Vestaria Saga 1 Localized version and Vestaria Gaidens tentative release date announced

MCProductions

33 minutes ago, bufkus said:

TRS's stealing system also gave way to the game's lone recruitable bandit who steals a random item (or all, can't remember) from enemies he kills. Problem of course is that he sucks so he rarely finishes anyone off. But you can get the skill book for it and give it to a much better character.

The skill is he takes everything from a unit he kills, excluding stuff like monster equipment.

That character is mostly a joke, however he makes a great team with the sniper who can't kill human units. She can get an enemy down to one and he can finish them.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, bufkus said:

Dude I wish! If that was the case, FE Switch would actually be awesome. But it'll probably be more simplistic waifu bullshit.

Probably

I know this is premature, but when VS get released, could we hold a little community vote or something for a few VS characters to make into member badges? Not yet, though I could see Atol and Zeid being made into them being heroine and hero, let's wait to see who fans like first and make it a semipopularity poll. Just a couple, like three or four.

On the cover picture of the game you can see an obvious lord character and a noble looking girl with a staff which makes me wonder, is this a game with 2 protagonists (as in either dies it's game over) and if yes I really wonder how Kaga handles an important female character.

Opinions on female protagonists in the FE series has been mixed after all.

46 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

On the cover picture of the game you can see an obvious lord character and a noble looking girl with a staff which makes me wonder, is this a game with 2 protagonists (as in either dies it's game over) and if yes I really wonder how Kaga handles an important female character.

Opinions on female protagonists in the FE series has been mixed after all.

Vestaria technically has 4 protags. Zeid, Sihulatin, and their love interests. Like Tearring Saga the game follows both character's separate armies

30 minutes ago, MCProductions said:

Vestaria technically has 4 protags. Zeid, Sihulatin, and their love interests. Like Tearring Saga the game follows both character's separate armies

Multiple protagonists with LI? Now that's something new. (as far as I know, I haven't played TRS/BS)

Edited by Hekselka

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2018 at 2:03 PM, Hekselka said:

Multiple protagonists with LI? Now that's something new. (as far as I know, I haven't played TRS/BS)

i mean some FE games have had multiple protagonists before... hell, fire emblem gaiden for instance.

Edited by bufkus

On 5/13/2018 at 3:33 AM, MCProductions said:

Hoelun has strong plot presence in the midgame but overall throughout the game it's nowhere near that of Zeid/Atolphys/Siruthin

• 2 months later...

It's August, this thread is a bit old, and VS is nowhere to be found. Any updates anywhere?

But I'm still gonna wait.

Because Kaga.

And we all know Kaga doesn't like his games being rushed and I am sure that goes for translations as well. I too would like the best quality possible of this.

Support your local Kaga.

I hope when this game is out in English that he'll stop being so humble and comparing his work to cotton candy and maybe take some credit for his intellect. ;):

Yeah, I just peeked at his Twitter a little while ago again to check the dates. I know he's doubling on that and his Gaiden series. Translating is indeed a lot of work and I see he wants the best quality he can get. It actually makes me really happy to know whatever we get is as legit as it's gonna get since Kaga's gonna have to approve it himself. I wouldn't be surprised if it took a little longer because of that (and he doesn't seem willing to release it if it's not the way he wants it to be?), but I'm 100 percent in agreement that it should come out with the very best translation that best keeps his content.

26 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Last tweet is on May 7.  I suspect it'll be an end-of-summer release, at best.  Translating is a lot of work!

According to this Dutch translator, whose article I found on Legends of Localization, a professional translator can only translate 2000 words per day. And you need extra days for proofreaders to check everything over and then send it back to the drawing board for editing. Using more translators has the issue of creating potential inconsistencies in the writing, so you want to keep the total number of translators and proofreaders low.

I don't know how much Kaga can pay a translator, nor do I know how many words are in Vestaria (yet an entire chapter of just text no battle would suggest some wordiness), but I'd imagine he wasn't able to get them to devote their full translation capacities all the time to Vestaria. This is ultimately a fangame that was free in Japan after all, not a grand undertaking by Nintendo that'll sell for $60.

I'm sure they took all of that, generally speaking, into account when they gave a rough estimate of the release date. That's why companies are able to give an estimate at all (i.e. I highly doubt they pulled that time frame out of their asses. If he said it'd be a summer release, they (he and the people working with him) had a reason to believe that).

It wasn't a fan or anyone who guessed that release date and he posted he expected it around then, so I'm sure they made their best guess considering all the details that have to go into this project. If it gets delayed for any reason, then it gets delayed, but I don't think he just posted that date for the sake of an update without being at least somewhat sure.