Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

A brief refresher on where we stand.

cXjJUI7.jpg

We'll try to whittle down a general.

8lpZCQJ.jpgNIng1dm.jpg

Xander swaps out Leo, who's looking pretty rough after last round.

mxRBYPo.jpg

Pretty nice level for Big Bro.

4IOUjSm.jpg

We continue to dismiss our uninvited guests to the north.

uUiqZAq.jpg2ZmACn8.jpg

That Skill and Luck should definitely help Forrest's shaky hit rate.

P3h6WuO.jpgmdiLOVZ.jpg

More Magic is always welcome, good level up minus the rather useless Strength.  That Speed is starting to look a little low, though.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well look at this, we can get rid of one of these generals.

bA1ABg3.jpg

And we reach another enemy phase.

2lvMXAx.jpg

Why are maids one of the most dangerous forces in the army?  I always thought maids being a promoted class was silly.

nV4wYan.jpg

The unsung hero so far has been Rally Man, taking 1 damage instead of 5 makes a huge difference over time.

LQIGsYW.jpg

Too bad I can't buff both Percy and Kana without putting Rallyman in range of attack.

p3nX9Rs.jpg

The great poke fight.

fjyxaj6.jpg

This is a little more dynamic.

DgJDYUC.jpg

Every miss is an extra turn I don't have to spend healing, so this is welcome.

Unaudcc.jpg

And we survived another enemy phase with no deaths yet this chapter.  We're down to just a couple stragglers at the top.  The bottom looks mostly the same, but the Generals log jamming the hallway is keeping the scary Berserkers from reaching us.

Back to hacking away at the General wall.

5N74kzg.jpg

Ophelia can take out the last Sorcerer to the north.

j605I5r.jpgSXnM1Ff.jpg

While Xander moves south the help against the Generals.  We have to be careful not to actually put him into melee range, since though he has the Defense to be able to handle it, and will have Weapon Triangle advantage against the Axe wielders, several of the Generals are equipped with beast killers.

xesFWsb.jpg

Odin takes out the last reinforcement unit to the north, allowing us to divert our full attention to the south.  Side note, it's always fun when Vengeance procs at full or near full health.

We'll allow them to come to us, now, so we don't break our defensive line.

EEtTEJt.jpgMhd6anO.jpgm05kZPx.jpg

Minimal damage that round, and second unintentional finger reveal.

uPn8wJe.jpg

Having to only deal with one front makes this easier to deal with, but the Generals penchant for retreating, coupled with the Maids' unlimited healing charging could theoretically make this map last forever.

Time to get serious about breaking the General wall.

wUsCLal.jpgnY5O3hN.jpg

Another impressive level-up for Percy.  I'll definitely have to use him on future playthroughs.  My opinion of him has been changed.

VQThJey.jpgBSOzVWr.jpg

Clearing up Xander to help with the south allows us to put a dent in the HP piles blocking the hallway.  Having the HP and Defense to take hits really helps, and he can get danced to get an extra hit.  Onto the next enemy phase.

Fv2jcE0.jpgzSae9V0.jpg7nL90kE.jpgjpQiiV9.jpg

Siegbert gets a near perfect level up after I had forgotten that I had paired him with Kana several turns ago.

Cv3xs90.jpgwqng3SD.jpg

Kana gets a nice level, but killing all the enemies on counter attack is putting our boy at serious risk.

3znejVi.jpg

Yeah, this brush with death shows just how close we got.  A timely shield activation left us 7 HP from the final curtain.

93rHdeE.jpg

Slowly, but surely, we are winning the pushing match.  The real fun begins once we get through the generals to the berserkers, since they aren't as bulky, but hit twice as hard, meaning we can't really wall them out like the generals.

It's time for the final push, no looking back now.

rPVVltZ.jpg9qVNMH1.jpg

We hit them hard and fast, trying to make the most of our available standard actions.

nJKbMOq.jpg

Azura dances and hogs another good level-up.

