New Heroes Summoning Event: Genealogy (May 10 ~) - Ishtar, Lene, and Ares from Genealogy of the Holy War - (WARNING: DATAMINE SPOILERS)

Coolmanio

2 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Exactly these. Though I do agree on even them being decent. Narcien is a pre-built AA filler and Ursula is pretty close to +atk Olwen. Navarre might be the most useless of the lot if I'm thinking about it. He's a mediocre PP sword with no distinguishing traits in an incredibly crowded pool. They could be making all the GHBs and TT units that, or giving us none at all, but instead they're trying to make them at least interesting and somewhat reasonably viable, even if they aren't always consistently successful.

Aye. I still use him, because he's pretty as heck, but I think he's got the worst of them all, since speedy sword user is done by so many different users and many a lot better. I don't think Clarisse is overly good, either, but at least she came with a unique weapon, and bows aren't the most common weapons still. I like the fact that there is a lot of variety, both in types and use, so I hope that continues, even if we get more 'duds' like Navarre :)

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I though the only GHB/Tempest that were actually considered bad are Navarre, Tobin, Clive and Clarisse (outclaseed on everything).

Most of them are gimmicky units or overall good units with decent skillset, but not powerful enough to ended up looking better than the Banner Unit (unless you're Black Knight of course).

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Aye. I still use him, because he's pretty as heck, but I think he's got the worst of them all, since speedy sword user is done by so many different users and many a lot better. I don't think Clarisse is overly good, either, but at least she came with a unique weapon, and bows aren't the most common weapons still. I like the fact that there is a lot of variety, both in types and use, so I hope that continues, even if we get more 'duds' like Navarre :)

I know the feeling. I built and merged Clive and use him pretty regularly despite him still being worse worse than most of my other lance cavs, whom I barely touch, in virtually every way.

32 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I though the only GHB/Tempest that were actually considered bad are Navarre, Tobin, Clive and Clarisse (outclaseed on everything).

Most of them are gimmicky units or overall good units with decent skillset, but not powerful enough to ended up looking better than the Banner Unit (unless you're Black Knight of course).

might toss on female Robin, but she has enough defense to be a decent raven mage too, even if that niche is pretty full.

Edited by bottlegnomes

8 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I know the feeling. I built and merged Clive and use him pretty regularly despite him still being worse worse than most of my other lance cavs, whom I barely touch, in virtually every way.

might toss on female Robin, but she has enough defense to be a decent raven mage too, even if that niche is pretty full.

Arena Assault basically calls for Raven tome investment unless you got deep pockets and Green should be the first color to invest Raven builds in because the the player can counter both Reinhardt and Brave Lyn. For those with limited luck/resources, she had the mixed bulk to make it work.

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

Welp, I got my Lene and I think I'll bow out and not push my luck. Now I'm going to train a dancer I actually like. Good luck everybody.

1 minute ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Arena Assault basically calls for Raven tome investment unless you got deep pockets and Green should be the first color to invest Raven builds in because the the player can counter both Reinhardt and Brave Lyn. 

It's more that I feel like there are so many other options that it dulls her usefulness since unlike Narcien she doesn't come pre-built and other options are better for one reason or anotjer. Still, I'm hesitant to say she's bad, since it is so useful, but if there were another GHB I'd add as being unimpressive it'd probably be her.

12 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I think Clive is actually one of my most used lances... I have Ephraim (the walking kind), Subaki and The Christmas Robin ahead of him. Maybe Azura. I think he and Camus switch spots a couple of times a month. He's a good, bulky horse, which I like.

That being said, I've only just got Legendary Ephraim, and plan to use him a lot...

Female Robin's niche is to be fodder. Why is blue tome breaker still only available on her when we have so many fast blue tome users? v.v

I do use one that I've 5* TA2 to try and combat some of these fast blue tome users, though.

Edited by Cute Chao

I decided to go ahead and try summoning Ishtar with the orbs I got from the quests. I only had 33 orbs, but I bit the bullet. And then, on my very first try...

U0AaDmg.jpg

Boom! I summoned Ishtar! She's +Atk/-Spd but that's fine, she's still looking to be a fantastic unit, and I'm sure I'll get that +Atk/-Def copy at some point in the future.

Well I managed to get Ishtar and Ares in 153 orbs as well as 3 other new to my barracks units.  I am quite happy:)  With Ares I only need Heroes to get Pent to be able to make a Saiyuki look alike team, which will be so much fun when I can do that.

10 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Finn would be arguably the best non-Eph lance cav if it weren't for that,

Not really. Finn is honestly not different enough from Oscar to justify being considered significantly better, and Peri has the added benefit of having Ploys at her disposal for team support options.

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not really. Finn is honestly not different enough from Oscar to justify being considered significantly better, and Peri has the added benefit of having Ploys at her disposal for team support options.

