New Heroes Summoning Event: Genealogy (May 10 ~) - Ishtar, Lene, and Ares from Genealogy of the Holy War - (WARNING: DATAMINE SPOILERS)

Coolmanio

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So why Mystletainn is called "Dark Mystletainn"? The sword itself isn't known to be evil in FE4 as far I'm aware. Then only evil looking sword in the series that I know of is Xander's Siegfried.

Well, Demons (Mystletainn is the "Demon Sword") are related to Darkness... so yeah, it makes sense

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They can fix that by having Owain come with Holey Tyrfing and Dank Mystletainn.

Dank Holey Demok Mistletain

1 minute ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Lene's art, is lol, so so so targeted at the primal male instincts...Certainly with more "pull" than she ever had in the original game. 

What the heck else did you expect from a Dancer unit as scantily clad as she was in the original game?

43 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Then in JP, why is it called the "Demon Mystletainn"? The only evil stuff I can think about in FE4 is Dark Magic.

The epithet of Mystletainn is "Demon Sword" due to its thirst for blood dyeing its blade jet black.

Fire Emblem Museum has all of Jugdral's weapons listed with their official epithets (translation courtesy of me, so the English epithets here are not official translations):

• Demon Sword Mystletainn
  • Earth Lance Gae Bolg
  • Holy Bow Ichii-bal
  • Holy Staff Valkyrie
  • Wind Magic Holsety
  • Holy Sword Tyrhung
  • Holy Axe Swanchika
  • Thunder Magic Thor hammer
  • Divine Sword Balmunc
  • Sky Lance Gungnir
  • Fire Magic Falaflame
  • Divine Holy Magic Naga
  • Dark Magic Loptous
    • The same "dark" as in Mediuth's "Shadow Dragon" epithet, not the same "dark" as in "dark magic" the weapon type.
Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

What the heck else did you expect from a Dancer unit as scantily clad as she was in the original game?

Of course I expect dancers to show skin; it's the PG-13 word for whore since Fire Emblem isn't "The Witcher" here. Anyway, I wasn't talking about what to expect from dancers anyway. 

The could have put on a dull color scheme or make her borderline loli like Lachesis. Then the "pull" doesn't quite capture quite so many men. 

4 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I thought that. Instead of an alt on the banner, we get a villain alt in the story xD

I'm pretty sure it's in the game announcement page, under the summoning video. That's where I remember first seeing it, so he has been officially confirmed :) I've got the feathers to upgrade him to join his dad and half-brother :D

Julius, one of my most requested villains to be playable in FEH. Man this is good shit :D:

@Ice Dragon I was going to say I could've sworn we've had longer combined names since we've had some longer epithets, but then I remembered how absurdly long Mystletainn's name is and on top of that it features a lot of wide characters,in what appears to be a variable width font. Closest I can think of is Bright Naginata which is 15 including a space, which still makes it shorter than Dark Mysteltainn, 16 including the space. Fixed width for life.

Also, I miss Swanchika. It's just fun to say.

Also, also, I really hope they goofed and names don't have enough room for Dheginsea or Caineghis, though I'm sure there are probably longer already in the game, and they have to call them Dheggy and Cain just for shits and giggles.

Edited by bottlegnomes

14 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Also, also, I really hope they goofed and names don't have enough room for Dheginsea or Caineghis, though I'm sure there are probably longer already in the game, and they have to call them Dheggy and Cain just for shits and giggles.

Dheginsea and Caineghis both only are nine characters. Black Knight is eleven characters and fits just fine.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Dheginsea and Caineghis both only are nine characters. Black Knight is eleven characters and fits just fine.

Hence my though I'm sure there are already longer. Also, sorry that seemed excessively snarky on my part. Thanks for pointing one out. I HD a feeling there was, but was too lazy to check.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I'm probably pulling for Ishtar. She seem fun (even though I already have Linde and M!Robin). Might also pull for Ares (to get a good red cavalier) and Lene (To give Safeguard+ to Arden).

