New Heroes Summoning Event: Genealogy (May 10 ~) - Ishtar, Lene, and Ares from Genealogy of the Holy War - (WARNING: DATAMINE SPOILERS)

Coolmanio

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Something I've noticed. It looks like they have changed Loptyr to Loptous. Guess they wanted it more similar to the Japanese name.

This localization, sometimes... Loptous is close to the Japanese name and romanization of it according to the wikis, but Loptyr is closer to the other name of Loki: Loptr. Arvis, Saias, Sigurd?, and maybe the other Jugdral characters being introduced have had names related to them made closer to Norse mythology or Norse-sounding, but then Julius shows up with Loptous instead of Loptr or Loptyr. Whatever, localizers. Whatever...

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But why are they going back on the name Loptyr? It’s Loptous again. Raquesis and Celice when?

More like Roxas and Celes. Fire Emblem, forever in the shadow of Square enix games.

5 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Guard and Attack Ploy from what I hear.

Basically, he's a crazy good magic tank.

Oh wow. Just as i was thinking of upgrading Kana for a blue dragon and maybe Kaze.

hope he is a source of Guard at 4 star

5 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Guard and Attack Ploy from what I hear.

Basically, he's a crazy good magic tank.

Cool, nice kit too. Heck, between the ploy and his tome if it really is that effect, he'd actually have some okayish physical bulk. Thanks for the info!

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

This localization, sometimes... Loptous is close to the Japanese name and romanization of it according to the wikis, but Loptyr is closer to the other name of Loki: Loptr. Arvis, Saias, Sigurd?, and maybe the other Jugdral characters being introduced have had names related to them made closer to Norse mythology or Norse-sounding, but then Julius shows up with Loptous instead of Loptr or Loptyr. Whatever, localizers. Whatever...

Yeah, Loptyr rolled of the tongue a lot better and looked a lot more aesthetically pleasing IMO. It's a shame, but they make the calls.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

More like Roxas and Celes. Fire Emblem, forever in the shadow of Square enix games.

Is it bad I still like both of those names better than Raquesis and Serlis?

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Sorry I must have missed it, what is Loptous's effect supposed to be?

ロプトウス: Loptous

ロプトウス: Grants Res+3. Skills with "effective against dragons" are effective against unit. If foe has no skills with "effective against dragons," inflicts Atk-6 on foe during combat.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

ロプトウス: Grants Res+3. Skills with "effective against dragons" are effective against unit. If foe has no skills with "effective against dragons," inflicts Atk-6 on foe during combat.

What the... damn, that is neat. Essentially means that Julia and Deirdre can somewhat counter Julius, as the Book of Naga did in Genealogy. Probably not very good, since he still has triangle advantage and at least 41 Resistance if he runs Fury 3 with Loptous, but still.

They translated his Genealogy appearance pretty well to Heroes, I gotta admit. Not that I personally experienced it myself, but at least reading about it it sounds pretty exact.

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well dang, Falchion users are going to ruin his day. Heck -atk Marth would OHKO him. Otherwise, he seems pretty solid all around. Give him Fury and CD/DD, and he'll have effectively 31 def against anyone without a dragonslaying weapon.

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

What the... damn, that is neat. Essentially means that Julia and Deirdre can somewhat counter Julius, as the Book of Naga did in Genealogy. Probably not very good, since he still has triangle advantage and at least 41 Resistance if he runs Fury 3 with Loptous, but still.

They translated his Genealogy appearance pretty well to Heroes, I gotta admit. Not that I personally experienced it myself, but at least reading about it it sounds pretty exact.

Indeed. They actually exceeded my expectations. I was kind of expecting a percentage aate reduction which could've been good, but this gives him a lot more character.

4 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Well dang, Falchion users are going to ruin his day. Heck -atk Marth would OHKO him. Otherwise, he seems pretty solid all around. Give him Fury and CD/DD, and he'll have effectively 31 def against anyone without a dragonslaying weapon.

