Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

I love how they give the prisoners random names. There are some really strange names in the mix. I believe one of the names is 'Naruto'.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

eaeMen1.jpg

Why do we leave our kids here again?  They get attacked every other day, and we never see the people who are allegedly keeping them safe.

WHY ARE ALL THESE CHILDREN UNSUPERVISED?

I swear, there wasn't anyone minding them the whole time.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

GeRjVIR.jpg

And so ends my deathless streak.  Live by the exact damage, die by the exact damage.

RIP Beruka. She was never strong.

4 hours ago, Rezzy said:

5vDycVt.jpg

They plan capture our son, so we can't have that.  We need to send them to our dungeon.

Attempted kidnapping: the most heinous of crimes.

To be fair, Kana is royalty though. Does Garon know he has 4 kids now, not even counting for Azura?

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

BERUKA NOOOOO!!

Promise me they will all pay. They must all learn their mistake. Painfully.

Beruka isn’t… wasn’t Leo’s wife (and Forrest and Gazak’s mum), she was Niles’ (and Nina’s respectively). But yeah, this would be cool, I guess.

They will all pay Garon-style, even the units that wander in and had nothing to do with her death will pay.

10 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Oh sure we can. Only that the suffering is eternal.

Perhaps

9 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

My memory is playing tricks on me today. First I type that, then I realize I've went this long without taking a tablet I should have 3 hours ago.

It's okay, it happens to us all.

8 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I love how they give the prisoners random names. There are some really strange names in the mix. I believe one of the names is 'Naruto'.

Are they randomly generated each time, or does each unit on the map have a name determined before-hand?

8 hours ago, Bartozio said:

rip Beruka, hope the loss of  a flyers isn't gonna hurt you too much.

This helps you with the deployement problem a bit though

Poor Beruka, we tried so hard to make her viable.

We can still go pick up Shigure and Percy, so we should be okay for fliers.

That's a bit of silver lining, I suppose.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

WHY ARE ALL THESE CHILDREN UNSUPERVISED?

I swear, there wasn't anyone minding them the whole time.

RIP Beruka. She was never strong.

To be fair, Kana is royalty though. Does Garon know he has 4 kids now, not even counting for Azura?

The Fates characters are just horrible, horrible parents.

We never do see them.  The best we ever see as far as guardians go is Dwyer's armor knight bodyguards, who all run away as soon as his paralogue's over.

When you fly to close to the sun on wyvern wings made of wax, you will fall.

We'll have a lot to catch up with, once we meet up with Daddy Garon again.

Leo moves in to weaken Lloyd for Niles to capture.  Lloyd has really let himself go since FE7.

Hc0gum4.jpguYneOWl.jpg

Why is Niles the only one who can capture enemies, anyway?  Did Rezzi issue orders that we are to never attempt to capture enemies, and Niles is the only one who ignores it?

PQiAIZd.jpgsAGT1rq.jpg

Maybe Lloyd was doing a Nuzlocke and since Kana was the first Pokemon he saw in this area, he had to come up with a nickname.

htYYhq9.jpg

And now to move onto his brother.

jWaVPqC.jpg6g1OOQ3.jpg

Hey, my son's not fat.  Elise levels up after weakening Llewelyn.

cLRrGxy.jpgLDtgasx.jpgMnbxluY.jpgAaQIS5i.jpg

Now that we've captured the Bandit Twins, we will just wait for the rest of the reinforcements for some XP grinding.

bljGb6g.jpg

57 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Are they randomly generated each time, or does each unit on the map have a name determined before-hand?

Don't quote me on this but i'm pretty sure they are randomly generated each time.

Our new playmates arrive to face swift vengeance for Beruka.

dT2d0jK.jpgLKT2YI5.jpgKSTP4NN.jpg

Yay, finally D rank Tomes.  It takes forever to get weapon ranks in Fates.

Niles levels up poorly again.  He's been doing well in Speed and Res, but not much else.

uF0dPmF.jpgbjF6lXx.jpg

Laslow working on good ol' E rank bows.  Do any classes in Fates get new weapons at anything above E rank?

0hvkvEz.jpgWt5HNKk.jpg

At least Laslow has been leveling nicely.  Niles plays his role of mage killer.

T7Uz7Qo.jpg

Much like all his life, Kana is currently undefended, so we need to send some troops north to take out his would-be attackers.

QaL3ag8.jpgAPU4qqq.jpgjB5sZzO.jpg

It seems that Kana getting into combat wasn't really a problem anyway.  Maybe that's why there's no babysitter here watching him.

