Special heroes of the 21st May

Morswo

It's hard to tell if Faye is a parody character or not. Other than Alm, I don't see anyone marrying her and not being forced to wear a green wig and circet, and from there I see it getting worse.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Lemmy said:

It's hard to tell if Faye is a parody character or not. Other than Alm, I don't see anyone marrying her and not being forced to wear a green wig and circet, and from there I see it getting worse.

There is nothing to indicate Faye being a parody character. It's incredible how such a one-note and shallow character generates so much discussion. 

So do you guys think we're getting the trailer at the same time as the Twitter reveal? That's in three hours and 20 minutes. 

I'm convinced that's Ninian, and I'm cool with that. She's neat! No idea who the other person is though... they're really thin. Some brought up maybe Nino, and I think that'd be adorable, but I don't know if I'd say she's "bride" material because she's still 14 or so. If it's Tharja... eeeeh? I like Tharja, but she'd probably kill someone for making her don a wedding dress. Plus, the "normal girl" thing has already been done in Heroes, so making a second alt based on that would be a stretch.

As for other characters, I hope Anna's on the banner because continuity! Plus, there's plenty of humor to be had with, say, trying not to get her dress dirty so she can pawn it off to the highest bidder later on or something. Or maybe referencing the incredible expenses it takes to even put on a wedding in the first place? The jokes write themselves.

Either way, I'm still saving up for the next Legendary Banner, so unless they pull some REALLY amazing stuff on this one, I'm probably not going to spend many Orbs, if any.

That said, good luck to those who do!

2 minutes ago, Grandosco said:

Some brought up maybe Nino, and I think that'd be adorable, but I don't know if I'd say she's "bride" material because she's still 14 or so.

Aren't there flower girls? At any rate, I don't think the hair matches. Nino's is spikier. 

Also, I don't think age matters since summer!Elise

1 minute ago, Lemmy said:

They do take that one note to a slightly too far degree, but I've seen worse.

That's not a valid defense nor does it suddenly make Faye a parody character or some kind of deconstruction. This was one of the most common "arguments" back in Fates' heyday. 

I remember a lot of people wanted Ninian for Love Abounds, makes sense since she is the canon wife of Eliwood.  Her art is amazing in this game, better than in Blazing sword.  I'd be all for a bride Ninian.  

The teaser was two brides, which means it is an all bride banner.  Whenever there are males they tease one male and one female.  This is really rough.  Though I assume most whales are male and thus brides is going to bring in much more money.  

I saw some suggesting bride Forrest.  That is interesting.  I guess that satisfies a fetish with a huge fanbase, at least in Japan.  It could bring in tons of money maybe?  

1 minute ago, Silent shifter said:

Groom Marth confirmed. Most likely a TT reward.

He is one. Said so on the notification board

Yep 

Spoiler

It’s Ninian, and on a pesagus with a tome as a dancer. 

Gotta get my whale game on. Might even have to pass on the new legendary if it’s not an amazing character/skill I can’t fill with what I already have.

Really glad Marth got his groom alt and a guaranteed free merge is great!

Edited by Liliesgrace

There goes my interest. I don’t care about any of the characters here so this looks like a skip. Sanaki was an especially weird choice.

Also congrats fangirls you got your groom now. ^~^

Watching the trailer, this whole banner makes no sense to me.

Ninian - makes sense as a bride, but not as a flier. If anybody should've been a flying bride, it's Elincia or Sumia. And Sumia is not someone I like.

Sanaki - Makes zero sense completely. I like that a Tellius character has an alt, but Sanaki is the oddest choice ever. She's not popular, not important, and she's THIRTEEN. What thirteen year old gets married?

Tharja - Sure, she's popular, but a black dress? I've never heard of a black wedding gown.

No Anna really shocks me.

I'm kind of disappointed Marth isn't on the banner. I'm glad he got something, but I'd like it more if he could get IVs. And honestly, he would've generated a lot of money. Still, I'm glad he's a thing at all.

I guess I'm continuing to save my orbs though.

Edited by Anacybele

Ninian alt! Flying dancers are always great but she's probably going to have the ranged dancer BST, which is pretty much the lowest possible BST range.

The rest of the banner is meh to me thankfully.

Also, Marth finally gets an alt. Can the complaints stop now?

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

Also, Marth finally gets an alt. Can the complaints stop now?

Sure, those complaints will stop. Instead, they'll complain about him being a TT unit and thus locked to +1 (and possibly about him being an underwhelming unit if that's what he turns out to be).

I like Ninian but that art is really bland. At least it's not bland and bad (like Sanaki's) but yeah... might skip and wait till she's on a Legendary Hero banner. As for Tharja, no more for the love of god let this be her last alt. Her design is atrocious (again), but the art is good. None of the skills seem all that impressive, but I'll take that as a positive.

26 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Sure, those complaints will stop. Instead, they'll complain about him being a TT unit and thus locked to +1 (and possibly about him being an underwhelming unit if that's what he turns out to be).

Wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Though as someone who doesn't give a shit about merges, I could honestly care less about that.

And I don't have any axe cavaliers so he's welcome regardless. Or more accurately, my only 5* axe cavalry was skill foddered to Ephraim, so I don't have any right now.

Also Tharja's alts are all red mages. Good luck making an emblem team for her lol.

