What Nintendo Warriors do you want next (Not counting sequels)

Jedi

So with Hyrule Warriors & Fire Emblem Warriors both becoming very hot sellers for Koei/Tecmo it's only natural to assume that more Nintendo Warriors are coming down the line (Plus we just got the report that Warriors Orochi 4 is releasing for not only the PS4 but the Switch as well).

They see Nintendo as a very good partner for the current generation, so which franchise of Nintendo do you think would be cool to see given the Warriors treatment? I don't care how likely your idea is in terms of you pitching it, just pitch it and we can discuss! 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Animal Crossing Warriors

Time to finally deal with Tom Nook once and for all.

Animal Crossing: Fistful of Bells

Just a general Nintendo Warriors, honestly. Mario and Pokemon are the only other franchises that seem reasonably doable, but I'd really like to see characters like Samus and Inklings in a Warriors game and their own franchises don't have the casts for it.

I got some ideas of few Nintendo crossovers that could be in the Warriors games. What about something like:

1. Mario Warriors (or Mushroom Kingdom Warriors)
  2. Pokemon Warriors
  3. Kirby Warriors (or Dream Land Warriors)
  4. EarthBound Warriors

It's already obvious what i want: Xenoblade Warriors. I mean, ideally, i'd like to see Xeno Warriors where, instead of just having Xenoblade characters, we have characters from both Xenogears and Xenosaga. But that's gonna require getting the licensing from Square Enix and Namco and while the latter would probably easily cooperate (see: KOS-MOS and T-elos in XC2), Square Enix is very stubborn, even if they did suddenly start giving a shit about Xenogears after ignoring it for 20 years.

ANYWAY, a Xenoblade Warriors would be easy in terms of deciding the roster since there's only three games so while there might not be a whole lot of room for DLC, it'd be pretty easy for Koei Tecmo to reasonably represent the three games. Mechas are a big part of the series so i can see them adding in mecha battles as part of this game's gimmick, with some battles being air battles where only characters that can pilot the mechas can be deployed. This would be better in a Xeno Warriors instead of a Xenoblade Warriors because if we use just Xenoblade, you'll be restricted to using Xenoblade X's characters as X is the only Xenoblade game where you directly control mechas (though they could let Fiora use Face Nemesis and Mythra use Siren.....but that still mostly restricts you to using XCX characters). Whereas a Xeno Warriors would allow you to use Xenogears, Xenosaga and Xenoblade X characters in the mecha-exclusive battles. Tearing shit apart with the Xenogears or the Ares 90 would be amazing.

What would be really interesting would be seeing how they incorporate the Xenoblade 2 characters, seeing as how they are essentially two-in-one characters (Driver+Blade). I don't see it as something that would be difficult to implement, but i'm curious as to how they do it. They could add in the Blade Affinity mechanic where as the Driver and Blade fight, the Affinity Link gets stronger, giving buffs to the users.

Just like Fire Emblem Warriors had Support Conversations between characters from across the games, a Xenoblade Warriors can do the same thing with Heart-to-Hearts. A big difference between Supports and Heart-to-Hearts is that the latter isn't restricted to just two characters at a time. So we can see a Heart-to-Heart between Fiora, Pyra, Melia and Nia, for example. Or, if we're going the Xeno Warriors route, a Heart-to-Heart between Fei, Shulk, and Rex. Bart and Zeke, KOS-MOS, Fiora and Poppi. This is why i would prefer a Xeno Warriors over a Xenoblade Warriors because you have a lot more options with the former.

Setting is already there. Xenoblade has some of the best world design ever and having battles take place across the Bionis' Leg or Cauldros or Mor Ardain would be really awesome. Throw in the rest of Xeno and the mecha-exclusive battles could take place in space.

2 hours ago, indigospace said:

I think something that could work quite well would be the Kid Icarus franchise. Uprising is somewhat similar in terms of combat, so it could work.

