Finally got around to finishing the Heirs of Fate dlc. My thoughts...

Faellin

Story wise. About what you'd expect from fates. Nothing special, but followable for the most part.

Gameplay wise, part 5 and endgame were actually quite fun and a good challenge. Part 4 was just pure annoying, especially the second half where you had to fight by the wall. The rest weren't that difficult. Heck I managed to clear part 3 in 2 turns.

Overall a pretty good for dlc if you want a bunch of fun extra maps. Also the song that plays during the final chapter is simply amazing. I feel the dlc as a whole in fates is quite good, especially the extended story ones.

Edited by Faellin

honestly to me story wise this DLC is much better written than any of the three official routes of the main game IMO. Now granted the story isn't perfect cause it most certainly has it's flaws. However the kids are characterized well enough and the way the plot is strung along leads to fairly interesting twist where they're all in an illusion. Hell even anankos is better characterized here and even gets a little bit of development when he talks to shigure. Honestly this DLC is what relevations should have been. 

I wholeheartedly agree, I think the story arc was the best one in Fates overall. Granted, it was DLC and quite condensed, but it was also the only arc that actually made the Outrealms sensible to me. Over the course of Awakening and Fates we've seen a whole lot of messing around with the Outrealms/parallel dimensions/alternate timelines, but the way they portrayed it over here with the Birthright Hosidans meeting the Conquest Nohrians and them being manipulated into fighting each other thinking the other party is Vallite really worked for me. Way more so than the half-assed vanishing curse or anything from the main stories.

But yeah gameplay-wise I found it pretty solid as well, good thing they had the child units preset too and not some convoluted reasoning to bring your own OP units in like in The Future Past. Made for a pretty solid challenge. Maps 5-6 were my favourites too and indeed Lost in the Waves is a banger tune!

Yeah, most of the maps were pretty fun. Personally I don't care for adventures in the multiverse, but the story was done pretty well as far as it goes, and as people have said above, better than most of the Fates stuff....

It gives me Point Blank. Do you think I'd care if it was poorly done?

...In all seriousness, I only got the last one for Point Blank and I think one or two of the others for one of the Takers...I wanna say Skill and Luck? Anyways, the maps were good, and thank goodness it kept Phoenix Mode, which I'd forgotten I had on at the time due to having finished the game and being mostly focused on Support Grinding, or else the challenge would have really frustrated me(stupid Dwyer).

When think about it, Shigure’s role in the story is very similar to Lucina’s. And he’s actually a better character than her in that regard.

Plus his singing is amazing! Matthew Mercer is one hell of a singer!