Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

Now it's personal.  Elise also getting another level up, but Flora must pay for what she did.  I was originally going to leave her there, but this demands payback.  Jakob approaches for some custom dialogue.

l4zq60H.jpg?1guLbHjK.jpg?13x2d74i.jpg?1

She doesn't even say sorry for killing Jake's best bud.  Rezzi comes and finishes the job.

tuBKaib.jpgC7GW8uW.jpgVQdJihJ.jpg?1

We mop up the last few stragglers, and Mozu levels up again, just leaving the boss.  For having Aptitude and decent growths, Mozu sure hasn't been getting that great of level-ups.

iBC6qQN.jpg?1

Jakob confronts the man responsible for his C pal's death.

OP5rcxh.jpg?1

Rezzi joins in.  You take my cavalier, I take your clothes and your dignity.

WuD9gKe.jpg?1LhDF1Uy.jpg?1

I get him down to just 1 HP.  I figure I can use this opportunity to give Mozu the kill for a bit of XP.  Then, this happens...

4vk6seQ.jpg?1

Wait?  What, how?  Even if Mozu missed, Rezzi had a 100% hit chance on dual strike...

Oh, that dastard had Vantage...

Well, kids, let this be a lesson to always check enemy skills.  Why does he get Vantage though?  It's not even the right class.

Oh grumble grumble, let's just kill him and be done with it.

26qLRtY.jpg?1

Don't look at me!  The plot won't let me kill you.  If it were up to me, I would demand justice for Silas and Mozu.  I get another mediocre level out of it, but that's a tough pill to swallow.

UGRfSFN.jpg?1

Chapter 8 Complete!

Deaths: Silas, Mozu

New Units: Niles, Odin

And now I realize my party contains only units available in Heroes.  It was just a joke, game, you didn't have to take my Mozu, too.

Well, we don't have to worry about benching units again for a while.

Next time, we will see if Daddy Garon is proud of us for quelling the rebellion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R.I.P. Silas & Mozu. I've never actually read/watched a CQ LP, so it's interesting to see the similarities/differences in map approach.

I had the opposite experience with Kilma's Vantage once, actually...I was expecting it to activate but it didn't. Later I remembered that the 75% threshold is only in Heroes =P .

Edited by LordFrigid

15 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

NOOOO MOZU!!

I like how l literally just joined in and I'm already sad over something 

Yeah, I started off so well, then two deaths in a chapter that had been going pretty well.  Silas's I kind of saw coming once he got Frozen and couldn't dodge anything, but Mozu's really hurt, because I had the map pretty much beat, and lost her because the boss had a random skill.

If this was D&D, the DM would have said "Are you sure you want to do that?"

7 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

R.I.P. Silas & Mozu. I've never actually read/watched a CQ LP, so it's interesting to see the similarities/differences in map approach.

Losing those two will be harsh for future maps.  I used both pretty heavily in my last playthrough.

38 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Rezzy Awww poor Silas. Well I guess it makes it easier for me to vote for your marriage option then, hopefully Odin can survive :D

Also it's refershing to see Conquest again, I haven't touched the game in a long time. Wish you luck!

Odin's starting out decently with his first level up.  I like mages, so I hope he turns out well.

37 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Rest in peace, Silas. Never lived long enough to make it into Heroes...

At least we know why, now.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Wow, welp. Team non-Heroes isn't doing so good... is it too soon to expect Nyx to be nixed, then?

I hope not.  I need my mages.

Edited by Rezzy

Just now, Rezzy said:

Losing those two will be harsh for future maps.  I used both pretty heavily in my last playthrough.

Yipes, sorry to hear that. Losing Silas is a particularly heavy hit, at least from my perspective. What's your familiarity with using Odin and Niles, out of curiosity? I usually get a lot out of both of those two in my playthroughs.

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Yipes, sorry to hear that. Losing Silas is a particularly heavy hit, at least from my perspective. What's your familiarity with using Odin and Niles, out of curiosity? I usually get a lot out of both of those two in my playthroughs.

Both were pretty RNG screwed for me in my last Conquest playthrough, and in Revelations, they came so late, I didn't really use them apart from breeding them for paralogs.  One nice thing about the Ironman is that it will force me to use new units and not just rely on the same team I usually use.

Especially with Mozu biting the dust, I want to make Niles work.  I might give him a Skill Book or something.  I remember his hit rates being particularly bad last time.

Oh man, two units in the same chapter? That's rough.

Well, I hope you'll do better in the next chapters.

Say, what'll you do if basically everyone dies except Corrin? Will you continue even with no units?

