Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

7jm9w38.jpg

Red looks amazing on Soleil. Then again, red looks amazing on anyone.
Speaking of “anyone”, anyone worth capturing here? Zhara has a funny name, meaning “heat” in Russian, and it is cognate to similar words in other Slavic languages.

EDIT: There is a guy whose name means “heat”, and he’s encountered in the same chapter as a girl whose name beans “sun”. Cheeky Treehouse.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Red looks amazing on Soleil. Then again, red looks amazing on anyone.
Speaking of “anyone”, anyone worth capturing here? Zhara has a funny name, meaning “heat” in Russian, and it is cognate to similar words in other Slavic languages.

EDIT: There is a guy whose name means “heat”, and he’s encountered in the same chapter as a girl whose name beans “sun”. Cheeky Treehouse.

This is true.

I think Zhara is the only one worth trying to capture.  I was unaware of Zhara's name's meaning.

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Soleil looks so great with red hair, OMG. You planning on using her?

Yep, I owe it to Laslow.

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Soleil looks so great with red hair, OMG. You planning on using her?

unknown.png

She absolutely does! And she even keeps her black-and-white colour scheme when promoted to hero, unlike Selena who only retains her red-and-black as a bow knight.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

unknown.png

She absolutely does! And she even keeps her black-and-white colour scheme when promoted to hero, unlike Selena who only retains her red-and-black as a bow knight.

That looks stunning!

1 hour ago, Nym said:

@Rezzy Just got a first bond unit named Saffron, a wyvern rider who has Astra and Trample lol

Pretty nice class and skills there.

Our starting position lets us take some cheap shots through the wall, and Camilla gets her first good level-up.

svewRKW.jpgGWPXteb.jpg

Beruka also gets an attack in.

R6tQLX8.jpg

Our starting position has Laslow quite a ways a way from Soleil, and we don't trust the AI to not get her killed, so we need to get her recruited ASAP.  Luckily, we having a cunning plan.

NGqLeM0.jpg

We have Azura chain carried down to the position we have Leo and Laslow paired up.

xQi6n5f.jpgP2GYOCD.jpg201pAdK.jpgRVk1pNF.jpg

Sorry Soleil, that's our fault.  We shouldn't have waited so long to do your paralogue.  Soleil now recruited, that lets us breathe a little more easily.  Keeping all her Green Unit friends alive gets us some rewards, but unfortunately, like all Green Units they have a death wish.  And unlike past games, we can't even rescue them to save them from themselves.  Rezzi tries to interpose herself in between them and the enemy.

FjgALKL.jpg

Laslow happens to have a Master Seal on him, and since Soleil is already level-maxed, it's time for a promotion for her.  We decide to go Hero for Soleil mostly for personal bias.  You'll note that she got Certain Blow and Rally Speed from her parents.

wmRUnmq.jpg0DXt6jU.jpgBRYWSdS.jpg

Rezzi tanks away at the northwestern choke point.

fQcyHtw.jpg

Beruka shows a much better adeptness for battle after her promotion.

EdJeO9t.jpg

Mr Green puts himself in danger and also clogs up a spot we could have put one of our own units in.

jJiKY1n.jpg

Selena relieves Rezzi at her choke point, so she can move south to back up Soleil.

YnDFDAQ.jpgMmAvvyX.jpg

Ophelia wants to emulate her father by taking a crack at Nostanking and Laslow moves in to defend his daughter.

4Ch4K8E.jpgxkDN6qM.jpggH1TF0k.jpg6A108iJ.jpg

I wish she had leveled Magic instead of Strength, but otherwise, not too bad.

mKXyqcs.jpg

Selena is holding her own up north.

YGOIQZV.jpg

Soleil can't do much damage alone, but Rezzi can give her a decent hit.

bR2puSJ.jpg

Azura dances to level up again.  I like how my dancer has the highest Strength in my army.

MavH4hF.jpg

Soleil battle, round two.

otqDX6r.jpg

Rezzi moves forward to prevent anyone from getting at our girl Soleil.

IYSHJqx.jpg

Forrest heals to level, and what is it with my mages all leveling Strength?  He'll have to wait to promote until I can buy another Master Seal.

VZ8NXhZ.jpg

Soleil tries to protect one of our suicidal Green Units.