Edited by Korath88

Never thought I'd see the day I'd be pulling for a non-Awakening/Fates/Echoes character, but looks like I'm pulling for Ninian! Gorgeous, cute art AND a flier dancer.

Tharja's art looks amazing, but slightly disappointed she's just a infantry mage, especially since she shares the same color as her default. Was really hoping she'd be a Dark Flier, but regardless, I'll still be rolling for her!

I'm not even going to comment how wrong it is for Sanaki to be a bride.

Edited by thanny

Thinking about it there's going to be a VG banner as the first bride re-run. I think I'll put my orbs there for another chance to not get Bridelia.

I'll ignore Sanaki's existance for now because I'm sure many others will be happy to discuss her (and I already made my shitty joke on the other thread). 

Ninian is nice but I really dislike her art. It's the same artist as Soleil/H!Nowi and I hated that those two. 

Tharja has nice art but she's just an infantry mage and her new skill is too niche (and it takes the B slot so it'll likely be useless outside of some GHB/BHB/LHB shenanigans).

Marth only needs to be better than Gunter to be a great unit, so it's a fairly low bar to clear given the lack of competition in the class.

As for the actual banner itself, it's not fantastic but it's better than the Genealogy banner it replaces so I can't complain too much. I probably won't drain my orbs completely, maybe just get one unit then bail. (Of course, given my recent luck it might mean I do end up draining my orbs and get no one)

Flying mage dancer is great of course, just because it's a new archetype. Ninian is a character who's neither here nor there for me, the class makes the unit in this case. It's just a little bit unfortunate she's blue, which doesn't work so well with the most common flier emblem teams. Airzura I think will easily keep her spot as the lynchpin of my flier team, even if I somehow got Hone Fliers fodder for Ninian.

Sanaki is hopefully a fast mage, since Spring Camilla already exists. Her speed stat will quite literally be the difference between her being a snipe target or being ignored altogether. It's a shame she's not red, since I don't have any flying red mages.

Ah yes, Tharja. Red just as I... oh, she's on foot. Well, bugger. I don't particularly mind it being Tharja, a character I'm rather ambivalent about, but I do mind her being just another infantry red mage with no notable qualities. Needing to keep a Rally assist to take advantage of her B-skill makes her rather impractical to me. Better art than the other two units though, and easily better than the preceding Tharjas.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Marth only needs to be better than Gunter to be a great unit, so it's a fairly low bar to clear given the lack of competition in the class.

Frederick is already a better Gunter what with Gunter suffering old man BST -- why the hell did they think this was a good idea I will never know -- and having the same stat spread as Frederick. Still good at what he does, though, since neutral Gunter is basically +Res, -Atk and -Def Frederick. If Gunter had regular BST and they pumped it all, 3 to 4 points, into resistance, a +Res, -Spd Gunter, 24-25 base resistance, would have loved to have an axe version of Berkut's Lance, 31-32 resistance when attacked before passives, buffs, and a resistance refine, since he'd basically have the same stat spread, but have much easier access to merges. As a mixed tank, he would also have done something different from Titania.

Marth being the BH Roy of the axe cavalry would let him stand out pretty well, albeit, as a jack of all trades, however. He could literally show up with his regular self's stats of 41 HP, 31 Atk, 34 Spd, 29 Def, and 23 Res and be all right. Not exceptional, but all right. A little less defense or resistance for more speed would make him more distinctive. Spring Alfonse is the high attack, almost fast, purely physical axe cavalier, Frederick and Gunter are your slow, physically tanky axe cavaliers, and Titania is the mage tank who is also fairly fast.

Ninian would easily be my most desirable unit out of the 3 banner units though not a big deal if I don't get her since I already have a +Spd/-Atk New Years Azura, who gets Hone Fliers by default.

May as well wait and see what goes on during the LH banner and hope for the VG banner.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Frederick is already a better Gunter what with Gunter suffering old man BST -- why the hell did they think this was a good idea I will never know -- and having the same stat spread as Frederick. Still good at what he does, though, since neutral Gunter is basically +Res, -Atk and -Def Frederick. If Gunter had regular BST and they pumped it all, 3 to 4 points, into resistance, a +Res, -Spd Gunter, 24-25 base resistance, would have loved to have an axe version of Berkut's Lance, 31-32 resistance when attacked before passives, buffs, and a resistance refine, since he'd basically have the same stat spread, but have much easier access to merges. As a mixed tank, he would also have done something different from Titania.

Marth being the BH Roy of the axe cavalry would let him stand out pretty well, albeit, as a jack of all trades, however. He could literally show up with his regular self's stats of 41 HP, 31 Atk, 34 Spd, 29 Def, and 23 Res and be all right. Not exceptional, but all right. A little less defense or resistance for more speed would make him more distinctive. Spring Alfonse is the high attack, almost fast, purely physical axe cavalier, Frederick and Gunter are your slow, physically tanky axe cavaliers, and Titania is the mage tank who is also fairly fast.

Yeah, but I have at least two core horse teams (Wind and Fire) and Frederick can only be on one of them. Titania is useful too of course, but fills a different role - too niche for me to give a blessing to at the moment especially as I'm well stocked with green horse mages too.

I was hoping to get Spring Alfonse for the same role, but remarkably despite pulling greens all banner, I ended up with neither green Spring seasonal and both the non-green ones. So much for the increased chances of green and from being a double-focus.