New Heroes Summoning Event: Genealogy (May 10 ~) - Ishtar, Lene, and Ares from Genealogy of the Holy War - (WARNING: DATAMINE SPOILERS)

Coolmanio

Is it really all that weird that Julius is a red tome? He was likely to have the dark magic line-up after all.

I know some believed the meme of him bring green because Arvis and Saias are red and blue, but come on....

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the app not opening for anyone else? It says it won't because it needs the update but the update isn't appearing in my app store? Is this just a me problem?

Also, Julius looks ... a lot like my Sanaki, give or take a few points in various stats. As much as I like Sanaki and what she does in this game, do I really need that many units that function like her?

All three of the banner characters look quite nice and that Julius effect sounds freaking awesome if it's real. 22 effective def is still a bit low, but 41 effective res prior to any buffs is absurd. Throw on that he could actually ploy pretty well, better than his dad or bro, and he looks like he'll be pretty sweet. I'm guessing maybe fury for his A slot, guard for B, and who knows for C if he even has one.

Lene seems pretty solid and thanks to her sword won't die to a stiff breeze. Not much in the way of attack, but she's a dancer.

Of course Ishtar is just Linde with broken skills. I wouldn't really expect any less. She'll be scary if she ends up attacking.

Ares is powercreep Eldigan to an extreme. He'll be fun if I ever manage to get him.

@The Priest I think DA might actually be better on him, at least from my experience. With +atk, he's getting an extra 15 from it versus an extra 16 from bonfire, but it seems like more people tend to run hone or goad cavalry than ward or fortify, which'd put him at +18 with DA. Granted if they do run ward or fortify, that'd be the better option as it nets potentially +19, but either way doesn't seem like there's a major difference. Regardless, I'd love to get him and he'll be a solid unit.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, Julius looks ... a lot like my Sanaki, give or take a few points in various stats. As much as I like Sanaki and what she does in this game, do I really need that many units that function like her?

Funny you mention that, because I used to think that I didn't have enough Red Mage units...

Now I kinda think I have too many at 10, and here comes another Red Mage to add to the pile.

I like Sanaki to, but there isn't much wrong with having another Sanaki, even if they are older and a dude.

Ares is....meh. He's just slightly better Eldigan whom I already have so skip.

Lene is decent for a dancer. She'll be great for grinding SP although my Olivia already has Sword Valor so she offers nothing for me, hopefully she'll get demoted.

Ishtar is extremely close to Linde's stats but still not there. She won't do the Blárblade thing but who cares, her Prf tome combined with Swift Sparrow makes her a monster (and on odd turns she'll get +10/+10). 

Julius...He's good for a free unit but I still like his father better.

6 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Is it really all that weird that Julius is a red tome? He was likely to have the dark magic line-up after all.

I know some believed the meme of him bring green because Arvis and Saias are red and blue, but come on....

Nah not because of that, weird because Naga is green in Heroes. Though apparently it negates Loptyr's effect still, despite still being weak to it in the weapon triangle.

Just now, Xenomata said:

Funny you mention that, because I used to think that I didn't have enough Red Mage units...

Now I kinda think I have too many at 10, and here comes another Red Mage to add to the pile.

I like Sanaki to, but there isn't much wrong with having another Sanaki, even if they are older and a dude.

No, I mean, Sanaki and Lyon are very great at what they do: soak up EP hits and laugh at magical damage (and colorless for Lyon). Leo also falls under this category. On the other hand, I am lacking a fast offensive red mage besides Eirka.

@Kaden Fair point on the whole Divine thing. Also props for the defense of the GHB and TT units. I feel like people dump on them just because they're not oppressive levels of good like Rein was for a while or BH!Lyn.

@Book Bro Julia being weak to Julius kinda makes sense in a weird way. IIRC, she was terrified of him when she finally did remember who he was, and there's the whole matter of him murdering Dierdre. So it kinda works that she's weak against him, but her tome negates a good chunk of what makes him a threat.

On a side note, Lucina's going to curbstomp him. OHKO potential even.

As for the new OCs, can't say I'm much of a fan of either. It's 12 y/o Fjorm and derpy Surtr.

Groans at Julius being another red infantry mage, but then I see his art work and it does not matter at all because he is so beautiful.  I also love the way Ares looks, and I will pull some for him.  Two new OCs look good, but I wish Fjorm's little sister was a little brother because I want another playable male OC.

I thought Julius's stats seemed familiar -- they're nearly identical to Julia's.  He has +1 Spd/-1 Def compared to her, with the +3 Res serving as the standard BST boost of modern units. 

Makes sense, although I didn't expect them to go that route.

Spoiler

Wow. Julious is very tanky in the res department. Add Loptyr on top of that and you've got a dedicated mage tank

Julius looks stunning like my god Sachie outdid themselves with him and the animation on his tome is fantastic probably the best one yet, and the refines this time around are interesting but not anything crazy except for maybe Corrin since I'm not sure if the buff yato gives is an active buff or spur because it's the latter it stacks with ally support bonuses

12 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

Julius looks stunning like my god Sachie outdid themselves with him and the animation on his tome is fantastic probably the best one yet, and the refines this time around are interesting but not anything crazy except for maybe Corrin since I'm not sure if the buff yato gives is an active buff or spur because it's the latter it stacks with ally support bonuses

The tome animation has been mined?

Just now, bottlegnomes said:

The tome animation has been mined?

Yup I saw it through a link on reddit it looks really cool 

Spoiler

bz65rfia5rw01.gif

Edited by MisfitMiju

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

5 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

Yup I saw it through a link on reddit it looks really cool 

Hide contents

bz65rfia5rw01.gif

HOLY CRAP THAT'S AWESOME! I'm so 5*ing Julius next. Possibly even merging. Camilla, Takumi, or whoever I was going to do next can wait.

Is there any word on skills?

I was hoping Julius would have some crazy good mixed bulk due stories of his tankiness but his defense is rather low even when taking into account his tome’s effect. Oh well a free unit is a free unit and he’ll have better atk than the -atk Sanaki of mine. And I love that art and tome animation.

Spoiler

So Lene has super boons in HP and def, but a super bane in atk and res. If you want optimal arena scoring with Lens then get her the super boon

Edited by silveraura25

Thank goodness Julius isn’t another hurr durr durgun. I knew he wouldn’t be one.
But why are they going back on the name Loptyr? It’s Loptous again. Raquesis and Celice when?

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

HOLY CRAP THAT'S AWESOME! I'm so 5*ing Julius next. Possibly even merging. Camilla, Takumi, or whoever I was going to do next can wait.

Is there any word on skills?

Guard and Attack Ploy from what I hear.

Basically, he's a crazy good magic tank.