Special heroes of the 21st May

Morswo

DdX4pRyV0AA5fIE.jpg

I already thought they looked like her hair things before, but after looking even closer at how similar the shape is I'm doubling down on Ninian as the best guess.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left: That's definitely Ninian.

Right: That's gotta be Lyon.  Hmmm.  Est would fit, but her hair isn't quite long enough.  Closest I can come up with is Cecilia, who makes absolutely no sense.

I kinda suck at this.

Ninian, Tharja, Anna and ... let's put a Fates character in it, Oboro. There is my super accurate prediction of the upcoming banner. Like last year, all from different games (well, Anna is just my personal wish after Sharena and Alfonse getting their alts and with the whole foreshadowing).

I would have loved a Marth that fits with B!Caeda, but I ain't the one making decisions on how to sell special banners, so that's that; even if it's not impossible, yet. Another Tharja ain't really what I want, but it was just a matter of time before her next alt came around, so whatever.

Still hoping I can skip this one, not enough orbs to spare, but who knows what nonsense they'll offer this time that will "force" me to try.

Yeah, if they're showing two brides then that's it. It's another full bridal banner. Even with the majority female Easter banner we got, they showed us Alfonse.

Guess time to save up orbs. How utterly disappointing. They may throw us a boon with a groom Marth or something for TT, but I'm not hopeful.

This Voting Gauntlet is going to be the worst one yet for me. I might just get the dailies and skip the rest.

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Yeah, if they're showing two brides then that's it. It's another full bridal banner. Even with the majority female Easter banner we got, they showed us Alfonse.

Guess time to save up orbs. How utterly disappointing. They may throw us a boon with a groom Marth or something for TT, but I'm not hopeful.

This Voting Gauntlet is going to be the worst one yet for me. I might just get the dailies and skip the rest.

Uh, they didn't show us Alphonse. From what I remember it was Sharena and Catria who were shown.

10 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Uh, they didn't show us Alphonse. From what I remember it was Sharena and Catria who were shown.

You remember wrong.

Spoiler

PBS2VF8.jpg

Full_Attack_Alfonse_Spring_Prince.png?ve

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

You remember wrong.

Hide contents

PBS2VF8.jpg

Full_Attack_Alfonse_Spring_Prince.png?ve

Oh okay, I guess I just blocked that out. Still, I don't think this rules out grooms entirely. They could always be hiding them as a surprise. 

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Oh okay, I guess I just blocked that out. Still, I don't think this rules out grooms entirely. They could always be hiding them as a surprise. 

True, we won't know until the reveal. Just...don't get your hopes up.

11 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

To be fair, people have just been setting themselves up for disappointment over grooms. While not beyond possibility, there was no real reason to expect any grooms either. The best people had was "surely this time we'll get some grooms instead." We already know IS doesn't always care about gender balance for seasonals, so going full brides again should be no surprise.

That said, they could very well still sneak grooms despite none in the teaser, but it does seem unlikely. It would be funny (and a bit cruel) if they did stick groom Marth in as a TT reward. His only alt being locked to +1 would be kind of poetic as this point..

26 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Was it? Okay, maybe I shouldn't be so gloomy. I could've sworn I remembered Alfonse XD

Edit: Oh, just saw florete's correction. Gloom is back then.

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

To be fair, people have just been setting themselves up for disappointment over grooms. While not beyond possibility, there was no real reason to expect any grooms either. The best people had was "surely this time we'll get some grooms instead." We already know IS doesn't always care about gender balance for seasonals, so going full brides again should be no surprise.

That said, they could very well still sneak grooms despite none in the teaser, but it does seem unlikely. It would be funny (and a bit cruel) if they did stick groom Marth in as a TT reward. His only alt being locked to +1 would be kind of poetic as this point..

It's not a case of setting up disappointment. It's a case of hoping that this time they'll throw us a bone, especially after the previous banner being mostly female as well, but honestly, I expect nothing less these days.

Edited by Cute Chao

Looks like Ninian and perhaps Est. Considering how Anna is likely in as well, that leaves one possible male character, just like in the easter banner and even that is somewhat unlikely. Even though Ninian is one of my favourite characters, this one's a skip for me. Unless one of them is wearing a cool black wedding dress or something.

