Yang Kai

Fire Emblem - Genealogy 2nd Generation Remake [V. 1.5]

Recommended Posts

Discord Server----> https://discord.gg/ymvjf5J

 

So yeah, this is another Fe4 attempt at a remake for it on the GBA, mostly didn't get finished, for a reason or another, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to finish it. Mainly because I took my time to learn BuildFiles just for this

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c6tuu5ttudvev8j/Genealogy+Remake.ups

Patch to Fe8 (U)

So, long-short story, this is my remake idea for
Fire Emblem 4 - Genealogy of the Holy War.
It won't be exactly like the source game was,
because if it were to be a perfect copy of the source,
then it would be better to go and play the original.
So, what I mean is that I'm remaking it, and while
I'm setting it to be as close to the source as possible,
I'm also adding in some extra stuff, that I feel to
be necessary to be a even better hack.
For example:
Thracia 776's characters, like Eyvel, Orsin, Olwen.
As well as slightly altering some stuff.
Some other examples include myself taking some events
from the Manga version and altering it myself.
I also plan to make Ishtar and Julius characters to be
more relevant, and/or likable as well.

So, what I mean is that, please don't tell me:
"This is not a Fe4 remake."
While I call it remake, all ROMHacking is actually
a playable fanfiction.
So, yeah, this is my version into Fe4's story.
But don't worry, I'm not some edgy teenager
creating a cringe-worthy story.
I try to make this hack as close as possible from what's
considered canon or not.
And yeah, Arden is there, he's a joke, but the reason he's
there is for the lack of armored units. Hanibal joins too late
and giving Darsim/Xavier to the player would also make them
come out too late.

I hope you can enjoy this hack of mine and if possible
give me feedback. 
And for those who played the source game:
I hope you can enjoy it as well, even though it's
not exactly the same plot/mechanics as the original.

 

yZYTiEG.png
qkRXtZI.png
oUiWVGo.png
qTyh2gO.png
hBbKpdC.png
YZl9bdU.png
XCmmNBF.png
STAeXxf.png
 

 

Credits:

 

Credits:
Battle Animations:
Seliph(Eliwood Slash) by Spud
Leif(Roy remade) by Phoenix Wright Ragefest, by Blaze
Julia by me(Yang Kai)
Lana by me(Yang Kai)
Johalva/Orsin(Fighter) by MageKnight404
New cavaliers by Team SALVAGED
Sword/Bow Armor by TBA
Arch Knight by eCut, Kitty of Time


Portraits:
Most by me(Yang Kai)
Some others by Atey/Mikei Seregon;
Fee is and edit of miss-tama's Erinys;
Ishtar is complex mug, it was made by all of the talented spriters:
blackavar.flyingace.peer.lehn.vividria.blackmage


Map Sprites:
I know I made: Seliph's, Leif's and Julia's.
Credits to whomever made the tohers here:
SwordArmor, SwordCav, AxeCav, ArchCav.

Other Graphic stuff:
LordGlenn(menu)

Music:
unuesu(Fe Chapter 1 song)
BorsDeep(Fe4 Battle Theme)
Ganondorf(A lot of songs :P)
me(Yang Kai) for a lot of other songs as well.
Sme for Song Blitz creation

Eventing:
All by myself.

Text Writing:
Some stuff was taken from Project Naga's
translation patch, while some are from
the old translation patch...
But I did write all of them though. :P


Tools:
All the people responsible for the
Buildfiles method to work.
Name a few I know:
Circles, CrazyColorz, Tequila, Teraspark.
If you feel you should be credited as well,,
do not exitate to bug me.
Fire Emblem Builder by 7743(I used it to format songs)
Fire Emblem Editor by Hextator
Nightmare Modules by Blazer.


Wizardry:
Circleseverywhere
Monkeybard & Black Mage 
for most of the skill icons
Tequila, 
Rossendale, StanH, Leonarth, Teraspark for skills
Kirb for Skills page


Special Thanks:

Blazer's Ultimate Tutorial
Arch's Event Tutorial
Zim's Eventing Tutorial(Fe8)
Corrobin

 

[\spoiler]

Edited by Yang Kai
Name edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

woah, you have progress too. 

this looks good and all. one thing i would recommend is maybe getting in touch with spriters. there are existing sprites of gen II characters out there, and you may have an easier time getting permission to use them if you present something promising, which this is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks amazing! I've been thinking about playing FE4 for a long time, but never actually started it. GBA games are favourites of mine though, so I look forward to the completion of this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow this seems like a really cool project, I'll be following progress on this! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Navv said:

woah, you have progress too. 

this looks good and all. one thing i would recommend is maybe getting in touch with spriters. there are existing sprites of gen II characters out there, and you may have an easier time getting permission to use them if you present something promising, which this is. 

