Question about Celica (lorewise not gameplay)

First of all since this was about possessed Celica, specifically  about her heros incarnation I thought it best to put it in heroes, so if this isn't in the right section my bad, it wasn't really unit analysis and more of a question about the character themselves regarding lore.

Listening to the voice clips of possessed Celica, something seems... different about her from possessed Celica in echeos

In echoes, while she didn't have free will, she had free will over what she could say

in heroes, one line in particular strikes me as odd: "I am Duma's faithful servant".

this sounds like something Celica would never say. she also sounds likes she's struggling to say it, whereas in echoes she could still talk without much trouble.

so is it possible that this Celica is much farther gone and possibly past the point of no return, fully given to Duma, and that she's  from another world where 

Spoiler

Jedah got alms soul to Duma

Or did they just need another unit for the fallen heroes banner?

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

14 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Most likely this. I don't think their portrayal of her was firmly rooted in her minute of being soulless in Echoes. 

Possessed Celica doesn't really have much screentime in SoV itself, so the writers probably took some liberties with her portrayal (so that she's brainwashed into serving Duma but her real personality and memories occasionally resurface, leaving her conflicted/confused) to make a more interesting character.

Edited by Lightchao42

2 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

so is it possible that this Celica is much farther gone and possibly past the point of no return, fully given to Duma, and that she's  from another world where 

Reveal hidden contents

Jedah got alms soul to Duma

If this were the case, why would one of her tap quotes still be 'Alm...do it...kill me!" since Alm would theoretically be incapable of doing so?

7 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Probably this tbh... Celica being posessed was not a big part of the game (timewise) as far as I remember.

5 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I have another Celica question, where did the name "Celica" came from? At some point Anthiese changed her name and referred herself as Celica. I'm guessing that Mycen gave it to her.

Spoiler

"...Mycen brought Anthiese to Ram Village for her safety and she was given the name Celica..."

This is from Wikipedia, I don't think the game gave an explanation for this

Edited by coldhand25

I think that, in both the Heroes and SoV incarnations, Celica is in a continuous state of struggling against Duma's control, hence the mixed quotes in Heroes (asking Alm to kill her, and stating that she's Duma's servant, though her voice really sounds like she's fighting against saying the latter) and since she was in such a "do or die" moment when she spoke to Alm in SoV. Alm being right there and in such great danger probably helped her push through to speak to him.