Grand Hero Battle - Julius: Scion of Darkness (May 14 ~)

Coolmanio

The Infernal difficulty was pretty easy. I used:

Marth (+Atk/-Res, +7, Support): Refined Falchion, Reposition, Aether, Steady Breath, Swordbreaker 3, Drive Spd 2, Drive Atk 2 SS;
Fjorm (neutral): Leiptr, Reposition, Glacies, Atk/Def Bond 3, Vantage 3, Drive Atk 3, Quick Riposte SS;
PA! Azura (+HP/-Spd): Urðr, Sing, New Moon, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy, Drive Res 2, Spur Spd 1 SS;
Bride Lyn (+Res/-HP): (Wrathful Candlelight+, Physic+, HP+5, Dazzling Staff 3, Drive Res 2, Drive Def 2 SS

Julius had no chance against Fjorm. The problem for Julius was the cleric attacking first, reducing Fjorm's Glacies cooldown, and the special was triggered against Julius, killing the Grannvale Empire's prince. The others units was defeated thanks to a combined effort of all the others units.
I thought this would be hard, but nope. I had more problems with Kana's GHB than Julius' GHB. I only won Infernal Kana because I got L' Lyn and L' Robin in the Legendary Banner, and both was essencial for my victory.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only had one restart (on Infernal) so yeah, this one went down fairly easily.

+2 Devoted Monster Jakob (+Atk/-Res): Brave Bow+, Swap, Ignis, Death Blow 3, Bold Fighter 3, Ward Armor, Armored Boots

+2 Enigmatic Blade Marth: Sealed Falchion, Draw Back, Luna, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Threaten Spd 3

Lady of the Lake Azura (+Spd/-Res): Sapphire Lance+, Sing, Luna, Speed +3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Res 3

Lady of Ballads Azura (+Spd/-Atk): Uror, Sing, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Drive Res 2

@mampfoid Brilliant as always. You made it look like Child's Play. Shoutouts to more Smite also, you said you were almost out of Bartres!

@Ginko The good old strike-and-retreat method. It can be stressful being backed into a corner doing that, but you made it look easy. The most satisfying part of the clear by far was that 100 damage even on Julius.

@Rafiel's Aria The funniest thing about this clear is that Lucius went through the whole map without healing anybody. Unbelievable. He's basically a colorless mage (the latter of which he should have been in this game to begin with, but yeah.) I never get tired of seeing (or using) that Raven but Lucius definitely carried the team to victory in this one. Nicely done indeed. Shoutouts to Mia tanking that blue magic also, this is reminding me more and more of my team, and that's a good thing. Everyone plays an important part, and you run a healer to boot!

@Fei Mao @eclipse @Alexmender @mcsilas @Quintessence @SilvertheShadow @Glennstavos @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Hilda @Johann @Infinite Dreams @Nosmur @DarkLordIvy @Rezzy @Cute Chao @Usana @DefaultBeep @Poimagic @XRay

The map was intimidating, less intimidating than I gave it credit for though in actuality. This one only took 2 tries to get down. I treated Julius like Saias initially. Trying to avoid being detonated by him, but just on a whim I decided to see if Matthew could survive his bomb and sure enough, he did with HP to spare. After that it was just a matter of breaking down each enemy while keeping Matt healthy. Ayra didn't do too much here but she played a key role and got to get a little exercise still. 

For the most part it was another case of Matthew doing what he does best, walling like a champ and yet again proving his viability as a mixed tank dealing with magic and physical users alike.

~Cheers

Edited by Zeo

This one was pretty annoying on Infernal, mostly because there were several times I lost when the battle was nearly won. The worst was when there was only the knight and the staff unit left, and somehow the staff unit was able to kill my Summer Corrin. Boy was I salty after that. Eventually I got it down with my fliers after several attempts. 

@Zeo Nice job! I now feel kinda bad for rating Matthew so low... Okay, maybe not, but I’m impressed anyways.

Used my usual Flier Emblem strategy of having Corrin and Camilla blow everything up with support from Elincia and Azura.

Was thrown off-guard by the reinforcements, but still managed Infernal in one try.

50 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Brilliant as always. You made it look like Child's Play. Shoutouts to more Smite also, you said you were almost out of Bartres!

Hey thanks, same to you! This Bartre is the one copy I keep for things like 4 heroes quests, HM, cameos and so on. 

52 minutes ago, Zeo said:

For the most part it was another case of Matthew doing what he does best, walling like a champ and yet again proving his viability as a mixed tank dealing with magic and physical users alike.

Exactly this.

I've tried this map with another team this time, to try something tanky as well. But NY!Camilla, Carrot!Kagero, Shigure and Minvera where not able to solve infernal yet. They lack merges and healing, but only trying it this way let me appreciate the sturdiness of Matthew even more. 

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

The good old strike-and-retreat method. It can be stressful being backed into a corner doing that, but you made it look easy. The most satisfying part of the clear by far was that 100 damage even on Julius.

I have no choice but to let Siegbert and Roy sweep this map. There are too many mages that can target Shiro's weakness. That 100 dmg is not my intention, without Bonfire Siegbert still manage to kill him at 80 dmg.

I presume that Matthew can tank all mages that cannot double him. Julius got -ATK debuff from him so Dragonic Aura cannot harm him. (Unlike Saias's Glacies, that Matthew have to avoid at all cost). I thought I would get to see Inigo finish that blue armor, Genny stole the kill lol

To be honest, I am thoroughly unimpressed with Julius as a unit. His stats are pretty standard for his family and his tome is a fairly pointless gimmick that won't generally make a significant difference against both normal and dragon slaying opponents. It might help him tank mages, but there are tomes that do so more elegantly. 

