Rezzy Tries to Ironman FE Fates: Conquest

Rezzy

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think he's got a 5% Luck growth, so maybe not.

I'm convinced Iago is a D&D player who just put Chaotic Evil on his character sheet and didn't bother giving his character any real motivation.

Oh ye of little faith

Losing just one unit on the hardest chapter in the game's not too bad.

I men, maybe Anankos will bless him (wait shit he's crazy), err Naga (nope dead and other world) no maybe Mila, (nope dead and asleep permenantly), uhh... yune, Ashera ashunera , velezark?. Shit I've got nothing that can bless him 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I men, maybe Anankos will bless him (wait shit he's crazy), err Naga (nope dead and other world) no maybe Mila, (nope dead and asleep permenantly), uhh... yune, Ashera ashunera , velezark?. Shit I've got nothing that can bless him 

Anna is the only goddess who can save him.

5 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

I have lots of faith!

Hide contents

In Chapter 10's ability to break seasoned players on lunatic ironman

We shall see.  But if we go down, we shall do so in a blaze of glory.

We enter Chapter 9 to see that two girls are within the fort with names, and that mean's they are recruitable.  Imgur doesn't like it when I try to upload 50 pictures at once and put them all out of order, so I might not report everything chronologically on this one.

Azura has as much faith has @Shoblongoo in my abilities to keep her alive.

HQuI6m8.jpg

Meanwhile back west, pairing with Niles gives Rezzi enough movement to go talk to Nyx on turn 1.

AUWlUPd.jpg

Azura acts like Link in the Hyrule gardens while Rezzi baits a couple samurais.  She brings Effie along for the Def bonus, since Seal Def is everywhere in this map.  And unlike like in Heroes, here, it hurts.

5XVaofl.jpg

Nyx takes a potshot at the first mook, then Effie delivers a heavy blow to his compadre.  Down to 2 HP, Odin swings in to finish him off with his nifty new tome.

pCFJVy0.jpgZBrxoKk.jpg

To the east, Azura engages the lone patrolman after recovering a conveniently placed Lance.  Her first round of combat is enough to get her her first level-up of our reunion.  It's close, but Azura finishes him off without too much trouble.

ylpqzNa.jpgtFjMYFz.jpgDGuxRzg.jpg

With that, we end phase one, noticing a conveniently placed Dragon Vein.  The patrolman's friends seem to not be bothered by him not returning.  One would think a prisoner of Azura's caliber would have someone actually watching her, or at least tying her up or something.  At least they had the courtesy to take her lance away and put it a box that they gave her the key for.

vhfTbnh.jpg

9 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Hey--I'll be the first to applaud your encyclopedic knowledge of pro strats if you pull it off.

I went through med school, encyclopedic knowledge of pointless details is my forte.

Beginning phase two, we identify the kink in our armor.  This shrine maiden's enfeeble staff will make us have a bad time, but we can just let her zap us and wait it out, but the spearman must be on break or something, because they don't charge us when she does it.  After she uses her last charge, and we shake off the debuffs, we can make our next move. 

TtICRoZ.jpg?1

We earlier bypassed the mob in front of the main entrance.  They'll just sit there until we get into their range, because their health plan does not include glasses.  Azura zaps the guys in the middle, so we'll want to take out the archer, since Rezzi's about the only one who can handle multiple hits here, and she's weak to arrows.

DxFGIKj.jpg?1

Odin and Jakob then team up to eliminate the samurai from the other side of the wall, which gives Jakob a decent level-up.

lOZEQiF.jpg?1e3Cuaen.jpg?1

Next, we're a bit worried about all these guys swarming one unit, which even Rezzi might not be able to survive, so Elise freezes the couple to the right.  Elise takes a single hit, but survives thanks to being in Guard stance.  From here, we're able to play cleanup pretty easily, granting Odin a good level-up.

3BkOJhu.jpgXmkhWDF.jpg

We are now ready to reunite with our dancer to the northeast.

Meeting up with Azura triggers several reinforcements, but thankfully they aren't ambush spawns like previous games.

Odin unleashes the Onion treatment on them.

bhylNcU.jpg

Azura dances, Odin's aching blood is unleashed, Arthur triumphs, and Elise heals them back up.

7UPBXQX.jpg?1Ipbrb4T.jpgzmXe31y.jpghpIXSt2.jpg

We have now reached phase three of our plan.  The hardest part is behind us, so we just have to make sure not to make any dumb mistakes now.

w6wHEOu.jpg

Remember how we skipped the guys by the door?  Well it's time to bait them now.  I imagine they've just been waiting here the whole time, wondering when the Nohrians were going to try to storm the keep, only to see their entire brigade fallen behind them.  Someone rolled a critical failure on a spot check.

