[FE4] Change Yewfelle's weapon type

camelpimp

I'm trying to change the Yewfelle from a bow to a lance. I changed the weapon type to throwing lance in Nightmare, but the animations it uses are glitchy, and it's clearly still counted as a bow. I assume because it's a holy weapon there's more I'd have to alter than if I were trying to change a regular weapon (although I futzed with the holy blood editor and that didn't seem help.) Also, the character that's receiving the Yewfelle has a different class and sprite, and the convo that gives them the weapon tends to (but doesn't always) lock the game, and is visually glitchy. Is there a way to solve that?

5 hours ago, camelpimp said:

I'm trying to change the Yewfelle from a bow to a lance. I changed the weapon type to throwing lance in Nightmare, but the animations it uses are glitchy, and it's clearly still counted as a bow. I assume because it's a holy weapon there's more I'd have to alter than if I were trying to change a regular weapon (although I futzed with the holy blood editor and that didn't seem help.) Also, the character that's receiving the Yewfelle has a different class and sprite, and the convo that gives them the weapon tends to (but doesn't always) lock the game, and is visually glitchy. Is there a way to solve that?

Don't change the weapon type, just change the name and that's it.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:46 AM, hanhnn said:

Change the name of Gungnir/GaeBolg to Ichival and your problem's solved

. . .but that technically doesn't answer the question?

On 5/13/2018 at 11:22 AM, eclipse said:

. . .but that technically doesn't answer the question?

because I think he's going the wrong direction, which leads to a dead end because as far as I know no one in this forum know how to do what he asked for.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:55 PM, camelpimp said:

Still doesn't work, unless you're meaning i should change the name outside of the weapon editor?

I means changing the text display next to the item icon, depend on which English patch you use, it could be easy or impossible.

The name has nothing to do with what animations the weapon loads; the location of the weapon data does. I have no idea what you're talking about. (I've been testing it, and I've been testing it in the original Japanese) I don't really wanna "swap" the Yewfelle and Gungnir anyway, that's gonna cause problems with the characters that use the Gungnir. But thank you anyway.

10 hours ago, camelpimp said:

The name has nothing to do with what animations the weapon loads; the location of the weapon data does. I have no idea what you're talking about. (I've been testing it, and I've been testing it in the original Japanese) I don't really wanna "swap" the Yewfelle and Gungnir anyway, that's gonna cause problems with the characters that use the Gungnir. But thank you anyway.

Then you should explain very clearly what you really want.

The first post make me think that you just want a Holy Lance named Yewfelle, so changing the name is enough.

Edited by hanhnn

On 5/11/2018 at 5:30 AM, camelpimp said:

It's treated as any other weapon would be, from an animation point of view there's not much special about it.. The problem is that you're trying to get it to load sprite data that doesn't match. You'd need to either repoint where it loads the sprite data from or replace the sprite.