Grand Hero Battle - Julius: Scion of Darkness (May 14 ~)

Coolmanio

15 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I use Ishtar a good bit. Elise I do use a lot and yep she was my lead for a while (I may put her back when I get one that's not -Atk). Sakura, I just pulled a couple days ago so I wanted to try her out and I used Ares a bit as a 4* but I'll probably use him a lot more now~

Watching Ares throw out so many Draconic Auras did have me feeling envious, not gonna lie. Sakura's extremely handy for GHBs like this so I think you're gonna be really happy with her.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Johann said:

Watching Ares throw out so many Draconic Auras did have me feeling envious, not gonna lie. Sakura's extremely handy for GHBs like this so I think you're gonna be really happy with her.

He's certainly a lot of fun, I'll definitely be investing in him~ And you're right about that, I've always lacked a good mage killer so I'm looking forward to how Sakura will do on future heavy reinforcement maps~

He's back. Last time around I didn't clear infernal, partly because I wanted to see if Reinhardt could do it and neither of them were ready. It also stumped me full stop. Now it's time for the Final (?) Holy War.

Askrtrio cleared with a recent promotion, 5* Lucius. Sharena was the star of the show, taking on a lot of enemies at once.

Julius fought himself with the PM1 start, it's like Oliver but worse so I am not interested in self-immolation.

Flier clear with Aversa, Brinian, Peganino and WitchMia. All the enemies (Even the archer!), no Iote's shield, all slaughter, though Julius made it harder with his defences.

Infernal cleared with Reinhardt, Zweihardt, Walhart and Veronica. In fairness, I should have added Gronnwen, but I can't say it didn't work out. I think Zweihardt beat Julius in 1 round, if he hadn't got the special ready I might have failed and of course should have finished with regular Rein.

@Landmaster Amazing use of Sakunyan. Gives me some ideas for my princess clear, if I still find the time for it this week. Otherwise I am glad that at least someone managed to show her shine on this map. Your other units worked out really well too. Bringing in Ishtar was the perfect irony and she proved really effective.

@kirauza343 Micaiah held out well, even if she needed some backup by the end. Cherche put that stupid knight in his place like it was no big deal and Celica powered through everything that came into range. Congrats!

Edited by Nanima

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

@Landmaster Amazing use of Sakunyan. Gives me some ideas for my princess clear, if I still find the time for it this week. Otherwise I am glad that at least someone managed to show her shine on this map. Your other units worked out really well too. Bringing in Ishtar was the perfect irony and she proved really effective.

Glad you enjoyed! She is a really great option on this map (hopefully yours is not -Res so she doesn't have quite as close calls). I'm also glad with Ishtar, the Savage Blow and Atk Wave Boosts did end up being a big help to getting the win~

Ok, trying to keep up with my replies. Sorry for being late again. 

On 10.11.2018 at 2:33 PM, Nanima said:

Anyway here is my Taku clear first:

No additional merges on evil Takumi yet?

Wow, this one had a lot clutch moments: 1 HP survival with possessed Takumi and everyone (except OG Takumi) at 1 HP in the end. 

Also great finisher with the luna quad, congrats! 

(Doing the missions with a 4* Julius made me realize that this map isn't as easy as I thought in the beginning.)

On 11.11.2018 at 1:56 AM, Landmaster said:

So, very unfortunately, I was DETERMINED to clear this map with these units and desperation and much, MUCH, trial and error made it happen~

Interesting team, Ares was a pretty good choice. Congrats on your clear! 

Ishtar got the finishing blow in the end, didn't know she had a story with Julius in their game. 

On 11.11.2018 at 3:38 AM, kirauza343 said:

Didn't realize I hadn't done this one with my main girls but didn't have many issues with it. Just two more merges until Cherche becomes my first +10 unit!

Nice clear, good luck getting the missing copies of Cherche! 

Micaiah trivialized the opener by killing the annoying healer and boss Julius on turn 1. 

Marisa will become an absolute beast with merges from Aether raid and she is already pretty cool now. 

@Landmaster Oh she definitely is (she's -Def, but about the close calls... well, you'll see)! Ishtar really is such a power house. There's not much that she can't kill when initiating, and the Savage Blow helped soften them up. 

@mampfoid Not yet, sadly. I still want to finish Sakura first. Also Intsys keeps choosing the worst bonus units for arena, so promoting Anna this week is another priority. I could get more feathers through RD grinding, but from what I've seen that also requires another 20k investment into promoting Cordelia first... Suffice to say, it'll be awhile before I get around to more P!Takumi.

