worst after promoting/changing classes, since trying to use E rank weapons is painful.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

That's depressing. Not one generic? I think you're either right or close to it.

I mean, I do think it feels like a slog. That could be because of your options on lower ranks though.

And as for slower, BB's one thing, but Thracia is glacial. It's just that in that game if you actually manage to keep units alive long enough they'll have gotten to higher ranks eventually.

I've not yet played Thracia, but it's next on my list.  Hopefully it's not too much of a pain.

3 hours ago, Pengaius said:

It's more so the fact that bronze/brass is absolute garbage and unless you promote early by the time you get your second weapon the enemies are going to have enough defense to stick you into the single digits if you use your E rank weapons, especially if you pick up swords or magic. At least in BB the prepromotes have multiple good weapon ranks and only the low Str units really have trouble when picking up a new weapon, while it is tedious getting from D to C to B looking at you Zeiss and Tate you mostly use iron, steel and the 1-2 range weapons in BB anyway so you only really get killer utility as the jump to silver is only really needed if you have poor Str. In the case of tomes it's just Aircalibur all the way baby for me at least. 

I think being able to use Iron weapons right away after promoting would have been a huge boon, since forged Iron Weapons can often be your best option.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Game I really felt weapon levelling up was a chore was Path of Radiance. It seems like you have to specialize in a single type, which is pretty annoying since only half the S ranked weapons are available to the player for no good reason.

I never noticed it being too bad for physical weapons, maybe due to most already mostly specializing in one weapon anyway, but I definitely noticed it for mages.  You can all three schools of magic, so you're either using only one or being lucky to reach C if you try to use all three.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I think it's worst after promoting/changing classes, since trying to use E rank weapons is painful.

I've not yet played Thracia, but it's next on my list.  Hopefully it's not too much of a pain.

I think being able to use Iron weapons right away after promoting would have been a huge boon, since forged Iron Weapons can often be your best option.

I never noticed it being too bad for physical weapons, maybe due to most already mostly specializing in one weapon anyway, but I definitely noticed it for mages.  You can all three schools of magic, so you're either using only one or being lucky to reach C if you try to use all three.

Magic is what I'm mainly thinking of. Soren in particular. Wasted so much time trying to multi rank him for nothing.

Edited by Jotari

On 3/25/2019 at 12:29 AM, Jotari said:

Magic is what I'm mainly thinking of. Soren in particular. Wasted so much time trying to multi rank him for nothing.

I usually just gave the mages all my arms scrolls.

On 3/26/2019 at 2:45 AM, Vaximillian said:

I didn’t know Hans was such a fan of strings.
This even more cements his place in my heart as the best villain of Fates.

And I’m completely unironical here.

Hans is a patron of the arts.  It's why Nohr has the best theme music of the three nations.