What if Sigurd had a daughter?

indigoasis

Recently, I was reading the Genealogy of the Holy War Manga by Mitsuki Oosawa, and reached the part where Deirdre discovered that she was pregnant. So it got me thinking, what if Seliph was a girl? ....or to put it less bluntly, what if Sigurd had a daughter instead? How would the story change, if at all?

And for the sake of debate, I'll also ask about how the story might change if Sigurd had a second child instead of just Seliph by himself.

From what I know about FE4, which is very little, then Sigurd's daughter would be expected by the Loptyr cult to make incest babies (ick) with Julius to make the Loptyr line more pure or something. Because aren't Julia and Julius the twin children of Arvis and Deirdre?

Edit-  I'm an idiot, Sigurd's kid wouldn't have enough Loptyr blood, the cult is trying to stick Julia and Julius together. So the story would probably be close to the same and I can see Sigurd's daughter being like Lucina.

Edited by Dragoncat

I'll agree with Dragoncat and say Seliph would likely act like Lucina, just without the time travel stuff. Don't know much of how FE4 works, but Seliph's pairings would definitely change accordingly. F!Seliph x Leif, maybe? (Don't look that up)

On the point of multiple children, again I'll refer to Awakening. It'd be like Chrom's second child, optional and completely unimportant to the story. Or maybe the additional children could be a part of Thracia's campaign.

16 minutes ago, Power Master said:

On the point of multiple children, again I'll refer to Awakening. It'd be like Chrom's second child, optional and completely unimportant to the story. Or maybe the additional children could be a part of Thracia's campaign.

Not quite. If Sigurd has a second child, and Dierdre is still the mother, it's very much likely said child would be the one to have Major Narga. So... very much plot-important.

Because Sigurd + Diedre is Major Baldr and Narga with only 1 parent having Minor Loptyr, their children would end up being either combination of those 2 major bloods and never have major Loptyr. If we're to assume that a frstborn's Major blood is more likely to be that of the parent with the same gender, then Seliph being female would probably result in having Major Naga blood.

Assuming everything else stays the same, Julia also ends up with Major Narga (if that's possible) and Manfloy fails to discover that there is someone else with Major Narga around, this would result in an alternate ending where you couldn't figure out how to save Julia and Seliph would have to use Julia's circle to get the Narga tome to defeat Julius.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

I'd say if nothing were to change except Seliph's gender, then the main difference would probably be who Seliph could marry.  Which would mean that we'd get some... interesting pairings such as Seliph x Leif, Seliph x Shanan, or Seliph x Ares.  One of which would give Seliph the option of indulging in incest without glitches/exploits and would totally kill the neat dynamic the two have otherwise.  In this case, I assume the Holy Blood doesn't change because of the case of Febail and plot convenience (they'd want Sigurd's only child to be able to use Tyrfing, regardless of the kid's gender).

If there are any other differences, they'd revolve around how everyone treats Seliph.  And to that end, Seliph's tale might actually be quite different in some respects.

Now, if there were two kids, and they were of differing genders... then it'd probably be handled similarly to other protagonist pairs, with the female in the pair getting the shaft.  Although the female kid would probably get major Naga, minor Baldur, and the Loptyr blood in Deirdre wouldn't pass onto her.  And that'd also mean that this kid could be a contingency for defeating Julius if Julia fell, though they'd have to make it so she could actually use light magic.

Seliph is no longer a legitimate heir to Granvelle as the first born son is Julius. Seliph gets significantly less support from civilians and is not called the Scion of Light. In their point of view there's little hope to be had to tout such a title. Leif might get more traction in his situation or he might just be erased from history without Seliph coming in to save the day on time. It's a coin toss.

If the scenario remains the same where she wins over the Isaacians and continues as usual, endgame is where it gets politically interesting. She'd need to bear a son, that bullshit Deirdre had to go through and have a prince consort. I'm gonna throw Shannan out there since he kept her hidden and helped raised her in his kingdom. The landscape might change significantly, with Isaac and Granvelle unifying or splitting up into smaller states.

>but chalis why can't she just be an empress in a newly found progressive society

feudal jugdral is no place for an easy fix and also i like what i came up with better

7 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Now, if there were two kids, and they were of differing genders... then it'd probably be handled similarly to other protagonist pairs, with the female in the pair getting the shaft.  Although the female kid would probably get major Naga, minor Baldur, and the Loptyr blood in Deirdre wouldn't pass onto her.  And that'd also mean that this kid could be a contingency for defeating Julius if Julia fell, though they'd have to make it so she could actually use light magic.

Eh no, Julia wouldn't have Major Naga in this scenario, since Major Holy Bloods get passed down just once for the most part, unless it's a Minor+Minor or Major+Minor cases. Which could actually spell trouble, since Julia would probably also have Major Loptyr (Arvis and Dierdre would've already passed down their majors, so with both having minor Loptry...). That could actually be an interesting scenario, if there's more than one possible vessel...