Oh yes, it was close towards the end. I never really feel threatened by low HP though, since aside from P!Takumi none of them can take more than one hit at most anyway, so tanking damage is mostly just a matter of "If I have too..." in my clears. 

Thanks, I always love it when it lines up so well.

And oh definitely. The map gave me a headache back in May with a dancer squad, and even if I was better equipped this go around I still think of this as one of the more challenging GHBs. Reinforcements are to blame as usual.

@ruruo @Zeo @mcsilas @kirauza343

Anyway, I still managed my Princess clear here:    

Music: 1. Tales of Symphonia 2. Starry Heavens ~ Heroic 3. Soshite boku ni dekiru koto (And the things you can do for me) ~Heroic. All from Tales of Symphonia 

I'm unsure if I had a harder time with this or the Takumis. It's still very easy to get overwhelmed. I kinda wish my Sakunyan was +Res, so she'd have better sustain, but it still worked out in the end. OG!Sakura with her Gravity was once more a vital team member. And exploding armours, that haunted me on Taku clears, with Kinoka will never stop being satisfying. The only inheritence needed, was Spur Speed 2 on OG!Sakura and since I got almost nothing but Saizous out of colourless on the Adrift banner, I was more than happy to give it to her.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Interesting team, Ares was a pretty good choice. Congrats on your clear! 

Ishtar got the finishing blow in the end, didn't know she had a story with Julius in their game. 

Thank you! Yep, she and Julius are lovers~ That's why he hates Reinhardt (Ishtar's retainer) XD

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

Music: 1. Tales of Symphonia 2. Starry Heavens ~ Heroic 3. Soshite boku ni dekiru koto (And the things you can do for me) ~Heroic. All from Tales of Symphonia 

I'm unsure if I had a harder time with this or the Takumis. It's still very easy to get overwhelmed. I kinda wish my Sakunyan was +Res, so she'd have better sustain, but it still worked out in the end. OG!Sakura with her Gravity was once more a vital team member. And exploding armours, that haunted me on Taku clears, with Kinoka will never stop being satisfying. The only inheritence needed, was Spur Speed 2 on OG!Sakura and since I got almost nothing but Saizous out of colourless on the Adrift banner, I was more than happy to give it to her.

A Desperation Sakunyan, that was a great choice! Kinoka comes in really handy with the Refrigerator and Thief, I found those to be the tougher units to deal with and Kinoka hits hard. Regular Sakura was really impressive with her Offensive damage and Gravity is always good on a heavy reinforcement map like this~ Looks like Sakunyan made this a bit easier than the Taku clear but both were really good!~

@Nanima Sakunyan action!! The part is how she managed so many kills! I like how you gave her Desperation and a Stance skill. It's an unusual combination, but it helps her on both phases. Happy that there was so many mages for her to initiate on! Highlight was definitely when she tanked Julius' Glacies, and countered x) Also, I've never realised how hard hitting OG!Sakura can be until I started watching your videos. Overall excellent job on this!! 

(Totally off topic, ToS music again! I actually couldn't recognise the last two, and looked them up... the second one wasn't released in the english version? But omg.. the last one was the background to when Kratos rejoins ;_; !!!) 

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

A Desperation Sakunyan, that was a great choice! Kinoka comes in really handy with the Refrigerator and Thief, I found those to be the tougher units to deal with and Kinoka hits hard. Regular Sakura was really impressive with her Offensive damage and Gravity is always good on a heavy reinforcement map like this~ Looks like Sakunyan made this a bit easier than the Taku clear but both were really good!~

Once her HP ran out, she simply had to take a more offensive role, Glad I managed to show it off. Yep, Kinoka is a lifesaver for these types of units. Sometimes I get sad that I can't oull an extra copy of her and give her bow to Sunkumi. I was a bit uncertain about going with a Gravity build over the usual pain-shenanigans with her, but I can definitely say that it's been more than helpful thus far. As far as ease, I would still rank both about equally. It wasn't until I saw your playthrough that I found the right approach to this map for Sakunyan.  

@ruruo

Thanks! I usually just try out skills for each individual slot until I find the right ones for the right scenarios in each map, so combinations can become quite wonky. That's definitely not a standard built, but it was perfect for this very long map. I am also happy there were so many mages for her to take out. Julius almost got her with his pre-charge special, but since she was offense only afterwards it helped more than it hurt. xD Thank you again, I am glad I could show of OG!Sakura too, since she is one of the more underappreciated healer units.

(Yep, just going through all the Tales soundtracks at this point. The latter two are orchestral versions of the two Japanese Openings. The first for the Gamecube version, the second for all others). 

