New Heroes Summoning Event: Genealogy (May 10 ~) - Ishtar, Lene, and Ares from Genealogy of the Holy War - (WARNING: DATAMINE SPOILERS)

Coolmanio

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Shanan would have been put in instead of Ares though. He's Seliph's big bro, a one man army and we already got Ares' dad.

...And now I'm thinking about how Patty would probably get in alongside him. It's OK, I have no orbs, she can wait until I've built up a reserve.

57 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm very happy with Ishtar and Julius is nice too. Just add Azelle next and Alvis has his entire family in the game.

I think Shanan would have been put in instead of Ares though. He's Seliph's big bro, a one man army and we already got Ares' dad.

Since Ares is my favourite, I'm really happy to see him in. I like the idea of them completing the ones I see as the trios (now we need Quan in to complete the last trio). Plus another sword infantry would be a bit meh right now - at least Lene has dancing going for her...

That being said, would still love Shanan at some point... I just don't know if I would pull for him any more due to the oversaturation of sword infantries...

Edited by Cute Chao

I expect Ares to be like his father. Well... at least we now know the true identity of Black Knight.
Looks like someone can receive a weapon evolution now. Eldigan enter to the list, alongside Chrom and Brave Lyn.

Lene looks to be a better version of Olivia. Safeguard is a really good weapon, being the DEF version of Berkut Lance. Having Firestorm Dance and Sword Valor makes her very useful for training. This makes want Olivia to receive Olivia's Blade as her exclusive weapon. Another dance who should receive a exclusive weapon is Azura (Blessed Lance). Also, why we only have Sword Valor in the summoning pool?

Ishtar is a monster! Having, in odd-numbered turns, +10 Atk/Spd during combat is awesome. I believe she will have between 30 and 35 spd.

I don't know what to expect for Julius. In Genealogy of Holy War, Loptyr "adds a bonus of +5 Res to its user and halves enemy attack before defense-related stats are applied". Loptyr in Heroes can be: "Grants Res+3. Reduces damage from foe's first attack by 50% (or 30%)".

He know  Surtr Jr. is  a Axe unit. I believe he will be a infantry unit, so he will have something different from his father.

Also, having skill for odd-numbered and even-numbered turns make beast units like Kaden and Keaton near to reality (Evenhanded, Even Better, Odd Shaped and Better Odds).

And thanks Naga, we don't have alternative versions in this banner.

8 hours ago, C. Turtle said:

I've never played Genealogy, so as far as I'm concerned, this is skippable. Although the art is nice.

I'm more interested in that Surtr Jr seen on the map at the end. Are we getting a new male OC? Nice nice. I guess this is the final member of the Burning Triad or whatever it was Laegjarn called it.

He could be Surtr as well, just nerfed by the ritual.

I've read in YouTube Julius is coming as well. Hope so, he's one of the villains I'm looking forward the most

Ishtar would be even more broken if inheritable speed based special is a thing but nah since it isn't I'm not pulling for her yet (seriously, what the, IS, make it a thing already)

also to put the fan fave to the banner instead of GHB despite she's NPC in her home game? how surprising. 

6 minutes ago, Midnox said:

He could be Surtr as well, just nerfed by the ritual.

I've read in YouTube Julius is coming as well. Hope so, he's one of the villains I'm looking forward the most

I thought that. Instead of an alt on the banner, we get a villain alt in the story xD

I'm pretty sure it's in the game announcement page, under the summoning video. That's where I remember first seeing it, so he has been officially confirmed :) I've got the feathers to upgrade him to join his dad and half-brother :D

Attack Wave wouldn't stack with Hone Attack so it seems unconvincing to me as a C-skill. Would be great for one-turn blitzes but I don't typically play that way. I guess you get to apply a self buff on maps where you start staggered and thus can't get Hones applied, but in such a case you lose a fair bit of the value of Attack Wave too.

In any case, her bonus is more like +4/+10 plus whatever usual Hone/Tactic buffs are applied. Decent, being combined with a Slaying Tome firing off a Moonbow every time she initiates, but less exciting than it might seem at first. It's a reversal of my initial reaction but I think Ares might be the best unit here, albeit one who will be less relevant once Eldigan also receives access to his weapon. Tailtiu will probably continue to be my choice of blue infantry mage regardless of how much she annoys me.

I feel like Ishtar has been locked in for the enxt Genalogy banner forever. 

Personally not a fan of her populairty, her personality is terrible in FE4, and only okay in FE5. Even Gameplaywise I think her first appearance is only a Novelty (not to mention that enthustaic  participation in a hunting game destroys any sympathy you could have for her)  , and her second ppearance is the typical Bad Genealogy dodgetank boss that sits on it's castle and can only be fought by the 3 units that can live the counter. 