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Oh, that dastard had Vantage...

Well, kids, let this be a lesson to always check enemy skills.  Why does he get Vantage though?  It's not even the right class.

Oh grumble grumble, let's just kill him and be done with it.

Welcome to Conquest Lunatic, where every mistake is going to hurt you!

At least she had been getting bad level ups

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Don't look at me!  The plot won't let me kill you.  If it were up to me, I would demand justice for Silas and Mozu.  I get another mediocre level out of it, but that's a tough pill to swallow.

Something tells me Garon would like you a lot more if Corrin had your personality

Yeesh, RIP to Silas and Mozu, two units who I'd actually trust to use in Conquest.

Well, most of the units aren't doing too badly, but I'd still worry as chapter 10 is coming.

11 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

O to the u to the c to the h. You've gone and lost units already...

Valuable lessons were learned.

11 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

Oh man, two units in the same chapter? That's rough.

Well, I hope you'll do better in the next chapters.

Say, what'll you do if basically everyone dies except Corrin? Will you continue even with no units?

I'll try to go as far as I can, hopefully it won't come down to just Rezzi.

10 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Welcome to Conquest Lunatic, where every mistake is going to hurt you!

At least she had been getting bad level ups

Something tells me Garon would like you a lot more if Corrin had your personality

Too bad I had already given her a Heart Seal and an Energy Drop.

I just want to make Daddy Garon proud.

6 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Silassss noooo. You were my bestie! Oh well, as a unit I prefer Xander and Peri.

But Mozu nooooo. I love her :(

This does open the door for Peri to be used, who I haven't really used before.  Xander should be able to pick up the Cav slack regardless.

4 hours ago, Natalie said:

omg a Rezzy LP

I voted Izana~

Poor Mozu and Silas...

Yay!

Hopefully no more deaths for a while.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Yeesh, RIP to Silas and Mozu, two units who I'd actually trust to use in Conquest.

Well, most of the units aren't doing too badly, but I'd still worry as chapter 10 is coming.

Chapter 10 will be daunting.  At least we have one more chapter to prepare.

I was thinking about seriously using Odin.  Even if he doesn't win the groom poll, he seems to have a lot of support so far.  He might get a stat booster or two, and some nice Tomes.  I know a common recommendation is to reclass him to samurai, but I've never been huge on the myrm class and very much prefer mages.  This will also save me another Seal.

Man Conquest is hard, I got so unlucky at Chapter . This is why I prefer Casual, because at least if some dumb shenanigans happened, you can still recover.

50 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Valuable lessons were learned.

Like check your dang opponents' skills or risk a unit being finis.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I was thinking about seriously using Odin.  Even if he doesn't win the groom poll, he seems to have a lot of support so far.  He might get a stat booster or two, and some nice Tomes.  I know a common recommendation is to reclass him to samurai, but I've never been huge on the myrm class and very much prefer mages.  This will also save me another Seal.

For reclassing Odin, I know I would, but that's because I'm of the mind he can work pretty well as a Dark Knight and Samurai allows him to get some sword skill (also give him a chance for more speed). Then again, resources are very tight in this playthrough and what I just mentioned is pretty expensive to be considering. Really doesn't help that magic users get a little screwed here to the point Conquest's lack of archers irritates me.

Peri can be useful (sadly she's been better for me than Arthur or Nyx consistently, which is sad considering my thoughts on Peri), though she's also pretty vulnerable defence wise, so I've put her in Great Knight to try to cover for that. I don't know how viable that would be in Lunatic though, Ninjas are bad enough in Normal.

Kilma also got Vantage because his goal was to Kilyor units. Yeah that was bad.

8 hours ago, Nym said:

Man Conquest is hard, I got so unlucky at Chapter . This is why I prefer Casual, because at least if some dumb shenanigans happened, you can still recover.

I made my Rev playthrough casual so I wouldn't have to worry about dying while grinding.  This time, it's an extra challenge.

8 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I've heard chapter 10 is very, daunting to say the least

Yes, though I think there's a few very cheesy ones towards the end.  The ones involving Wind Dragon Veins come to mind.  Chapter 10 is tough, but doesn't feel as cheap.

8 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Like check your dang opponents' skills or risk a unit being finis.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

For reclassing Odin, I know I would, but that's because I'm of the mind he can work pretty well as a Dark Knight and Samurai allows him to get some sword skill (also give him a chance for more speed). Then again, resources are very tight in this playthrough and what I just mentioned is pretty expensive to be considering. Really doesn't help that magic users get a little screwed here to the point Conquest's lack of archers irritates me.