Edited by Nanima

6 hours ago, Nanima said:

Once her HP ran out, she simply had to take a more offensive role, Glad I managed to show it off. Yep, Kinoka is a lifesaver for these types of units. Sometimes I get sad that I can't oull an extra copy of her and give her bow to Sunkumi. I was a bit uncertain about going with a Gravity build over the usual pain-shenanigans with her, but I can definitely say that it's been more than helpful thus far. As far as ease, I would still rank both about equally. It wasn't until I saw your playthrough that I found the right approach to this map for Sakunyan.  

Pain would have been good chip damage if the Clerics were giving you trouble (in my failed attempts, the Cleric does just enough damage to KO Ares but with the chip damage, she heals enemies instead of moving towards you) but Gravity did just as well holding all enemies back. I'm glad my video helped you get some ideas! XD Took me many tries to figure out out the best plan of action (starting at the right instead of the left) and works out great for Sakunyan~

On 12.11.2018 at 12:10 PM, Nanima said:

More Princesses, yeah! 

It's always satisfying to see how Sakura blows up her enemies. Ever though of using OG Hinoka instead of Airzura? 

On 12.11.2018 at 12:10 PM, Nanima said:

@mampfoid Not yet, sadly. I still want to finish Sakura first. Also Intsys keeps choosing the worst bonus units for arena, so promoting Anna this week is another priority. I could get more feathers through RD grinding, but from what I've seen that also requires another 20k investment into promoting Cordelia first... Suffice to say, it'll be awhile before I get around to more P!Takumi.

Well, there are also the older GHB strategies. They are not as efficient as RD, but I got most of my feathers from that method. 

(Investment for Cordelia is a good investment btw. ;-) )

Good luck getting your feathers soon! 

On 13.11.2018 at 6:14 AM, Landmaster said:

Pain would have been good chip damage if the Clerics were giving you trouble (in my failed attempts, the Cleric does just enough damage to KO Ares but with the chip damage, she heals enemies instead of moving towards you) but Gravity did just as well holding all enemies back. I'm glad my video helped you get some ideas! XD Took me many tries to figure out out the best plan of action (starting at the right instead of the left) and works out great for Sakunyan~

Yeah I know Pain healers are very useful in their own ways, but I already have Maribelle and Lucius with that type of build, so having one more would feel redundant. Gravity is definitely a lot of fun to inflict on the enemy, even if it's less destructive. And yeah, it's great to exchange ideas once in a while.

On 13.11.2018 at 3:47 PM, mampfoid said:

It's always satisfying to see how Sakura blows up her enemies. Ever though of using OG Hinoka instead of Airzura?

It always is! I tried using OG!Hinoka on my first princess clear, but she didn't really work out, so I switched in Airzura to complete the theme. Now I've just fallen into the sense of comfort that is having a flying Dancer at my side. But yeah, it might be worth a try.

On 13.11.2018 at 3:47 PM, mampfoid said:

Well, there are also the older GHB strategies. They are not as efficient as RD, but I got most of my feathers from that method. 

(Investment for Cordelia is a good investment btw. ;-) )

Good luck getting your feathers soon! 

Ah yeah, I know about those. I am just incredibly lazy about setting any of them up. But we'll see.

(yes, I know certainly know she is, but between Hinoka and Tana I feel like I have all the lance flier I need)

Thanks!

On 11/11/2018 at 12:54 AM, Landmaster said:

He's certainly a lot of fun, I'll definitely be investing in him~ And you're right about that, I've always lacked a good mage killer so I'm looking forward to how Sakura will do on future heavy reinforcement maps~

For real, Julius may not be a great attacker (his speed hurts him), but he certainly can take a magic hit. Checked myself, not even THE Reinhardt can kill him in one blow

Couldn’t finish infernal the other time, and certainly wasn’t easy now either, but just in time, managed to finish it with a team of PAAzura, BVeronica, Adult Tiki, and Legendary Tiki

@Nanima Very impressive colorless clear! With no healer at that. I may have done this myself, but I had a far less direct approach and didn't have to deal with that horrific lance armor. How you were going to deal with that alone gave me pause. Every Takumi had to do some pretty incredible EP tanking which was nuts. Rather than maneuvering around the battlefield you just took the enemies head on. Best clear.

For the princess clear, I'll probably never get used to seeing such big numbers from OG Sakura. H!Sakura was beasting with that Desperation but OG Sakura definitely stood as the team's pillar. Fun stuff.

@Landmaster I admire your favoritism towards Ishtar. I pulled a second Ishtar a while back, she was immediate Odd ATK Wave fodder for Lyn, and if she hadn't been she would have that for someone else or at the very least Swift Sparrow fodder. She's far too valuable of fodder to merge. I like her art and she's pretty neat but nah, too rare and premium.