I'd imagine the playable roster would be really small, though. Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Viridi and Phosphora for a total of seven characters.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

10 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I'd imagine the playable roster would be really small, though. Pit, Dark Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Viridi and Phosphora for a total of seven characters.

Why not just introduce OCs? The world in Kid Icarus is really wacky and could gain many character ideas from the different Greek deities. There could also be some returns from the classic snes/gameboy games, such as Minotaur (I don't know why, but I imagine him having a feminine personality if he was ever remade.)

I personally would love to see how the different weapons would be handled in this environment. We got the Blades, which could either extend the actual blade and become a giant laser blade for the melee. There is also the bow which could split into two or even stay as one for some cool twirly action. Let's not forget the clubs and cannons. There is also the arms, orbiars, claws, staves, and and palms. I'm not sure rather or not they are ALL going to be utilized if this game ever did become a thing, but I'd be pretty excited to see at least one weapon out side of a bow being Pit's/Dark Pit's main. 

2 hours ago, Martin said:

Why not just introduce OCs?

I want to play as established characters, not some OC that has no prior relation to the series. For me, playing as some OC misses the whole point of mixing a Nintendo IP with Dynasty Warriors.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

7 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I want to play as established characters, not some OC that has no prior relation to the series. For me, playing as some OC misses the whole point of mixing a Nintendo IP with Dynasty Warriors.

This. A Warriors game using a Nintendo IP is bound to use OCs, as was the case with HW and FEW but in the case of a Kid Icarus Warriors, the cast is just too small so you'd end up having OCs equal the amount of the established characters and i wouldn't want that.

They could just use the Uprising cast but that's still too small. I'd love a Kid Icarus Warriors but we'd need a few more games to make that happen.

4 hours ago, Slumber said:

Animal Crossing Warriors

Time to finally deal with Tom Nook once and for all.

This, I would buy this game just to beat up Resetti cause he ruined Animal Crossing for me early on into my gaming career.

I honestly would want Xenoblade warriors, with 3 games of characters and guests like Kos-mos and T-elos there would certainly be a roster to choose from.

Another series I'd like to see but isn't Nintendo is Valkyria Chronicle Warriors, it's by Sega and with VC4 coming to the switch the series is decently popular. Plus I really just want to see Edy gliding across the battlefield with dual SMG's. I will admit it'd be very hard to transfer a 3rd person strategy rpg to a hack and slash but ever since my brain came up with the idea while sleeping it's something I want.

I'd be down for yet another game where Luigi can win by doing absolutely nothing and Daisy can constantly scream "HI, I'M DAISY!" while Waluigi softly cries in the corner knowing he'll never come into physical contact with a girl.  It'd be great if it had a funny, wacky opening just like the Mario sports games, and given that there isn't a sort of "class/weapon" standard to follow like with FE, there'd be less pressure to please the vast majority of Mario fans who'd buy the game.

Kirby might be another possibility, though I wonder how they'd implement Kirby's power-absorption and balance that ability around the fact that there'd probably be other playable characters.  DK Warriors could also be a thing, considering that series has quite a few beloved, colorful characters; it may or may not do DK 64's cast better justice than the original game itself.

Aside from that, there aren't very many Nintendo franchises I could think of that would make good Warriors games that I'd play.  Pokemon would probably be good, but I'm simply not all that into that series.  The only other big Nintendo franchise I'm into is Metroid, and I don't think that franchise has enough beloved, memorable characters to make it work all that well.

2 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Another series I'd like to see but isn't Nintendo is Valkyria Chronicle Warriors, it's by Sega and with VC4 coming to the switch the series is decently popular.

This is all I can imagine when you say "Valkyria Chronicles Warriors":

2BPaLPA.png

HERE'S EDY!

And I'm honestly all for that.

5 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:
  1. Mario Warriors (or Mushroom Kingdom Warriors)

I'm more partial to Super Mario Warriors. I dunno. It seems more fitting.