8 minutes ago, Chalis said:

Seliph is no longer a legitimate heir to Granvelle as the first born son is Julius. Seliph gets significantly less support from civilians and is not called the Scion of Light. In their point of view there's little hope to be had to tout such a title. Leif might get more traction in his situation or he might just be erased from history without Seliph coming in to save the day on time. It's a coin toss.

With the state of the Empire by the time Gen 2 begins, I doubt people will care of the kid's gender. Just being Dierdre's firstborn is the perfect excuse to declare support to anyone not Loptyr!Julius.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh no, Julia wouldn't have Major Naga in this scenario, since Major Holy Bloods get passed down just once for the most part, unless it's a Minor+Minor or Major+Minor cases...

Oh yeah, that's right.  I forget about a lot of those holy blood rules.

That'd make Jugdral double f***'d.  Or Julia would be screwed out of a happy ending, since everyone would want to burn her at the stake.  In any case, that's significantly different, and guaranteed to be more tragic than the original story.

Okay if Sigurd had a second child I feel the game would play the same but Julia would be the elder sister of Julius and there would be a comment on how Deirdre is pregnant when Arvis is betrothed to her. (I could believe they started trying before they married)

If Seliph was a girl then the chances are that She would have inherited major Naga blood and thus wouldn't be able to use Tyfing but use the Naga tome. The problem there would be where Deirdres circlet went, Would they get it been her Daughter or would it go to Julius's sibling, who may have also been a son who had Major Falja blood thus giving them Valflame, (Which you'd probably be allowed to take from Arvis in Gen 2 at that point) Though the class of a hypothetical Sigurd Daughter would probably be along the lines of Celica's Princess class or Mage Fighter. Though personality wise...they'd be pretty much the same as their situation would be the same and be raised by the same people. How the people treat them could differ though they'd still be raised by the people since they would be a tyrant. Lywen would still go out his way to help raise a case for a true firstborn child of Deirdre, they might even just change inheritance laws just so they can rule. 

6 hours ago, DemolisherBPB said:

Okay if Sigurd had a second child I feel the game would play the same but Julia would be the elder sister of Julius and there would be a comment on how Deirdre is pregnant when Arvis is betrothed to her. (I could believe they started trying before they married)

If Seliph was a girl then the chances are that She would have inherited major Naga blood and thus wouldn't be able to use Tyfing but use the Naga tome. The problem there would be where Deirdres circlet went, Would they get it been her Daughter or would it go to Julius's sibling, who may have also been a son who had Major Falja blood thus giving them Valflame, (Which you'd probably be allowed to take from Arvis in Gen 2 at that point) Though the class of a hypothetical Sigurd Daughter would probably be along the lines of Celica's Princess class or Mage Fighter. Though personality wise...they'd be pretty much the same as their situation would be the same and be raised by the same people. How the people treat them could differ though they'd still be raised by the people since they would be a tyrant. Lywen would still go out his way to help raise a case for a true firstborn child of Deirdre, they might even just change inheritance laws just so they can rule. 

The only problem with this is that Saias exists, and he was Arvis' firstborn child, which gives him major Fjalar holy blood (even though Thracia 776 was released after Genealogy, but meh). Julius' sibling could have minor Fjalar holy blood, like Azelle had, and/or minor Loptyr blood, or he could have no sibling at all. If Saias didn't exist, then the Major Fjalar holy blood could definitely go his sibling, if Julius had one. As for Deirdre's circlet, it could go to Julius if he had no sibling.

Getting back to the topic, if Sigurd did have a second child (and Seliph either remained male and inherited Major Baldur holy blood or was female and inherited Major Baldur holy blood), what are the odds that Julia would be his sister and not just his half-sibling? It would potentially mess up the dynamic that the two have as half-siblings, but I think it might be cool.

ehhh a lot of the holy blood stuff is like more a norm than the hard-and-fast rule? like the Hezul blood got passed down through a younger daughter to Eltshan's family iirc

so while Cellica female Seliph might inherit major Naga, there's no reason that she couldn't inherit major Baldo as well if that was more convenient for the story. 

16 minutes ago, BBM said:

ehhh a lot of the holy blood stuff is like more a norm than the hard-and-fast rule? like the Hezul blood got passed down through a younger daughter to Eltshan's family iirc

so while Cellica female Seliph might inherit major Naga, there's no reason that she couldn't inherit major Baldo as well if that was more convenient for the story. 

It's possible. Then again, we know little about Hezul's family only that it was his youngest daughter who got the mark. For all we know, it wasn't applied retroactively, and said daughter was the oly one born after Hezul got Holy Blood. Could explain why Shaggall doesn't have any, despite being the direct descendant.

Well, one thing for sure, you can't inherit more than one Major Holy Blood. So it can only be Major Baldo or Major Naga, not Major of both.

Edited by Acacia Sgt