I know but most people I asked said that either the original artists don't frequent hacking anymore or simply that it's not free to use.

18 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

This looks amazing! I've been thinking about playing FE4 for a long time, but never actually started it. GBA games are favourites of mine though, so I look forward to the completion of this one.

Thanks, soon I'll release a demo version, with Prologue, Chapter 1, 2 and 3.

13 hours ago, BlueHairedBaby said:

Wow this seems like a really cool project, I'll be following progress on this! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks, I'm giving my best, mainly because for my fans(do they exist lol) from my older Fe7 Hack Izarck's Quest, as Feditor messes the ROM and it won't works anymore. :( That's why I'm using the new hacking method buildfiles, as it never directly touches the ROM aside from when building the final project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i got fire emblem 4 advance on a hard drive somewhere but i wish you the best of luck, this shows a lot of potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Hirokaski said:

i got fire emblem 4 advance on a hard drive somewhere but i wish you the best of luck, this shows a lot of potential.

Thank you! But this project has nothing to do nor is related with Fe4 advance. I never got to play that one since it was private I think, but it's not related.(And they had lots of awesome mugs)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feedback time!

  • Johalva having a personality outside of ''I wanna bone Larcai'' is :^_^:
  • Arden description is 10/10. I mean, who didn't leave him to guard the Castle during BBQ xD
  • The Defence Map at the beginning felt more like a rout then a defence imo. With the only difference being you can't touch the boss due to high def and no Mag user. Maybe change that? Like add enemy reinforcements, make the boss ''killable'' (have him retreat when defeated) and the map end when defeated (like RD defense maps). I defeated everyone except boss in 3 turns and thus had to wait (even if only 2 turns)
  • Enemy quality seems to be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerry low in general while their numbers quite high. I know you are just following the same philosophy as FE4, but i think changing that won't hurt.
  • I feel like you have something against Bow Knights. Every one of them (Enemy and Lester) were extra weak. Then again, Lester is super useless in FE4, so you are just being faithful, i guess?
  • N O S F E J U L I A as good as in FE4 :^_^: (should've taken a pic when i put her in the middle of enemy fighters in ch3...)
  • Johalva's recruitment was quite obnoxious. traversing through the forest to get to him wasn't really fun. especially since by the time Larcei reached him i almost finished the map
  • Arthur and Fee do come quite late as well. When they came i was finishing off the Dark Mages. Also, Arthur landing in the middle of those tiles ugh...

That's feedback from me. Keep up the good work ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Feedback time!

  • Johalva having a personality outside of ''I wanna bone Larcai'' is :^_^:
  • Arden description is 10/10. I mean, who didn't leave him to guard the Castle during BBQ xD
  • The Defence Map at the beginning felt more like a rout then a defence imo. With the only difference being you can't touch the boss due to high def and no Mag user. Maybe change that? Like add enemy reinforcements, make the boss ''killable'' (have him retreat when defeated) and the map end when defeated (like RD defense maps). I defeated everyone except boss in 3 turns and thus had to wait (even if only 2 turns)
  • Enemy quality seems to be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerry low in general while their numbers quite high. I know you are just following the same philosophy as FE4, but i think changing that won't hurt.
  • I feel like you have something against Bow Knights. Every one of them (Enemy and Lester) were extra weak. Then again, Lester is super useless in FE4, so you are just being faithful, i guess?
  • N O S F E J U L I A as good as in FE4 :^_^: (should've taken a pic when i put her in the middle of enemy fighters in ch3...)
  • Johalva's recruitment was quite obnoxious. traversing through the forest to get to him wasn't really fun. especially since by the time Larcei reached him i almost finished the map
  • Arthur and Fee do come quite late as well. When they came i was finishing off the Dark Mages. Also, Arthur landing in the middle of those tiles ugh...

That's feedback from me. Keep up the good work ;)

.1: It always bothered myself that in the original game as well, so I decided, since this is an adaptation, to change the source material.