Since hoarding orbs is pretty worthless if you need fodder or merges, I'm going all out

Edited by silveraura25

I haven't though you guys will come up with anything from these vague silhouettes, but it seems like I underestimated you. :^_^:

Although I'm not convinced that your predictions are correct. If it's truly Ninian, what is that twirl on her right? It seems like part of the silhouettes hair, which is unlikely to Ninian. The Tharja guess looks more possible, but it could be another girl with short hair and slim figure in my opinion.

Looks like to girls with long hair and flowers (?). Perhaps IS is trolling again and those are Cheerleaders? 

Also what's with FEH saying there would be a new hero? 

9 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Considering there's no Staffbreaker or other skills that exclusively target or benefit staff units, I don't think we'll see a staff valor. Or breath valor for the same reasons. Though all of these would be appreciated. Staff units get just 1.5 (rounded down) SP for healing. That's too little.

But Valor skills don't change the balancing, it's more of a QoL skill. 

27 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Also what's with FEH saying there would be a new hero?

My guess would be a new hero like Charlotte was last year, but to be honest, I don't want that anymore (which is why my prediction featured Oboro instead of... let's say Scarlet with a dress displaying her Chevois flower custom, even though I'd love to have Scarlet in the game). Seasonals are the moments where I actually want alts to preexisting units (so of course, IS is gonna do what I don't want to see and introduce another character as a limited seasonal :P ).

Also, for us Germans it's written in a peculiar way where Feh asks herself 'how cute HE will be'. Unfortunately, it's most likely just masculine in its grammatical sense, seeing that hero is masculine and it is refering to "a new hero" from the previous sentence of the notification. This means it's still very probable that this banner will only feature ladies.

1 minute ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

My guess would be a new hero like Charlotte was last year, but to be honest, I don't want that anymore (which is why my prediction featured Oboro instead of... let's say Scarlet with a dress displaying her Chevois flower custom, even though I'd love to have Scarlet in the game). Seasonals are the moments where I actually want alts to preexisting units (so of course, IS is gonna do what I don't want to see and introduce another character as a limited seasonal :P ).

I can understand fans of chars like Charlotte, it's unfortunate for them to have only the seasonal version and no "canon", "vanilla" (or whatever it's called) version. For me it's no big problem, I don't care very much who the seasonals will be. For me it's enough to have a cool looking unit which adds something gameplay-wise to the game. If I get to learn something new, even better. 

4 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Also, for us Germans it's written in a peculiar way where Feh asks herself 'how cute HE will be'. Unfortunately, it's most likely just masculine in its grammatical sense, seeing that hero is masculine and it is refering to "a new hero" from the previous sentence of the notification. This means it's still very probable that this banner will only feature ladies.

Yeah, a translation of a translation is not to be trusted. I switched to English long ago. It makes it easier for me to communicate on this forum without checking the wiki every two minutes. I can still follow the plot without problems ... since there is not too much of a plot. 

It looks like Ninian and Tharja. I can't really see the short-hair most people are claiming for the second silhouette, but I'd welcome it if they did have short hair. Seems like two long-haired ladies. 

I'd be pretty annoyed if it was another Tharja alt, though. She had the biggest drop in popularity out of the popular characters and already got an absolutely busted Christmas alt. At least Camilla and Azura remained popular, even though they are getting too many alts as well. And yea, I'm aware 10th position is still impressive. But a Celica or Eirika seasonal or a Nino, Micaiah or even Loki alt would be preferable.

37 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

... But a Celica or Eirika seasonal or a Nino, Micaiah or even Loki alt would be preferable.

I like Celica, but I don't want to see another version of her. We already have 3 Celicas: normal, possessed and the future Brave version.

I just want a staff unit from this banner. I would prefer not having Tharja, but if this is what IS wants, so ok them. And I still believe we will have Anna as a bride this year, being part of the banner or not (TT reward).

6 minutes ago, Lau said:

I think Ninian is definitely one of them. The other...maybe Katarina? 

Still holding out for a Hero...King

Seing Hanbei as your avatar remember me how much I would love a Pokémon Conquest sequel, but with Fire Emblem characters.

Katarina would be a interesting choice. I like her.