Vestaria Saga 1 Localized version and Vestaria Gaidens tentative release date announced

MCProductions

From Kaga's twitter itself, the English version of  Vestaria Saga 1 should be completed/released if nothing goes wrong this summer. Get hype people

Edit: In addition, the Vestaria Gaiden games are near completion and will be entering the testing phase soon. The Lucca Gaiden, thanks to it being shorter, may also release this summer, while the Zeid Gaiden seems to be releasing sometime around Holiday this year or early next year if nothing goes wrong. 

Does this mean the mainsite can actually have a Vestaria section now?

Edited by MCProductions

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MCProductions changed the title to Vestaria Saga 1 Localized version and Vestaria Gaidens tentative release date announced
41 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I'm extremely excited, I really wanna use the female Fighter and the Good Armor Knight.

Whoawhoawhoa

WHAt's this I hear about a female Fighter?  I never saw one on the Vestaria Saga website.

10 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Whoawhoawhoa

WHAt's this I hear about a female Fighter?  I never saw one on the Vestaria Saga website.

I'll get a picture, but there's a female fighter who is a playable character. They promote to Axemaster in this game, separate class from Berserker.

There's also a Male Pegasus Gryphon Knight, though, he's a boss rather then a playable character.

EDIT: Image added

vestaria-site-status.jpg

Edited by Emperor Hardin

5 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I'll get a picture, but there's a female fighter who is a playable character. They promote to Axemaster in this game, separate class from Berserker.

There's also a Male Pegasus Gryphon Knight, though, he's a boss rather then a playable character.

vestaria-site-status.jpg

Hilda?  Aaaaagh, she's beautiful.  I'll definitely have to use her if I decide to play this.

Judging from what I saw on the website, I assumed Axemasters were the only playable promoted axe infantry (I also see a Brigand Boss class among the enemy-only classes.)

Do both Axemasters and Berserkers appear in this game?

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

4 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Judging from what I saw on the website, I assumed Axemasters were the only playable promoted axe infantry (I also see a Brigand Boss class among the enemy-only classes.)

Do both Axemasters and Berserkers appear in this game?

There is at least one other Playable Promoted Axe Infantry. The playable Fighters, including the girl above, promote to Axefighters though.

Both Axemasters and Berserkers appear in the game, Axemasters are like Swordmasters, while Berserkers focus on criticaling and sheer offense.

Berserker is technically unplayable, but a playable character has a personal class called Gladiator that is essentially a personal version of Berserker that can also use heavy blades(but not regular swords). In early screenshots, he was in-fact of the Berserker rather then Gladiator class.

It should be noted many characters in Vestaria Saga have their own unique variant of classes and every playable character has unique battle animations/graphics.

Brigand Boss actually showed up in TS and BS prior, as a sword wielding class oddly!

Edited by Emperor Hardin

2 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

There is at least one other Playable Promoted Axe Infantry. The playable Fighters, including the girl above, promote to Axefighters though.

Both Axemasters and Berserkers appear in the game, Axemasters are like Swordmasters, while Berserkers focus on criticaling and sheer offense.

Berserker is technically unplayable, but a playable character has a personal class called Gladiator that is essentially a personal version of Berserker that can also use heavy blades(but not regular swords). In early screenshots, he was in-fact of the Berserker rather then Gladiator class.

It should be noted many characters in Vestaria Saga have their own unique variant of classes and every playable character has unique battle animations/graphics.

Brigand Boss actually showed up in TS and BS prior, as a sword wielding class oddly!

The gladiator class you describe sounds like a Hero.  Does it also get a Critical bonus like Berserkers do?

Also, I thought that class in TearRing Saga and Berwick Saga was just called Boss?

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

The gladiator class you describe sounds like a Hero.  Does it also get a Critical bonus like Berserkers do?

Also, I thought that class in TearRing Saga and Berwick Saga was just called Boss?

Gladiator has Berserker like stats including very low skill, it also looks like the Berserker class and does indeed get a critical bonus. Additionally it can only use the Blade subtype of swords.

Boss is the current translation on the wiki, though the current patch for TRS uses Chief. I hear the word for them is basically a term used for a leader, usually of a criminal organization. I guess Kingpin could also work. 

Boss's in all their appearances have stats similar to Brigands/Pirates. They typically have thievery skills, especially in Berwick saga. Checking it looks like the Vestaria Saga Brigand Boss can use Axes and heavy Blades.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

1 minute ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Gladiator has Berserker like stats including very low skill, it also looks like the Berserker class and does indeed get a critical bonus. Additionally it can only use the Blade subtype of swords.

Holy cow.  Both a Critical bonus AND no mono-weapon type lock?  That's crazy.

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

That's Vestaria for you. Game has a very interesting approach to balancing of "Everything is so broken, it's balanced"

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

Yup,  Gladiator don't appear as fast and skillful as Axemaster though.

Checking it, Zaid's skill growth, at 15%, it is the lowest of the playable cast, though his strength growth is only equaled by a few units.

Praise Kaga. He's aware of his overseas cult.

BTW, are all of the portraits/characters from this game known yet?

4 minutes ago, MCProductions said:

That's Vestaria for you. Game has a very interesting approach to balancing of "Everything is so broken, it's balanced"

That's both funny and scary at the same time.

...Do you know if we get any playable Dark Magic users?

@Emperor Hardin

The Brigand Boss class in question is called シーフヘッド (literally "Thief Head") in-game, which can be roughly approximated to "Brigand Boss", since Brigands in this game are called Mountain Thieves.

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

The Brigand Boss class in question is called シーフヘッド (literally "Thief Head") in-game, which can be roughly approximated to "Brigand Boss", since Brigands in this game are called Mountain Thieves.

Funnily enough, Kaga referred to Marchen, a Boss/Chief from Tearring Saga by that same term on his personal blog.

9 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

All of the playable characters are online anyhow.

Is it this? http://site.wepage.com/vestariasaga/20160805224751

That's from the website, but not sure if everyone was there. Looks like 36 characters, which sounds about right. 

EDIT: Seems like not all characters are on there, since some of the early game characters aren't present there. Is that just a royal list?

Edited by Dandy Druid

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

Is it this? http://site.wepage.com/vestariasaga/20160805224751

That's from the website, but not sure if everyone was there. Looks like 36 characters, which sounds about right. 

I don't think thats it.

I was talking about the Japanese wiki here.

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

That's both funny and scary at the same time.

...Do you know if we get any playable Dark Magic users?

Havent checked, but you can buy and obtain Dark Magic, plus TRS and BS both included a Dark Magic, so I'm guessing yes.

4 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I don't think thats it.

I was talking about the Japanese wiki here.

Oh thank you! Is there a refresher among any of the characters? Or is Plum/Lyria Kaga's last refreshers?

9 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I haven't checked actually!

There doesn't seem to be one from what I can tell. Darn. Maybe it's a skill a character learns.

3 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Okay.  It looks like you do get a playable Dark Magic user by the name of アコルト (Accord?).

I was expecting her to be a thief based on her clothing and her resemblance to Patty. (it's sort of a reach but she reminds me of Patty for some reason). Also, Accord seems to be fairly popular. 3rd most popular female character?

I've played the Japanese version off and on since it's release, but never really got invested in because I couldn't read a darn thing. Used a chart to decipher the names, but I forgot them all by now :P

English release and two new chapters sounds great!

6 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I was expecting her to be a thief based on her clothing and her resemblance to Patty. (it's sort of a reach but she reminds me of Patty for some reason). Also, Accord seems to be fairly popular. 3rd most popular female character?

Her class is called Sphere Mage and can wield both Anima and Dark Magic.

2 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Her class is called Sphere Mage and can wield both Anima and Dark Magic.

Interesting. Do you know how many new classes/names are in this game?