New Heroes Summoning Event: Genealogy (May 10 ~) - Ishtar, Lene, and Ares from Genealogy of the Holy War - (WARNING: DATAMINE SPOILERS)

Coolmanio

I'm glad they brought back Bride Caeda's artist to do somebody else. His quality is top notch. And with a character design like that to work with, this level of fanservice could make this banner stand to earn more than the original game's release.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice that Julius got into the game, but there is still one red haired jugdral mage missing in heroes.

Also i'm wondering what they will do with Forseti now that Mjolnir has the darting blow skill build into it. It'd be weird if the wind tome known for boosting speed won't be boosting speed anymore.

I think I am going to pass up on the banner myself though. I never found Ares very interesting and Lene/Ishtar are units I do like, but not enough to spend orbs on after a legendary banner.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Same artist

Wow! The artist definitely improved a whole lot then. I always disliked how the artist drew Eldigan's face. But hey, at least his son looks nice!

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Eh, she's still the most likely and the only banner where nobody's dropped was the Fallen Heroes banner (unless the last banner drops nobody)

Yeah, she seems the most likely. But the quality and lewdness of her design/art is going to say otherwise. I would love to be proven wrong and +10 her though!

3 hours ago, Shadowess said:

oh lene looks cool and i swore i was gonna save my orbs ughh

is she voiced by the girl who did tatiana in echoes?? they sound similar but i don't know voice actors

No, Tatiana was voiced by Cristina Vee who also voiced Lachesis and Athena. I'm pretty sure recall Lene's VA was introduced in a Heroes for the Fire Emblem franchise.

I'm kinda surprised that Ares was voiced by Robbie Daymond who also voices Tobin. I'm kinda wondered who's going to be voicing Julius in Fire Emblem Heroes.

7 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Also i'm wondering what they will do with Forseti now that Mjolnir has the darting blow skill build into it. It'd be weird if the wind tome known for boosting speed won't be boosting speed anymore.

If +20 Skill and +10 Speed results in the Killer effect and Darting Blow 3, then +10 Skill and +20 Speed clearly results in half of the Killer effect and Darting Blow 6.

Aaaaand I regret pulling for L!Lyn.
Dang I really want them all.
I'm super stoked about Ishtar even if I think her face looks a bit strange in her neutral art.
I also didn't expect Lene but I am not complaining since I really do like Lene quite a bit.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If +20 Skill and +10 Speed results in the Killer effect and Darting Blow 3, then +10 Skill and +20 Speed clearly results in half of the Killer effect and Darting Blow 6.

9d32e22113c425d0398b8e6308b1eb56.jpg

What if Forseti gives some huge static Spd bonus and/or forcing follow-ups/disabling them for enemies?

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What if Forseti gives some huge static Spd bonus and/or forcing follow-ups/disabling them for enemies?

Holsety should really just give you 100% evade rate. Enemies just can't hit you. Ever. Unless they use Swift.

3 hours ago, Larverto said:

Aaand watch as Seliph gets to be the new legendary hero of this month.

At this point, isn't it a given that the legendary hero is going to be an alt or an OC but more than likely it'll be an alt? 

Yes! Ares! For once, I'm actually really excited about a banner. Ares is my favourite FE4 character, so I'm so glad to see he's made it in :D

I wouldn't mind pulling Lene, either. Ishtar... Eh, so far, not so fussed on her art, but I wouldn't be upset if she pity broke me ^•^

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It would be damn ironic and somewhat karmic if Tailtiu decides to break me when I’ll be pulling for her niece.

Tiltyu would put you on tilt if that happened.

I'm happy that the older games games are getting some love. I've never played Genealofy of the Holy War but these do seem like good units.

I'm guessing Eldigan will get the dark mystletainn upgrade at some point so that's exciting. As meme-worthy fury 6 is, I'd rather have something else.

Well, looks like Tobin got his revenge.

Also, "Dark Mystletainn" sounds like something Owain/Odin would name his weapon if he had an alt even though I know it's probably something like Dark Aura and Dark Excalibur. That being said, would Divine Mystletainn not have worked or are they saving it for an eventual Eldigan alt or possibly Hezul?

Lene's Safeguard+ makes me hope we see more inheritable weapons like that. I was wondering how an axe version of Berkut's Lance would have worked for Hawkeye. In any case, +Def, -Spd Hawkeye with a defense refine version of Berkut's Lance would be a pretty tough to mixed, infantry wall. On another note, Safeguard+ being more practical than regular Tyrfing is pretty hilarious. Yeah, Seliph's probably better off using Divine Tyrfing, Safeguard+, or anything other than regular Tyrfing.

And I'm a bit disappointed that Ishtar isn't a GHB. I get it, she's popular, but it would have been nice if the Thunder Goddess would have lent her generosity to us poor folk. And a bit annoyed that they introduced a nonplayable axe unit assuming surfer dude at the end isn't a battle damaged Surtr and is his broski son. Could have had chances for more new axe units in the regular summoning pool in the past, but nope. Oh well.