J3mo8aT.jpg

Leo gets an okay level-up after rushing to his nephew's unnecessary defense.

65pliFc.jpgyNIAIHL.jpg

Selena slowly works on her three weapon types.

oTVMnxX.jpg

Ophelia gets an okay level-up, but all these Strength level-ups are wasted on my mages.

mtaaozG.jpgWJeBWTv.jpg

Soleil uses her dad's sword to take out an enemy.  The rest of the brigade clears up the stragglers.

FgwuUoa.jpgEGHzFSu.jpgMCcMh56.jpgAHk0D1Y.jpg

Soleil goes to finish off the last healer that we were only keeping around to wait for reinforcements.

hUZ0xxp.jpgr1LfDwi.jpg

And Paralogue Two Complete!

13xSvz5.jpg

Since the fact that Rezzi is a manakete never got brought up again after Chapter 5, Kana was unaware of his heritage.

hv0goHp.jpg0BwB7vg.jpg

You becoming an indiscriminate killing monster would make Grampa Garon so proud!

ErQJwVO.jpg

Yeah, we should really get around to invading Hoshido.

gN80DyE.jpg

That's dragon for "Death to the Enemy!"

That brings Kana's paralogue to a close.

Deaths: Beruka

New Units: Kana, Lloyd, Llewelyn

Checking in on our new prisoners, our prison is now at max capacity.

EhnwoVI.jpg

We solve this issue a bit by persuading Zhara to join us.

QhjafC7.jpg

We check in on our son, who has inherited Trample and the -Avoid skill.  Nohr Noble is the only choice for him, and one I might have picked anyway, since he needs Dragonstones to use his personal skill.

a19LM9I.jpgaM8ki2t.jpg46B1O7g.jpg

Laslow and Soleil get some more bonding time.

CpIrrNG.jpg

It's okay did, we did the math before pulling all those Sky Knights.

Laslow has a sweet conversation with his daughter about losing his parents.  The Awakening trio really benefits from having continuity carry over.

ycFDvzq.jpgV95aU7Q.jpg

He swore that day that he would kill the six-fingered dragon that killed his father.

Niles tries to hoarder-shame Selena.

01D2kZV.jpg

Hey, I like collecting erasers, what of it?

Soleil can't take a hint from Ophelia.

YEtZNiw.jpg

She's not a lesbian, Soleil.

Lastly, we have another good Camilla Support Convo.  The quality of Camilla's convos are inversely proportional to how much Corrin is mentioned.

61Rq45p.jpg

@Anime27Arts Leo's middle-child syndrome is on complete display here.

pqzJEza.jpg

Camilla understands it.  Love is not a finite resource.  We love all our children.

58 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Niles levels up poorly again.  He's been doing well in Speed and Res, but not much else.

And now you know why I don't like using him - he's overspecialized to the point it cripples him as a unit. Capture does not even come close to making up for this imo.

58 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yay, finally D rank Tomes.  It takes forever to get weapon ranks in Fates.

If you really wanna whine about weapon ranks, go and play Sword of Seals. Because that game makes getting weapon ranks in Fates look swift in comparison.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

You becoming an indiscriminate killing monster would make Grampa Garon so proud!

Get them into the family business young.

Garon would be ecstatic to see his kids and grandkids he knew nothing about doing the good old task of mass murder.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

He swore that day that he would kill the six-fingered dragon that killed his father.

Does the brand count?

Then 6-eyed could do. :P

12 hours ago, Dayni said:

So heinous, the only punishment is death. Comes with the territory of being papa wolf.

On 5/28/2018 at 11:12 AM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

And now you know why I don't like using him - he's overspecialized to the point it cripples him as a unit. Capture does not even come close to making up for this imo.

If you really wanna whine about weapon ranks, go and play Sword of Seals. Because that game makes getting weapon ranks in Fates look swift in comparison.

He mostly got a spot due to being my only Bow user, and I do want to be able to capture units this run.

Oh yes, many games are stingy with Weapons XP, not to mention supports.

On 5/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, Dayni said:

Get them into the family business young.

Garon would be ecstatic to see his kids and grandkids he knew nothing about doing the good old task of mass murder.

Does the brand count?

Then 6-eyed could do. :P

It's a family tradition.

On 5/28/2018 at 3:48 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

So heinous, the only punishment is death. Comes with the territory of being papa wolf.

In Nohr, death is the punishment for everything.