Oh yeah! The clear! For all the trouble it sounded like it was, it wound up being very clean, surprisingly. Kitty Sakura was great here but I wouldn't give any one of them MVP status. Ares looks fun but was very limited due to all the ranged threats. For a good 3rd of the map Sakura was basically his warping baby sitter keeping him out of danger. That's probably one of those units you'd want to put DC+Vantage on if I do say so myself. Good stuff all the same, didn't expect Julius to disappear from the map as quick as he did.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @ruruo @daisy jane @kirauza343

Old Clears:

Spoiler

Yeah, I know I said I'd be scaling back the clears but this was a special case. A good bit of insomnia took over me last night so I reached for my nephew's phone. In less than an hour I'd pretty much done and wrapped up everything you'll see here. The following day I'd say it took... maybe a little over an hour altogether recording the clears and editing back and forth between real life. I knew exactly what I wanted to do so there was pretty much no real time sank this time around. Unlike LHBs which usually take it out of me on both sides. Writing this post is actually the most time consuming thing I've done funny enough. Anyways, let's go ahead and get started.

Morgan's team was still new and unfinished when Julius first arrived so I didn't even try to beat his map. But this time they were ready, more than ready. It took maybe 3-5 tries but they took Julius down real quick. The key was positioning as always but despite highlighting it, Amelia didn't even need WoM this time which was almost weird for me. I'm also learning that out of everyone that's used it so far, Morgan is really appreciating that Brazen ATK/RES seal. It'll go on who it needs to at the time like always, but I think he's going to be the general owner of the seal. Anyways, it was quick. Bam.

I'd already done a special clear but I had another idea in my head that I've had for months and was waiting for the right map, this turned out to be it. An all girls clear's what you're about to see. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. The plan was going to be to have Mia be the focus and lead of the map, but due to the nature of the map she ended up being completely outshined by another unit who we're about to get to. Mia's role itself shrunk, but she was still very important as no one else could deal with (or survive) that annoying thief.

I planned to use a blue mage for this clear, after floating around looking at all the prospects, I went with my mostly unbuilt Linde who I spent dew on but haven't used since (guess I was a bit too excited about her refine). This was the perfect opportunity to finally break her out. Plus she's about light and all that, perfect for a clear like this for more reasons than one. For the icing on the cake, Tinyzura ended up being the green addition and was pivotal to the map's completion. She was a last minute addition but a game changer indeed. Also there's Serra. She's still waiting on certain skill fodder before she can truly make a name for herself. Until then she's support as always.

I shuffled through a few units, this clear probably took the longest but after about 30 minutes worth of trial and error I cracked it and went to sleep. Here are the results.

For the last one, we've got a themed clear. This one wasn't planned, but when I realized I had just about every unit I needed for it, especially Ishtar, it had to be done. FE4 clear on deck and it's quite a good one. What I appreciated most about this clear was I didn't have to use any SI for it which I've gotten uncomfortably used to. It took some doing, not quite as long as the all girl clear but it wasn't easy. A little of that was self imposed though, I could have cracked it a bit sooner but I wanted above all for Ishtar to be the one to deal with Julius.

Tagging @Vaximillian cause this is an Ishtar clear. <_<

I wanted to keep the theme from the Ishtar BHB but the music I ended up using felt so perfect for the clear that I had to swap it out. You'll still get to hear the old theme at the beginning for a bit though, I like being consistent. Anyways, It almost kind of ended up being a what-if kind of clear if Ishtar had listened to her conscience instead of remaining loyal. In that vein it ended up being kind of sad. But out of all of them, this clear is probably my favorite of the bunch this time around. Hope you enjoy.

We're on the road to 2019 but I'm going to keep going strong. Just because the quantity is going to dip a bit doesn't mean the quality is going anywhere, so stay tuned as always.

Cheers~

I actually beat the quests for this on the first day they became available, but I just beat it again on my friend's account (which has less resources overall then mine does). It was pretty cool. 4-star Julius exploded himself with a lot of help.

16 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Landmaster I admire your favoritism towards Ishtar. I pulled a second Ishtar a while back, she was immediate Odd ATK Wave fodder for Lyn, and if she hadn't been she would have that for someone else or at the very least Swift Sparrow fodder. She's far too valuable of fodder to merge. I like her art and she's pretty neat but nah, too rare and premium.