Hence arguably, as in I could buy someone making the argument for any of those three assuming Camus is still GHB locked. I could see an argument for Peri being the best due to ploys, but it'd be close enough that I wouldn't actually object to anyone saying any of the three is the best non-Ephraim lance cav.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Lol, first roll on the banner and I land an Ishtar with +HP/-Atk. Funny, but my first Reinhardt had that same nature. He has been merged as a burnt offering to a Neutral one though. 

She still wreaks things weaker than her even with that nature. She's a terror just like her subordinate. She's going to be ruining people's days for a while. I wonder if the made the Arena streak requirements easier because of her.

She was just like this in FE4. Pray that she doesn't activate Continue/Adept, because if she does, your unit is TOAST and you are one kill closer to losing the combat rank. Even Sety!Holsety is a risk of dying without Charisma and Celice leadership if she initiates on him. 

I'll always call her tome Thorhammer and she got psychic powers or something because it floats above her hand in the map animations....

Her Lvl. 40 convo seems to suggest she regrets what she did at the end of FE4. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

I somehow managed to actually get Ares with a good enough nature (Spd+/Def-) in 30 orbs. He's about as destructive as I predicted. I also got a better BRoy, which is nice I guess. Now I'm saving to try to get Ishtar.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Hence arguably, as in I could buy someone making the argument for any of those three assuming Camus is still GHB locked. I could see an argument for Peri being the best due to ploys, but it'd be close enough that I wouldn't actually object to anyone saying any of the three is the best non-Ephraim lance cav.

Peri and Oscar have the edge over Abel outside of a cavalry team, but Peri, Oscar, and Abel are all pretty much comparable to each other when they have cavalry buffs. Finn and Camus would join them if they had access to non-neutral natures.

All of them are close enough to each other that there's no real "best" among them (other than "not Abel").

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Peri and Oscar have the edge over Abel outside of a cavalry team, but Peri, Oscar, and Abel are all pretty much comparable to each other when they have cavalry buffs. Finn and Camus would join them if they had access to non-neutral natures.

All of them are close enough to each other that there's no real "best" among them (other than "not Abel").

Fair point on Abel. Haven't used him enough to know or really even care. Would Roderick be in there too or is his speed nor enough to make up for the attack versus Abel? 

But anyway, that was essentially what I was getting at with the arguably. Finn would be in the group of cavs that are the best non-Ephraim cavs. Arguable was because each hs their supporters who argue certain aspects make that one the best, but they're similar enough that here's no clear winner.

Edited by bottlegnomes

7 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Fair point on Abel. Haven't used him enough to know or really even care. Would Roderick be in there too or is his speed nor enough to make up for the attack versus Abel? 

Roderick is pretty much in a similar situation with Abel as Cordelia, Tana, and Shigure are with each other.

Actually, it's kind of scary since Roderick is -2 Atk and +2 Spd relative to Abel, which is exactly what Shigure is to Cordelia.

I pulled Ares and Lene in the same session. I was floored. My Lene is +ATK -DEF, which is weird because I was expecting it to be the other way around. It's weird to the Level 40 stats online and my Lvl 15 Lene already has more ATK than someone else's Lvl 40. Good thing she has the safeguard sword to help with her DEF. 

23 hours ago, TadpoleSuperHero said:

I know it wasn't the map size, I love that and that got me very excited the first time I started playing. I think I dropped it because I was being silly and playing too many games at once - I dropped a lot of games then, it's only lately that I've been focusing in on 2-3 games at a time and making sure I finish one before starting another. 

Though I will say the map size could be used better, there's a little too much downtime for my tastes, but overall I'm very much enjoying the game. The overall gameplay systems are fantastic (even if there are a few things I miss from later games), and it's just like you said: the themes and motifs are fantastic, and the experience is a very rewarding one with every single bit of progression I make. I also love all the little subtext you get - even though the game was held back by I'm sure a combination of time and hardware, they made the most of every line of dialogue, and there are a lot of subtle things thrown in there that really add substance to the brief interactions. Ares and Lene's interactions in 7 are great, and Arthur finding and saving Tinny was wonderful. There's lot of stuff from Gen 1, too, and I'd heard people say that Gen 2 was more "basic" than Gen 1, but I'm not feeling that so far. There's a real sense of melancholy and desperation, nearly everyone has lost something precious to them that they can't get back and it adds a lot to the characterization and the feeling that this isn't just another "underdog Lord and his scrappy army overthrow an evil Empire" story (though I do enjoy those). 

There's a secret ending??? I need to find out how to get it and keep that in mind as I play through, I don't want to miss that!

Gen 2 gets a lot of crap and I can see why; it has a more "typical" FE story. But it's one of the only stories I can think of where the characters are having a straight up rebellion. RD is the only other game that features a rebellious war. And for the most part, I found the cast likable. Sure, a few of them were forgettable, but none were straight up bad.