Ares is one oof the more ambitious gen2 charathers personality-wise in that he is a foil for his father, which is naturally more drastic than most of the what the gen 2 cast get. Also I like his Heroes prf the most, since the only cooldown skills I ever have the leisure to inheirt are Ike's breath skills, and I don't have many cavalry usable special units.

Lene is fine. I only have two daners, so you know. Honestly I probbably have never even read her dialog in FE4. Gameplay benefits over story presence can only be a good thing when it comes to Genealogy.

I want to see if the Julius GHB keeps the standarized (purple flame poession) thing that we've been seeing or they go in a new articistc direction with him.

Edited by Reality

Pretty interesting banner, and suprised that Ishtar isn’t a GHB. I wonder if Ishtar will have a Bound Hero Battle with Reinhardt, it would make sense.

And damn! Robbie Daymond sounds amazing as Ares! This is why he’s my favorite voice actor, and why I love pretty much every character voiced by him.

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but... this banner is very... disappointing. The fact that they added Ares, Lene and Ishtar before they added Ethlyn, Quan and Azel makes me, well, disappointed. That said, if they were to add 2nd gen characters I would have kept Ishtar and Ares. Instead of Lene, I would have added Dairmud or Ced.

*sees Genealogy 2nd Gen*
Oh, boy, is it time for-
*no Ced*
You had one job, IS, one job.

Also Ares is an Alt just as Rhajat. *sarcasm*

At least we got Ishtar and another Dancer in the regular pool, that's cool. I guess I shall pull from mostly Blue and some Reds (pls Selena).

11 minutes ago, Tuvy said:

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but... this banner is very... disappointing. The fact that they added Ares, Lene and Ishtar before they added Ethlyn, Quan and Azel makes me, well, disappointed. That said, if they were to add 2nd gen characters I would have kept Ishtar and Ares. Instead of Lene, I would have added Dairmud or Ced.

To be fair, Ares and Lene do have a connection and often put together. Their romance is almost canon even. So it makes sense for the two being in the same banner.

49 minutes ago, Reality said:

I feel like Ishtar has been locked in for the enxt Genalogy banner forever. 

Personally not a fan of her populairty, her personality is terrible in FE4, and only okay in FE5. Even Gameplaywise I think her first appearance is only a Novelty (not to mention that enthustaic  participation in a hunting game destroys any sympathy you could have for her)  , and her second ppearance is the typical Bad Genealogy dodgetank boss that sits on it's castle and can only be fought by the 3 units that can live the counter. 

Ares is one oof the more ambitious gen2 charathers personality-wise in that he is a foil for his father, which is naturally more drastic than most of the what the gen 2 cast get. Also I like his Heroes prf the most, since the only cooldown skills I ever have the leisure to inheirt are Ike's breath skills, and I don't have many cavalry usable special units.

Lene is fine. I only have two daners, so you know. Honestly I probbably have never even read her dialog in FE4. Gameplay benefits over story presence can only be a good thing when it comes to Genealogy.

I want to see if the Julius GHB keeps the standarized (purple flame poession) thing that we've been seeing or they go in a new articistc direction with him.

I'm in the same boat you are in. FE4 ruined how I see Ishtar; A lot of sympathy for her is gone when she is a child murder that is in love with the literal anti-christ. With the people around her act like she's a saint, and being a very annoying boss can one shot almost anyone (she cost me a lot of resets).  Maybe when I eventually complete FE5, my opinion on her will change. 

Spoiler

SWsmWeI.png

Edited by Jingle Jangle

Wow, Lene is a babe. I like her dance skill, too. Ares looks really strong, not too upset about foddering Siegbert for Attack Tactic now. Ishtar is a little weird; I've never been a fan of "only happens on (odd/even)-numbered turns" skills. Then again, just getting +6 attack every other turn is not a weak ability at all.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Attack Wave wouldn't stack with Hone Attack so it seems unconvincing to me as a C-skill. Would be great for one-turn blitzes but I don't typically play that way. I guess you get to apply a self buff on maps where you start staggered and thus can't get Hones applied, but in such a case you lose a fair bit of the value of Attack Wave too.

Attack Wave is Atk Tactic with less range, the effect go to the user too, and the player don't need a mixed team to use it, but only works in odd numbered turns. It is not a bad skill. Can be very useful for Blade Tome users.

8 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

WORD.

The very first thing i thought at Ares reveal is exactly "man if he have good offensive bruiser stat he likely would have he would make use of the classic R!Mystletain for Galeforce Build so muc - oh wait he can't"

I know theres the side effect of >unironically suggesting BLyn to get even better with that but its worth the trade-off or how Excalibur on Sonya and Aura on Delthea would be weird af but meh

Yeah, actually just sent feedback about it. They're pretty good about listening, and it hardly seems like it'd have much in the way of balance ramifications.

5 hours ago, Kaden said:

Well, looks like Tobin got his revenge.