.2: lmao

.3: While I think I should maybe decrease the turn numbers to 4, or move enemies away, I really don't wish to make Harold killable by the young rebels, I mean, if they could kill him, it would ruin all the purpose of waiting for Oifey.(Even though I gave Oifey's Armourslayer to Ulster later, but still)

.4: Yeah, I'll buff a little the enemies and remove a few as well.(Because I've got my Ulster to level 8 by the end of chapter 3 and he's tottaly strong.

.5: The fact Lester is pretty bad is because he has no holy blood into him(even though there's no coded holy bloods in this hack, I've set their growths to be exactly like Fe4). I've recently decided to change Lester's father to Jamke instead of Midayle, as it would allow him to start with the "Continue" skill and maybe be a bit more usefull.  ̶A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶A̶r̶c̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶C̶a̶v̶a̶l̶i̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶F̶e̶m̶a̶l̶e̶ ̶A̶r̶c̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶k̶i̶n̶n̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶s̶

.6: That... Is totally intentional and I don't plan on changing that.(Because it will lure players into doing that to easily get past chapters, but what they won't know is that is the only Rezire tome I'm giving her through the entire game >:3 And any other tome on her will severely slow her down.)

.7: What would you suggest to this? I'm going to remove the forest tiles in beetween him and the mountain to speed up the process.

.8: That one is really off to me as well, I'm going to make them come 2 turns before and make Arthur land 1 tile above(So he can walk and kill the Archer there)

 

Thanks for the feedback ^-^

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stats at the end of the Demo

39 minutes ago, Yang Kai said:

as it would allow him to start with the "Continue" skill and maybe be a bit more usefull

Maybe buff Bow Mt a bit as well? 

39 minutes ago, Yang Kai said:

.7: What would you suggest to this? I'm going to remove the forest tiles in beetween him and the mountain to speed up the process.

hmmm

Maybe make him also start to move once he sees Larcei? Also, i think the talk between him and Larcei should give Larcei the Shamsir instead of having Larcei go to the Village. Make the Village unvisitable instead by putting the mercenary infront of it to protect it.

39 minutes ago, Yang Kai said:

While I think I should maybe decrease the turn numbers to 4, or move enemies away, I really don't wish to make Harold killable by the young rebels, I mean, if they could kill him, it would ruin all the purpose of waiting for Oifey.

True. But i think the map needs some more stuff to do in it or some reward for finishing it early :think:

 

Btw, Arthur has 2 Focus skills, do they stack, or is it a bug?

Edited by Shrimperor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not trying to be mean or anything but could you possibly fix lana's portrait it looks like her hair is covering her face and you can barely see her eyes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yang Kai said:

The fact Lester is pretty bad is because he has no holy blood into him

Lester has minor Ulir though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Stats at the end of the Demo

Maybe buff Bow Mt a bit as well? 

hmmm

Maybe make him also start to move once he sees Larcei? Also, i think the talk between him and Larcei should give Larcei the Shamsir instead of having Larcei go to the Village. Make the Village unvisitable instead by putting the mercenary infront of it to protect it.

True. But i think the map needs some more stuff to do in it or some reward for finishing it early :think:

 

Btw, Arthur has 2 Focus skills, do they stack, or is it a bug?

I've buffed Lester STR by 2 now and gave him the follow up skill, the one with % chance he may attack someone again.

Johalva now changes AI to start moving towards  ̶l̶a̶r̶c̶e̶i̶ enemie on turn 3. The mercenarie now just guards the village and I've added a dialogue beetween JOhalva and the kids before he departs.

Prologue I'll make Harold start moving on turn 4, so you'll need to run, instead of just waiting. And have spawn two Lance Cavaliers on turn 4 as well to add more bit of danger sense.

Oops, Arhur is a error on my part. lol

48 minutes ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

not trying to be mean or anything but could you possibly fix lana's portrait it looks like her hair is covering her face and you can barely see her eyes 

All mugs will be revamped/remade later on.

8 minutes ago, TildeHat said:

Lester has minor Ulir though.