Of fucking course she had to be announced when I was going to 5* Saias.

YESSSS. LENE! My favorite character in the series probably.

I'm so happy guys, I thought she'd never make it in. IS redeemed themselves from not giving her any Final Chapter conversations by putting her in Heroes before a lot of others.

I'm finally happy that we have a dancer that isn't some Azura alt.

Sad at the people saying they're skipping this banner. These are some of my favorite characters. Oh well.

EDIT: @SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre that's sort of the point of her design? Lene was canonically sexualized because she was a dancer. She's supposed to inspire that instinct in Ares, and accidentally with Bramsel. It's part of the Darna plot point. Sorry if you already knew that and I am just being dense.

Edited by Dandy Druid

14 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

None of the dancers introduced in heroes thus far have been characters I liked (well I like Inigo, but Ihave such bad luck with seasonals I don't even bother at this point)  so I'm really happy to finally see Lene here in the regular pool and maybe one day my all time favorite Reyson can make his way into the game.

13 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Really? Why? I thought he was a lock for eventual inclusion and the 2nd most likely to be GHB from Genealogy after Ishtar.

Makes sense for them to put Ishtar has a pullable character instead of GHB though, considering she can pull in the money probably better than any other Genealogy character left.

It's going to be weird if Julius is underwhelmingly strong though, considering how much of a terrifying presence he is on that chapter where he appears to only leave if he or Ishtar kill someone (or get defeated first). I could never not lose a unit without abusing save states. 

Also @Zangetsu   I was very surprised cause Julius is the final boss but himself doesn't appear much in the story though is referred to a lot by other characters.  Kind of like Medeus or Anankos.  We got Grima, but he possessed the avatar character, arguably the most important and most featured, in Awakening.  I guess I shouldn't be as surprised considering that with GHB they are much more willing to go out there with characters than banners.  I guess then Lene being in is actually the most surprising, I didn't think she was one of the more popular Gen 2 characters.

For Julius I hope they make him the first dragon mage.  Like a dragon but maybe Loptyr as a breath that attacks from 2, or maybe keep it as a tome.  Dragons are very limited in that they are the only 'emblem' team that has no ranged units.  I also hope he is tanky as hell and interesting, we are talking about a final boss of a game here.  

On the units.  Lene may drop to 4 stars, actually by far the most likely.  Ares looks like he might be a monster with that weapon so he likely won't.  Ishtar definitely won't with the 5 skills and being the star/draw of the banner.

12 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Ares looks like he might be a monster with that weapon

His weapon is the very definition of Make Vantage Great Again with the ability to trigger an opening Vantage Bonfire every round of combat after dropping below 75% HP.

Hello wallet my old friend looks like I'll be needing you to suffer again. 

I'm really glad that in addition to having the opportunity to gamble for some of my favorite characters, I'll also be able to hear Eldigan, the Lionheart in the game, one of my favorite FE themes of all time. My favorite is the orchestra version.

Edited by Ae†her

@Lewyn

How strange one of the most evil character appear so sparingly.

Regarding Julius being  Manakete Mage. Shouldn't he be Lopytr at that point? Mind you, I didn't touch the game so I have no idea what's what, but since Julia has Naga shouldn't he just have Loptyr to emphasize his sibling foil to Julia?

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

His weapon is the very definition of Make Vantage Great Again with the ability to trigger an opening Vantage Bonfire every round of combat after dropping below 75% HP.

What are the odds of him being good as Ayra?

4 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'm so happy guys, I thought she'd never make it in. IS redeemed themselves from not giving her any Final Chapter conversations by putting her in Heroes before a lot of others.

Sad at the people saying they're skipping this banner. These are some of my favorite characters. Oh well.

EDIT: @SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre that's sort of the point of her design? Lene was canonically sexualized because she was a dancer. She's supposed to inspire that instinct in Ares, and accidentally with Bramsel. It's part of the Darna plot point. Sorry if you already knew that and I am just being dense.