Also, "Dark Mystletainn" sounds like something Owain/Odin would name his weapon if he had an alt even though I know it's probably something like Dark Aura and Dark Excalibur. That being said, would Divine Mystletainn not have worked or are they saving it for an eventual Eldigan alt or possibly Hezul?

I kind of doubt it. Mysteltainn has always been known as the demon sword, so divine wouldn't make much sense in that regard. I was thinking they would go with Demonic Mysteltainn, especially to contrast Divine Tyrfing like how Eldigan contrasts Sigurd and Ares Seliph, but maybe that seemed a little morbid/unheroic? Neither of those seem particularly valid given what else they have in the game, but who knows.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Had a feeling Fe4 would be represented next since we've been getting a wave of child units recently and they all look fairly great. Ishtar was the character who pushed me to start fe4 so I'm gunning for her and Lene's sword will be nice on defensive reds like Draug and Hinata, kinda disappointed about no archanea or binding blade characters but hey there's always next time

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

Also, "Dark Mystletainn" sounds like something Owain/Odin would name his weapon if he had an alt even though I know it's probably something like Dark Aura and Dark Excalibur. That being said, would Divine Mystletainn not have worked or are they saving it for an eventual Eldigan alt or possibly Hezul?

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

I kind of doubt it. Mysteltainn has always been known as the demon sword, so divine wouldn't make much sense in that regard. I was thinking they would go with Demonic Mysteltainn, especially to contrast Divine Tyrfing like how Eldigan contrasts Sigurd and Ares Seliph, but maybe that seemed a little morbid/unheroic? Neither of those seem particularly valid given what else they have in the game, but who knows.

All of the "prefixed" weapons in Japanese make a ton more sense than in English because, for the most part, they actually use the weapon's epithet (or a part of it) as the prefix. The change in English and other languages is due to length constraints for a lot of these.

• Dark Excalibur and Dark Aura are "Echoes Excalibur" and "Echoes Aura", respectively.
  • Blazing Durandal is "Blazing Blade Durandal".
  • Divine Tyrfing is "Holy Sword Tyrfing".
  • Sealed Falchion is "Sealed Sword Falchion".
  • Dark Mystletainn is "Demon Sword Mystletainn".
  • Flame Siegmund is "Flame Lance Siegmund".
  • Stout Tomahawk is "Sturdy Axe Tomahawk".
  • Berserk Armads is "Berserk Axe Armads".
  • Divine Naga is "Holy Tome Naga".
  • Swift Mulagir is "Swift Bow Mulagir".

I was expecting "Demon Mystletainn" or something like that myself, but maybe that was still running into space issues?

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All of the "prefixed" weapons in Japanese make a ton more sense than in English because, for the most part, they actually use the weapon's epithet (or a part of it) as the prefix. The change in English and other languages is due to length constraints for a lot of these.

• Dark Excalibur and Dark Aura are "Echoes Excalibur" and "Echoes Aura", respectively.
  • Blazing Durandal is "Blazing Blade Durandal".
  • Divine Tyrfing is "Holy Sword Tyrfing".
  • Sealed Falchion is "Sealed Sword Falchion".
  • Dark Mystletainn is "Demon Sword Mystletainn".
  • Flame Siegmund is "Flame Lance Siegmund".
  • Stout Tomahawk is "Sturdy Axe Tomahawk".
  • Berserk Armads is "Berserk Axe Armads".
  • Divine Naga is "Holy Tome Naga".
  • Swift Mulagir is "Swift Bow Mulagir".

I was expecting "Demon Mystletainn" or something like that myself, but maybe that was still running into space issues?

Also because they seems unable to use the word "Holy" xD

I saw the thumbnail and thought we were getting another Tiki alt.  I was disappointed to find this was not the case.

Passing on this banner; still recovering from spending 400 orbs on the Lyn banner and pulling 3 Henrys, 2 Inigos, and of course no Lyn. 

3 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Ishtar would be even more broken if inheritable speed based special is a thing but nah since it isn't I'm not pulling for her yet (seriously, what the, IS, make it a thing already)

also to put the fan fave to the banner instead of GHB despite she's NPC in her home game? how surprising. 

It's not so surprising at this point. Remember that Sibling Bond banner? one of the first ever? It had Eldigan and the man himself as focus. Neither of them where playable in their home games either

1 minute ago, Midnox said:

It's not so surprising at this point. Remember that Sibling Bond banner? one of the first ever? It had Eldigan and the man himself as focus. Neither of them where playable in their home games either

it was a sarcasm. 

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Also because they seems unable to use the word "Holy" xD

They can fix that by having Owain come with Holey Tyrfing and Dank Mystletainn.

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

So why Mystletainn is called "Dark Mystletainn"? The sword itself isn't known to be evil in FE4 as far I'm aware. Then only evil looking sword in the series that I know of is Xander's Siegfried.

My best guess is because "Demon Mystletainn" doesn't fit.

Edited by Ice Dragon