Oh yeah! The clear! For all the trouble it sounded like it was, it wound up being very clean, surprisingly. Kitty Sakura was great here but I wouldn't give any one of them MVP status. Ares looks fun but was very limited due to all the ranged threats. For a good 3rd of the map Sakura was basically his warping baby sitter keeping him out of danger. That's probably one of those units you'd want to put DC+Vantage on if I do say so myself. Good stuff all the same, didn't expect Julius to disappear from the map as quick as he did.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @ruruo @daisy jane @kirauza343

Old Clears:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I know I said I'd be scaling back the clears but this was a special case. A good bit of insomnia took over me last night so I reached for my nephew's phone. In less than an hour I'd pretty much done and wrapped up everything you'll see here. The following day I'd say it took... maybe a little over an hour altogether recording the clears and editing back and forth between real life. I knew exactly what I wanted to do so there was pretty much no real time sank this time around. Unlike LHBs which usually take it out of me on both sides. Writing this post is actually the most time consuming thing I've done funny enough. Anyways, let's go ahead and get started.

Morgan's team was still new and unfinished when Julius first arrived so I didn't even try to beat his map. But this time they were ready, more than ready. It took maybe 3-5 tries but they took Julius down real quick. The key was positioning as always but despite highlighting it, Amelia didn't even need WoM this time which was almost weird for me. I'm also learning that out of everyone that's used it so far, Morgan is really appreciating that Brazen ATK/RES seal. It'll go on who it needs to at the time like always, but I think he's going to be the general owner of the seal. Anyways, it was quick. Bam.

I'd already done a special clear but I had another idea in my head that I've had for months and was waiting for the right map, this turned out to be it. An all girls clear's what you're about to see. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. The plan was going to be to have Mia be the focus and lead of the map, but due to the nature of the map she ended up being completely outshined by another unit who we're about to get to. Mia's role itself shrunk, but she was still very important as no one else could deal with (or survive) that annoying thief.

I planned to use a blue mage for this clear, after floating around looking at all the prospects, I went with my mostly unbuilt Linde who I spent dew on but haven't used since (guess I was a bit too excited about her refine). This was the perfect opportunity to finally break her out. Plus she's about light and all that, perfect for a clear like this for more reasons than one. For the icing on the cake, Tinyzura ended up being the green addition and was pivotal to the map's completion. She was a last minute addition but a game changer indeed. Also there's Serra. She's still waiting on certain skill fodder before she can truly make a name for herself. Until then she's support as always.

I shuffled through a few units, this clear probably took the longest but after about 30 minutes worth of trial and error I cracked it and went to sleep. Here are the results.

For the last one, we've got a themed clear. This one wasn't planned, but when I realized I had just about every unit I needed for it, especially Ishtar, it had to be done. FE4 clear on deck and it's quite a good one. What I appreciated most about this clear was I didn't have to use any SI for it which I've gotten uncomfortably used to. It took some doing, not quite as long as the all girl clear but it wasn't easy. A little of that was self imposed though, I could have cracked it a bit sooner but I wanted above all for Ishtar to be the one to deal with Julius.

Tagging @Vaximillian cause this is an Ishtar clear. <_<

I wanted to keep the theme from the Ishtar BHB but the music I ended up using felt so perfect for the clear that I had to swap it out. You'll still get to hear the old theme at the beginning for a bit though, I like being consistent. Anyways, It almost kind of ended up being a what-if kind of clear if Ishtar had listened to her conscience instead of remaining loyal. In that vein it ended up being kind of sad. But out of all of them, this clear is probably my favorite of the bunch this time around. Hope you enjoy.

We're on the road to 2019 but I'm going to keep going strong. Just because the quantity is going to dip a bit doesn't mean the quality is going anywhere, so stay tuned as always.

Cheers~

I actually have only foddered off one Ishtar for SS to my Morgan. I debated giving it to Lute but I honestly don’t use Lute all that much and Ishtar’s one of my better mages so I went for the merge on my 2nd extra. You are right, though, I only held off on merging her for so long because she’s such useful fodder. Wish I was lucky with pulling other Swift Sparrow users.

Ares usually has Vantage (the Escape Route was due to some failed attempts at getting the clear) and he’s definitely a candidate for DC once some falls into my lap. Would have saved a lot of trouble with the Thieves.

As for your clears, another good M!Morgan clear. Seeing your set, makes me think about running Desperation on mine. Ninian ate up Julius’ attack like it was nothing. Amelia took out so many Red units here, looked like a lot of fun~

Linde was clearly the star of her clear, think this actually may be my favorite one, she did so much work, nice use of her. And cool to see Serra, don't see her very often~

Double Reinhardt looked like a good time and Ishtar taking out Julius was great, I'm envious as my Ishtar gets one-shot by him~ Another nice set of clears!

@Zeo @mampfoid @Alexmender @Vaximillian @NegativeExponents- @Landmaster @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse

Okay super late post time- have a Jugdral theme clear!