Coming from the east lets us bait the archer, rather than taking all the enemies at once.  Effie draws them in.  Azura sings for another level-up and I guess all my good level-ups had to be evened out eventually.

PMODtF4.jpgDJicg5p.jpg

I guess Effie ate Azura's level-up.

XBs28jx.jpg

We now need to eliminate the archers on the other side of the wall.  Odin's aching blood cannot be contained and he snipes Archer #1 with an overkill crit.

s1yN6RZ.jpg

The remaining archers retaliate on enemy phase, but Odin's has temporarily ascended to godhood and takes no damage from any of them and crits them into the netherworld.  I love Odin's personal skill.

M8lM227.jpg

We now go back around to take out that Shrine Maiden that's been standing there this whole time.  I decide to give Nyx some easy XP, which results in an unsatisfying level-up.

h5FcnPO.jpgopIHkdo.jpg

Niles and Odin then team up to take out the last two grunts to the north.  Azura dances to level up again.

b7FHpca.jpgYodbG3H.jpg

Now down to just the boss, Niles would love to have him in his dungeon.  Effie tries to bring him down without killing him.

nQRnj5t.jpgrSFcXW0.jpg

Effie takes a hit and withdraws a couple times to whittle him down.  Elise gets a level for her efforts.

pPeJsUz.jpgTB2mPw1.jpg

Down to 1 HP, Haitaka is ready for Niles.  Niles only needs to hit once, and if he misses both times, Elise can rescue him with her handy dandy new staff.

xqABOm2.jpg

Niles' first shot misses, but the second one lands, so Haitaka gets captured by Niles and sent to the dungeon. @Levant Mir Celestia Like that

mOJEDRr.jpg?1

This is a seize map, so that means all that is left is to seize the throne, which is randomly placed in the middle of this fort, whose architecture makes no sense.  But I'm from the GBA Support Grinding School of Thought, so I shamelessly grind Azura to get up to speed with my other units.

ECKYq2Z.jpg

Spoiler

9VFltHt.jpg?1AuJWoPk.jpgtJdz4ar.jpgvNmJv1L.jpg8WOvKxD.jpg?1wVg6Uwe.jpg?1

Just look at that turn count!

drlV3cI.jpg

I may be playing dirty, but Chapter 10 is next.

We reunite with Azura and from this moment she plots her revenge against the nation that shunned her.  Nothing like a gullible princess looking to please daddy for being the perfect one to manipulate into enacting her plans.

O6eNQgX.jpgek2AX2t.jpg

Chapter 9 Complete!

Deaths: None

New Units: Azura, Nyx, Haitaka

Edited by Rezzy

53 minutes ago, Nym said:

Hey no one hasn't died in this mission.

Unlike me...

Who died?

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Who died?

Mozu. Ambushed by the reinforcements from the stairs.

Next reset Azura.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

To the east, Azura engages the lone patrolman after recovering a conveniently placed Lance.  Her first round of combat is enough to get her her first level-up of our reunion.  It's close, but Azura finishes him off without too much troubl

With that, we end phase one, noticing a conveniently placed Dragon Vein.  The patrolman's friends seem to not be bothered by him not returning.  One would think a prisoner of Azura's caliber would have someone actually watching her, or at least tying her up or something.  At least they had the courtesy to take her lance away and put it a box that they gave her the key for.

Maybe she killed one of the guard beforehand and stole his key? Azura is a lot more savage then you might expect

Congratz on clearing this chapter without any deaths. I like seeing how Odin is slowly turning into the hero he was always ment to be. Please don't let him die in the next chapter

13 hours ago, Nym said:

Mozu. Ambushed by the reinforcements from the stairs.

Next reset Azura.

Poor Mozu

12 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Yay Nyx! I love Nyx.

I've got plans for her when I get off work.

11 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Maybe she killed one of the guard beforehand and stole his key? Azura is a lot more savage then you might expect

Congratz on clearing this chapter without any deaths. I like seeing how Odin is slowly turning into the hero he was always ment to be. Please don't let him die in the next chapter

I have headcannon for Azura that I've begun to reveal in my interpretation of the story.

I'm going to try my darndest to keep him alive.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Odin actually got good levels. Go him.

Also, I feel bad for Haitaka already.

This is the best he's turned out for me, luckily.

