Remember Al from the manga?

FE Cioher shows IS remembers. Well, if there were to be an FE6 Echoes, what if he was canonized as an extra character? His name could be Alex or something in the English release. He could maybe start at the Mercenary class or something. Of course, if he was implemented into the games, they’d probably have to tweak his story a bit.

What do you guys think of that?

iirc, there was also a manga exclusive character from the cancelled fe1/3 manga named Clay or something like that.

idk if they even made a reference to it in the games or other material.

as for Al, they could just make it a tertiary set of unlockable chapters in fe6 echoes, because why not go the extra line towards being evil.

24 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

as for Al, they could just make it a tertiary set of unlockable chapters in fe6 echoes, because why not go the extra line towards being evil.

FE7 had a tertiary chapter, 19xx: A Glimpse in Time, and that chapter is beloved for its unlocking requirements. Nothing like having to grind a refresher unit in a separate mode and play through a chapter, only to have to reset it if RNG doesn't go your way. And you have no idea you do either thing. Fortunately, the chapter has absolutely nothing of value tucked away in it plot-wise. It was kinda fun the last time I attempted it though.

Although you do have a point, in that FE12 handled its new assassin subplot via the introduction of gaiden chapters. But if we don't want them to be tertiary (like syphilis), well they can just pick a handful of chapters without gaidens presently and attach them there.

From what I'm aware, Al is Corrin-esque in terms of abilities- dragon form and infantry sword use right? Fae need to keep her specialness, but another swordie would be okay. And let us not forget he'd bring Tiena the staffer and Gant the lancer with him, a lovely little trio.

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

FE7 had a tertiary chapter, 19xx: A Glimpse in Time, and that chapter is beloved for its unlocking requirements. Nothing like having to grind a refresher unit in a separate mode and play through a chapter, only to have to reset it if RNG doesn't go your way. And you have no idea you do either thing. Fortunately, the chapter has absolutely nothing of value tucked away in it plot-wise. It was kinda fun the last time I attempted it though.

Although you do have a point, in that FE12 handled its new assassin subplot via the introduction of gaiden chapters. But if we don't want them to be tertiary (like syphilis), well they can just pick a handful of chapters without gaidens presently and attach them there.

From what I'm aware, Al is Corrin-esque in terms of abilities- dragon form and infantry sword use right? Fae need to keep her specialness, but another swordie would be okay. And let us not forget he'd bring Tiena the staffer and Gant the lancer with him, a lovely little trio.

don't forget the swordsman, soldier, and cavalier that showed up throughout the Al story.

I'd be up for it, but implementing it would be truly interesting.

Jemmie and her brother woul be fun too.

2 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Of course, if he was implemented into the games, they’d probably have to tweak his story a bit.

There's no need for this - simply run it in similar fashion to Hector Mode in Blazing Sword. Once you complete the base game of Binding Blade, it would then give you the option to play through Al's Story. Admittedly, this provides some continuity errors, such as the fact Roy's army has Elphin in Hasha no Tsurugi but players may have chosen to get Lalum instead during their base playthrough, or the fact that Zephiel has both the Binding Blade and Eckesachs in Hasha no Tsurugi but doesn't have the Sword of Seals in the regular game, but most of these can be hand-waved in similar fashion to any difference in events between Ephraim and Eirika's two routes in Sacred Stones.

The differences between Hasha no Tsurugi and Binding Blade's stories actually mean I would be pretty mad if they just shoehorned Al, Tiena, and Gant into a Re:Elibe since some factors of one or the other's story would be lost(plus I would probably lose it if they dropped Kilmar). Also, Zephiel doesn't show off King's Whirlwind in Binding Blade, and I wanna see them put that into a cutscene, but he only uses the move in Hasha no Tsurugi, in part because it's a Manga, you gotta have a signature move with a name that flashes across the page if you're a big bad in a Manga. And then there's Jemmie, I refuse to let them just drop Jemmie...oh, and I guess she has a brother too...