He really should have just been a dragon. At least then, he'd have a unique role as a ranged dragon unit. 

I have to thank Tybrosion for reminding me I had Haloween Jakob.  I kinda solo'd this map with him and his harem of dancers.

+3 Halloween! Jakob (-HP +ATK) Brave Bow+, Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Bold Fighter 3, Savage Blow 3, Armored Boots SS

+2 PA! Azura (-ATK + SPD) Urðr, Sing, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 2, Wings of Mercy 2, Fortify Def 2, Hone Spd 2 SS;

+1 Lene (-HP +RES) Safeguard + (RES Refine), Dance, Iceburg, Sturdy Blow 2, Wings of Mercy 3, Sword Valor 3, Squad Ace E 2 SS 

+4 PA! Olivia (-RES +SPD) Kitty Paddle +, Dance, Glacies, Distant Def 3, Blaze Dance 3, Breath of Life 3, Breath of Life 1 SS

@LordFrigid Well done!

Your Roy takes enough damage from the sword fighter, I had to change plans and send Elincia instead. Bartre has got the mustache-power.

Next one is Amelia & Tana BHB. I already did some calcs and I'm happy my Roy inherited Armor Smasher+ with LnD3 from a Hana months ago. They didn't have any nasty pre-charged specials, did they?

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Next one is Amelia & Tana BHB. I already did some calcs and I'm happy my Roy inherited Armor Smasher+ with LnD3 from a Hana months ago. They didn't have any nasty pre-charged specials, did they?

I hate this map so much, last time I cleared it with Cavalry Mages team(Leo, Reinhardt,Cecilia, and BowLyn). This time might be a different because I got Micaiah ready to smack Amelia face. (I featured her one time on Lyon's map )

This one took me a while. It's definitrly not as easy as some people here are making it out to be. Kana was so much more simple. Had to juggle my Fliers around for a while until I got the winning combo of F!Grima, Kinshi!Hinoka, H!Nowi and Airzura. Reaaally glad to be done with this. Julius will make neat fodder for my Micaiah.

Edited by Nanima

27 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I hate this map so much, last time I cleared it with Cavalry Mages team(Leo, Reinhardt,Cecilia, and BowLyn). This time might be a different because I got Micaiah ready to smack Amelia face. (I featured her one time on Lyon's map )

I only remember to have used my ranged flier team which could play run and hide from the waterside. 

Bet your current team will get it done as well. 

@mampfoid Smite shenanigans are always so fun to watch

@Zeo Nice vid. Always nice to see Matt tank things that he normally shouldn’t tank. I would probably have built him already if wasn’t both content with my current dagger units and doing a Rody merge project. Speaking of Dagger units.....

I cleared this map with flier emblem, using a team of S!Camilla, S!Kagero, S!Corrin, and NY!Azura. S!Corrin was the mvp, tanking things with her +res nature+fury, as well as being the main Offense

Looks like the reinforcements aren't turn based (I'm assuming killing certain enemies triggers them instead).

I eventually figured out infernal with my trusty flier team of Elincia, Airzura, H!Nowi, and Tana. It ended up requiring me to play more defensively, and I somehow managed to delay the bow reinforcement until almost the very end which was helpful.  

I used Dragon emblem team of the two Kanas, A!Tiki and F!Grima on hard and lunatic but since they are unmerged I knew they would not cut it on infernal so F2P guide ftw.  The team was Fjorm with QR ss, Olivia, Donnel with spur atk 3 ss and Arvis.  Fjorm took out most of the enemies Donnel healed and took out one enemy Olivia danced and Arvis mopped up anyone Fjorm missed.  This GHB was fairly simple, but I have more units now so more options means I can try more things.

Looks like I'm going to get my clear out there early this time around.  This was probably my favorite GHB yet.  Everything was so faithfully recreated -- The music, Belhalla...and I was especially impressed with how accurately the 12 Deadlords were represented, given the game's constraints.

@mampfoid Wow! That Smite was really cool and also how you calculated how much damage Roy had to take in order to activate WoM. Congrats on the awesome clear!

@Zeo Very nice! Matthew tanked them all like a champ as always. It feels really nice to see your team take on that battle with little to no trouble at all. 

----

@DefyingFates @SatsumaFSoysoy

Now for me, I cleared this last night but forgot to record it so I had to do it again, haha. I kinda wanted to try the 1 turn tanking strategy but the healer AI didn't allowed me to do it so I took the long route. Props to S!Catria for providing all those debuffs and drive support.

noticed the enemy respawn only works when they are below specific number

By putting Moonbow on Hardin he would put a lot of the enemies on low enough HP for most ranged picking. After which i can specifically clean up with danced unit while having Hardin on position to kill the colorless enemies with Marth aura in place for enemy phase.

The result is a 2TK, which, of course is possible to be tinkered so that i can replaced the ranged unit with Brave Roy. Kinda want to run Brave Roy only run for this but theres not many possible trick to set up here unlike Ursula and Oliver

Julius:Infernal

Genny(pain+) PA ! Azura Sothe and Fjorm (perfect to counter the Bard dagger owner and Julius and kill them in 1 battle ) the difficulties was to keep the panic staff away to avoid a giant debuff after Sothe's attack. 

@Zeo @Alexmender I was wondering what you two would do about the Lance Armor particularly.

@Vaximillian @Arcanite @Rezzy I did my own run last night too. My first time using Smite lol @mampfoid 

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Pinging because Unlimited Blade Works tbh

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy