Grand Hero Battle - Julius: Scion of Darkness (May 14 ~)

Coolmanio

@Zeo Woah! Sorry for the super late reply (working in retail + Black Friday + leading up to Christmas = disgusting). I've been meaning to get back to you and a few other people!

I've never seen your daggers clear on at all, and I love seeing all those colourless units in action! Kaze did really good with sucha basic kit x'D 
Your Morgan clear really makes me want to check him out. I've always been really interesting in his tome. He put in so much work! You got Ninian to tank and defeat Julius! Haha!

<3 <3 Linde!! I'm so glad you built her up and used her for this map! She put in so much work! 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

@Zeo @NegativeExponents- @SatsumaFSoysoy @Rafiel's Aria @Azuris @mampfoid @Alexmender @Landmaster

So after so many months I could finally redo this map (and actually record it without the player crashing!). I was waiting on this map the most hoping for a rerun, and I couldn't quite exactly clear it like I did originally, but this is close enough. It's Grima Emblem vs Julius (or alternatively, Julius's Dreadlords vs Grimleal- funnily enough Aversa summons Dreadlords in her first map in Awakening, too)

Team is neutral Aversa, +Spd/-HP Male Grima, +Atk/-Res Female Grima and +HP/-Def Male Morgan

Music is Encirclement from Bleach soundtrack

- Morgan and female Grima had the important task of keeping things busy in the right side while Aversa ferried male Grima around with her Guidance. F!Grima's Brazen Vantage was key in this clear, and she neede the Def boost from Brazen to one shot the archer (this whole map was using the right specials at the right time).

-Morgan originally didn't have Escape Route in the original clear, but I just couldn't remember how I did it exactly the first time. Still, a mobile buff/debuff/spur bot is really useful.

-M!Grima needed Distant Def to survive the thief and also laugh at the blue mage near the end. Everyone was pretty low health by the end though so it surprised me to see the 0 damage from that blue mage.

@mcsilas You had me on the edge of my seat with this one! I see Grima and Aversa and I expect curb-stomping and I get something all together different. The music really set the tone for this clear. Julius' army felt incredibly menacing. It gave me a feeling that I've ever had as far as this map is involved: dread (ha! Irony). I expected these usually dominant units to do what they usually do and instead this clear is a struggle for survival.

Julius and the cleric whittle down F!Grima and Morgan while that double Moonbow thief just cripples M!Grima right out the gate. They ferry eachother around desperately and slowly pick off the enemies one by one while covering eachother and staying just out of the range of death. Then the Pain healer comes and brings everyone down to single digits and I got nervous haha. They made it out of there with Morgan's support, but this one really was a nail bite. I didn't see that coming at all.

I need to learn to stop having pre-concieved notions about clears based on the units being used for them.

I considered revisiting this map, it's a really nice one, just didn't see the point. I've already done 4 clears for it and while Serra's team is challenged ever so slightly by this map, it's dealt with rather fast and Serra herself is already present in one of the two special clears so... pass.

Maybe when this map is eventually part of the inevitable weekly rotation that's bound to come sometime next year (or at the end of this one).

@Zeo Thanks! Not gonna lie, this was one of the hardest clears I've done, as I mention I've cleared it once in his rerun in the final minutes but the video corrupted and I was really disappointed, so it was a good thing this rerun happened (even if it's not permanent like the earlier GHBs). But yeah Grima Emblem is actually tricky with male Grima's mobility and spd issues.

On 8/15/2019 at 10:14 AM, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @NegativeExponents- @SatsumaFSoysoy @Rafiel's Aria @Azuris @mampfoid @Alexmender @Landmaster

So after so many months I could finally redo this map (and actually record it without the player crashing!). I was waiting on this map the most hoping for a rerun, and I couldn't quite exactly clear it like I did originally, but this is close enough. It's Grima Emblem vs Julius (or alternatively, Julius's Dreadlords vs Grimleal- funnily enough Aversa summons Dreadlords in her first map in Awakening, too)

Team is neutral Aversa, +Spd/-HP Male Grima, +Atk/-Res Female Grima and +HP/-Def Male Morgan

Music is Encirclement from Bleach soundtrack

- Morgan and female Grima had the important task of keeping things busy in the right side while Aversa ferried male Grima around with her Guidance. F!Grima's Brazen Vantage was key in this clear, and she neede the Def boost from Brazen to one shot the archer (this whole map was using the right specials at the right time).

-Morgan originally didn't have Escape Route in the original clear, but I just couldn't remember how I did it exactly the first time. Still, a mobile buff/debuff/spur bot is really useful.

-M!Grima needed Distant Def to survive the thief and also laugh at the blue mage near the end. Everyone was pretty low health by the end though so it surprised me to see the 0 damage from that blue mage.

Nice music! It was cute having Morgan supporting his mom. Damn, that Moonbow Barb Shuriken Thief was annoying but M!Grima was able to survive. Vantage F!Grima is always fun. Got really low on health there at the end but M!Grima proved to be tankier than he appears. The team up at the end for the last few enemies worked well. Awesome and hard fought win~

On 8/15/2019 at 4:14 PM, mcsilas said:

We have similar Grimas, I think one of my males is +SPD and my female is +ATK (but -DEF instead of -RES). 

Good decision tom deal with the annoying healer early, also Julius couldn't resist Grima for long. 

Haha, I really thought you'd manage to finish the map with everyone at 1 HP. 3/4 is close enough though, congrats! 

• 8 months later...