I wanna say something involving Miis for the shits and giggles. Just imagine all of the expressions!

I know it will never happen but it I think it would be funny to see an Earthbound Warriors if only to see what kind of crazy moveset they would make up for characters like Jeff and Duster.

2 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

The only other big Nintendo franchise I'm into is Metroid, and I don't think that franchise has enough beloved, memorable characters to make it work all that well.

Beloved and Metroid are definitely not words that go together well for most people, yeah. Frankly, though, Prime Hunters' multiplayer was pretty epic for letting you use the other Hunters, plus Sylux at least is quite popular within the Metroid community, so there's him, Noxus, Weavel, Kanden, Trace, and Spire, most if not all of whom would be recognized by a fair percentage of the target audience(Metroid fans), then you could include the Hunters from Prime 3 whose names escape me for now but at least the icy guy is also popular, plus potentially Dark Samus and the SA-X(I'd play the SA-X for sure, terrifying though it is), maybe Adam Malcovich but then they'd run the risk of reminding everyone Other M exists, the Federation Marines from Federation Force just for the lols, and then you can even finally give the Smash players what they've always wanted and have Ridley be playable, so that's a fair-sized roster. Frankly, Metroid needs the love enough that I would allow such a game to occur without losing my mind in rage.

6 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Don't forget Babe Pandora from Dark Pit's Chapter. Or Hades' Heart, we could probably make that work somehow...

As for my own personal choice...I honestly don't like any Nintendo franchise enough(save Metroid as mentioned above) to overlook the fact that it would feel offensive to me to see them try to force said franchise into the Warriors formula(such as Pokemon, where you have to select from over 800 potential roster choices, and after seeing them pick Chandelure, Suicune, and Braixen for Pokken over Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee I no longer trust the Pokemon Company to make roster choices that actually make sense for the game), or force the Warriors formula to adapt to frickin' JUMPMAN, who has spent years doing literally nothing but run, jump, drive a go-kart, and play sports, NONE of which should ever be made to fit into the Warriors formula in my opinion. If I had to choose one franchise that was ever on a Nintendo system(because I'm also not about to spend time looking up all the franchises specifically owned by Nintendo to narrow my field), I would honestly play Conception Warriors if only for a chance to have the short-lived franchise possibly redeem itself from the gigantic letdown that was Conception 2(another chance to play as [insert Conception 1/2 waifu here] but in an actually good game? I'll play that).

5 hours ago, Eqstrian819 said:

Pokémon? They’d have a lot to work with, and as long as they have roughly the same amount of reps from each generation, I don’t think fans would complain...that much.

Gen 1 bias would likely exist as per usual, and people would complain regardless if it did or not.

20 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

In that case, it would be more of just a new Kid Icarus game with Warriors gameplay; nothing's stopping them from adding half a dozen OC gods/heroes in the series style to expand the roster.

Though I'd echo the general Nintendo/Smash Warriors concept; HW and FEW laid the groundwork and have characters that can be easily ported over, letting them focus on Mario and Pokemon newcomers with a few choice others to round things out and make it feel more like Smash.

Xenoblade Warriors is the pipe-dream that's never happening for me.

6 hours ago, Eqstrian819 said:

Good point.

Pokemon Warriors in general would be a mess. Do you include the type chart? How do you represent the generations? There's so many ways it could go wrong; it would sell based on the Pokemon name alone (see: Pokemon Go), but that's one roster that could hands down create bigger waves of dissatisfaction than anything FEW did.

19 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Another series I'd like to see but isn't Nintendo is Valkyria Chronicle Warriors,

16 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

This is all I can imagine when you say "Valkyria Chronicles Warriors":

Revolution originally had straight-up Warriors-style gameplay with a bit more of a defined difficulty, but complaints from early demos had them force in more turn-based aspects and ship out the unpolished mess it was.

Edited by The DanMan