New Heroes: Geneolgy

Poimagic

I OMFG WHY WOULD THEY PUT ISHTAR AND ARES IN THE SAME BANNER?! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THEM BOTH!?

I'm so happy they chose this song for the banner, but this is such a surprise, and I don't have the orbs saved up for this banner! $h!t.

Ares and Ishtar are also like some of the only characters I've been waiting for for a long time.

I can also not express how happy I am that they kept her title as the Thunder Goddess. I as expecting a Special Cooldown Blow on Ares' Mystletainn, but a permanent Special cool down works too I guess, lol.

Edited by Ae†her

SO if i understand Ares wording properly that effect was basically written like that specifically to make it so that you can't use it with Galeforce

....now im bringing up the fact that due to how that weapon is set up its likley Ares is high speed bruiser horse ALA Siegbert. Whcih would make it ideal for classic Mystletainn. I hate this trend of new prf so much because of that

@Vaximillian sorry to burst your bubble, but i kinda dislike Ishtar Art they chose for this game :(

THe :( face never hits it for me

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@Vaximillian sorry to burst your bubble, but i kinda dislike Ishtar Art they chose for this game :(

THe :( face never hits it for me

I like her art a whole lot, even if I’d have preferred it swapped with Lene’s, heh. I like how she isn’t in-your-face sexy despite her considerable bust and cleavage and infinite legs.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I like her art a whole lot, even if I’d have preferred it swapped with Lene’s, heh. I like how she isn’t in-your-face sexy despite her considerable bust and cleavage and infinite legs.

yeah its good overall

Just.... the face. Im not used to Ishtar having frowny face at all

This is a good banner, Ares looks pretty cool and saved himself from face clone syndrome

Lene is a new red dancer which I honestly thought we had already so clearly we needed one.

and Ishtar is Ishtar and therefore the best thing.

Now to patiently wait for Lewyn then we can have all legendary tomes from 4...Yay for Julius

Nice banner.
Wish Ishtar wasn't there... because... I don't really care... at all... but she's.. okay, I guess? So it's fine?

Hoping for Lene, Ares would be fine too.

49 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Nice banner.
Wish Ishtar wasn't there... because... I don't really care... at all... but she's.. okay, I guess? So it's fine?

Hoping for Lene, Ares would be fine too.

That way you can just focus on Reds.

I'm pretty disappointed that they added an another sword cavalry, i expected more Lex to improve the number of axe cavalry (only 4, whose one seasonal) I hope they will fix that later. 

Edited by Kozac

Eh not interested...guess I'll do a free pull Red for Ares, but other than that I'll skip this banner.  Finally a breather so I can stock up on more orbs after wasting them all with no results on the Wings of Fate banner.

I shouldn't have assumed Jugdral would be on pause since we just got Thracia. Now I have 21 orbs and most of the May quests done.

Ares looks really fun. I'm imagining Area of Effect specials will be best on him since once you charge the first every attack he does will be an AoE special, but normal attacking specials will also work. I don't know if he'd replace Sigurd on my Cavalry team, but I would definitely use him for other things. If I don't get him, at least Eldigan will probably get the sword as a refine.

Lene is the first dancer we got in the normal pool since Ninian. Sword Vidolfnir+ looks pretty neat, although I doubt she'll make much use of it.

Ishtar's face looks off, but the rest looks fine to me. Odd turns will give her +10 to Attack and Speed with all the buffs in her kit, so I'm guessing she'll be either powercrept Linde or have subpar Attack and Speed stats that makes her need the buffs. Her animations are 10/10.

The thing I'm most interested in is who will be the demote. I assumed Lene at first, but she has a Valor (even if it is a common one) and a Dance Buff, but Ares also has a chance at demoting. His kit might consists of a prf., which admittedly hurts his chance of being the demote, but also a Brazen, which are slowly being made less rare, and a Seal skill. It will probably be Leen who demotes, but I can hope.

I am SO glad that red is the best color to pull on, given that I am short on pretty much every kind of red fodder. That being said, I just used all my orbs on the legendary banner (and got insainly lucky, which is part of why I am so short on fodder. I notably need fury, moonbow, reposition, and Triangle Adept). Also, I now have precisely three dancers, so I would like another one, so I can have one with each blessing (makes the quests much easier)

4 hours ago, AndrewMcC00l said:

The thing I'm most interested in is who will be the demote. I assumed Lene at first, but she has a Valor (even if it is a common one) and a Dance Buff, but Ares also has a chance at demoting. His kit might consists of a prf., which admittedly hurts his chance of being the demote, but also a Brazen, which are slowly being made less rare, and a Seal skill. It will probably be Leen who demotes, but I can hope.

It is worth noting that there are two big rules that IS seem to follow when demoting someone.

1. Never demote anyone with all three passive skills. (so in this case, not ishtar) As far as I can tell, this rule has never been broken (although you could argue that Nanna violates it, given that she has two passive skills, instead of the usual one that staff users have, I think that's because thay realised that having no staff users come with inheritable level 3 passive skills at 4* was a large part of what made colorless hell so bad).

2. Never demote anyone with a personal weapon if an alternative with an inheritable weapon is avalible (which implies not ishtar or ares). This rule has been broken once, for the branded king banner. In that case, Mle morgan was demoted. However, demoting either of of the other characters would have violated rule number one.

As such, I suspect that Lene will be demoted, because she is the only character without a legendary weapon, and she only has three passive skills. IS likes to give us a skill new to the 4* pool as the 4* skill with every demotion. Examples include drive def on nanna, life and death on sothe, and spur def/res on m!morgan.

21 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

....now im bringing up the fact that due to how that weapon is set up its likley Ares is high speed bruiser horse ALA Siegbert. Whcih would make it ideal for classic Mystletainn. I hate this trend of new prf so much because of that

See also the fact that Legendary lyn would like the normal mulagir if you are running her in settings that don't generally meet the swift mulagir's condition, or using her as a blue tome counter.