Grand Hero Battle - Julius: Scion of Darkness (May 14 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Rafiel's Aria Glad to hear that. What's a writing date? 

My boyfriend and I set up Skype (cause we live a couple of thousand miles away from each other), eat snacks/dinner, and either write our respective novels/fanfictions/short stories in progress or pretend to be productive and waste our time just talking about our WIPs (or life) instead. It's a usually failed way to be creative and bounce ideas off of each other because we're nerds birds of feather in the creative, geeky department, and like I kinda' sorta' think he's neat so like having my favorite activity and my favorite person together at the same time is great.

Managed to beat Julius finally on the lowest possible mode last night. And it only took...20 tries! T_T 

Needless to say, I am pleased that I got him. Although, collecting enough feathers to get his rank up to 5 star will be a pain. 

On 5/17/2018 at 9:37 PM, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian @Rezzy @DefaultBeep @Infinite Dreams

Okay so I had to scrap the Dorcas idea, but here is my themed clear for Infernal of Arvis disciplining his son with his wife and other son. Oh and Zelgius.

Otherwise, Team Ploy since everyone has Ploys (although Zelgius's Panic Ploy doesn't really do much against the Infernal-boosted HP stats but he still technically has a Ploy in his base kit)

As for natures, team is neutral Arvis, +Res/-Atk Deirdre, neutral Saias and +Atk/-Spd Zelgius. Music is Fate from the King of Fighters XIII soundtrack.

[Video]

Thanks for the tag!  Nice video!  :D:  I'm so happy that Deirdre was the one to take down Julius, hehehe.

Infernal went much more smoothly than I expected. I dumped Reinhardt for my classic squad of Nino, Eirika, Kagero, and Cordelia, and Julius rolled over on my first attempt. I guess it helped that most of the enemies are infantry, and that the one armoured unit doesn't have Wary Fighter (the bane of my life, seriously).

On a totally unrelated note, I love having Life and Death 3 fodder at 4*.

I hardly have time to play these days thanks to work and using my free time to play BotW for the first time, so I ended using BB Innes with 3 dancers and it was very easy, thank you Innes

My team was Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Xander, and Inigo. I'm not sure if Savage Blow is necessary or not, but the last healer(aka the Hel mage) became the last unit because it chose to heal first instead of advance. 

Lyn's Draw Back and Reinhardt's Reposition basically helped Inigo out of a rough spot. Lyn has Desperation to make blow up the mages easy peasy.. 

@Zeo @mampfoid Quick question, mostly out of curiosity, do you do Infernal clears first or start from Lunatic to make strategies? Did your strategies have to differ wildly?

I realised today that it was the last hours of this GHB, so I did Lunatic and Hard for the extra copies of Atk Ploy fodder. (I did Infernal first msotly because of barracks space issues until I could clear space for other copies.) Curiously enough, I tried emulating that Deirdre/Saias/Arvis/Zelgius run but I actually couldn't do it with that team on Lunatic despite clearing it in Infernal. Amazing how the addition of 1 unit (in this case the dagger user) changes movement patterns (maybe blocking some paths) and changes the run where I could clear it in Infernal but not in Lunatic.

Although I guess with your strategies (Matthew's debuffs, GF one turn clears) maybe you don't exactly have this problem.

Because I was running out of time I just went Horse Emblem plus dancer in the end though. Heh.

@mcsilas In the past I just started from the lowest difficulty and solved them one by one with infernal last. Since I'm recording one-turn clears of infernal maps, I'm starting with Infernal and clear the lower difficulties later. In most cases the infernal strategy doesn't work for lunatic, because the AI acts differently and/or I can't proc GF/WoM, so I would come up with a whole different team. I'm trying to use new or underused units in these cases. 

@mcsilas Late answer to this question but I typically just dive right into infernal. I'd rather not get accustomed to the lower stats (and typically the missing infernal-exclusive unit) before trying to crack the map.

After beating Infernal, I pretty much just breeze through the lower difficulties with my team. Working your way down is much less stressful. Not that stress is a common factor with this team at all. As for strategy variation, considering my order of difficulty I can pretty much do the same thing I did on Infernal for the lower difficulties and I'll just clear the map even faster.

On 5/27/2018 at 4:22 AM, Zeo said:

@mcsilas Late answer to this question but I typically just dive right into infernal. I'd rather not get accustomed to the lower stats (and typically the missing infernal-exclusive unit) before trying to crack the map.