We return to our story with Rezzi and Selena doing some bonding.

whfkzlt.jpg

It's not really a secret.  With my armor, my black battle panties are on display for everyone to see.

QumFXOV.jpg

I already know.  They're black, too.

pCt2Ih4.jpg

So is that Hoshidan Medium or Nohrian Medium?  It's always hard trying to order clothes off of Amazon.

Elise and Jakob are getting some more alone time.

6uS1Jg4.jpgGIB62tF.jpg

You can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true.

And Nina seems to have moved on from her mother's death pretty well.

jKxCA2k.jpg

I think that "tea" is a euphemism for the same thing that "pie" was a euphemism for in Awakening.

Before we go pick up Jakob and Elise's love child, we manage to convince a bandit to join us.

4oC2Neg.jpg

Jakob has an bewildering deep seated contempt for his son.

aAaWXti.jpgFHmPNgc.jpg0AXWlQN.jpg

How exactly does he know you're coming?  Since years seem to pass within days, it must be impossible to keep a real schedule.

JEpesDw.jpg

And so begins Dwyer's paralogue.

There's not really much to this paralogue, so we'll just be sitting the units that are the most over-leveled at the moment.

PxesMHq.jpg

I just had the realization.
Earlier I made a mistake in the thread where I erroneously wondered on the consequences of Leo losing his wife and Gazak and Forrest losing their mother when Beruka died.

Even though it is Azura who is Leo's wife this playthrough... this being Conquest means the entire thing is going to be valid no matter what. Worse, not one of them will have anyone to insanely bludgeon to death with joke weapons as a coping mechanism. Also Shigure is going to suffer through it too by default.

Now I feel like I made a self-fulfilling prophecy, and you're stuck with it.

23 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

R.I.P. Beruka. You died as you lived.

Related image

It's a wonder she made it this far.

10 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

I just had the realization.
Earlier I made a mistake in the thread where I erroneously wondered on the consequences of Leo losing his wife and Gazak and Forrest losing their mother when Beruka died.

Even though it is Azura who is Leo's wife this playthrough... this being Conquest means the entire thing is going to be valid no matter what. Worse, not one of them will have anyone to insanely bludgeon to death with joke weapons as a coping mechanism. Also Shigure is going to suffer through it too by default.

Now I feel like I made a self-fulfilling prophecy, and you're stuck with it.

It's always sad when the plot goes and kills my units.

On 27-5-2018 at 5:42 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

So they should've spared someone who was obviously a deceptive snake? That's a very easy way to get bitten in the ass...

Proper and legal way of dealing with that situation: saying: "Zola, stand down. Do not execute the Hoshidans. That is an order."

Illogical way of dealing with the situation that also constitutes treason and manslaughter/murder, and causes a lot of needless danger and bloodshed: attacking and killing your own troops out of the blue.

On 27-5-2018 at 10:34 PM, Rezzy said:

Where are you at?

I'm on chapter 24 now!

On 28-5-2018 at 3:53 AM, Rezzy said:

RIP Beruka Chapter 10-Paralogue 2.  In her hubris, she leveled Strength, only for the RNG gods to strike her down for her folly. @Vaximillian

What a tragic fate... At least this great tragedy will be remembered in the songs and poems forever!

May the RNG gods, their ire now sated, be kinder to you in the future.

On 30-5-2018 at 1:42 AM, Rezzy said:

GIB62tF.jpg

You can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true.

I like how the English version keeps emphasizing Elise is "technically an adult".

It's like they felt the need to constantly point it out to make up for the fact that she actually isn't.

2 hours ago, Septimius Severus said:

Proper and legal way of dealing with that situation: saying: "Zola, stand down. Do not execute the Hoshidans. That is an order."

Illogical way of dealing with the situation that also constitutes treason and manslaughter/murder, and causes a lot of needless danger and bloodshed: attacking and killing your own troops out of the blue.

What, and give Zola the chance to blab to Hans, Iago, or even Garon himself (or at least give one of the soldiers under him the chance to do so)? That could easily land Corrin and friends in trouble, and thus you would have to be pretty naive to think that would be better than what Leo did. Anyway, isn't it established that the Nohrian army was divided in two - one faction that supports Xander and Corrin, and the other loyal only to Garon, Hans and Iago? I would imagine Zola and the soldiers under him are among the latter...

6 hours ago, Septimius Severus said:

I'm on chapter 24 now!

What a tragic fate... At least this great tragedy will be remembered in the songs and poems forever!

May the RNG gods, their ire now sated, be kinder to you in the future.