He even comes with Guard and Atk Ploy for even better survivability. His kit is pretty damn nice.

Edited by Vaximillian

I'm considering an odd build for Julius.

Weapon: Loptous
Support: ??? (probably Draw Back?)
Special: Sol
A: Fury 3 / Resistance +3
B: Guard 3
C: Res Ploy 3
S: Atk Ploy 3

Between Loptous, Fury/Res, Atk Ploy and Guard, Julius has a whopping functional 52 magic defense (46 versus anti-dragon stuff, 47 versus enemies that somehow resist a Ploy from 41 natural Res). If I did my math right, there are a grand total of two magical attackers that can one-round him with that much mitigation: a Blarblade-user with crazy buffs, and Ishtar (she just barely does it with Odd Atk Wave active and neutral Atk). Granted, he can't do much in return to Blue magic users, but the simple fact that it would take that much to drop him through magic damage is disgusting.

What makes the build odd is that I'm actually considering Resistance +3 over Fury 3 because of keeping Guard up. Would Fury 3 + Sol be enough to offset the life drain?

Edited by Some Jerk

Wish Julius had better defense at the expense of some of that res.  Atk-6 and slow speed, dagger users and bow users should still destroy him.  He'll tank magic really well as he currently is.  Animation looks amazing, and his art is good.  I have quite a few red mages including some similar like Sanaki.  However I'll 5 star him anyways, the atk-6 combat debuff can stack with other debuffs.  Engaging a chilling sealed opponent will make that unit hit with -12 attack.  

Ishtar cause of those stats and the crazy tome looks to maybe take the crown as the best player phase infantry blue mage she looks like a must have.  Lene stats are disappointing in just very similar to Olivia.  Olivia I already have built up, so maybe I will not continue on reds if I get Ares especially since Lene is most likely to drop to 4.  Ares is going to be special proc after special proc, just a lot of fun and options.  

So Lene is ‘new’ Olivia? Hopefully she’ll drop to 4 Stars because we need another Dancer than Olivia avalible at 4 star. Anyway, I’ll be skipping this banner because I spent way too much on the Legendary banner and Distant Counter one, which was worth it, while I don’t know anyone on this banner.

I originally read Lopthingie as mass Chill Atk and was terrified. Seeing the effect now, eh, it's fine and interesting enough, but how does he kill? QR or course, or a specific breaker, but that's too niche a usage for me. I get the utility and he'll no doubt be an irritating unit to deal with, but as for running him myself, eh, I don't really see where he fits in. That's a personal playstyle thing of course, but I think he can chill at 4-star for the time being.

P.S. Helbindi is such a cute name, makes you just want to pinch his cheeks.

I like how Ishtar calls for Julius in her defeat quote, but he never even mentions her in any of his because he’s busy talking shit about everyone else.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

All voice clips for the characters added in this batch (including Helbindi the new enemy OC):

Reveal hidden contents

Julius sounds like such a brat...and I love it!

And again, Robbie Daymond is amazing as Ares! The guy is an amazing voice actor!

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I like how Ishtar calls for Julius in her defeat quote, but he never even mentions her in any of his because he’s busy talking shit about everyone else.

Sounds about right, based on what I remember of the two >.< 

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Sounds about right, based on what I remember of the two >.< 

Yep, they’ve representing their relationship pretty faithfully. I do want them to explore their relationship in more detail in an inevitable Genealogy remake. Memory prism, village talk, anything. How did the two meet? Whom does Ishtar love? Does Julius care about her even a little bit? And so on, and so forth.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yep, they’ve representing their relationship pretty faithfully. I do want them to explore their relationship in more detail in an inevitable Genealogy remake. Memory prism, village talk, anything. How did the two meet? Whom does Ishtar love? Does Julius care about her even a little bit? And so on, and so forth.

I would love to see Julius when he was nice. See why Ishtar follows him so faithfully despite being so clearly against what he is up to in both games...