Many skipping the banner I've seen say it's because they haven't played Genealogy, which is a really sad reason in my mind. There are FE games I haven't played, but characters from them have become favorites of mine just from Heroes. Heck, it's because of Reinhardt and Olwen that I said "Okay, now I NEED to play Thracia," and getting the banner with Leif sealed that for me. It's because of Sigurd and Seliph's great designs and Ayra's total beastliness in Heroes that I started playing Genealogy after dropping it a few years ago early on for reasons I still don't remember, and I'm so glad because Genealogy of the Holy War is AMAZING and I'm really looking forward to beating it. 

Heck, some characters that I slept on in games I love have become favorites of mine in Heroes and made me want to give them a second look in their source material. Draug is fantastic in Heroes (though his art doesn't help matters in SD, poor guy, at least he finally got to be a looker in Heroes). Heck, some of these great Fates characters remind me that I didn't dislike Fates because of the characters, but because of the main story, so I'm glad they've gotten time to shine in Heroes. 

I'm definitely not skipping this banner. I'm on Chapter 7 of Genealogy so Ares and Lene just showed up and I already love them, this banner coming out got me very excited because of that. 

Basically, I hope more people will pull on banners with characters from games they haven't played. They just might find themselves more motivated to dig into those games, and find new favorites that they would have slept on otherwise :)

35 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

What are the odds of him being good as Ayra?

He's probably going to end up in 9.5 on Gamepedia because he doesn't have the ability to run additional damage boosts and needs to kill in a single hit.

The set I'm looking at is

[+Atk, -HP]

Dark Mystletainn
Bonfire
Distant Counter / Brazen Atk/Def 3
Vantage 3
Quick Riposte 3

Quick Riposte 3 gets you the first kill that activates Dark Mystletainn's effect. After that, Bonfire will always be charged.

The two biggest problems that potentially keep him out of 10.0 are the fact that he doesn't have access to Wrath (both because he is cavalry and because he wants Vantage) and because he doesn't have access to a boosted Special skill. Ayra has a 2-charge Special with the power of a 3-charge Special that she can abuse her high Spd, Slaying Edge, and Wrath to keep charged to land her kills, and Zelgius has a 3-charge Special with the power of a 4-charge Special that he can abuse his high bulk, Bold Fighter, and Wo Dao to spam.

Aless can get a 3-charge special skill at zero cooldown, but Ayra has access to a 4-charge special skill (Regnal Astra + Wrath damage) at zero cooldown, and Zelgius has access to a 5-charge special skill (Black Luna + Wo Dao damage) at 2 cooldown with a guaranteed follow-up.

What Aless needs to be as strong as Ayra is to be bulky enough that he can drop Vantage and run Ignis without getting himself killed after three rounds of combat.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@Ice Dragon Everything you said now still makes sound like a top tier unit regardless but I'm probably forgetting how powerful Ayra really is. It still sounds like Ares will have the major melee advantage with the usual Mages & Triangle system being the things to put at a disadvantage

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Everything you said now still makes sound like a top tier unit regardless but I'm probably forgetting how powerful Ayra really is. It still sounds like Ares will have the major melee advantage with the usual Mages & Triangle system being the things to put at a disadvantage

A rating of 9.5 is pretty much top tier. It's just the difference between Black Knight levels of top tier and Zelgius levels of top tier (reminder that the tier list assumes a +2 merge, so a fully merged Black Knight is not behind Zelgius on merges). Ayra and Zelgius are just that good.

However, I have no doubt in my mind that full cavalry buffs would easily push Aless right up to Ayra and Zelgius's level.

5 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

It's been a while since I've bothered with reading every line of text of FE4's story, but as far as I remember, Bramsel was basically a molester/rapist and Ares apparently got protective of her because of said mistreatment despite being the "Black Knight" and a mercenary subordinate to Jabarro. To Ares, Leen was not than just a piece of ass to be hammered. He betrayed the merc who raised him up to save her since she got tossed in the dungeons because of concern for her well-being.