TioG6Rf.jpgNeQOIFc.jpgbn96t04.jpg

Kana takes a beating, but it's what he's built for and also a sign that we can't stay here forever.

slfIIpx.jpgZdBvn6s.jpg

Getting close to breaking through.

G69sSdl.jpgO7YZ0CT.jpg

Everyone who doesn't need Strength keeps leveling it, but can't say no to Magic and Speed, with Luck for good measure.

Vs2EWqO.jpg

We finally kill this General that's been getting healed every round.

I believe we are down to our last General.

eUJDt2z.jpgObC8J7O.jpg

Eliminating him means we can safely move Xander out into the open.  Or at least as safe as anything can be in this chapter.

2JrebLY.jpg

And a rather nice stat increase for Xander with that level, just two from capping.

UCxdmPw.jpgRoBvXmw.jpg

Percy is a monster.  Too bad his level up can't be one as well.

INtoEos.jpg

Odin earns his paycheck, taking out the scary axe wielder.

UxFHqfe.jpgs9s7NCo.jpg

We advance our wall, soaking up the hits.

BMs6QCc.jpg

Percy is almost able to one round these guys.

waPuI6c.jpg

Sometimes I forget that the Tomahawk is 2 range only in Fates.

euscgfx.jpg

We've finally reached the heart of this room, and we can put this maid out of our misery.

lD3PoSQ.jpg

A just reward for removing that thorn from our side.

tJJOSsF.jpg

Ophelia has to come in and finish the job for Daddy.

awH9hPw.jpg

Seigbert gives Kana a much needed break.

Yz6UdYS.jpg

Finally, the moment of truth.  We'll put an end to the Stave Adept menace.

FcULCCV.jpg

Pretty much

za6aUDj.jpgUIFcPDd.jpg

How does Iago know about Lilith being a dragon fish?  She was in human form until she went to the Deep Realms.

a4GgbEq.jpgMERIm6u.jpg

Enough monologuing, time to die.

HO7at5G.jpgWmu43qE.jpgobv0Gj9.jpg

Ding dong, the witch is dead.

Time to wrap up the map, thankfully, Nina survived, so we can loot Iago's chest room.

4z13aCu.jpgAh2fxCn.jpg

The Seraph Robe will be very useful for somebody.  The Bifrost, I don't think I have anybody who can actually use, though.

OT5NOhp.jpgpglVmMe.jpg

We send Percy in to kill the other maid in the room for XP, but also for revenge.

Ocd2e8G.jpgIlchLCB.jpg

There are several monster filled rooms to the west, just we're just going to skip them for a few reasons.  For one, there are several far range rock throwers who can easily squish our units with no real safe spots.  There is also a maid nearby threatening to entrap us into the room within range, so we're just going to seize the throne and pretend they aren't there.

jQ5jj8I.jpg

We did it, Chapter 26 with no deaths, and even though it felt a lot longer, 22 turns isn't all that bad.

It's been a hot minute since I've read this, my apologies, so I just sorta skimmed the recent posts to catch up. But congratulations on clearing what I remember being one of the most obnoxious chapters, especially with no deaths! Sort of a shame the level from Iago wasn't more impressive, but hey, what's done is done regardless!~ I'll try to keep up more with this so I don't become so lost and behind again, ahah.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

G69sSdl.jpg

Ophelia's two faces here look like she's about to lay down a card that'll turn this duel around.

45 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

obv0Gj9.jpg

Ding dong, the witch is dead.

What a good time to cap.

What a not so great level to cap with (Are you going to use Eternal Seals?)

Also, NO DEATHS FUCK IAGO!

Congrats! 22 turns is pretty good, I think. I would have guessed closer to 30 with that extended tanking session. no monster room/10 though

I was briefly confused by the 0% ‘zerk crit rate before I remembered what Percy’s personal was.

Can’t wait to see the end.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Kana takes a beating, but it's what he's built for

I see you have taken a page from the Daddy Garon book of parenting

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

FcULCCV.jpg

za6aUDj.jpgUIFcPDd.jpg

The way the 3ds handles dialogue makes it look like the conversation is actually

Iago: Are you ready to pay for your betrayal, Lady Rezzi?