After beating Infernal, I pretty much just breeze through the lower difficulties with my team. Working your way down is much less stressful. Not that stress is a common factor with this team at all. As for strategy variation, considering my order of difficulty I can pretty much do the same thing I did on Infernal for the lower difficulties and I'll just clear the map even faster.

Yeah that's fair. it's just really ironically funny when all the precise steps that I had to do with my video clear just doesn't work at all in lower levels. Deirdre vs Julius was a sight to behold and impressive but to see it not work at all in Lunatic is pretty funny in a way. Maybe it's because Julius's special wasn't prepared straight away or something.

Not like I can check now anyway that the map is gone for now haha.

• 5 months later...

Completed the rerun quests.

Fliers Lunatic clear:
+1 Summer Corrin: Blarblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Iote's Shield
+1 +Atk/-Res Summer Tana: Raudreblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Goad Fliers
+Spd/-Atk New Years Azura: Spd Hagoita+, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Flier Formation 3
5* +Atk/-Spd Cherche: eff. Cherche's Axe, Reposition, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers

Sharena vs. Lunatic Julius:
5*+10 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt
+10 +Spd/-Def Firesweep Brave Lyn
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia: Ruby Sword+, Aether, Distant Counter, Wings of Mercy, Hone Spd 3 seal
5* Sharena: eff. Fensalir, Growing Wind, Fury 3, Renewal 3, Atk Smoke 3, Spd Smoke 3

4* Julius vs. Lunatic Julius:
4* Julius: Atk +3 seal
+10 +Spd/-Def Brave Lyn: Brave Bow+, Reposition, Blazing Wind, Desperation 3, double Savage Blow 3
Same Olivia and Sharena as above

4* Julius hits like a wet noodle against his Lunatic boss self; with the setup without buffs, he could only do 1 damage vs. boss Julius and could only muster ~4 damage with Hone Atk 3 or Atk Tactic 3, hence I picked Brave Lyn running that specific build. KOing the healer ASAP is a huge priority with this strategy along with getting Julius to be hit by the splash damage from Blazing Wind.

@mampfoid @kirauza343 @mcsilas @ruruo @Zeo @Landmaster

Skipped the clear last go around. I remember the map being very frustrating for me back in May, and coming back to it I can still see why (although it's gotten better). Anyway here is my Taku clear first:

Music is Flaming Bonds are being tested - from Tales of Zestiria once again. I thought the whole flame theme would fit Julius well. 

Had to switch OG!Takumi back to brave bow. No skill inheritence necessary, which was a pleasant surprise. WoM still came in handy towards the end, but wasn't as constantly vital as for Aversa's GHB. All Takumis put in their work here, which is my consistent goal for these clears. Overall, while this map did give me a bit of trouble, I was able to solve it with little cost to myself and that's what matters most.~

Edited by Nanima

Wow it's Julius! okay! let's go get him, DJ!

ETA: 
Okay -
Hard: my A Team - Tiki + Myrrh + Hosh!Micaiah + Isthar.
Boom. Done. (I have ignis on Myrrh but I am seriously wondering if she doesn't deserve Aether too. I honestly hope i get a bucket full of Hectors soon because my girls deserve Distant Counter so badly).  - Julius!!

Sharena Quest - Easy - Sharena became Ishtar and Rally-Attacked Tiki/Myrrh. (I'll take that orb, thank you very much!)

Lunatic - back to the A Team. first run - death (i forgot to put distance def on Myrrh. did that - cake) - Silver Julius, thank you kindly!
Fly Team: OG!Myrrh, Flynino, B!Ninian and Morgan. had one death (forgot Iote's Shield) - put that on, and cake. (and orb, thank you v. much!)

too bad yesterday was magic day - because i could have got Julius to level 40, and see if I could Kill Julius with Julius and let Sharena kill Julius. that's gonna be hard..hmm.
I also have to figure out Infernal. (I am gonna see if i can figure this out myself. :) )

Edited by daisy jane

4 hours ago, Nanima said:

@mampfoid @kirauza343 @mcsilas @ruruo @Zeo @Landmaster

Skipped the clear last go around. I remember the map being very frustrating for me back in May, and coming back to it I can still see why (although it's gotten better). Anyway here is my Taku clear first:

Music is Flaming Bonds are being tested - from Tales of Zestiria once again. I thought the whole flame theme would fit Julius well. 

