New Heroes Summoning Event: Genealogy (May 10 ~) - Ishtar, Lene, and Ares from Genealogy of the Holy War - (WARNING: DATAMINE SPOILERS)

Coolmanio

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lene gets to be in the game first before her mother, Sylvia. Okay. Overall I'm not too interested in the banner, going to skip. I like Ares gameplay wise in FE4 rather than his character. I dislike Ishtar greatly, and I prefer Lene overall. Maybe the next banner will be more to my liking.

I've never played Genealogy, so as far as I'm concerned, this is skippable. Although the art is nice.

I'm more interested in that Surtr Jr seen on the map at the end. Are we getting a new male OC? Nice nice. I guess this is the final member of the Burning Triad or whatever it was Laegjarn called it.

I am in shock that there are no alts on this banner.  I really like the designs and a new dancer in the regular summoning pool is great.  I will be pulling red all the way since I want both Ares and Lene.  There are certain people who must be thrilled about Ishtar and I hope I pull her some time but she is lower on my list the Ares.

Edited by EricaofRenais

Oh wow! Super cool! Some Jugdral love and a banner with no alts. I wonder if they're making up for the two alts on the last Jugdral banner. At first, I thought Ares was an Eldigan alt, but then I forgot that his son looks just like him. XD Ishtar looks like she's going to be scary. "Thunder Goddess" is a fitting name. All the characters have great art. And it's cool that we'll be getting another dancer in the pool!!! Though it makes me wonder who would end up dropping? Probably Ares. 

The promise of Julius too is pretty neat, so I'm all on board with this banner. I may wait until the next one is announced before I decide to pull or not. 

Anyone know who the axe guy in the last scene is? I'm not familiar with Jugdral characters really. 

Damn, wasn't expecting Ishtar this quickly.  My stocks are still drained from April's banners...perhaps I'll hold off for a little while.  Good news is that Julius is free!  I figured he'd be made a banner character after the Grima!Robin, so that's a pleasant surprise.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Oh wow! Super cool! Some Jugdral love and a banner with no alts. I wonder if they're making up for the two alts on the last Jugdral banner. At first, I thought Ares was an Eldigan alt, but then I forgot that his son looks just like him. XD Ishtar looks like she's going to be scary. "Thunder Goddess" is a fitting name. All the characters have great art. And it's cool that we'll be getting another dancer in the pool!!! Though it makes me wonder who would end up dropping? Probably Ares. 

The promise of Julius too is pretty neat, so I'm all on board with this banner. I may wait until the next one is announced before I decide to pull or not. 

Anyone know who the axe guy in the last scene is? I'm not familiar with Jugdral characters really. 

New OC it looks like.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

That guy at the end is not Geneolgy related. Makes me think he’ll be an oc, either Surtr’s son, or Surtr without his armor

As for me, it’s hard to decide wheter to summon or not. Might decide at that point

I'm really surprised that we're getting second generation Genealogy characters already, but I'm not complaining at all. I'm ecstatic for this new banner! I'd like to have Leen just so I can have all the dancers.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

New OC it looks like.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

That guy at the end is not Geneolgy related. Makes me think he’ll be an oc, either Surtr’s son, or Surtr without his armor

As for me, it’s hard to decide wheter to summon or not. Might decide at that point

Very interesting. If he is indeed somehow related to Surtr, there goes my theory about Surtr having murdered off all the guys in his country so he can be the only one. XD It would be nice to see another male OC at last! But I'll try no to get my hopes up too high. XD

Turns out Spd Tactic was bait for Ishtar... I'll throw every orb I can get for her and Ares because I really like those two. Lene will be a pity breaker because I never liked dancers in FE4 even with the "dance 4 units at a time" and I have like 5 dancers already.

Julius is the GHB?  Cool, I wonder if there will be a TT with this banner and if so, who would be the reward?  I guess I will have to wait for the data mine tomorrow to find out.

Nothing I'm in a hurry for, but solid character picks. Might go for Ishtar anyway for her C skill. Now that I have so many bases covered, there isn't much big stuff left to save up for.

