Here's an idea for Fire Emblem Switch.

What if in Fire Emblem Switch, if you attack a regular enemy/miniboss, it plays out like your standard Fire Emblem battles, but when you attackĀ a boss, it plays out like a turn based JRPG similar to Final Fantasy?

Exdeath_Army.png

I would just like to point out that the only bit of the enemy names you can see in that pic is 'ex-d' or 'XD' which is actually really funny in context since there's...how many of those giant monstrosities? They all blend together and it's hard to count.

I suppose it'd be one way to fix the boring bosses that we see in most Fire Emblem games.

Or they could just make future bosses geared more towards team efforts rather than wacking on one thing repeatedly until it dies.

It's not that bad of an idea, but I think it would be hard to make it feel... good? I think most people would be like "if I wanna JRPG, I woulda play FF not FE". Frankly, even I would feel kinda like this, even though I like Final Fantasies, and JRPGs in general. It's true, boss fights need to be something more than what they are now (long but the-same-as-other fights), but I don't think think this is the direction they should go. Now, if the whole game would be in JRPG style, that's a whole different story, and I'm sure I woul play the heck out of it

I got one for you since this is almost Suikoden, but in reverse

Turn the boss fights into RPS style duels with your selected char vs boss, fun for all

On 5/12/2018 at 11:26 AM, (s)ad touch said:

just regular bosses are fine, but they definitely need to be tougher

If "regular bosses" means stationary bosses with standard combat ranges (or in a certain meme boss's case, up to four spaces away), then no amount of "toughness" will make them fun to fight.

They need to be a threat to more than just units that are within two-or-threeĀ spaces of them.

But it looks like Ex-D, which is funnier.

Also, I suppose I ought to actually answer the question: In most cases, I would rather not. I would be fine if they added this style of difference in Boss Battles to Gaiden Chapters, but that would be the extent of my patience.