I needed a Red Shirt for next chapter.

This must've been quite the comfortable prison, if Azura was so hesitant to leave that she resorted to stalling by dance practice. RIP this being a low-turn count ironman run too, huh? 

But well done! I'm excited and maybe a tad scared for the next map... here's hoping nobody that I care about ends up taking the fall there.

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Ouch...grinding Azura all the way up to 15 without Silas to expedite the process.

Congrats on finishing Ch 9!

Not quite 15, but 12, though

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

This must've been quite the comfortable prison, if Azura was so hesitant to leave that she resorted to stalling by dance practice. RIP this being a low-turn count ironman run too, huh? 

But well done! I'm excited and maybe a tad scared for the next map... here's hoping nobody that I care about ends up taking the fall there.

Oh well, low turn count was never my thing anyway.

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Hopefully chapter ten goes well! I've heard it's quite hard

if Odin dies you're dead to me. No pressure :P: 

Any less pressure and I'd undergo explosive decompression.

14 minutes ago, Nym said:

I can't wait to chapter 10.

To quote the Gungal General: "This is going to hurt."

No pain no gain

I see Odin and Laslow are neck and neck in the poll now.  I bet that pleases @Infinite Dreams

Before Chapter 10, we made lots of preparations.

First we go around checking our shops and Jakob needs to learn to manage the staff better.  Aces in their places, dude.  Arthur should be nowhere near the lottery.

uzf05cc.jpg?1

And the 12 year old girl is sent to guard our prisoner.

t41urIn.jpg?1

But Spear Guy will not betray his country for just anything, he needs some grain and a few rocks.

PRjBkm4.jpg?1

Such loyalty is admirable.  Since we do not have the gems, we send Odin in to convince him to join our cause.

PvjUO43.jpg?1

Next we have a few promotions to hand out.  Normally, I wait until max level to promote, but for Chapter 10, we need to have our units at their best.  Elise and Effie get promotions.

B6XPTFr.jpg?1nTvbMiT.jpg?1

Elise can go Maid or Strategist, and it's not even a contest.  Strategist gives her more movement, rather than losing it, and her Strength is so beyond redemption that I don't know why I would go for daggers over tomes.  My only question is why this class is called "Strategist" now, it really has nothing to do with planning warfare, besides participating.

Effie goes for Great Knight.  It fixes her horrible movement and gives her complete weapon triangle control.  Sadly she loses her custom pink armor, but I'm not a huge fan of Generals.

Next, we have special class changes for a couple units.  I like these items, since it's the equivalent of getting a promoted class without having to use a Master Seal.

Arthur becomes a Dread Fighter and somehow loses Luck.

wYwU3ZU.jpg?1

Lastly, Nyx makes a visit to Kyubey.

mqddtSN.png?1

"I wish I had better stats!"

And she became a magical girl!

cWDVFgp.jpg

And we have a couple more rewards to hand out.

Odin gets a Dragon Herb to reward his awesomeness.

cGPDjT7.jpg?1

Azura gets some Boots, because her utility increases exponentially the more she can move.

uGwL5f4.jpg?1

We finally stop lollygagging and head out to Chapter 10.

Silas is gone, but not forgotten.  Sometimes, if you close your eyes, you can hear his voice. @mcsilas

kZ0PY9D.jpg?1

For a nation that just got invaded, they sure have a pretty good offensive going.

xC0u2Xn.jpg?1

First Hoshido kidnaps Azura, then they slander Daddy Garon, and now they're posturing at random spots in Nohr, which I still have trouble imagining geographically.  This cannot be tolerated.  How dare they invade us when we were getting ready to take a ferry to go invade somewhere!

yKr5qSU.jpg?1

@Arcanite@Anime27Arts Miss Nohrian Scum Slayer makes her first appearance.  She knows the red team is heavily favored in Chapter 10.

SwRA5iv.jpg?1

Buckle in everybody, we're going to be in for a wild ride!

17 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Strategist gives her more movement, rather than losing it, and her Strength is so beyond redemption that I don't know why I would go for daggers over tomes.

Rezzy, allow me to introduce you why to why Felicia is the best maid, featuring Flame shuriken (Or Felicia's plate)

Although Strategist is definately the class for her.

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

Rezzy, allow me to introduce you why to why Felicia is the best maid, featuring Flame shuriken (Or Felicia's plate)

Although Strategist is definately the class for her.

Plus that would require her to get to a C rank in daggers, meaning for s good portion of the game Elise would be stuck doing like no damage

and or waste two arms scrolls to get to C rank