Had to switch OG!Takumi back to brave bow. No skill inheritence necessary, which was a pleasant surprise. WoM still came in handy towards the end, but wasn't as constantly vital as for Aversa's GHB. All Takumis put in their work here, which is my consistent goal for these clears. Overall, while this map did give me a bit of trouble, I was able to solve it with little cost to myself and that's what matters most.~

TakuSquad all did some nice work here, the reinforcements on this map are a major hassle to deal with but you handled them all well. NY!Taku impressed me the most, I find getting Daggers to work a bit of a struggle, but he was awesome, great overall!~

okay. so - I couldn't figure out how to kill Julius with Sharena - without the AI doing crazy crap. so i had to use Arena Assault abuse. (don't even care). 
(I was using a team of Aversa, Olivia, Ike + Sharena). the blue mage kept coming after Aversa or Ike, and killing them, and no mater what I did with skills, they died). 

I also killed Julius with Julius (WHY this took so long to figure out in Arena Assault i don't know why). he just wasn't doing it before. but then i used Olivia and a level 1 Sothe. Sothe did something, Olivia hit him and all of a sudden Julius was capable of inflicting some damage. So got that orb. 

and when in doubt - the A Team steps up - this time babysitting Julius, and once again we get that orb. 
GHB: Julius revival - done and done :) 

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

TakuSquad all did some nice work here, the reinforcements on this map are a major hassle to deal with but you handled them all well. NY!Taku impressed me the most, I find getting Daggers to work a bit of a struggle, but he was awesome, great overall!~

Oh yes, they can be a pain. It's so easy to get overwhelmed. And yeah, daggers have their oddities, but I find that with the right skills and his mochi equipped, he can tear through a lot of enemies. Thank you!

So, very unfortunately, I was DETERMINED to clear this map with these units and desperation and much, MUCH, trial and error made it happen~

I really wanted to use Ishtar for obvious reasons, Kitty Sakura because I couldn't have possibly pulled her at a better time with this mage-filled map, and Ares because I just promoted him~

Honestly, it was harder for me to recreate the win than it was to win itself. I think I spent around 45 minutes trying to remember what I did to beat the map so I could record it, LOL (it was Elise hitting the Sword Fighter and getting tossed by Ares I couldn't remember)~

Escape Route on Sakura was detrimental to getting this done to keep Ares out of danger. I don't think Ares actually used it in this clear, I had used it in numerous failed attempts so that's why it's still on him if he doesn't actually use it here~ Distant Def Seal's on him to save him from that Thief~ Elise only needed the Blue Tomebreaker and to get the chip damage and Ishtar also got the Savage Blow seal which helped Sakura and Ares get a couple kills they would have missed otherwise.

IDK if I'd give Sakura MVP title here or Ares for his rampage at the end but I kinda lean towards Ares~

TL;DR, thank you @Johann , @daisy jane and @EricaofRenais for telling me to promote Ares <3

Edited by Landmaster

@Nanima Wow, that was really close! I wondered how you'd handle the distant defense knight and your solution worked beautifully.

Didn't realize I hadn't done this one with my main girls but didn't have many issues with it. Just two more merges until Cherche becomes my first +10 unit!

I knew Fierce Stance would be a good investment for Micaiah, and I'm really grateful that her ally support is with Marisa (could've made it work without it but it definitely made it easier).

@Nanima Taco team is baack! Yeeess ~ Ahh.. when Fallen!Taco just barely survived with 1hp .. and then everyone on super low hp after taking that Pain+ from the healer....  so close! :'''D I love how you used NY!Taco to debuff. He worked really well with your team.  Good job on beating that final blue tin can too!

@Landmaster Awww always glad to see Sakunya getting some action as always x)I liked how you had Elise keep her tome. 

49 minutes ago, ruruo said:

Awww always glad to see Sakunya getting some action as always x)I liked how you had Elise keep her tome. 

Thanks, and I'm also glad I got to use her on a map so soon~ I usually don't change Special Heroes' weapons, they tend to work fine enough for me XD

@kirauza343, close call with Micaiah, this one had a lot of tossing around shenanigans to get it done and it was fun to see how it all worked out. I especially liked Marisa throwing Cherche to save Micaiah from everyone on the right side. Nice job!~

Edited by Landmaster

13 minutes ago, Johann said:

The heart knows best.

Do you use those units a lot? I've seen Summer Elise as your lead a lot so I'm guessing you do, right?

I use Ishtar a good bit. Elise I do use a lot and yep she was my lead for a while (I may put her back when I get one that's not -Atk). Sakura, I just pulled a couple days ago so I wanted to try her out and I used Ares a bit as a 4* but I'll probably use him a lot more now~