2jhCVnP.jpg

Selena disappoints us with a horrible level-up.

av6gaWW.jpg

Now that Ophelia has reached level 20, it's time to promote.  Sorcerer is the only option really worth considering here.  Those are some nice promotion bonuses.

sAhvl9c.jpgQyLAxhH.jpg

She'll make her father proud!

Rezzi is holding up well against the southwestern onslaught.

UCQjtgb.jpg

Greenie is stealing my XP and doing his best to get himself killed.

hAChTz8.jpgeXf8bIz.jpg

Ophelia uses her newfound power to man the southeastern side of town.

vxlZE23.jpg

Selena continues to clog the arteries of the enemies' push.

ak6j804.jpg

Niles helps keep Ophelia from getting too overwhelmed.

EabKv3J.jpgBuWCiiZ.jpg

This guy is still alive somehow.

3mG0tLx.jpg

Rezzi and Jakob defeat the enemies as they keep coming.  Jakob gets himself a level-up in the process.

ykoMTkG.jpgoEsYcc3.jpg

Things are looking a bit dicey with Leo to the east, but he gets a well-timed shield charge.

N4GJrLR.jpg

Niles and Ophelia are holding the line to the southeast.

uKQJQ7r.jpg1dEAFin.jpg

Camilla moves north to take the pressure off of Selena.

IfTgHzq.jpg

Leo uses that shield block to finish off the last fighter and level up.  Laslow also gets his final level before promotion.

AYxyNLt.jpg4dlWZMt.jpgXR8OALQ.jpg7bX5PwH.jpg

Ophelia just barely can't one-shot this outlaw, but thankfully crits him.  Camilla plays clean-up.

ZAnealT.jpgcoSUtKV.jpg

Mr Green just has no sense of self-preservation.

Axd18ot.jpgJmlJSyp.jpg

And our Green guy has finally gotten himself killed.

Selena avenges her Green comrade to level up.

00O0BMx.jpg

Camilla takes out more Axe Fighters and gets another good level-up.

AXhVI6m.jpgaOG1MEX.jpguD3occy.jpg

More of the same with Niles and Ophelia.  This is a rout map, but it feels like a defense chapter.

601MMrd.jpgQ6n1wdD.jpg

The chapter has been moving smoothly, with the exception of our Green friend.

3ixcJBR.jpgUPtVc42.jpgi7wXI5U.jpgX4w1Hov.jpg

The forces from the southeastern corner have finally been eradicated, so Niles, Ophelia, and Beruka can move west to help out Rezzi.  The north is looking a bit iffier.

NwKk2kQ.jpg5YrwZbR.jpg

Green Guy number two draws enemy fire and meets his friend in the afterlife.

oHXvpRo.jpgTIQCWWN.jpg5eI84Fi.jpgVQi7OiV.jpg

Our forces try to avenge his death.

rTRi0JI.jpgV2aMKSW.jpgHqtjRKZ.jpg

The map is starting to clear up a bit.  The boss has been moving up, so we can guess no more reinforcements are coming.

ZGMJwP0.jpg

Selena gets another good level-up.  Hopefully we can clear the last few enemies out without too much trouble.

RbG0nVD.jpggzuANyX.jpgIFCgrl6.jpgYYG8aT4.jpgs4nRoJs.jpghMGZ8fI.jpg

Camilla gets herself another level-up, which is just okay.  One reason I'm not big on hybrid classes is that they tend to wind up being middling in both Strength and Magic.

HX8JbyK.jpguYlviC5.jpg

Beruka meets the boss.

lR8mHbX.jpg0leszz0.jpg

I was... a lumberjack!  Leaping from tree to tree as they floated down the mighty rivers of British Columbia!

Niles would like to add Zhara to his collection.

kWZlJ74.jpgZWoRLlK.jpg

Don't worry Zhara.  There's ample opportunities for extra credit.

YR2dgqU.jpg

Time to finish this.

Df1MCl1.jpgYwDRcTb.jpg

The bulk will help for Nostanking, at least.

ANvPAQH.jpg08cerYa.jpg

Beruka decides to miss an 80% hit.

67FkivF.jpg8TgysP3.jpgRzc1j9Y.jpg

And done!

oESskfk.jpgTYHBa1k.jpg

Well, she was okay, but she could use some better weapons.

JI3UW4t.jpg

Why do you think we came here in the first place?

9PkcuDJ.jpgC0iHWDo.jpg

You sure go through girlfriends fast, Soleil.

VRRi9Wz.jpgfJ8RJdT.jpg

I think they sealed more than just friendship there.

Checking back on our prisoners, we try to get +1 Ninja to join our cause.

4MDqss4.jpgqV5XtVc.jpg

Welcome to the team!

And with that, Soleil's paralogue is complete!

Deaths: 2 Green Units

New Units: Soleil, Zhara

9 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

What are you gonna do next?

I'm going to Disney World!

I think I have my second castle invasion available, so I think I'll do that next.  After that, I think I might do the next chapter before getting any more kids.  It will make the paralogues a little harder, but it will save me 2000g on a Master Seal, since my gold is low.

Good catch on Zhara.  He's got a pretty good set though not as good as Gazak's.

Captured units in paralogues are a bit tricky.  On Lunatic I wait to do certain Paralogues until the enemies are promoted (Forrest's, Nina's, Soleil's, Ophelia's, Percy's).  That way I get  them at maxed rank for their secondary weapons.  If they are captured unprompted only their primary weapon rank is maxed, and when they do promote via master seal their secondary weapon starts at E-rank.  In the case of Zhara if he's captured as a Mercenary he will start with E-rank in Axes when he Master Seals.  Whereas if he was captured as a Hero he would come with Max rank in Axes, which for Hero is B-rank.  Not really a dealbreaker, but saves loads of time with that dreaded weapon grind.

55 minutes ago, CA Valkyrie said:

Good catch on Zhara.  He's got a pretty good set though not as good as Gazak's.

Captured units in paralogues are a bit tricky.  On Lunatic I wait to do certain Paralogues until the enemies are promoted (Forrest's, Nina's, Soleil's, Ophelia's, Percy's).  That way I get  them at maxed rank for their secondary weapons.  If they are captured unprompted only their primary weapon rank is maxed, and when they do promote via master seal their secondary weapon starts at E-rank.  In the case of Zhara if he's captured as a Mercenary he will start with E-rank in Axes when he Master Seals.  Whereas if he was captured as a Hero he would come with Max rank in Axes, which for Hero is B-rank.  Not really a dealbreaker, but saves loads of time with that dreaded weapon grind.

I'm at a bit of a dilemma.  I'm not sure if it would be better to do the paralogues for grinding now, or wait until after next chapter, to save the gold on promotion items.  I guess I'll decide tomorrow.

I'm also debating whether I should sell my Friendship Seal, since I don't really plan to be reclassing all that much.

16 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Ironer bow and shinier bow huh

nice names there 

There is also the Killier Bow

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Camilla gets herself another level-up, which is just okay.  One reason I'm not big on hybrid classes is that they tend to wind up being middling in both Strength and Magic.

Ditto. It does not help that most units are only good at one of strength or magic. Hence my reclassing Camilla immediately once chapter 10 is over.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I'm going to Disney World!

I think I have my second castle invasion available, so I think I'll do that next.  After that, I think I might do the next chapter before getting any more kids.  It will make the paralogues a little harder, but it will save me 2000g on a Master Seal, since my gold is low.

How much cash do you have left? Anyway, Percy's paralogue could be used to get more cash.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

There is also the Killier Bow

Killer, killier, the killiest!

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

One reason I'm not big on hybrid classes is that they tend to wind up being middling in both Strength and Magic.

Now that you’ve got Savage Blow, would you consider swapping Camilla to wyvern lord? Any additional Str and Spd would help, and Swordbreaker is pretty sweet, even if locked behind lvl 15. Also—I think—she’s already got Trample, so there isn’t really much gained from her staying a malig knight. Then again, it’s my nooby self speaking.

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Azura dances to level up again.  I like how my dancer has the highest Strength in my army.

MavH4hF.jpg

If only her HP didn't suck so much she could be able to fight mages a bit. :P

Her defence seems unsalvagable though. Like every Azura.

Well, the green units failed again. What did you miss out on?

11 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Ditto. It does not help that most units are only good at one of strength or magic. Hence my reclassing Camilla immediately once chapter 10 is over.

How much cash do you have left? Anyway, Percy's paralogue could be used to get more cash.

I may reclass her, but Malig Knight's skills were my primary reason for keeping her in her base class, apart from the cost.

