Class Improvements going in to FE Switch?

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I dunno.  I'm just going to say I've never found myself using Falcon Knights for healing that often.

I found them useful if I needed to top someone off or just to give them enough to survive enemy phase.

^

Flying healer is super useful. FE4 Falcons never returned for a reason, and when they returned in Fates, they removed Swords to balance it. I also like that Staves differentiates em more from Dracos.

And if you don't like Staves, you could go Kinshi Knight

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I do agree that Lethality was nigh useless, but other than the occasional gem, stat booster or promotion item, stealing was not very useful in the games where you couldn't steal weapons.

And what in the hell is that going to do for them, besides make them into Paladins with flight, huh? Not that that's a bad thing, but I seldom saw swords on Falcon Knights as very useful.

Swords will have more use to their strength stat compare to their low magic growth and obviously help with their common WT weakness in axes.

• 4 weeks later...

If the game would have long storylines and chapters, I prefers 3rd tier classes, but also I like alter some classes as well. Example below had some of the class names that I'd altered for 'better' terms :

Tier I :          |  Tier II :            |  Tier III :          | type :    | Wpn. :

Lord               GreatLord          WarLord ----------- ?               ?

Tactician       Executor            Grandmaster --- inf.           ?

Knightmaster    Paladin ----------- cav.       Sw, Ln

Cavalier

GreatKnight       Cataphract ----- cav.      Sw, Ln, Ax

Knight

Guardian           General ------------ inf.        Ln, Ax

Soldier

Spearmaster     Sentinel ----------- inf.        Ln

Animus              Seer ----------------- cav.       An, B

Arcanist

Advisor              Strategist --------- cav.      An, St

Troubador

GreatMonk        Abbot --------------- cav.       Lt, St

WarCurate

FalconKnight     FalconMaster - fly.        Ln, St

SkyKnight

KinshiKnight     KinshiMaster -- fly.         Ln, B

Archer

Sniper                Marksman ------ inf.         B

Hunter

BowKnight        Hussar ------------ cav.        Sw, B

Mercenary

Hero                   Vanguard -------- inf.         Sw, Ax

Fighter

Axemaster        Berserker --------- inf.         Ax

Mystic               Exorcist ----------- inf.         Lt

LightMage

Sage                  Wizard  ------------ inf.         Lt, An

AnimaMage

Conjuror            Summoner ------ inf.         An, Dk

DarkMage

Sorcerer            Hexer --------------- inf.         Dk

Wyv.Knight       Wyv.Master ---- fly.        Ln, Ax

Wyv.Rider

MaligKnight      MaligMaster -- fly.         Ax, An

Grif.Rider

GriffonKnight    Grif.Master ---- fly.         Ax, B

Hpgrf.Rdr.

Hippogriff Kn.   Hpgrf.Master - fly.         Ax, Lt

Swordmaster    TrueBlade ------ inf.         Sw

Swordsman

Assassin            Guillotine ------ inf.         Sw, Dg

Thief

Rogue                 Whisper -------- inf.         Dg

DreadSoldier      DreadFghtr. - inf.         Sw, Ax, Dg

Villager

Squire                 Begleiter ------ cav.        Ln, B, Dg

Peasant

Serf                     Maid/Butlr. -- inf.         St, Dg

DarkWinger        DarkFlier ------ fly.         Ln, Dk
DarkCaster

DarkHorse          DarkKnight -- cav.       Sw, Dk

NightCaster

Enlighter             Oracle ---------- inf.         Lt, Dk

Note: inf. = infantry, cav. = cavalry, fly. = flier, Sw = Sword, Ln = Lance, Ax = Axe, B = Bow, Dg = Dagger, Lt = Light, An = Anima, Dk = Dark, St. = Staff.

On 5/9/2018 at 4:00 PM, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Swords will have more use to their strength stat compare to their low magic growth and obviously help with their common WT weakness in axes.

Which would mean something were it not for swords often being one of the worst weapon types. Also, most games with swords on Falcoknights either were lance heavy or had weak enemies.

18 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Wasn't Rescue an low rank Staff in fates? That as probably done with Falcoknights in mind.

It was like that in Awakening too. Though unlike in Fates, it's range was dependent on the user's Magic.

Change all horse units be like they are in Berwick Saga.
Horses have HP and can die which gives an incentive to dismount. Lances do bonus damage on horseback based on how many spaces you move.

Probably better to lower the HP pool of horses, but have them heal at the end of the map though. Maybe have a usable item that heals your horse.
Also, remove the swords-only when dismounted (FE5), that was pretty dumb.

Make it so Horse units are force-dismounted when indoors and fliers can't be used indoors at all (This would increase thief viability because indoor maps are where the locks and chests would be and it frees up your unit slot to use them, then for an outdoor map you bench them and use fliers again.) (Also, mixed maps with indoors and outdoors would be a lot more unique in that way, having alternate routes where you send your fliers around a different path maybe carrying some other units too. While the rest of your squad goes indoors to assist your thieves in their looting.)