Peri can be useful (sadly she's been better for me than Arthur or Nyx consistently, which is sad considering my thoughts on Peri), though she's also pretty vulnerable defence wise, so I've put her in Great Knight to try to cover for that. I don't know how viable that would be in Lunatic though, Ninjas are bad enough in Normal.

Kilma also got Vantage because his goal was to Kilyor units. Yeah that was bad.

I think I'll be keeping Odin as a Sorcerer, a mount is nice, but he loses Nosferatu, and gaining Swords doesn't really give him anything.  It's locked to 1 range mostly, and Tomes and Swords are on the same edge of the Weapon Triangle.  I want to try to give him as much Magic as possible.  Trying to keep both Strength and Magic for Odin will probably just make him bad in both.

Speaking of Odin, he got a Spirit Dust and a Speedwing. 

ULsEnw3.jpg

I wonder if that 666 for his experience is an ill omen.  Well, no point in worrying about it now.

I saw that I have my first Castle Invasion now, so I bought a few HP, Str, Mag, and Spd Tonics for my guys.  No Smithy or Mess Hall just yet, since I don't have enough DP yet.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I made my Rev playthrough casual so I wouldn't have to worry about dying while grinding.  This time, it's an extra challenge.

Yes, though I think there's a few very cheesy ones towards the end.  The ones involving Wind Dragon Veins come to mind.  Chapter 10 is tough, but doesn't feel as cheap.

I think I'll be keeping Odin as a Sorcerer, a mount is nice, but he loses Nosferatu, and gaining Swords doesn't really give him anything.  It's locked to 1 range mostly, and Tomes and Swords are on the same edge of the Weapon Triangle.  I want to try to give him as much Magic as possible.  Trying to keep both Strength and Magic for Odin will probably just make him bad in both.

ULsEnw3.jpg

I wonder if that 666 for his experience is an ill omen.  Well, no point in worrying about it now.

I saw that I have my first Castle Invasion now, so I bought a few HP, Str, Mag, and Spd Tonics for my guys.  No Smithy or Mess Hall just yet, since I don't have enough DP yet.

Nice Odin's looking decent. 

The 666 is his dark powers coming through!

Good luck on the invasion!

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

ULsEnw3.jpg

Meanwhile I grined so much to get all the children and I have yet to get Kanna.

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Good call, imo. He's looking pretty good, too!

Just reading this kinda makes me want to play CQ again...

Well, time for one of three freebie grind sessions for us in Fates.  I decided to spread my units like so.

QJVVViG.jpg

I rearranged my buildings a bit to try to make it more defensive.

Arthur goes up against the mostly Lance enemies to the west, with Rezzi pairing him for back-up.

Niles and Odin take the eastern entrance, which has all Axe Fliers.

Effie goes south against all the Sword Mercs.  There's an Armorslayer among them, but with WTA and a bit of luck she should be okay.  (Silas would have been nice here, but you have to work with what you've got.)

Jakob and Elise are both positioned towards the middle, so they can go where they are most needed.

Lilith hangs out to the south with Effie to hopefully do some chip damage.

The plan goes pretty well at first, and Odin gets his second level up, less glorious than his first one.  His bosom buddy also gets another crappy level-up.

9iDB6d3.jpgXoNGtTP.jpg

It is at this point that I remember the enemies prioritize destroying buildings, so Arthur waiting in the forest does a bunch of nothing for him.  I don't yet have enough building to build an effective wall at every entrance.

HJ3Gm1n.jpg

Meanwhile down south, Effie is a little too proud for a subpar level-up, while Arthur's is a bit better.

yGtVMV7.jpglWkIMW9.jpg

My calculated risk of letting Effie face the Armorslayer pays off with a little top-off from Elise giving her a very nice level.  Not pictured, but Lilith makes the ultimate sacrifice in defense of the castle, so she died as she lived.

tJ8fz4M.jpgXcQXaNE.jpg

Nodin swings down south to exterminate the mercs that headed east to vandalize my prison, giving Odin another meh level.  Niles grabs a vulnerary from his bestie.  Effie finishes off the mercs for what I think is her first good level-up.

GK40pj5.jpgkkwxY1d.jpg

Arthur got the skill Gamble with his last level-up, which does a bit more harm than good for him at this point.  Trading 10 Hit for 10 Crit isn't so great right now.  Rezzi could finish off this guy, but would get negligible XP.  My quick math shows that everyone in range would survive engagement with the enemy, so I decide to try to give Arthur the kill.