Team is +Def/-HP Ishtar, +Atk/-HP, +Res/-Atk Deirdre, +Spd/-HP Lewyn.

Music is the main theme from Fate Apocrypha soundtrack

It was time to get Deirdre to ORKO her son again. This time, now with some Judgral units that I obtained since the GHB first came out. +Res Deirdre Glacies bombs sure are something, and it's magical to see the irony of her defeating her son with a tome that has weapon triangle disadvantage- as long as he counters with QR anyway.

As for the later half? This has been a case of nice accidental AI manipulation. Poor melee swordies really want to hit Deirder's paper defense and had tunnel vision. The trick was knowing when not to attack, as the other mages snipe the enemies one by one, so I don't get overwhelmed by multiple Deadlord reinforcements.

I've also done a clear after this with Arvis replacing Ishtar for a more coherent 1st Gen theme, but since Arvis doesn't have as much firepower as Ishtar, I had to make more turns and the video was a bit over 8 minutes long. The steps were mostly the same though with Deirdre attracting enemies into a chokepoint so not entirely sure that's worth another long video.

----

Also I reaaaallly wanted to do a clear with my Grimleal team of Aversa, both Grimas and Morgan- and I even managed to do it! But alas, my computer suddenly ran out of space so the recording didn't save which was really frustrating, since it was a really epic clear with everyone at low HP by the end. It would have been a really perfect theme as well, since Aversa summons Dreadlords in Awakening, and she would fight Julius and his original Dreadlords.

It was Distant Def Male Grima, Brazen Atk/Res Vantage Female Grima, Guidance Aversa and Drive Atk Morgan M. The steps were pretty specific so I ran out of time because I spent about an hour trying to recreate the clear, but it mainly consisted of F Grima creating a choke point on the right, and Morgan's debuffs going well with F Grima's Res Smoke. Spur Def/Res was also useful so Aversa can tank the red mage with her Res wave up. Distant Def was needed for male Grima to survive a double Moonbow from the thief.

I hope this gets rerun soon (maybe GHB Elite Quests 3 with Book 3?) just so I could record this.

----

Now for some late comments!

@Zeo I love the Ishtar video ending! All those Reinhardt spurs supporting Ishtar was poetic. Also nice to see a Linde clear, and making use of her refine! I didn't even remeber you having a Linde, it's nice to see she's still a powerhouse with her stat spread. Serra makes a good partner for her with her fragile defenses.

As for the Morgan clear, yes Brazen Atk/Res is addictive! As always, Grima's Truth is a really good tome against enemies that group together, and I've been getting more used to Morgan support plays myself. Unlike you, my (unrecorded) clear had my team split up to not get too overwhelmed by the reinforcements, but your Morgan team just held on and didn't move too much, so that's neat!

@Nanima Sakunyan is amazing! That bout with Julius with 1 HP left made me nervous, but boy did she make up for that. Also the Hoshidan headpiece looks great on Sakura. That right side of the castle makes for a really good chokepoint, and Gravity staff is useful as always.

Also nice to see you make the Takumi clear without too much new skill inheritance. Always satisfying to see Skadi activate on a reinforcement-heavy map. Arnours seem really annoying for your Takumis but at least NYTakumi's debuffs help soften those up. Again, low HP units near the end made me nervous but I guess that's a good thing with Wings of Mercy!

@Landmaster Wow, I really need to pull more Areses (?). Don't have an ideal nature yet but he seems fun to use. Also again, Sakunyan doing work! I'm glad she's doing work, she's great for PvE against pesky mages- I kind of didn't realised how mage heavy the map is until you pointed it out.

Well I think that's all for now. Will comment on the new BHB videos another time when I'm not busy and after I clear a themed run first.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Alexmender @Vaximillian @NegativeExponents- @Landmaster @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse

Team is +Def/-HP Ishtar, +Atk/-HP, +Res/-Atk Deirdre, +Spd/-HP Lewyn.

Music is the main theme from Fate Apocrypha soundtrack

It was time to get Deirdre to ORKO her son again. This time, now with some Judgral units that I obtained since the GHB first came out. +Res Deirdre Glacies bombs sure are something, and it's magical to see the irony of her defeating her son with a tome that has weapon triangle disadvantage- as long as he counters with QR anyway.

As for the later half? This has been a case of nice accidental AI manipulation. Poor melee swordies really want to hit Deirder's paper defense and had tunnel vision. The trick was knowing when not to attack, as the other mages snipe the enemies one by one, so I don't get overwhelmed by multiple Deadlord reinforcements.