And I just found out about the secret ending not too long ago. I'm not positive on how to get it though. It's probably gotten with a good rank?

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

But anyway, that was essentially what I was getting at with the arguably. Finn would be in the group of cavs that are the best non-Ephraim cavs. Arguable was because each hs their supporters who argue certain aspects make that one the best, but they're similar enough that here's no clear winner.

It boils down to affordability(in time or $$$$) rather than actual combat ability. People with deeper pockets can land an Oscar with an +ATK or +Spd IV and skill inherit and merge until he's maxed out. Those who don't have the feathers or luck...might as well use the free 5* Finn and his Goad Calvary they receive until circumstances change. 

vhpcHT8.png

What is happening...! Normally my success rate with Judgral banners is non-existant because why give me characters from my fave FE game. Hopefully that wasn't the end of my luck and I get an Ishtar down the line from the few orbs I can get from Arena/Challenges/...

So I cleared out 3 spots in my barracks, and after a bunch of going back and forth between summoning and clearing out my box, I end up with 2 copies of Ishtar, one [+Res, -Atk] and one [+Atk, -Spd], and 1 copy of Aless [+Atk, -Spd].

I need to work on clearing out some box space this weekend before I can try for a better Ishtar and a single copy of Leen (since I assume she will be dropping rarity).

I posted this in the pull topic already but.

100 orbs total spent (believe me didn't plan on spending a set number just came up that way)

+spd/-res Ishtar

2 Lene, +spd/-atk and +res/-atk

So Ishtar was who I wanted most on that banner, always a huge fan of her character and she was never playable in the games she featured in nor was there any playable unit that could use Thorhammer/Mjolnir which always seemed like one of the coolest of the holy weapons.  Besides those personal feelings reasons, she fills one of the few voids in my barracks.  A playerphase blue nuke.  I don't have Reinhardt, Linde or Delthea.  My only blue mages are Miciah a res tank, Lyn which I made into owl tank, and Robin raven tank.  I am absolutely thrilled to get her +spd. She also comes with an incredible base kit.  Too bad mages can't inherit wrath in this game.  On her art it kind of reminds me of Miciah in that the sprite is absolutely gorgeous and stands out (with Ishtar her tome floats!), the main art is a bit of a mixed bag but good still (for Ishtar the face is a bit off, but the body and costume looks wonderful), and the avatar art looks a little weird.  I can't wait to S support her with Julius.

You know when I thought Lene is likely getting demoted, I was going to be content if I got Ishtar and Ares.  Regardless Ares was my 2nd most wanted character, also to fill a void in having an offensive cavalier sword.  I don't have Brave Roy or Seigbert.  However I pulled 2 Lenes, actually in the same session, and pity rate reset I don't want to just sink all my orbs to get another Lene pity breaker.  I'll save for when Ares returns on red color by himself.  I wasn't as lucky on the natures with Lene, and -atk is brutal since it is a superbane.  With her guardsword she will have 38 attack, that isn't killing anything.  With an attack boon she would be at 45 attack and at least with fury or TA3 could be servicable as a combat unit.  I'll go with +spd and save the other for fodder, I could upgrade Inigo's B skill (Gale dance +4 speed), but Guardsword+ also seems like something that could be great on certain units.  I think with Lene I may give her speed refine putting her at 41spd , a defensive special like noontime or maybe etucheon or something, and maybe something to further increase tankiness in A slot.  Just focus on making her survive better to do her job and avoid combat as much as possible.  

A thing I'm worried about this banner.  Whales drive the economy and none of the units are whale bait.  They are all units with BST penalty, Ares has cav penalty, Lene has dancer penalty, and Ishtar has ranged penalty which means they are bad for high level arena.  

Edit: Oh yeah Lene's art, it is perfection.  She is the first dancer that actually looks like she has a body that fits such an occupation, look at those abs and the tone.  The others are beautiful women but they just look thin without any indication of physical exercise.

Edited by Lewyn

@Lewyn Now I'm no big-city lawyer or nothing, but I don't think you have to worry too much. None will be great for maxing score, and I've never been in tier 20, too attached to my cav team with not enough resources to merge much, but from what I gather, to just stay in 20, a team of +10s is enough even if they're all penalty units. I don't know for certain, but I believe @XRay runs a triple Reinhardt team sometimes, and Reinhardt is like bottom tier in terms of score. Ishtar is waifu enough to pull just on that and she's the best blue infantry mage, possibly infantry mage, and Ares is a fantastic sword cav, even if there are a bunch of them, and another very popular character. True neither would be ideal for scoring in AA, but the sense I get is that most whale's have a dedicated initial AA tram that's solely for scoring high, not necessarily their main team.

Also, what do you mean by avatar sprite?