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Killer, killier, the killiest!

Now that you’ve got Savage Blow, would you consider swapping Camilla to wyvern lord? Any additional Str and Spd would help, and Swordbreaker is pretty sweet, even if locked behind lvl 15. Also—I think—she’s already got Trample, so there isn’t really much gained from her staying a malig knight. Then again, it’s my nooby self speaking.

I might change her later, but she does not have Trample yet, and I really want her to get that.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

If only her HP didn't suck so much she could be able to fight mages a bit. :P

Her defence seems unsalvagable though. Like every Azura.

Well, the green units failed again. What did you miss out on?

Yeah, her fragility is my reason for pretty much only using her for dancing.  She's still got E rank in Lances.

It looks like the wiki says we get a Dracoshield and Physic for keeping them alive.  I'm not having very good luck keeping Green units alive.

We return to our castle with Laslow getting some bonding time in with his daughter. @Infinite Dreams

cSCmzJ7.jpg

Whoa, slow down there, girl.

637ofSv.jpg

Laslow, you're married now.  You can only get your tea from Selena now.

TWE4P5A.jpg

Much like me, Soleil has no shame.

Camilla and Elise also share some sisterly bonding time.  Camilla's supports that aren't about Corrin are the main reason I like her.  Her maternal nurturing nature is on nice display here.

28EDBjn.jpg

Elise wants to know how to get a "technically adult" body.

CP2cq7P.jpgKg1moP4.jpg

Sorry to say, but it's mostly genetics Elise.  Camilla being your sister works in your favor, but it's really a roll of the dice.

We also have a couple promotions to dish out.

Forrest is at max level, and despite inheriting Azura's Strength growth, I prefer a mount and tomes over Butler for him.

0mHHkd1.jpgVNuKv0n.jpg

He's getting stats to rival Elise there.

It's also time for Laslow's promotion.  Normally, I like Hero over Bow Knight, but I'm starting to get a little saturated with Axe units, and Bow Knight gets Rally Skill, which goes nicely with Laslow's skill set.  The mount is always nice, as well.

YMTnzoQ.jpgHUgSfjS.jpg

In anticipation of our next Castle Invasion, I leave you with my drawing of Lilith.

xr8Mo6Z.png

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Sorry to say, but it's mostly genetics Elise.  Camilla being your sister works in your favor, but it's really a roll of the dice.

And considering the fact that they only share Daddy Garon as their parent, I somehow doubt Elise is going to roll twenties.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

In anticipation of our next Castle Invasion, I leave you with my drawing of Lilith.

Lilith always hoards that one orb. Why can’t we retrieve it when she gets spoilered? An orb goes a long way.

On 24-5-2018 at 11:00 PM, Rezzy said:

We sure have a lot of sympathy for a guy who kidnapped Azura, stole our gold, and most unforgivably did not give us any boots.  Small side rant, why does Shura have no support conversations other than Corrin?  It would seem obvious to have him support with...

A: Azura: due to their shared history

B: Kaze and/or Saizo due to their shared hatred of Mokushu

C: Niles and/or Beruka due to their extralegal extracurricular activities

I don't even think he should be S Supporting with everybody, just flesh him out a bit.  It would be nice to have some non-retainers get the spotlight sometimes.

Fates doesn't like prepromotes who aren't Corrin's family. They can only support with Corrin, because Corrin has to be able to support everybody.

It's a shame too because there's a few relationships that would be really obvious to flesh out (Scarlet/Ryoma, Shura/Azura, Gunter/Felicia, Reina/Orochi).

On 24-5-2018 at 11:00 PM, Rezzy said:

Go Kotaro!  Oh, wait we're on the other side.

This is how I feel in Conquest a lot of the time.

Though Zola's case is just the worst, in my opinion. #JusticeForZola

Anyways, nice going again! And well done on capturing Gazak; he seems to be a real beast.

Also, slow down; you're not allowed to overtake me.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I may reclass her, but Malig Knight's skills were my primary reason for keeping her in her base class, apart from the cost.

The cost, I can understand, but the skills, not so much (sure, Trample is good, but it's locked behind level 15. Savage Blow, on the other hand screams "USELESS"; 20% area-of-effect damage sounds great on paper, but in practice, you likely either didn't need it or you just put your unit in a precarious position. Both of those are not a good thing.).