I've also done a clear after this with Arvis replacing Ishtar for a more coherent 1st Gen theme, but since Arvis doesn't have as much firepower as Ishtar, I had to make more turns and the video was a bit over 8 minutes long. The steps were mostly the same though with Deirdre attracting enemies into a chokepoint so not entirely sure that's worth another long video.

----

Also I reaaaallly wanted to do a clear with my Grimleal team of Aversa, both Grimas and Morgan- and I even managed to do it! But alas, my computer suddenly ran out of space so the recording didn't save which was really frustrating, since it was a really epic clear with everyone at low HP by the end. It would have been a really perfect theme as well, since Aversa summons Dreadlords in Awakening, and she would fight Julius and his original Dreadlords.

It was Distant Def Male Grima, Brazen Atk/Res Vantage Female Grima, Guidance Aversa and Drive Atk Morgan M. The steps were pretty specific so I ran out of time because I spent about an hour trying to recreate the clear, but it mainly consisted of F Grima creating a choke point on the right, and Morgan's debuffs going well with F Grima's Res Smoke. Spur Def/Res was also useful so Aversa can tank the red mage with her Res wave up. Distant Def was needed for male Grima to survive a double Moonbow from the thief.

I hope this gets rerun soon (maybe GHB Elite Quests 3 with Book 3?) just so I could record this.

----

@Landmaster Wow, I really need to pull more Areses (?). Don't have an ideal nature yet but he seems fun to use. Also again, Sakunyan doing work! I'm glad she's doing work, she's great for PvE against pesky mages- I kind of didn't realised how mage heavy the map is until you pointed it out.

Epic chokepoint clear!~ Deirdre keeps all those enemies looking her way while Ishtar and Lewyn are tag-team sniping everyone on the side-lines. Good strategy especially knowing which ones to kill and which to prevent harder reinforcements from spawning in (I tried but could never manage to not kill the reinforcement spawning units on the same turn because my units were too fragile to try to keep them around). I almost feel bad for the Swords, poor guys didn't even see it coming (I find it extremely hilarious they don't even try coming for Ishtar or Lewyn)~ And of course, the big kill on Julius with a Green tome was awesome. Sucks we didn't get to see your second clear, sounds like it ended up being just as good as the first~ Here's hoping to a re-run for Julius so we can see it XP

And yep, Ares is becoming one of my favorites to use with his inbuilt Special Spiral, which you also showed on Lewyn on yours. Reminding me how I need to get him at some point, hope he'll find his way on a Banner soon~

On 16.11.2018 at 6:43 AM, Zeo said:

Very impressive colorless clear! With no healer at that. I may have done this myself, but I had a far less direct approach and didn't have to deal with that horrific lance armor. How you were going to deal with that alone gave me pause. Every Takumi had to do some pretty incredible EP tanking which was nuts. Rather than maneuvering around the battlefield you just took the enemies head on. Best clear.

For the princess clear, I'll probably never get used to seeing such big numbers from OG Sakura. H!Sakura was beasting with that Desperation but OG Sakura definitely stood as the team's pillar. Fun stuff.

Thank you! I was pretty impressed myself with my Takusquad. They can be surprisingly sturdy, so long as they just get hit once (other thank Skadikumi). There was some more maneuvering towards the end, but overall I am happy I was able to keep the enemies at bay.

OG!Sakura is just so useful for these maps. A true treasure. I am glad to be able to rain destruction with my favourite little sis.

As for your own clears:

Ninian held up a lot better against Julius than H!Sakura. She almost no-selled it. Amelia simply ignored the existence of the weapon triangle. She is a real powerhouse even for a speedy armour. M!Morgan was able to dish out some nice punishment himself and the healers just didn't dare touch him, which was excellent.

The Femme Fatale clear was a very interesting set-up (as well as some fitting music). I love all the units you used. Mia just ran around the map slicing fools. Linde always managed to take out huge chunks of the enemies HP, which was entertaining to watch. Yes, make that Lance Armour suffer!

Caught the Nier music in the beginning, and I swear I know the second one too. Excellent taste! The Reinhardts really get to support Ishtar with all their might. Nice to see Ishtar getting the death blow on her would be boyfriend too, although I was expecting her to tank him first, but after that long and hard fight I guess that wasn't in the cards anymore. |D 

@mcsilas

Oh yes, that one HP was all she needed to kick down the rest of the map hard. Glad you like her new accessory as much as I do. And yeah, that castle makes my life a lot easier.

I like having the opportunity to recover in terms of skill fodder. haha;; Armours are the Takumis arch enemies, and only rank below archer cavalry because of their limited range. Low HP generally makes me happy, seeing as how many of my usual skills depend on it. Still it never hurts to have some more in reserve, but that wasn't needed this time.

