New Heroes Summoning Event: Genealogy (May 10 ~) - Ishtar, Lene, and Ares from Genealogy of the Holy War - (WARNING: DATAMINE SPOILERS)

Coolmanio

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

So says it's Surtr? That's clearly not him. Looks clear as day like a new OC.

I wasn't saying that that guy is Surtr, just that Surtr up until this point has always had Sinmara.

Man does Genealogy have great music. Super excited about this banner.

Little surprised about Ares. He's so like Eldigan in looks that I thought we wouldn't seen of him for a while (if ever).

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Man does Genealogy have great music. Super excited about this banner.

Little surprised about Ares. He's so like Eldigan in looks that I thought we wouldn't seen of him for a while (if ever).

Jugdral has great music in general.

During the last TT, I sometimes just sat and listened to the final map music. So good.

A very interesting banner...

• Ares - His sword looks very powerful, but I want to see it in action besides what the trailer gave us. 
  • Lene - A new dancer is always nice. The Safeguard sword is the the physical equivalent of Berkut's Lance. (Now really I hope Berkut gets a prf weapon...) But that sword would be amazing on a lot of other sword units.
  • Ishtar - Her skill set is pretty broken! +10 Spd and +4 atk when initiating on top of a +6 atk on odd turns! That is crazy! I think Odd atk Wave is the first C skill that buff the unit who has it. If we have Odd Atk wave, then my guess is we will get 8 new skills. Odd/Even + Atk/Spd/Def/Res Waves. 

I'm not super interested in any of these units, but they do look really cool (or really broken). It will be interesting to see how their stats match up. I'll do the full session with the free summon, its what I've been doing the past few story banners. I'm waiting for Owain.

20 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well......

eltshan  aless

...you aren't wrong. Lazy sprite work at its best, folks.

I remember the first time I saw Ares's sprite in an average stats page, I was so confused because everything I'd read said Eldigan wasn't playable. I had to pull up both side-by-side to realize they were actually different.

Anyway, a bit surprised Ishtar's Mjolnir gives darting blow. I would've thought they'd save that for Forseti. Mayble they'll give it something stupid like a static +8/10 speed. Not sure what I would've though they'd give her aside from the special cooldown because of the massive skill boost.

Ares if I ever actually manage to get him and he doesn't dodge me like his dad's been, will be fun. Give him QR and he's guaranteed to have draconic aura ready to go every round after the first round. I feel like you'd probably be able to pull it off with QP and Dragon Fang though. QR drops dragon fang to 2 on the first turn, QR gives you a proc on your second hit, then after combat it drops to 2 and rinse and repeat.

As for stats, Lene will probably just be Olivia with the extra BST. I imagine Ishtar will be in the vein of Linde or Delthea where she's got a bunch of attack and speed, but will have a little more physical bulk than they do in exchange for a tiny bit of magical bulk. I'm curious to see if Ares will be like his dad or more similar to how he was in the game where his stats will be pretty well-rounded, but favoring attack, and having actually decent res.

Oh, jeez, I don't even have orbs and I'm ridiculously hyped for this.

Edited by bottlegnomes

oh lene looks cool and i swore i was gonna save my orbs ughh

is she voiced by the girl who did tatiana in echoes?? they sound similar but i don't know voice actors

I'll probably pass on the Genealogy banner since I'm broke on Orbs and need to save up again. (The Legendary Banner devoured my orb stash.)

Ares looks all right and has some interesting skills. Lene's weapon looks interesting, but otherwise I'll just stick with Olivia. Ishtar I enjoyed using as a Spotpass unit in Awakening, but her default artwork in Heroes puts me off a little.

Hopefully Lene gets demoted. It would put two pretty nice, but not incredible skills into the 4* pool. Firestorm Dance would be a great alternate to WoM for dancers and Valor skills are just nice utility in general.

Gonna skip the banner, though. I'd like Lene and Ishtar, but not enough to pull when I'm relatively low on orbs.

Good to be seeing a banner with no alts, though. Unfortunate that such a thing is even being said, though...

13 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

A very interesting banner...

• Lene - A new dancer is always nice. The Safeguard sword is the the physical equivalent of Berkut's Lance. (Now really I hope Berkut gets a prf weapon...) But that sword would be amazing on a lot of other sword units.

I'm guessing she'll have the current mage BST standard of 151. Ninian had 149, but that was a long time ago

I only got 17 orbs and there's no Quan so it's an easy skip for me. I do regret having to skip out on Ishtar and Lene since I like them and Ishtar got a pretty insane base kit. At least Julius is a freebie :lol:. For some reason I still dislike Ares, he's not that different from Eldigian yet I only care about the father. 

Holy wow I did not expect Ares to make it in the game. I voted for him in the first CYL as my FE4 pick. Now it's just Mycen, Maribelle, and Othin that still need to get in. Never would have guessed Ares would make it in before any of those three. Also he's probably getting demoted based on those skills and that would make me really happy.

Ishtar feels underwhelming. I guess it's the artwork posing her as a Playboy bunny. What else were they gonna do with her outfit?

Why is Sword Valor the only Valor skill making it into the summoning pool - and for a third time? Please, I need Bow, Green Tome, and Red Tome valors!

Edited by Glennstavos

I enjoy that Ares and Lene are released together. It holds, in a plot perspective, and I love when they do that.