31 minutes ago, Septimius Severus said:

So they should've spared someone who was obviously a deceptive snake? That's a very easy way to get bitten in the ass...

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

And considering the fact that they only share Daddy Garon as their parent, I somehow doubt Elise is going to roll twenties.

Lilith always hoards that one orb. Why can’t we retrieve it when she gets spoilered? An orb goes a long way.

We haven't seen Daddy Garon shirtless, so you never know.

I could certainly use 5 more deployment slots.

5 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Nice drawing 

Thanks, I drew it myself a couple years ago.

4 hours ago, Septimius Severus said:

Fates doesn't like prepromotes who aren't Corrin's family. They can only support with Corrin, because Corrin has to be able to support everybody.

It's a shame too because there's a few relationships that would be really obvious to flesh out (Scarlet/Ryoma, Shura/Azura, Gunter/Felicia, Reina/Orochi).

This is how I feel in Conquest a lot of the time.

Anyways, nice going again! And well done on capturing Gazak; he seems to be a real beast.

Also, slow down; you're not allowed to overtake me.

Yeah, Corrinsexuals really get shafted.

It's like Azura is trying to sabotage the war effort or something.

Gazak makes Daddy proud.

Where are you at?

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The cost, I can understand, but the skills, not so much (sure, Trample is good, but it's locked behind level 15. Savage Blow, on the other hand screams "USELESS"; 20% area-of-effect damage sounds great on paper, but in practice, you likely either didn't need it or you just put your unit in a precarious position. Both of those are not a good thing.).

So they should've spared someone who was obviously a deceptive snake? That's a very easy way to get bitten in the ass...

I'm on the fence on who, if anyone to use my Heart Seal on just yet,  I think I have one in the convoy.

If we just went with Zola's plan, the war could have ended right there.

We get our second free grinding map on Conquest, but we only get to take ten units along.  We also seem to have reached the point where promoted units are much more common.

gO4ov0w.jpg

We take our three Bow units of Niles, Nina, and Laslow since they are effective against the Fliers at our eastern door.  Selena and Xander have Beast effective weapons for the western gate.  Elise and Forrest will be our healers.  Odin is back to show off, and Azura is here as always.

We do a little remodeling in our fort to fortify the southern entrance so we can bombard them with artillery before they are able to reach us.  The Golems are there to whittle them down as well.

aXsb3bU.jpg

The other two gates are set up like-wise.

utYXNzg.jpgPx94zgS.jpg

Are first move is to take out the Great Knights with Xander and Selena, leaving Forrest free to finish off the Mechanist.  Selena strategically blocks the last one free being able to reach Forrest.  They seem to prioritize destroying buildings anyway, but better safe than sorry.

cOeUOIG.jpg

Down south, Azura dancing lets us get two shots out from the Fire Orb.

jWWDJg1.jpg

Niles levels up from taking out a flier.

gxe8XGa.jpg

Laslow needs to work on his Bow Rank.

iq43tGm.jpg

The golems do their job of keeping the units busy, but too bad they can't even do any damage to these guys.  At least they can hurt the maids a bit.

Unmfi6d.jpgRcXOYsJ.jpgJ7P9kgr.jpgjORiSLL.jpg

It seems that the boss here has a Master Seal on him.  It makes me wish I had not spent 2000g on one for Nina, but I guess that means I'll be doing another paralogue before the next chapter now.  These guys really hurt, so we're going to bombard him down as much as we can.

07PPkSi.jpgQvHKl4z.jpg

The last flier tried to run away, but Laslow gives chase.

TtCSnua.jpg

Darn, even my second tier Golem can't do any damage.

LYGOIQM.jpg

More Bow rank training.  The Vandals seem to be more interested in destroying our buildings than attacking our units.

AGPLcQp.jpg

Odin is the only one I trust to take on Mr Gold Attack down south.

cq6CPgo.jpg

Xander and Selena try to weather to enemies that have broken through to the west.

jFPFMvK.jpg

I really hate Spendthrift.  It's literally the pay-to-win skill.

nDbQHLD.jpg0dSoCeX.jpg

Odin doesn't get any HP from his attack, leaving him a bit weak.  We'll need to bring him over to help out Xander with the aid of Azura's dance.

SGC3yqr.jpg