As for your clear: Deirdre clearing out Julius was so awesome to watch. My jaw literally dropped seeing it. Julius can't hold a candle to dear old ma. The rest was a great magic-fueled curb stomp with some very fitting music. It's sad that we don't get to see your second clear right now, but that's something to look forward to once they put together the third GHB rerun week!

Yeah, I know I said I'd be scaling back the clears but this was a special case. A good bit of insomnia took over me last night so I reached for my nephew's phone

Funnily I've recorded my last one turn clear very very late in the night too, but it was only a small fraction compared to the work you put into your videos. 

Morgan's team was still new and unfinished when Julius first arrived so I didn't even try to beat his map. But this time they were ready, more than ready.

Morgan cleans the first wave, he even gets the blue mage done. Ninian takes care of Julius and Amelia deals with the final sword guy.

Morgan can debuff heaps of enemies, looks like the perfect map for him, but I think it wasn't easy too hold the position and not split up. 

A lot of rare Linde action, rare to me since I don't have her. Good to see your Serra once again, even if her role here is somewhat small this time. 

But out of all of them, this clear is probably my favorite of the bunch this time around. Hope you enjoy.

Nice theme and clear! Deirdre can tank and kill even at low HP. I like to see Ishtar, she always looks like taken from an 80s movie. 

Overall an interesting collection of clears, it's always surprising how much effort you put into the themes. Congrats!

12 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Seeing eight minutes length I thought this is going to be a very special tactic. While it was shorter in reality, the tactic was special, really smart.

Deidre's battle with the healer and Julius was epic, but how she blocked all the other reinforcements was cool. Ishtar and Lewyn surgically taking out unit after unit from the other side, while poor Sigurd is just a Reposition-bot. 

Congrats! 

12 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Also I reaaaallly wanted to do a clear with my Grimleal team of Aversa, both Grimas and Morgan- and I even managed to do it! But alas, my computer suddenly ran out of space so the recording didn't save which was really frustrating, since it was a really epic clear

Ouch, I would have loved to see this one. I hope you'll keep up the bad guys theme, I like it! 

On 11/16/2018 at 12:43 AM, Zeo said:

I admire your favoritism towards Ishtar. I pulled a second Ishtar a while back, she was immediate Odd ATK Wave fodder for Lyn, and if she hadn't been she would have that for someone else or at the very least Swift Sparrow fodder. She's far too valuable of fodder to merge. I like her art and she's pretty neat but nah, too rare and premium.

i had two and i merged them. LOL I didn't know about SI at the time. and she's basically my powerhouse (she was before merge), so now i kinda wish i had that, but . ah well. make it work for moi. 

On 11/18/2018 at 7:15 AM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I can't decide if this is crueler or killing Julius with Ishtar is crueler.

I mean, after what Julius did to Deirdre, I'd say it's deserving for Deirdre to at least get some justice? :P

@mampfoid Yeah I kinda like using the Grima team more and more since I can get to use evil music. But yeah Deirdre is one of the ultimate Restanks- I guess her paper defense was just too enticing for those swordies and healers are no problem for her,

@Nanima If only there was a tome Takumi alt to get rid of your armour troubles. And then maybe add in Ylgr's new A skill for one of your other Takumis lol. Also thanks, Deirdre Glacies bombs sure took me by surprise in my very first clear that I just had to recreate it again (the first one was with Arvis/Saias/Zelgius ploy team, link below. That one took me so long to figure out so it's refreshing to have a different clear where Deirdre just forces everyone in a chokepoint). I'm proud of her since she just bypassed her -Atk with those Glacies procs. Oh and effective damage kind of helps as well.

On 21.11.2018 at 1:44 PM, mcsilas said:

If only there was a tome Takumi alt to get rid of your armour troubles. And then maybe add in Ylgr's new A skill for one of your other Takumis lol. Also thanks, Deirdre Glacies bombs sure took me by surprise in my very first clear that I just had to recreate it again (the first one was with Arvis/Saias/Zelgius ploy team, link below. That one took me so long to figure out so it's refreshing to have a different clear where Deirdre just forces everyone in a chokepoint). I'm proud of her since she just bypassed her -Atk with those Glacies procs. Oh and effective damage kind of helps as well.

That would be very sweet! I actually recently had a dream about a Takumi alt being added that had him as a blue staff with effective damage against horses and armours. I probably just merged him with Micaiah a little there. haha 

It's definitely worth recreating special and very awesome moments in these clears. They are some of the most entertaining parts. Deidre did extremely well there and it must have been satisfying to see her pull it off.