Not really enough though, to be considered useful. And as Emperoshrimp said he was kind of useless on the source game. (But don't worry, I plan on making him usefull here, even though Febail will just powercreep him later on, as he will be able to use the lengedary Bow. Downsides being that Febail will start as pre-promote, while Lester will have plenty of potential.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yang Kai said:

Not really enough though, to be considered useful

He has the same amount of Ulir as Delmud has Hezul. And Delmud seems plenty useful in your hack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Delmud was useful in the source game though, it's just that Bows are weak in any Fire Emblem game. In my old hack the protagonist of the second part were a bow lord and I had to create a PRF bow that did magic damage and attacked at 1-2 range in order to him be usefull.

Also there's the fact that bows are excluded from the weapon triangle, so they never has advantage against any foe, except for fliers, but that is class advantage instead.

But don't worry I've buffed him with 2 STR and gave him a usefull skill. As well as buffed his con by 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changes look good :^_^:

 

I think Bows can be useful, as some FE (fan-)games and hacks showed us.

FE10 Bow units were awesome. Not only did they have great stats, on 3rd Promo they get 3 Range.

Fates gave Bows pretty high Might. That and nerfing Handaxes/Javelins made Bows pretty useful

FE7x has Bows always having WTA on 2 range, but always have WTD on 1 Range.

The Lion Throne made all normal Bows have 2-3 range, with longbows having 2-4 range, and Snipers lvl15 getting +1rng skill. Archers were super scary in that one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2018 at 1:30 PM, Shrimperor said:

Changes look good :^_^:

 

I think Bows can be useful, as some FE (fan-)games and hacks showed us.

FE10 Bow units were awesome. Not only did they have great stats, on 3rd Promo they get 3 Range.

Fates gave Bows pretty high Might. That and nerfing Handaxes/Javelins made Bows pretty useful

FE7x has Bows always having WTA on 2 range, but always have WTD on 1 Range.

The Lion Throne made all normal Bows have 2-3 range, with longbows having 2-4 range, and Snipers lvl15 getting +1rng skill. Archers were super scary in that one.

 

 

Never played Fates neither Radiant Dawn(played Path of Radiance though) Also never played Fe7x, I'm waiting for Yeti to release the full version.(I recall playing it since it was being made in RPG maker XP) 

Also I'll post another demo sooner than expected because I'm almost finishing the Isaachian liberation arc. AKA the 6th chapter of the original game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to chime in and say you're amazing for doing this. I always wanted to play through the Jugdral games for their story, but the outdated graphics and frustrating gameplay has really put me off from ever doing so. I know it still won't be a perfect substitute for experiencing the actual thing itself, but the chance at going through FE4 with palatable portraits and familiar gameplay to the other entries in the franchise is really enticing! Hope you stay strong, and looking forward to the next patch! Keep up the good work man!

Edited by Pat Magroyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pat Magroyn said:

I just want to chime in and say you're amazing for doing this. I always wanted to play through the Jugdral games for their story, but the outdated graphics and frustrating gameplay has really put me off from ever doing so. I know it still won't be a perfect substitute for experiencing the actual thing itself, but the chance at going through FE4 with palatable portraits and familiar gameplay to the other entries in the franchise is really enticing! Hope you stay strong, and looking forward to the next patch! Keep up the good work man!

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny how I was thinking about the older FE4 remake hack, FE IV Advance, a few days ago and wonder if someone would ever pick up on it.  I'm glad to see that while this isn't exactly a revival of the older hack, as this has nothing to do with that, I'm really happy that another FE4 GBA remake hack is in progress right now.  I would say I'm as hyped for an update for this as I am for Staff of Ages.  Here are my thoughts on it as of now:

  • The portraits are hit and miss, but the ones that look really good (i.e Lewyn, Seliph, Arvis) are utterly fantastic.  The backgrounds on the help menu also look great as well.  
  • I love the skills you incorporated into the characters so far (also double Focus with Arthur, lol)
  • Oifey needs a nerf if you ask me, I know he's supposed to be really good in the vanilla but here he can solo the entire hack with next to no issue.
  • I LOVE the battle animation Julia has.  Was that animation used in a previous hack or is that new?  