Rezzi: No Iago I am ready to kill you. 

Iago: I am the highest ranking general in the Nohrian Army, you fool!

Rezzi: No Iago I am ready to kill you. 

Iago: It was i who sent the faceless that killed that flying rat, Lilith

Rezzi sure does like to kill things

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

It's been a hot minute since I've read this, my apologies, so I just sorta skimmed the recent posts to catch up. But congratulations on clearing what I remember being one of the most obnoxious chapters, especially with no deaths! Sort of a shame the level from Iago wasn't more impressive, but hey, what's done is done regardless!~ I'll try to keep up more with this so I don't become so lost and behind again, ahah.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Ophelia's two faces here look like she's about to lay down a card that'll turn this duel around.

What a good time to cap.

What a not so great level to cap with (Are you going to use Eternal Seals?)

Also, NO DEATHS FUCK IAGO!

Getting the picture at that exact moment did look a bit funny.

I believe I had an Eternal Seal or two from Renown rewards.  If I do, I'll definitely use one one Rezzi.

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Congrats! 22 turns is pretty good, I think. I would have guessed closer to 30 with that extended tanking session. no monster room/10 though

I was briefly confused by the 0% ‘zerk crit rate before I remembered what Percy’s personal was.

Can’t wait to see the end.

If I weren't Ironmanning it or was playing Casual, I probably would have tried the monster room.

Hopefully I'll get to work on the last chapter soon.

1 hour ago, Pengaius said:

I see you have taken a page from the Daddy Garon book of parenting

The way the 3ds handles dialogue makes it look like the conversation is actually

Iago: Are you ready to pay for your betrayal, Lady Rezzi?

Rezzi: No Iago I am ready to kill you. 

Iago: I am the highest ranking general in the Nohrian Army, you fool!

Iago: It was i who sent the faceless that killed that flying rat, Lilith

Rezzi sure does like to kill things

Daddy Garon best daddy

Well, it's not wrong.

I'm laughing at that way more than I should.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:01 PM, Rezzy said:

I've not yet played Thracia, but it's next on my list.  Hopefully it's not too much of a pain.

You might want to wait a little bit. A new translation- Project Exile- is almost complete, just five more chapters until it is. The old one everyone currently uses apparently has a Engrish menu and the language is a bit casual and vulgar (with at least one meme in it). I wouldn't know myself, since I've not played the old translation.

On 3/25/2019 at 1:29 AM, Jotari said:

Magic is what I'm mainly thinking of. Soren in particular. Wasted so much time trying to multi rank him for nothing.

Not to mention you automatically get D when you go Sage if you're below it, but I don't believe you get any WEXP if you're at or above it. So Soren might as well not put any extra effort into improving his Thunder or Fire ranks, since by the time he hits D, you might just be nearing promotion.

Not like A or S magic is all that powerful. Rexbolt has next to nil availability. Thoron is just 3 Mt over Elthunder (7 Mt), Tornado 2 over Elwind (which is 1 less than Elthunder), Bolganone is 2 over Elthunder. Sticking to Els and forges (maxed Mt Thunder is 6693 Gold with 9 Mt, 1 less than Thoron) is good enough, whenever you aren't looking to siege.

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Your ease of clearing that chapter makes me feel less vindicated about disliking conquest.

This one I wouldn't call all that bad. Know Iago's easy pattern, Entrap Hans, ignore the left. The map isn't timed, is fairly closed, and compartmentalized. There is far worse in CQ.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You might want to wait a little bit. A new translation- Project Exile- is almost complete, just five more chapters until it is. The old one everyone currently uses apparently has a Engrish menu and the language is a bit casual and vulgar (with at least one meme in it). I wouldn't know myself, since I've not played the old translation.

Not to mention you automatically get D when you go Sage if you're below it, but I don't believe you get any WEXP if you're at or above it. So Soren might as well not put any extra effort into improving his Thunder or Fire ranks, since by the time he hits D, you might just be nearing promotion.