HzZIKZM.jpg

Arthur's first hit lands, and with that...

Invasion 1 Complete!

Deaths: Lilith (She gets better)

New Units: None

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well, time for one of three freebie grind sessions for us in Fates.  I decided to spread my units like so.

QJVVViG.jpg

I rearranged my buildings a bit to try to make it more defensive.

Arthur goes up against the mostly Lance enemies to the west, with Rezzi pairing him for back-up.

Niles and Odin take the eastern entrance, which has all Axe Fliers.

Effie goes south against all the Sword Mercs.  There's an Armorslayer among them, but with WTA and a bit of luck she should be okay.  (Silas would have been nice here, but you have to work with what you've got.)

Jakob and Elise are both positioned towards the middle, so they can go where they are most needed.

Lilith hangs out to the south with Effie to hopefully do some chip damage.

The plan goes pretty well at first, and Odin gets his second level up, less glorious than his first one.  His bosom buddy also gets another crappy level-up.

9iDB6d3.jpgXoNGtTP.jpg

It is at this point that I remember the enemies prioritize destroying buildings, so Arthur waiting in the forest does a bunch of nothing for him.  I don't yet have enough building to build an effective wall at every entrance.

HJ3Gm1n.jpg

Meanwhile down south, Effie is a little too proud for a subpar level-up, while Arthur's is a bit better.

yGtVMV7.jpglWkIMW9.jpg

My calculated risk of letting Effie face the Armorslayer pays off with a little top-off from Elise giving her a very nice level.  Not pictured, but Lilith makes the ultimate sacrifice in defense of the castle, so she died as she lived.

tJ8fz4M.jpgXcQXaNE.jpg

Nodin swings down south to exterminate the mercs that headed east to vandalize my prison, giving Odin another meh level.  Niles grabs a vulnerary from his bestie.  Effie finishes off the mercs for what I think is her first good level-up.

GK40pj5.jpgkkwxY1d.jpg

Arthur got the skill Gamble with his last level-up, which does a bit more harm than good for him at this point.  Trading 10 Hit for 10 Crit isn't so great right now.  Rezzi could finish off this guy, but would get negligible XP.  My quick math shows that everyone in range would survive engagement with the enemy, so I decide to try to give Arthur the kill.

HzZIKZM.jpg

Arthur's first hit lands, and with that...

Invasion 1 Complete!

Deaths: Lilith (She gets better)

New Units: None

JUSTICE HAS PREVAILED!

37 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Nice Odin's looking decent. 

The 666 is his dark powers coming through!

Good luck on the invasion!

Thanks, I like the Invasions insomuch as you can edit the terrain to an extant.

25 minutes ago, Nym said:

Meanwhile I grined so much to get all the children and I have yet to get Kanna.

Corrin still a bachelor?

20 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Good call, imo. He's looking pretty good, too!

Just reading this kinda makes me want to play CQ again...

So far his levels have averaged out to be okay.  I would like him to start getting some Speed.

Now that I've gotten a decent amount of Gold and DP, I did some Castle Stuff.  First we have a trip to the mess hall, which highlights my staffing shortage, since I have to hire a temp to cook for me.  "Hey Jakob, what kind of self-respecting butler can't fix a meal?"

rQtORGb.jpg?1

This sounds dubious.  I just gave you a glass of milk...

JS51KT1.jpg?1yGQrZxk.jpg?1

I guess it turned out very okay, so at least no one got sick.

And a gallon of milk can't even cover seven people?  Did my kids get to it first or something?

28TiZWD.jpg?1

I update all my supports and Odin reminds me why I love him.

q3X9aKU.jpg

Odin also happens to be manning the Tome store, so I buy some Thunders on sale.  This is makes me questions why I have to pay for Tomes at all when the store's in my castle, and the shopkeep is my underling.

I want to take advantage of Odin's great personal skill, so we glue all these Thunder Tomes together and must christen this codex with a title befitting a mage as glorious as Odin Dark.

ANLGQoJ.jpg?1

I forgot to mention earlier, but Rezzi got a Seraph Robe.  I also forgot to mention she's a manakete, but the plot forgets, too, so don't worry.

One last bit of housekeeping is to remove Gamble from Arthur.

dgBKl9r.jpg

No one has gotten their one purchased skill yet, but now that I have a smidgen of gold, I might get a few soon.

For my cavalier situation, I know that many have said Jakob makes a good one, but healing is far better utility at this point than another mount.

Next time, we shall reunite with our long lost sister-cousin who winds up in Nohr for reasons.