I'm guessing Lene will be the 4* drop, but it could be Ares.

Definitely planning on upgrading Julius. Surprised there's no mention of a TT unit.

I wonder which, if any of these units will drop down.  There's no obvious candidate this time.

9 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

I've never played Genealogy, so as far as I'm concerned, this is skippable. Although the art is nice.

I'm more interested in that Surtr Jr seen on the map at the end. Are we getting a new male OC? Nice nice. I guess this is the final member of the Burning Triad or whatever it was Laegjarn called it.

Most likely, though I guess it also depends if Laevatein is considered part of the Triad (pretty sure Loki isn't).

If Laevatain isn't part of the Triad, then we could have another OC out there.

~Dark Mystleteinn is a straight upgrade from normal Mystletainn aside from lacking refinery upgrades, which can be either a boon or a bane depending on how you look at losing access to Fury 3 built into weapon... Also quite the unique effect built in. Pretty much guarantees that enemy phase Ares will be running Bonfire or Luna, depending on how good his Def will be, and will have the skill ready to snipe a kill from another unit after his initial job is done...

Seal Def/Res would probably be better if daggers didn't exist already, but props for adding yet another obvious skill combination finally.

We'll have to wait and see Ares himself, see how he stacks up to his father.

~If Lene only had Wings of Mercy, she'd be the dancer we've all been building since day 1 of Skill Inheritance. Safeguard+ will probably be replaced with Ruby Sword anyways, but that is still quite the nice sword to have be inheritable. A reverse Berkuts Lance sure, but a reverse Berkuts Lance that will be available in the summoning pool.

Oh boy Arden got an early Christmas, now didn't he...?

Also that now makes 3 units in the regular summoning pool to have Sword Valor 3 before we even get one of literally any other Valor to be put in, let alone Breath or Staff Valor...

As for Lene herself... I dunno, not like we use dancers in combat anyways. She is definitely getting demoted to 4* though.

~Holy shit Ishtar does not skimp on her given title. Special Charge -1 and Darting Blow 3 built in to her weapon, Swift Sparrow 2, AND a new stat buffing series, the Odd Waves?

Vantage is... a little less than stellar on a unit who is CLEARLY player phase built, but HOLY CRAP. Her speed stat better not disappoint.

Also no alts.

Banner rating: 20 out of 10. No, 20 out of 5. 20 out of 1. TO HELL WITH YOUR ALTS, INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS. I'm joking by the way.

Edited by Xenomata

Ishtar: They baited me real good here. The last thing I need is another blue mage, but she's the one blue mage I will always have room for. Killer effect + Darting Blow, and Swift Sparrow? Also, obviously not the drop because she has three skills.

Ares: I'm wondering if Dark Mystletainn stacks with Heavy/Flashing Blade, and if Eldigan will eventually get it as a weapon evolution option the same way Ephraim and Hector got their alts' weapons as evolution options.

Lene: Looks to be the obvious drop. Safeguard+ looks like it's Berkut's Lance except it's a sword that has Steady Stance.

I like all of these characters, just not enough to whale for them after spending everything to get Micaiah, but I'll totally take a Julius.

1 minute ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Ares: I'm wondering if Dark Mystletainn stacks with Heavy/Flashing Blade, and if Eldigan will eventually get it as a weapon evolution option the same way Ephraim and Hector got their alts' weapons as evolution options.

Since the effects of Heavy and Flashing Blades are in-combat, and Dark Mystletainns is post-combat, I'd say they stack.

I'd also safely say that yes, Eldigan will get Dark Mystletainn, probably at the same time that Brave Lyn gets Swift Mulagir.

I haven't played geanealogly before but I am hyped for this banner, the characters look really good, and we finally get a new standard dancer, not to mention, no alts so I don't have to worry about getting someone I already have instead of learning about a new character 

I have no idea who these characters are, so I'm passing. None of them are green either, which disappoints me. The green pool is still too small. Even if alts are needed to expand it, I'd accept that. It's currently too hard to get green summons imo.

Also going to pass on Julius. I already have his dad and he's probably very similar.

I'm going to keep saving orbs.