Not like A or S magic is all that powerful. Rexbolt has next to nil availability. Thoron is just 3 Mt over Elthunder (7 Mt), Tornado 2 over Elwind (which is 1 less than Elthunder), Bolganone is 2 over Elthunder. Sticking to Els and forges (maxed Mt Thunder is 6693 Gold with 9 Mt, 1 less than Thoron) is good enough, whenever you aren't looking to siege.

This one I wouldn't call all that bad. Know Iago's easy pattern, Entrap Hans, ignore the left. The map isn't timed, is fairly closed, and compartmentalized. There is far worse in CQ.

No, this one isn't the worst, that'd probably go to the previous chapter. I'd still put it in the top five though, along with Kotaro, Kitsune hell and Fuga's Funhouse..

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

No, this one isn't the worst, that'd probably go to the previous chapter. I'd still put it in the top five though, along with Kotaro, Kitsune hell and Fuga's Funhouse..

Kotaro and Fuga (he is quite the Fugar in his choice of battlefield, to put it censoriously) I agree with, as I will with Ryoma 2 (reminds me I have my only Lunatic CQ run I still never finished, my Corrin was screwed all over, great for that fight, just one away).

I think I'd trade the Kitsune for 27 & 28 though, since at least you can solo the Kitsune with one really bulky General or Wyvern Lord with a Beast Killer whom you pair Corrin to, using heal items as necessary (or if there were enemy Falcoknights beforehand, a Capture I guess could give you a flying healer to help in WL strats). Not going a solo, and it is much worse.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I'd trade the Kitsune for 27 & 28 though, since at least you can solo the Kitsune with one really bulky General or Wyvern Lord with a Beast Killer whom you pair Corrin to, using heal items as necessary (or if there were enemy Falcoknights beforehand, a Capture I guess could give you a flying healer to help in WL strats). Not going a solo, and it is much worse.

You can also kill Ryoma to easily end his chapter, but the fact that the chapter can be easily cheesed isn't a good thing in my book (unless we're talking Thracia where it's like a competition between the player and the AI over who can pull bigger bullshit). I don't mind hard chapters, I love all the chapters where Takumi is a boss in Conquest (through coincidence, not because I have any affinity for him as a character) including the final one (though on Lunatic I wish you could save after the penultimate chapter because doing it again is just obnoxious).. The chapters that just aren't fun are the ones I dislike. And sticking a bulky General on Corrin with a tonne of elixirs or killing Ryoma isn't fun as it's not actually playing the chapter.

I just caught up with this. Congrats on getting this far on Ironman Lunatic. I make so many mistakes when I play Fire Emblem, I don't know how you manage to play and remain so focused. You're almost at the end of your journey now! Good luck!! 

Edited by Avarice Shadow

On 3/25/2019 at 12:29 AM, Jotari said:

Magic is what I'm mainly thinking of. Soren in particular. Wasted so much time trying to multi rank him for nothing.

See, that's what I didn't like about the way Tellius handled magic - there's generally no real advantage to being able to use all of the magic types since you either specialize in one type or else your weapon ranks wind up being unfocused, which hamstrings mages. I generally found it better to just stick with the magic type you're most proficient with until promotion.

17 hours ago, Jotari said:

You can also kill Ryoma to easily end his chapter, but the fact that the chapter can be easily cheesed isn't a good thing in my book (unless we're talking Thracia where it's like a competition between the player and the AI over who can pull bigger bullshit). I don't mind hard chapters, I love all the chapters where Takumi is a boss in Conquest (through coincidence, not because I have any affinity for him as a character) including the final one (though on Lunatic I wish you could save after the penultimate chapter because doing it again is just obnoxious).. The chapters that just aren't fun are the ones I dislike. And sticking a bulky General on Corrin with a tonne of elixirs or killing Ryoma isn't fun as it's not actually playing the chapter.