Same thing for Ishtar and Julius but these two were making it into the game eventually for sure at some point. 

Also, more people that skip the banner because they haven't played the game should.. play the game. Genealogy should not be skipped, imo. :o

Huh, cool. Not sure if those are all the characters I would have picked for Genealogy's second generation, I think I may have thrown in Arthur somewhere, but these characters all look good. Ishtar in particular looks awesome and I do wanna pull for her at some point, but I might just wait for another banner. I have no orbs left from Legendary Lyn's banner. I'm happy to see Genealogy of the Holy War getting some love and I'm happy to see no non-Legendary/CYL alts, though!

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Holy wow I did not expect Ares to make it in the game. I voted for him in the first CYL as my FE4 pick. Now it's just Mycen, Maribelle, and Othin that still need to get in. Never would have guessed Ares would make it in before any of those three. Also he's probably getting demoted based on those skills and that would make me really happy.

Ishtar feels underwhelming. I guess it's the artwork posing her as a Playboy bunny. What else were they gonna do with her outfit?

Why is Sword Valor the only Valor skill making it into the summoning pool - and for a third time? Please, I need Bow, Green Tome, and Red Tome valors!

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. I don't actually remember the last time they demoted two units, and if anyone's getting demoted it's almost certainly Lene. She's got some decent skills, but nothing that even comes close to a brazen and Ares Mysteltainn. Plus they still haven't demoted his dad and he's almost certainly going to be inferior to Ares.

On a side note, this also makes me wish characters who brought upgraded weapons could equip the old version of the weapon. I know in mosr cases, if not all, the new is outright better, but occasionally it'd be nice to have the option to run either. I don't have Valentines Hector, but there have been a few cases where double QR/WF regular Hector hs been a God send, and if I did have V!Hector, I'd imagine I'd want to have the option to run that with him too.

11 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Also, more people that skip the banner because they haven't played the game should.. play the game. Genealogy should not be skipped, imo. :o

I second this! Interesting story and great characters (for the most part, some do fall flat). The map sizes are rather ridiculous for anything that doesn't have a horse but that isn't an issue if you're used to Awakening's maps T_T

P.s. If anyone is going to drop, my money is on Lene. Her skills are rather unimpressive compared to the other two and I see no reason as to why Ares would drop before Eldigan.

Edited by ChickenBits

2 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I second this! Interesting story and great characters (for the most part, some do fall flat). The map sizes are rather ridiculous for anything that doesn't have a horse but that isn't an issue if you're used to Awakening's maps T_T

I'd love to play it. I'm just hoping for a remake so I can play it. I don't like emulating games and try to avoid it when I can.

Great that Ishtar and Julius are FINALLY coming! Kind of odd picks for second gen. I would've expected Shannan and maybe Ced. Also it's a travesty that Lewyn is still MIA.

More Jugdral is always reason to celebrate! 

Never played Genealogy, so this is an opportunity to save orbs again. Ishtar does look very good, but thankfully I am not attached to her. Good luck to everyone trying to get these guys!

I HAD LOST ALL HOPE.  My god, this banner.  Why did I spend 128 orbs to do that second round of pulls, hell I would have even passed on that first round of 66 orbs even though the legendary banner had the halloween armors I wanted so much.  

I will drop every orb I have to get these units, all of them.  I will do all the chain challenges if I have to, and all May quests and scrounge every orb I can.  I should be able to get 400ish again but I don't know if that will be enough.  

I totally expected the next banner after the huge bait legendary banners and frankly all the enticing banners we've been having lately with rare skills and super powerful units was going to be something containing really powerful units probably Fallen heroes level to catch people off guard after golden week.  However nowhere in my wildest dreams did I really expect FE4 to get represented again.  NO ALTS EITHER.   I can go bankrupt summoning on this banner with a clear conscience.  I've had good luck recently and I know that bad luck happens too, just please not on this banner.  

Also Julius GHB?  Holy **** (put whatever word you think fits), I actually never thought he would get in.  I can't wait to see what Heroes does with him.  BEST BANNER EVER.  

18 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Also Julius GHB?  Holy **** (put whatever word you think fits), I actually never thought he would get in. 

Really? Why? I thought he was a lock for eventual inclusion and the 2nd most likely to be GHB from Genealogy after Ishtar.

Makes sense for them to put Ishtar has a pullable character instead of GHB though, considering she can pull in the money probably better than any other Genealogy character left.

It's going to be weird if Julius is underwhelmingly strong though, considering how much of a terrifying presence he is on that chapter where he appears to only leave if he or Ishtar kill someone (or get defeated first). I could never not lose a unit without abusing save states. 

Edited by Vince777

Whilst I prefer generation 1 units of Genealogy, I really want Lene. Too bad I've sworn off 3% banners permanently. Hopefully she comes around in the free summon!

They all look great though, I'm glad Jugdral's getting the love. I thought it'd be Roy for this upcoming Legendary Hero banner, but wouldn't be surprised to see Seliph. Still expectin Roy, though.

1 hour ago, Shadowess said:

is she voiced by the girl who did tatiana in echoes?? they sound similar but i don't know voice actors

You would have never guessed (or you would), but Tatiana is voiced by the same actress who voiced Lachesis and Athena in Heroes. Really.