Edited by Kaden

13 minutes ago, Kaden said:

And I'm a bit disappointed that Ishtar isn't a GHB. I get it, she's popular, but it would have been nice if the Thunder Goddess would have lent her generosity to us poor folk. And a bit annoyed that they introduced a nonplayable axe unit assuming surfer dude at the end isn't a battle damaged Surtr and is his broski son. Could have had chances for more new axe units in the regular summoning pool in the past, but nope. Oh well.

To be fair, there aren't any other units from gen 2 Genealogy who are as popular or come close to Ishtar's popularity. They obviously needed someone to carry the banner going off of CYL though I think the pretty boy Ares and cute girl Lene do that enough with their art. Guess Ishtar was just in case those two wouldn't bring enough dosh. At least no alt. Thank god.

I'm not expecting anymore new hero summoning events this months as we've possibly got a new bride or groom banner coming up. For the legendary hero, they'll definitely be red. Also, if the stat boost pattern is true, then they'll be water def or fire res. I'm expecting Seliph with fire res, but we could always get bamboozled. Then again, they can safely have Seliph since the new brider banner as well as the bride banner rerun should take place around the same time, meaning they'll get a lot of dosh anyway

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

It would be damn ironic and somewhat karmic if Tailtiu decides to break me when I’ll be pulling for her niece.

I've been thinking the same but with Eldigan and Ares xD

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

In before Ayra appears again :P

I thought Tailtiu went down to 3 star but looks like she's still a 4-5 star. Huh.

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I thought Tailtiu went down to 3 star but looks like she's still a 4-5 star. Huh.

All 4/5* exclusives  beginning with Tailtiu didn't get demoted

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Here’s to hoping that Ishtar doesn’t look up to her aunt… All three of my Tailtius were −Atk. At least Titania broke the −Atk streak after four entries.
I wouldn’t be against a wild Ayra because mine is −Atk too. But I am going to focus blue for my goodness of thunder and thighs.

And yeah, I specifically checked for Tailtiu’s availability, heh.

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Don't even go there!!! At least if I got Eldigan, I'd finally (hopefully) get rid of that stupid -Atk my current one sports...

xD I'm half convinced it will be Lene doing that instead of Ayra. I want one Lene. One, Lene. Note that one. Ayra failed to note the one xD

Edited by Cute Chao

34 minutes ago, Kaden said:

And I'm a bit disappointed that Ishtar isn't a GHB. I get it, she's popular, but it would have been nice if the Thunder Goddess would have lent her generosity to us poor folk.

The problem is that if Ishtar had been a GHB she would have been regulated to GHB status. Middling stats, limited merges and a mediocre tome at best. I don't think she deserves that treatment with the position people in the FE community give her. She deserves better. Heck as someone who would like an alternative to Nowi, I'm a little bothered by M!Kana being a GHB. He would legit be my blue dragon +10 of choice if I could get more of him.

My opinion on these units later.

Free pulling blue for that C skill for Nowi, a self buff in the c slot seems useful for solos since that's only for debuffs and team buffs (useless alone) at the moment.  Otherwise saving orbs, I have no attachment to characters from a game o haven't played.

So, any reason why I shouldn't believe that Ares will be a top tier unit? His Mystletainn sounds godly especially if it can stack with Heavy Blade. I want to say that it sounds like Ares is living up to his name until I remember that Ares was a punk in the actual Greek myth.

That being said I'm glad the Genealogy Saga has been getting more focus. Hopefully this can continue for the next few months.

I find it amusing that the lack of alts just mean that there'll be less units to pull from. I suppose that makes it easier to snipe for said unit until I realize that Ares & Leen are in the same color. Then again, I find it hard to believe anyone will complain about pulling one over the other.

Julius being the next GHB somewhat excites me. It will be nice to have to give that punk what's coming to him. Maybe I really should promote Seliph for this occasion.

4 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Also, more people that skip the banner because they haven't played the game should.. play the game. Genealogy should not be skipped, imo. :o

Not until it gets the Echoe treatment I won't.

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Also Julius GHB?  Holy **** (put whatever word you think fits), I actually never thought he would get in.  I can't wait to see what Heroes does with him.  BEST BANNER EVER.  

Why would you think believe that one of the main antagonists wouldn't be in the game? That would be stupid if IS excluded him.

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The problem is that if Ishtar had been a GHB she would have been regulated to GHB status. Middling stats, limited merges and a mediocre tome at best. I don't think she deserves that treatment with the position people in the FE community give her. She deserves better. Heck as someone who would like an alternative to Nowi, I'm a little bothered by M!Kana being a GHB. He would legit be my blue dragon +10 of choice if I could get more of him.

My opinion on these units later.

I think you're severely underestimating how difficult to pull for these characters to begin with. It may cost the merging the potential & the IV's but that didn't really stop BK & Zephiel being good units. Or M!Kana for that matter. Granted, BK did get powercrept by himself of all people so I guess that does render my argument moot.

32 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Middling stats, limited merges and a mediocre tome at best.

Most GHBs have pretty good stats for their category, and access to their signature weapon.

32 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I don't think she deserves that treatment with the position people in the FE community give her.

Honestly, does she really deserve that position? Compared to some other previous GHBs she's a lot less interesting as an antagonist.