I intend to start playing this game for the 1st time and....

4 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

I think it has the same glitch/programming as the rest of GBA games where status conditions don't decrease if someone is being rescued.

Played these games for years without noticing that. That's how important that "glitch" is. 

Not really a glitch, but a flaw. Unlike in other Fire Emblem games, Rapiers, Halberds, Horseslayers and like are not effective against Nomads in this game. Just to keep that in mind.

Mild spoilers ahead:

Spoiler

Douglas cannot be recruited by his daughter or his prince. One might say this isn't a glitch, that it was intended. Well, if that is the case, then that's a mind glitch. Douglas' mind is glitched. So look out for that.

On a more serious note, aside from the glitch/flaw Garlyle mentioned, there's the fact that this game makes use of ambush reinforcements, which again, it's not exactly a glitch, but I believe it's worth mentioning. I don't know how much experience you have with the series, so I'll tell you what those are: reinforcements that move in the same turn they arrive. This means your healer may be killed without you being able to do anything about it. Reinforcements are usually very well-telegraphed or out of the way in this game, but there are a few instances where this sort of bullshit situation can occur, so be careful.

Oh, and you cannot use statboosters/promotion items in the prepscreen. It's rather annoying. If you find an item that you want a unit to use inmediately, don't send it to the convoy, you'll have to give up a weapon or two in the next chapter just to allow the unit to use the item.

Edited by Saint Rubenio
I talked so much about minds in the spoiler, I even wrote mind instead of mild. Kudos to you, me.