Imo beating Ryoma is not cheese at all. I think that chapter is intended as a duel, with the actual chapter being a fall-back in case your Corrin is not able to win. Kinda how RD put Ike on a +10def tile and give him nihil on promotion to make sure that the BK pretty much does not stand a chance. Duels are kinda difficult to make right in a srpg(case in point, Ramza vs Wiegraf in FFT) so if you really want to put one in ganeplay, it will likely be a low point of the game.

19 hours ago, Jotari said:

Your ease of clearing that chapter makes me feel less vindicated about disliking conquest.

I wouldn't exactly call it easy.  It took me about twice as long as usual, since I had to think each move 5 different ways before committing.

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do they have an ETA on when that will be done?

17 hours ago, Avarice Shadow said:

I just caught up with this. Congrats on getting this far on Ironman Lunatic. I make so many mistakes when I play Fire Emblem, I don't know how you manage to play and remain so focused. You're almost at the end of your journey now! Good luck!! 

Thank you!  I guess part of it could be experience.  I'm old

34 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

See, that's what I didn't like about the way Tellius handled magic - there's generally no real advantage to being able to use all of the magic types since you either specialize in one type or else your weapon ranks wind up being unfocused, which hamstrings mages. I generally found it better to just stick with the magic type you're most proficient with until promotion.

That's what I should do, but I always end up using them more or less equally, either due to trying for effective damage or trying to balance my weapon uses.

2 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Imo beating Ryoma is not cheese at all. I think that chapter is intended as a duel, with the actual chapter being a fall-back in case your Corrin is not able to win. Kinda how RD put Ike on a +10def tile and give him nihil on promotion to make sure that the BK pretty much does not stand a chance. Duels are kinda difficult to make right in a srpg(case in point, Ramza vs Wiegraf in FFT) so if you really want to put one in ganeplay, it will likely be a low point of the game.

Maybe, but gameplay wise, missing out on tons of XP and loot makes it seem like you're intended to try to clear the map.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe, but gameplay wise, missing out on tons of XP and loot makes it seem like you're intended to try to clear the map.

You also miss the wishbalde if you roflstomp the BK too quickly, but you are also intended to beat him(i suppose there is a 1 turn wishblade strat, but i am not an LTC expert so i don't really now). But they are side objectives while the main one ia winning the duel. 

Standing still while Corrin solo Ryoma is a safe strategy, but the one that pay the most is taking everything you want and then win the duel(again, there is likely a strategy to grab everything and kill Ryoma in the same turn.)

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Do they have an ETA on when that will be done?

Taken from the topic in fan projects, this statement being made back in December:

"My goal is to be done by the end of April/sometime in early May, so that depends on when your break is."

Looks like it is on track- back in January it added three, another four on March 10th, another five, the latest batch, on March 27th. That is a fairly rapid pace and quite recently. And again, it is only the last five (plus the ending) out of a total of 35 chapters (it's 25 + 8 side chapters + a route split lasting 2 chapters). Hopefully it isn't a ton of words to go through (although it does include the ending).

27 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Duels are kinda difficult to make right in a srpg(case in point, Ramza vs Wiegraf in FFT) so if you really want to put one in ganeplay, it will likely be a low point of the game.

Have to agree here. And I'm not sure what a good alternative would be. Turn the duel into a puzzle? But how to do that while keeping the feel of a duel? An easy quick time event instead of the usual gameplay sounds cheesy and forced as well, if more dramatic.

9 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

You also miss the wishbalde if you roflstomp the BK too quickly, but you are also intended to beat him(i suppose there is a 1 turn wishblade strat, but i am not an LTC expert so i don't really now).

Between a Heron and some siege tomes, I'd think it likely very possible on such a small and open map to just rain spells on Levail. No Nihil means you could proc Flares and Adepts too. And this is just me thinking off the top of my head. 60 HP, 24 Spd (36 with Resolve active), and most 30 Res if he is standing on a +15 Res Wardwood. Soren can with capped Magic hit 48 Atk with Meteor, and double pre-Resolve.