I like how the English version keeps emphasizing Elise is "technically an adult".

It's like they felt the need to constantly point it out to make up for the fact that she actually isn't.

It's funny when taking prisoners suddenly becomes acceptable in a few chapters.

I wonder how the supports go in the Japanese version or if it's a localization thing.

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

What, and give Zola the chance to blab to Hans, Iago, or even Garon himself (or at least give one of the soldiers under him the chance to do so)? That could easily land Corrin and friends in trouble, and thus you would have to be pretty naive to think that would be better than what Leo did. Anyway, isn't it established that the Nohrian army was divided in two - one faction that supports Xander and Corrin, and the other loyal only to Garon, Hans and Iago? I would imagine Zola and the soldiers under him are among the latter...

Maybe Garon could overrule, but if it was between Xander and Iago or Hans, I'd think Xander would hold more sway.

Updates will return once my home internet stops shorting out on me.  Hopefully soon.

We return to our story, already in progress

lwA6a3Z.jpg

We don't want to draw the boss just yet, but we can have an enemy or two attack us through the wall, and even though some of them have locktouch, none of them seem to know how to open doors.

Dwyer is relaxing in his room when the partycrashers arrive.

IpUzd6q.jpgxjIQBXp.jpg

Despite his reputation, Dwyer does not shirk from duty and bravely stays to heal his armor crew.

TkAMA42.jpg

I honestly have no idea what problem Jakob has with healing.  He seems to be one of those parents that's never satisfied with what their children do.

55g3tHG.jpg

The survival rate of Green units in this LP isn't very high, so we dance him up on turn one to get him to his disappointing son as quickly as possible.

kG81snM.jpg

Our plan to draw some enemies pulls one mage, but the rest don't seem motivated to move over.

Edited by Rezzy

22 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I honestly have no idea what problem Jakob has with healing.  He seems to be one of those parents that's never satisfied with what their children do.

Here’s a comprehensive list of people Jakob isn’t being a dick to:
1. Jakob

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Here’s a comprehensive list of people Jakob isn’t being a dick to:
1. Jakob

Even coming from the organ Jakob personifies does not spare Dwyer.

24 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

2. Corrin 

You'd think.

Laslow tanks some ninjas through the door, and then quotes what Jakob said when Elise presented him with his son for the first time.

pqj2lfD.jpgTl72nNf.jpgAUGWTu6.jpg

Arthur joins Laslow in tanking the door before we move in.  How exactly are we fighting through a door, anyway?

YGfqQ6k.jpgdv1Z85f.jpg

The Green units are going to try their darnedest to get themselves killed before we can reach them.  It's Battle Before Dawn all over again.

6l4g6Lx.jpg

These guys need go get Wary Fighter before they get Beruka'd.

Edited by Rezzy

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Jakob is disappointed by everyone, even if Dwyer had been fighting he'd still likely complain about something.

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Arthur joins Laslow in tanking the door before we move in.  How exactly are we fighting through a door, anyway?

Through the letterbox?

15 hours ago, deskita said:

It's a 2% crit therefore the curse of Beruka won't strike :D

They have a 2 Berukas chance.

14 hours ago, Dayni said:

Jakob is disappointed by everyone, even if Dwyer had been fighting he'd still likely complain about something.

Through the letterbox?

Probabaly

Maybe they should stop opening it up my ninjas claiming to be the mailman.

Jakob finds his spawn and really lets him have it.

E4jT4z0.jpg

Dwyer shows his sarcastic enthusiasm that makes me love him.

AsiWCgN.jpgiVO5Fb0.jpg

Jakob would find fault in an A- report card.

GxmrRbq.jpgwVrTNVe.jpg

What's Jakob's problem with healing?  Running into the the battlefield unarmed to heal your comrades isn't exactly cowardly behavior.  When I graduated from med school, my parents didn't say "You know practicing medicine is great and all, but why aren't you punching people?"

y9E0Ejt.jpgjRt33uE.jpg

Jakob, you've been mostly healing in this LP, why the sudden aversion to it?  If Dwyer was fighting, would you get on him for not healing?

mSu0jYj.jpgosIxP72.jpgpeOTMOz.jpg

After Jakob's done taking out his insecurities on his son, Nina opens the door so we can move in on the enemies.

BGmHNeC.jpg

Time to train our child in the art of war while he's young.

eZr8MGt.jpg

It has me tearing up.  It's just like when Daddy Garon brought out prisoners for Rezzi to kill.