Aside from that, I had a lot of fun with this demo.  I'm excited to see how it progresses over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DectorEy said:

It's funny how I was thinking about the older FE4 remake hack, FE IV Advance, a few days ago and wonder if someone would ever pick up on it.  I'm glad to see that while this isn't exactly a revival of the older hack, as this has nothing to do with that, I'm really happy that another FE4 GBA remake hack is in progress right now.  I would say I'm as hyped for an update for this as I am for Staff of Ages.  Here are my thoughts on it as of now:

  • The portraits are hit and miss, but the ones that look really good (i.e Lewyn, Seliph, Arvis) are utterly fantastic.  The backgrounds on the help menu also look great as well.  
  • I love the skills you incorporated into the characters so far (also double Focus with Arthur, lol)
  • Oifey needs a nerf if you ask me, I know he's supposed to be really good in the vanilla but here he can solo the entire hack with next to no issue.
  • I LOVE the battle animation Julia has.  Was that animation used in a previous hack or is that new?  

Aside from that, I had a lot of fun with this demo.  I'm excited to see how it progresses over time.

Arthur had double Focus because I set Focus as base skill for mage but forgot to change Arthur's skill to wrath. >.>

About Oifey, well, I know he can solo the entire as of now and I also would like him to continue being good until the endgame, so he's kinda like Seth from Sacred Stones, good starting stats and good growths as well, but well, even though in this demo he can defeat every single enemy alone, when the game progresses you'll need Seliph and the others to be strong as well, so I think it's fair as it is. 

Julia's animation was made by myself just for this hack, so yeah, it's a custom animation.(I also plan on making a custom animation for Seliph and Julius as well later on) 

Thank you for your kind words.  I'm going to release the next demo I think on sunday, it's goin to be just one extra chapter, seizing Rivough and freeing Isaach once and for all). Right now I'm revising my text files and searching for weird stuff(did you notice archers have horse sound in the demo? lol). I'm also planning on releasing demos for each Arc, so, first arc is the Isaach arc. Next one is the Yied Desert arc, then Leonster and Manster and so on.

Also I'll put on a small FAQ on the topic for stuff like why is Arden in the game. Well, it's simple:

Lack of armor knights joining soon on the game, I could just have a Thracia character in his place? Yeah, I could, but honestly, Thracia characters already join a little late, it would ruin the sense, since a little after of giving Darsin, the player would get Hanibal, so I just used Arden, since he's too slow to get to Belhalla it wouldn't hurt too much the plot. I made sure to fill all plot holes that making him live would create, though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New update, a little later than when I promised to, but it was for a good reason.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c6tuu5ttudvev8j/Genealogy+Remake.ups
Patch to FE8 (U)

Changelog from previous version to this one: 

I swapped all lazy scaled-up portraits with lazy splices. Except for Lana, you guys will have a surprise with my spriting skills. It was a lot of work to do a full custom portrait, but she deserves it. >.>


Tweaked prologue:
Spawns 2 Lance cavaliers on turn 4.

Tweaked Chapter2:
Moved the armor knight that was on top of the chest.

Tweaked a bit Chapter 3, as follows:
Less enemies, stronger enemies, turn 4 Arthur and Fee, Johalva now moves, Johalva+Larcei talk will give her the Shamshir. Village now is closed.
Removed SwordBreaker from Ink. Replace with AtkSeal

Chapter 4 created and fully functional.
New units:
Johan
Rodolban(He's there, but only joins on chapter 5)

I've also added a preview of an extra chapter:
Chapter 4x is there, full playable, but once seizing
the throne, the game will end.
4x characters:
Leif
Finn
Nanna
Eyvel
and Orsin.

Changes in characters:
Johalva:
Isn't Garcia anymore.
Swapped Colossus for Moonbow.

Arthur:
Isn't Artur anymore.
Replaced the extra Focus with Wrath.

Fee:
Buffed a little her atk.
But she's still useless since there's so many
axe users and bow users...

Oifey:
Gave him Luna.

Lana:
Got Life To Serve

Now, what everyone's waiting for:
Our boy, Lester:
+2 atk
+1 spd
+2 con
Got Adept.


random screens:


yZYTiEG.png
qkRXtZI.png
oUiWVGo.png
qTyh2gO.png
hBbKpdC.png
YZl9bdU.png
XCmmNBF.png
STAeXxf.png


Danm! Spoiler you all Lana's new portrait...
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good, been waiting for it. If only I had enough time to play it right away... Well, all is not lost that is delayed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

Sounds good, been waiting for it. If only I had enough time to play it right away... Well, all is not lost that is delayed!

Thanks, take your time.

Also small To do list:
Find out why archers have horse sound.
Make Axe Cavaliers and Arch Cavaliers receive extra
damage from Zanbato and Horseslayer.
Fix all weird fade outs.
Fix all the typos.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.